Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #1321
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Travel ban number two signed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yi8nGNyJvo

Old 07-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #1322
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another 20 billion invested creating 45,000 jobs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niL5cceNcIc

This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #1323
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
How can this be ???

A Democrat heavy weight meeting with Vladimir !

This Schumer **** needs to be turfed out of Congress and investigated by the MSM !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...doughnuts.html

Now Obama doing dud phone taps !

Trump has a lot more draining of the swamp to do.
Big difference. Schumer is an elected sitting politician going about his business.

I see Donald has handed his wiretap claims to Congress to investigate. Now he doesn't have to/can't explain his allegation or source. Nice move.

Drain the swamp? He just filled it!
Don't waste water

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #1324
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Another 20 billion invested creating 45,000 jobs
$20B/45,000 = $450k per job created?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #1325
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

opps ignore
Old 07-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #1326
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Wall builders are in short supply in the states.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #1327
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Trumps states the average wage will average around 100k, the rest will be invested into NASA - apparently they will be designing a special work-boot, one that makes it impossible to slip on Liberal Tears. That alone will save 10 billion in work cover claims.

On another note, this is getting more interesting. The left have been rather quiet about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIBK-iKp8XE.

I thought they would take it for what it's worth, especially before Trump signs more Executive Orders and makes deals, because if he's wrong about the wire-taps the blow won't be so hard.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #1328
lgpking22

can we change the name of this to the trump meme and **** kissing thread since theres only two people who post in it now
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #1329
povpak xa

The GOP DEMS and the media are feeding the chooks
Old 07-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #1330
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgpking22 View Post
can we change the name of this to the trump meme and **** kissing thread since theres only two people who post in it now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmk...GkiGYNgQOBXgCA
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #1331
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
You posting home movies now Coupe?
Old 07-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #1332
marty351
Shenanigans..............

#sigh
Old 07-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #1333
marty351
Shenanigans..............

#sigh.

Where's cpl Klinger when you need him?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #1334
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/pharma-...rug-companies/

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #1335
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

"Trump slump" in tourism to the US:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-0...dustry/8313378

Quote:
Travel experts are calling it the "Trump Slump" — a drop-off in interest in travel to the US that is not only affecting countries targeted by the President since his election.

Travel website Kayak said interest in the USA had "fallen off a cliff" since Mr Trump's inauguration and sweeping travel ban on people from seven Muslim-majority nations.

Searches for US destinations have fallen dramatically and hotel prices in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York City have dropped more than anywhere else globally.

A drop in travel to the US would hit the country hard in the hip pocket — in New York City alone, the travel industry is worth $US60 billion ($AU78 billion) annually.

UK-based Kayak found searches for flights to some of the most popular destinations in Florida had dropped since last year — by 58 per cent to Tampa, 58 per cent to Orlando, 57 per cent to Fort Lauderdale and 52 per cent to Miami.

And the news was no better on the other side of the country, where searches for San Diego were down 43 per cent, searches for Las Vegas down 36 per cent and searches for Los Angeles down 32 per cent.

Although flight prices have so far remained steady, hotel prices also dropped, with average prices down in Las Vegas by 39 per cent, in San Francisco by 34 per cent, and in New York by 32 per cent.

"We noted that searches to the USA dropped after the new president came to office, but it seems like this is a longer-term trend," Kayak's Suzanne Perry said.

Tourism big business for the United States

But it is not just UK-based travellers whose interest in the USA appears to have waned.

Data released by travel app Hopper in early February looked at international flight search demand prior to and in the wake of Mr Trump's inauguration.

Their numbers showed flight demand to the US had fallen 17 per cent since the January 20 inauguration, dropping in 94 of the 122 countries included in the analysis.
The Las Vegas Strip
Photo: Searches for flights to Las Vegas were down 36 per cent, according to Kayak. (Flickr: Tim Shields)

Tourism is big business in the US, accounting for about 8 per cent of the GDP and 9.3 per cent of total employment, according to the World Travel and Tourism Council.

