Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #121
Angeldust

Default Re: Hsv 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
You misinterpreted my post (possibly not worded very well).

I was referring to a specific car. i.e. an F6 with 100rwkw, or 300rwkw is still going to be limited by the rest of the car in how fast it can go around the corner. Obviously the one with more power can accelerate away quicker. This is also under the assumption they both have enough space to achieve that speed before the corner.

Yes, but a 500rwkw is not going to accelerate out of a croner any quicker than a 300rwkw one. Chassis has reached its limit. The tipping point as mentioned above. You will not be able to use full throttle. (Thats the whole point of this argument).

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Old 30-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #122
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
... which class of bogan can afford a new hsv?

im definetly not a bogan, but i can only afford 2nd hand ones? lol

edit: yeah probably all those 'bogans' that work in mining..
Hope you got that was tongue and cheek

According to my manager at work who is a BMW fan I'm "The fastest bogan in the office" because I own a falcon

Also, bogans can afford nice cars:
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
3 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #123
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
Yes, but a 500rwkw is not going to accelerate out of a croner any quicker than a 300rwkw one. Chassis has reached its limit. The tipping point as mentioned above. You will not be able to use full throttle. (Thats the whole point of this argument).
I have never used full throttle when exiting a corner on a circuit (well maybe once or twice to step it sideways).

You would still travel around the track faster with the 500rwkw F6. You might have to feather the pedal a little more but other than that it would be faster point to point.
Old 30-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #124
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
You misinterpreted my post (possibly not worded very well).

I was referring to a specific car. i.e. an F6 with 100rwkw, or 300rwkw is still going to be limited by the rest of the car in how fast it can go around the corner. Obviously the one with more power can accelerate away quicker. This is also under the assumption they both have enough space to achieve that speed before the corner.
Yes that is true and the contribution the difference in power makes can be very different depending on actual speed, shap of the corner and surface.

But every time there is SOME contribution and you said none.

In saying this I accept your clarification.
Old 31-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #125
T-Pak Addict
Jim

They already done it years ago.... supercharged the 6.2...

http://www.topgear.com/au/richard-ha...-vxr8-19-05-09

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
Old 31-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #126
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That was the rubber holding it back. Not the extra power.

Edit: Sorry I thought the above was a reference to the non supercharged VXR8 beating the supercharged version in a top gear test. Once they put the same tires on both it was a different story however.
Old 31-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #127
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Funny thing when I was watching that episode of Top Gear.... Try that in a F6/GT... you would be gobsmacked..... and love it even more.... and that was before Miami eas released!

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #128
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco GT51 View Post
Any confermation on the power output for the 2013 HSV and will it be supercharged?
Speculation a 410kw supercharged 6.2L, 0 - 100 in 4 seconds.
Well done to the OP.
Not bad info going back to 2012 despite many giving you a raspberry for the shared info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
Guys this thread is about HSV 2013 models.
Was at a BBQ today a mechanical insurance assessor told me he was told that HSV will have a Super Charged vehicle in the next line-up, how reliable is the info only time will tell.
Should thank the assessor his info was also reliable.

Full details and discussions on the new spec HSV can be read in a thread here.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11394468

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread