Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #12931
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
Picked up my brand new FGX XR8 today, bloody weather gods have conspired and pouring rain, so no exploring the full potential just yet
Well- you can always explore its full potential in the wet on corners with traction control off....

Congrats - you are going to have fun- such a lot of fun learning how to really drive this animal.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #12932
AussieCJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Well- you can always explore its full potential in the wet on corners with traction control off....

Congrats - you are going to have fun- such a lot of fun learning how to really drive this animal.
Fun animal is one way of putting it. Stepping out of a FG2 XR6T so it feels familar but new, loving the revised suspension and wider rear wheels and the sound is just so addictive

As to traction control off that will take a bit of getting use to the car first, so no little idiot moments
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #12933
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I agree. Even if it was the same height as the FG, it would've looked better. I really like the back of the FG but the wing does nothing for me.
I can't edit my post but I meant to say that I really like the back of the FGX but the wing does nothing for me. It's too close to the boot.
Old 17-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #12934
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know what build stage (4) is? My dealer doesn't know and I am expecting it in the next wk or two does this mean it's on the truck or finished production awaiting transport??

Thanks in advance.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #12935
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
Does anyone know what build stage (4) is? My dealer doesn't know and I am expecting it in the next wk or two does this mean it's on the truck or finished production awaiting transport??

Thanks in advance.
It means you'll soon have one in the driveway!

Probably on the truck, or about to be put on the truck is my guess. I got a call that mine was in, that was the only hint I had. Have fun!
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #12936
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picking mine up in 2hours and 45mins 36 secs....

But Im not counting down.... its only been 9 months!!

Gerorge
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #12937
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

Gerorge
Oh you big tyre smoking baby you!
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #12938
Tbm1121

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Stage 4 If I'm correct, hasn't been finished yet, but has major assembly completed, needs qc and road testing once final assembly is completed, then is booked for transport,
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #12939
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Stage 4 If I'm correct, hasn't been finished yet, but has major assembly completed, needs qc and road testing once final assembly is completed, then is booked for transport,
Thanks mate..

Do u know if road testing is done or required by the dealership if it has already been road tested at the factory??
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #12940
Freiherr

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

Gerorge
9 months wait! The XR8s are REALLY our babies. I should be picking mine up from 'maternity' any day now.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #12941
Tbm1121

Quote:
Thanks mate..

Do u know if road testing is done or required by the dealership if it has already been road tested at the factory??
Both, the car is tested prior to being released onto transport, and is required as part of the pre delivery process completed by the dealership.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #12942
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
Great set of photos so many thanks...Cheers,Brent
Old 21-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #12943
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my god I actually heard a add for the new ford on Pandora last night they even commented on all the engine options !!!!
Old 21-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #12944
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

The 9 months waiting was well worth it.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #12945
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I seen a FGX XR6 yesterday , and noticed it was not fitted with Brembro brake package, what other items are not fitted that the XR8 has ?
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #12946
AussieCJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
I seen a FGX XR6 yesterday , and noticed it was not fitted with Brembro brake package, what other items are not fitted that the XR8 has ?
Brembo's, RSpec suspension, Staggered wheels (275 rears 245 front), luxury pack is standard (needs to be optioned on XR6T), wing mirrors with indicators and bonnet bulge

That's about all I can think of but if you jump on ford's website there is an option for side by side comparison
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #12947
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7 View Post
Brembo's, RSpec suspension, Staggered wheels (275 rears 245 front), luxury pack is standard (needs to be optioned on XR6T), wing mirrors with indicators and bonnet bulge

That's about all I can think of but if you jump on ford's website there is an option for side by side comparison
Plus a thumping great supercharged V8
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 23-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #12948
Aeroblue

Hi All, new to the forum, I have on order a Aero Blue FXG XR6T, now been 8 weeks, what is the go with the "No communication" at all from Ford. The dealer has been well happy to get the order but that's it. Poor stock controller gets all the fun!!!

All the information so far on the Forums has been concerning, great to see them delivering a bit more quantity of Xr8's but not much on Xr6 T?

I would have thought they would have gone out of there way (Ford)to let my fans and purchasers known exactly what is going on. I mean we have memories, long term memories. They just don't get it!!

Happy driving all, cant wait to see the Aero Xr6T, and others on this forums vehicles too.hehehehe
Aeroblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #12949
FPV-800

Yes the build updates from Ford are pretty pathetic, ordered my xr8 in October and haven't had one email. Dealer said its scheduled to be started at end of June for a middle July delivery, at least the wait is nearly over. Now to sell the BA Xr8
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #12950
XR398BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroblue View Post
I would have thought they would have gone out of there way (Ford)to let my fans and purchasers known exactly what is going on. I mean we have memories, long term memories. They just don't get it!!
Unfortunately for some/most of them it's only a job. They don't share our passion, they just need to pay bills.
XR398BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #12951
Bencornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroblue View Post
Hi All, new to the forum, I have on order a Aero Blue FXG XR6T, now been 8 weeks, what is the go with the "No communication" at all from Ford. The dealer has been well happy to get the order but that's it. Poor stock controller gets all the fun!!!