What can Trump do with a pen?

Donald Trump's executive orders have created shockwaves around the world. Here's what you need to know about them.

Mr Trump's executive order, which halted travel from citizens of seven Muslim-majority nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — also appears to have affected travel.

As well as triggering nationwide protests and legal challenges, bookings in late January and early February from the countries affected were down 80 per cent on the same period last year, according to travel analytics company Forward Keys.

Worldwide demand also fell to its lowest point the Saturday after the executive order was announced.

Although there has been a slight recovery since then, Hopper said demand was still down 10 per cent on the final weeks of Barack Obama's presidency.

But it is worth noting that, in stark contrast, Hopper's data saw a dramatic rise in demand from Russia — up 88 per cent.
It's best to read the article via the link for associated embedded hyperlinks.

The "Trump Slump" is also noted on conservative websites just in case regulars of this thread think it's a Left beat-up. And I do note that the last sentence in this article is a positive for US tourism, although percentages vs raw numbers would be handy to have (in all cases).
Old 08-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #1336
Peterwl

Quote:
"Trump slump" in tourism to the US:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-0...dustry/8313378

It's best to read the article via the link for associated embedded hyperlinks.

The "Trump Slump" is also noted on conservative websites just in case regulars of this thread think it's a Left beat-up. And I do note that the last sentence in this article is a positive for US tourism, although percentages vs raw numbers would be handy to have (in all cases).

Yes, that's what the words say, and tourism is down, just like in Europe.

But the reason is not Trumps fault, it is the mess that the globalist ( muslim importing ) Obama has left.

I have had four trips to the USA in my life, first in 1980 and last one in 2000.

It was a beautiful exciting place then, clean, cheap, well organised, and had Law and Order !

That is not the case now.

I would not go back because of the muslim problems, leftist anarchist mobs roaming the streets in major cities, "sanctuary cities" where you can be attacked, nothing done about it, and worse, no media report of it.

Canada is worse, I would not go back there now.

So, this scenario would not effect tourism "would it " ?

My next overseas trip will be to a muslin ( and leftist ) free zone.

Not too many choices unfortunately.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #1337
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Where's your information on tourism being down in Europe? Here's some straight-up statistics on tourism in Europe I found from the European Travel Commission, "the umbrella organization for Europe’s national tourism offices".

Source: http://www.etc-corporate.org/?page=report&report_id=99

"2016 marked the seventh consecutive year of growth for European tourism. The most visited region in the world welcomed 620 million international tourist arrivals last year, a modest but welcome 2% increase compared to 2015. Overall, Europe proved incredibly resilient to safety and security challenges with majority of European destinations reporting continued growth towards the end of 2016.

Europe is still one of the world's most vibrant and appealing destinations for travellers around the world and still enjoys more than 50% of the tourism market share globally. Prospects remain positive with tourist flows to Europe expected to increase by around 3% in 2017"

Consecutive growth year-on-year, looking to continue in 2017...

Quote:
But the reason is not Trumps fault, it is the mess that the globalist ( muslim importing ) Obama has left.
So the reason isn't the new attempted travel bans & nationalisation/anti-foreign stance of the Trump administration? The reason is Obama's fault despite the fact this has occurred *since Trump's election*?

Quote:
I have had four trips to the USA in my life, first in 1980 and last one in 2000.

It was a beautiful exciting place then, clean, cheap, well organised, and had Law and Order !
Lucky you (I'm serious - four trips to the US between 1980 & 2000 would've been awesome)

Quote:

I would not go back because of the muslim problems, leftist anarchist mobs roaming the streets in major cities, "sanctuary cities" where you can be attacked, nothing done about it, and worse, no media report of it.
lololol you're serious? You're serious. I think you need a Bex & a lie-down. Or you need to contact a publisher immediately, that's a pretty good story right there.

