Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #12391
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Yes, you’re not allowed to go to work. I know you’re a workaholic, so extend my condolences.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #12392
slowsnake
Banned

Email from friend I stayed with at Smithfield 9 years ago, she worked then at Fairfield Public Hospital, Sydney.
Her friend who still works at Fairfield, both RN's had contact with a relative of a covid positive patient in lift.
She told me her friend and herself both fully Pfizer vaccinated, her friend put off for 14 days home isolation, she is to be paid 3 prior booked shifts, and not the whole 14 days isolation!

Sounds like a rough deal to me for going to work!
Make me wanna change jobs!

Cheers Billy.
Old 17-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #12393
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
What’s it been? ONE covid death this YEAR ( for the entire of Australia)? .............

Meanwhile empty planes carting pollies off to Olympics, or to “mucho important” meetings, or ferrying celebrities in…. Whilst Joe Blow can’t go more than 5ks from his home?
Got up for gigs, this whole fiasco…,
On point.....this is a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...anded-overseas

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...106f34d22e7085

Death count is 4 at the moment. 3 from the latest Syd outbreak. Hospitalisation rate in Syd is running just below 10%. Restrictions are needed (IMHO) but the above is an absolute joke on all of us.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 01:59 AM   #12394
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
What’s it been? ONE covid death this YEAR ( for the entire of Australia)?
It’s friggin nuts!
Hospitals overflowing with cases?
Funeral homes unable to cope?
“Gold standard” “Platinum standard”, whatever feckin standard…. Your all been takin for a ride!
Meanwhile empty planes carting pollies off to Olympics, or to “mucho important” meetings, or ferrying celebrities in…. Whilst Joe Blow can’t go more than 5ks from his home?
3 deaths this year Charlie and yes, the reactions have probably been a bit OTT but no one wants to see a repeat of the Victorian debacle of last year which probably accounted for ~800 deaths and ~19k cases.

As I said earlier, the UK is going to be the litmus test as to how we might be able to return to relative normality once we reach a critical mass of vaccinated people. The case numbers haven't been promising so far but if the mortality rate stays low then that might well be the new normal we all keep banging on about.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 03:06 AM   #12395
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

.. as a PS: we have 115 cases currently hospitalised nationally (75 of those in NSW) of which 28 are in ICU (18 in NSW).

There were 2,378 ICU beds in total at the end of 2019 (466 of which were private) and we haven't gone anywhere near saturating the health care system partly through good management (increasing capacity and managing outbreaks) and partly through sheer good luck. The latest COO from July 15th shows that there were 1,916 public ICU beds available (for COVID patients) nationally but that doesn't mean that they are evenly spread and it doesn't count 'surge' capacity which each state has some of.

NSW has the most with 842 or 1 per 8,400 persons;
NT has 24 or 1 per 10,270 people;
ACT has 37 or 1 per 11,500 people;
Victoria has 427 or 1 per 15,200 people;
Tasmania has 33 or 1 per 15,453 people;
QLD had 325 or 1 per 15,953 people;
WA has 138 or 1 per 19,326 people; and
SA has 86 or 1 per 20,590 people.

Some food for thought.

We have about 40% the population of the UK but if we had 40% of their current case numbers we'd be running at 20,000 cases a day so even if only the same 10% (as now) were hospitalised that's 2,000 new hospital patients per day and if the same percentage of those required ICU treatment (let's be generous and say only 20%) that's 400 per day and with an average ICU stay of 12 days before being downgraded to general care (or dying) it wouldn't take long for a big state based cluster to overwhelm the system. Also bear in mind that we have limited general ward capacity and with a non-ICU hospitalisation ranging anywhere from a few days to a few months that would also rapidly become an issue too.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-07-2021, 05:38 AM   #12396
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is good the see NSW is doing ****-all to stop the spread of the COVID - they should charge her and her Government

I read this morning that 4 removalists left one of the locked down LGA's for Western NSW and 3 of them had had the test and had tested positive - JAIL THEM
Old 18-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #12397
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Our favourite CHO has been absent the last few days, leaving Dr Kirkpatrick to hold the medical fort per South Australia. Is she in Tokyo with her husband? Not so much stirring, as just missing the impeccable glamour.

The latest ad-hoc restrictions slapped on Sydney theoretically seem to stop delivery workers (post, courier, freight, pathology) from the “target” LGAs attending their jobs. I hope they’re going to tweak these details better - we shouldn’t practically go 2+ weeks without reliable mail.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #12398
slowsnake
Banned

Well it is a Ford Forum, so how about the " Pony Express " that's guaranteed to get the mail through!...lol.