All the information so far on the Forums has been concerning, great to see them delivering a bit more quantity of Xr8's but not much on Xr6 T?

Happy driving all, cant wait to see the Aero Xr6T, and others on this forums vehicles too.hehehehe
Hi mate,
I Also ordered an fgx xr6 turbo in victory gold in mid april. Got it from epping bayford and they have been great regarding communication. They told me on that they that it will be a June build and they kept me updated on a weekly basis letting me know if it's on schedule. They called me also today saying they will get it delivered tomorow and that I will get it beginning of next week. Wohoo. Great dealership.
Old 24-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #12952
Aeroblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bencornelius View Post
Hi mate,
I Also ordered an fgx xr6 turbo in victory gold in mid april. Got it from epping bayford and they have been great regarding communication. They told me on that they that it will be a June build and they kept me updated on a weekly basis letting me know if it's on schedule. They called me also today saying they will get it delivered tomorow and that I will get it beginning of next week. Wohoo. Great dealership.
Awesome news, happy driving.. may be a good luck charm for my Aero turbo. Have a lot of fun driving that.. Cheers
Old 24-06-2015, 11:19 PM   #12953
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know when they are expecting to build the next batch of xr8s? I ordered one 3 moths ago and the dealer knows nothing.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #12954
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc View Post
Does anyone know when they are expecting to build the next batch of xr8s? I ordered one 3 moths ago and the dealer knows nothing.
They don't build them in batches.

They are building about 12 a day ATM.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #12955
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

Quote:
Hendrixhc,
Did the dealer tell you whether it was out of their current allocation or a later allocation?
Did they give you a Sido number or have you received an email directly from Ford confirming they havent built your car yet but are gearing up for it?
Hopefully they havent taken a deposit without actually securing a car for you. From what i have read here previously it can occur.
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #12956
DamoAu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaman View Post
Hendrixhc,
Did the dealer tell you whether it was out of their current allocation or a later allocation?
Did they give you a Sido number or have you received an email directly from Ford confirming they havent built your car yet but are gearing up for it?
Hopefully they havent taken a deposit without actually securing a car for you. From what i have read here previously it can occur.
The above is absolutely correct, Make sure they actually have an allocation for you, I know one dealer in the west that was giving a great price, taking deposits, then didn't have the allocations to fill the orders. The dealers got their monthly allocations for the rest of this year in April so they should know which month your car is due to be built.
Old 25-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #12957
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaman View Post
Hendrixhc,
I paid a deposit but the dealer said they have received no notification if and when they will build the cars. They said i should get notification around end of January for a June delivery next year.

I read on the web on 21st march that they Ford were building another 1600. I spoke to the dealer the following weekend and they said they have not heard anything form Ford yet.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #12958
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

Quote:
I paid a deposit but the dealer said they have received no notification if and when they will build the cars. They said i should get notification around end of January for a June delivery next year.

I read on the web on 21st march that they Ford were building another 1600. I spoke to the dealer the following weekend and they said they have not heard anything form Ford yet.
Ok. So they dont have a car for you. Yet.
Are you happy to wait until January to get confirmation?
Personally i couldnt stand the 6 month wait to know whether i had secured one or missed out!
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #12959
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:

Depending on what transmission you are chasing there are dealers about with cars right now. I know of 2 that definitely have them either in the showroom or confirmed allocation. If your dealer can't tell you a definitive date then they do not have an allocation. They may be right about next year. If you are prepared to wait the all good, if not there are options.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #12960
Aeroblue

Angry Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Well I got an update, on my early May 2015 order for a FGX6T aero blue, it wasn't!!!!!. Well it was but some time later, I would say recently as the new date for the car is October, I think 2015??? I was told August.

When was I going to be told?????????????

I must say this is the worst client service from the dealer in Brisbane. I spoke to the rep handling he was more concerned about putting out "bushfires". Well I lighted a whole new one for him!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to the Dealer Principal who confirmed they have "dropped the ball", well this was bite 2 of the cherry, as I had ordered a new Mondeo which got six different delivery dates, that ended up cancelled. I saw red...

Dealer principal is looking for one now, all but black!!!! at their costs..

If its not Ford its a Ford Dealer, I guess they excel in ****ing people off.

Why can I look at Carsales .com and see them, at least 8 of them with my specs??? Or are we just getting crapped on..