Quote:
Canada's tourism stats are also on a consecutive increase:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...arts34-eng.htm

Quote:
Well if you want to couple your claims with tourism statistics... Given the EU's and Canada's intake of refugees of Muslin attire, coupled with their consecutive increases in tourism numbers, I daresay that yes, it does affect tourism: Positively.

Quote:
Maybe the Kashmir region? Or the Silk Road (where they drive on the Right)?

Quote:
It seems not. Maybe you could visit Office 2/38 Hudson Rd, Albion QLD 4010?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #1338
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

You haven't been to the USA since then (17 years ago) and can make that comment. I've been a bunch of times and would not describe it that way.

This is just delusional to describe the USA as having anarchist mobs roaming the streets and muslim problems.

Stay away from those websites you send all your time on. They are not good for you. I am being serious.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #1339
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:

Bloody hell. Thanks for the late warning. I've been living in NYC for 18 months and had no idea I was in so much danger. I Spose the crime statistics must be wrong.

In the last 3 weeks where I have been in New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., north and South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, Colorado,Utah, Arizona, New Mexico , Nevada, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware and Maryland with California as my last stop before returning to Australia I'm really going to have to count my self lucky to be alive.

The worst that ever happened to me in NYC was a homeless dude ripping into me cause I gave him a bag of worthless pennys.

I think it's about time a few here pulled themselves out of what ever propaganda self serving media that they are into and get out and see the world.

I'll give you all a hot tip. No mater the race, religious ideology or political bias the world if full of a lot of great people. Take the blinkers off and judge for the person not what the propaganda will have you believe.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #1340
Peterwl

Quote:
You originally stated that 4 past US Secretaries of State had commited Email miss use like Clinton.

Can you give us the other 2 ?

Maybe these were missing from Wiki ??????

Or were you engaging in fake posts !

You still can not come up with the other 2 can you ?

Stay away from those left wing websites you keep quoting from on. They are not good for you. I am being serious. You should know about the results !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed

Last edited by GasoLane; 08-03-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Suggest that you go back and read T&C 3 !
Old 08-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #1341
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
You still can not come up with the other 2 can you ?

Stay away from those left wing websites you keep quoting from on. They are not good for you. I am being serious. You should know about the results !
I suspect you might have trouble reading. That wasnt me who made that comment. I gave you a heads up earlier about it

Last edited by GasoLane; 08-03-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Quoting edited post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #1342
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
You haven't been to the USA since then (17 years ago) and can make that comment. I've been a bunch of times and would not describe it that way.

This is just delusional to describe the USA as having anarchist mobs roaming the streets and muslim problems.

Stay away from those websites you send all your time on. They are not good for you. I am being serious.

I still keep looking at it, and it IS your post !

Thats what I am trying to point out to you, left wing people have lots of cognative problems.

PS The Toolman edited my last post, I could not fully make my my point.

You would have loved it.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
Old 08-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #1343
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CNN up to their tricks again - technical difficulties no doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaYPhzdO_U

2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #1344
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Thats what I am trying to point out to you, left wing people have lots of cognative problems.

You would have loved it.
I never made the statement about 4 people

Does that make it clearer for you?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #1345
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:

That's not the point! *You* still haven't come up with four people! He wants that info from *you*!
5 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #1346
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

We are getting a very long way away from the title of this thread.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
Old 08-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #1347
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

You would have loved it.
Thank you, did read the T&C like I suggested?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #1348
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You would have loved it.
I also told you, it was MY post. lol

I gave you the reasons in that post.

And when remarking on someone else's intelligence it helps if you don't make spelling errors.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #1349
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Seeing as though you have somehow morphed into me...can I have your credit card number? Your mortgage won't be required.

XC Cobra #181.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #1350
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A fresh batch of WikiLeaks has been released straight out of the oven!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RR9gBk4UI

Closed Thread