Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #121
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Plenty roos and wallaby round Wyee-Lake Macquarie, and on few occasions damaged vehicles.

Whilst Australia has some 'nice' wildlife, parrots, politicians that sort of thing, tourists need to be very careful about the BIG REDS, heck, brother taking his 75 series landcruiser complete with Scruby non-endorsed bullbar copped one in NT recently, pushed the top upper left steel well into the fender and bonnet!

Wombats are walking tanks, another roadside hazard.

Not to mention the sharks seen hundreds of kilometres in inland waterways.

Our crocs'd eat alligators!

The drop bears are deadly, I'll reinforce that.

The 'northern walking goldfish' has razor sharp teeth, they have nasty habit of entering campsites for food - not a pretty site.

Then we have the big black cats, the panther species - I don't just mean those large feral cats that eat alsations. These deadly panthers are a western Sydney, Blue Mountains and Grampians thing, even reports of em at Kangaroo Valley in NSW.

We'll not mention the red bellied black or western brown. That venom corrodes steel within minutes, might remember seeing that M1 tank left in the wrong spot!

Last edited by Keepleft; 03-09-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #122
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's Gold
and true ... hee hee

Good to see a healthy sense of humour
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #123
xbcool
dazed&confused

I grew up in a small town called Wheelabarraback ,its about 5 hours west of Kickatinnalong and 3 hours north of Whykickamoocow.
We didnt get many roos in the yard cause the crocs kept eatin them.

seriously in what other country is it legal to eat you coat of arms !
: :

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #124
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

It's no Kangaroos you gotta watch out for. It's the bastards dog whom resides across the road and walks especially over to your front lawn and shits right next to your car for you to step in...C*** of a thing...

But yeah, mostly wallabies here mate.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #125
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

i had to fight a roo off last week. the bugger was trying to take my pet croc out of teh fish pond out the back. i thought the army of highly trained funnel-webs would keep it way, but the roo sent in some tiger snakes to eat the spiders first. i landed a few punches, roo kicked me a couple of times, but we ended up shaking hands (paws?) afterwards when we discovered that we both hated the bloody wallabies that go around kicking car tyres setting off the alarms. b@st@rds.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #126
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah mate..they even hold down jobs...in newcastle they deliver the mail in there pouches and collect the rubbish every friday morning one for the recyclables the other for non-recyclables...they taste good to cooked on the open fire in our caves.....

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #127
rodderz

Cmon guys we shouldnt lead Gmack astray....

The kangaroos here are very friendly and also helpful, see this one's helping his mate out of the way so the little kid doesnt bowl him over

rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #128
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

that picture has too much information in it.. ohh my EYES!
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #129
Mr Cusso
Starter Motor

only when they are hitch hiking.
Mr Cusso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #130
professorsabre
NECO

Anyone got the video from Bathurst when I think it was a HRT car that hit a roo hoping across the track?
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 04:37 AM   #131
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rvg...elated&search=

Caution if you are easily offended.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 04:51 AM   #132
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

a kangaroo once attacked our camping supplies, food and other items on a trip me and a few mates went on several years back in the Eildon region. It was only a moderately sized one, wasn't huge. It bounced up to a bag filled with bread/rolls and meat, chewed through the bag and started eating all our food. In fear of starvation me and one of my mates ran up and tried to scare it off.. In the end i was there with my arms around it, trying to pull it back off the bag. My mate grabbed it around the back legs area, but we couldn't budge the thing. It just sat there continuing to eat as though we weren't even there. My mate is a bit of a tank and 6ft1 as well, so together we weren't what you'd call weak lol.

And no, we didn't hurt it, we were simply trying to get it away from our food. I grew up on a farm, and am very used to handling animals humanely. I'm just glad it didn't go sick and kick the crap out of me. It's funny what you'll do to protect your wellbeing before you think things through ;p It eventually left on it's own accord once it had destroyed a good half of our food.

It then returned in the morning, destroyed 2 boxes of breakfast cereals and broke some stubbies of VB :(
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #133
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

where i live, yes, i am in a suberb just north of a 70'000+ township, and they jump around the streets, and there is like a pack of 50 of them that live about 2 kms away from my house