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #12399
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Yes, you’re not allowed to go to work. I know you’re a workaholic, so extend my condolences.
Was a workaholic - now semi retired

Have a few projects that I will be working on during the lockdown. Don't worry, hold off the condolences for now

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 09:17 AM   #12400
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
It is good the see NSW is doing ****-all to stop the spread of the COVID - they should charge her and her Government

I read this morning that 4 removalists left one of the locked down LGA's for Western NSW and 3 of them had had the test and had tested positive - JAIL THEM
I tell you what, that Limo driver will be wanting to change his name and move to another country for his own protection if he had an ounce of intelligence and valued his self preservation.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #12401
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
3 deaths this year Charlie and yes, the reactions have probably been a bit OTT but no one wants to see a repeat of the Victorian debacle of last year which probably accounted for ~800 deaths and ~19k cases.
Russ, there were 3 recently, and 1 back in April from QLD I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I tell you what, that Limo driver will be wanting to change his name and move to another country for his own protection if he had an ounce of intelligence and valued his self preservation.
I would say its very fortunate that he got tested immediately when he became unwell, or this could be 3 times worse. Melb's last outbreak had someone running around for 12 days (or was it 14?) unwell.

He wasn't required to wear a mask, so he didn't. Its the "4th line of defence" he is told. Even that could be a red herring. I read somewhere he thinks he caught it from someone at a cafe he was sitting next to. Without the source identified, its going to be a he said she said. His details disclosed, Chan 7 rocking up at his house, I can see a defamation suit coming once this is all settled. Reminds me of nebuliser man, however nebuliser man outed himself by calling into a radio station.

tiktok man reckons 105 today.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 09:36 AM   #12402
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:

i would have thought there was a law for that, freely travelling the country side , knowing your positive , and knowing that you maybe infecting and hospitalizing others. wow, how bad is that. the term idiots just isn,t enough for me.

make an example of them is say.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #12403
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by
The latest ad-hoc [URL="https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/restrictions-to-further-limit-spread-of-covid-19-delta-strain"
restrictions[/URL] slapped on Sydney theoretically seem to stop delivery workers (post, courier, freight, pathology) from the “target” LGAs attending their jobs. I hope they’re going to tweak these details better - we shouldn’t practically go 2+ weeks without reliable mail.
They have been tweeked overnight. It was a big oversight, promote delivery rather than retail then not include transport in authorised workers. I had meetings arranged today to try to work out what we could do, looks like that is sorted now.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rule...orised-workers

3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #12404
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Good to see item 28 in there, also 32 seems malleable and might benefit from further distillation.
Old 18-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #12405
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
As I said earlier, the UK is going to be the litmus test as to how we might be able to return to relative normality once we reach a critical mass of vaccinated people. The case numbers haven't been promising so far but if the mortality rate stays low then that might well be the new normal we all keep banging on about.
Unfortunately it didn't work out too well for The Netherlands.

"In mid-June, COVID-19 infections in the Netherlands had dropped to their lowest levels in nine months, 13 million vaccinations had been administered to the population of 17.5 million people, and bars and restaurants were open."

"Before the folly of the Verknipt festival had come light, the Dutch government had already started backtracking on restrictions.

By July 7, Health Minister Hugo de Jonge said the government had acknowledged a sharp rise in infections – new infections had doubled to 8,000 in the week ending Tuesday, July 6 – and was requesting urgent advice from the country's outbreak management team.

By July 9, there were nearly 7,000 cases recorded in the previous 24-hour period alone."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...urge/100295326
Old 18-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #12406
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
He wasn't required to wear a mask, so he didn't. Its the "4th line of defence" he is told. Even that could be a red herring. I read somewhere he thinks he caught it from someone at a cafe he was sitting next to. Without the source identified, its going to be a he said she said. His details disclosed, Chan 7 rocking up at his house, I can see a defamation suit coming once this is all settled. Reminds me of nebuliser man, however nebuliser man outed himself by calling into a radio station.

tiktok man reckons 105 today.
Absolutely. That's how we find ourselves in our situation. Some of the polies decided that people will use 'common sense'.

How wonderful - he said he didn't 'need' to wear a mask or get tested so he 'chose' to use that as an 'out' to justify his sheer selfishness and stupidity.

We ALL have an in built instinct for self preservation. We don't need to be told not to touch fire. We don't need to be reminded to wear a jacket in the snow. Yes, it may be common sense but it's also instinct.

We try to keep ourselves alive for as long as possible.

This fool worked in a high risk, dangerous industry and should have taken it upon himself to do his best for himself and the people around him.

Much like you would warn someone that you just spilt water in the supermarket, or help an old person cross the road. You do it just because it's the right thing to do.

I got tested 3 times last week, I wear my mask any time I step out and I tried my best to get vaccinated as soon as possible. I get my second Pfizer dose next week.

I live in Bankstown and work in the city and in multiple schools. High risk, higher chance to catch virus, higher chance again to spread it to others if I had it.

I didn't need any law to tell me to do this, I didn't need to be forced to do it. I did it because I wouldn't want to live with the fact I could have made my parents, 2 young girls or work mates and friends and family sick from my selfishness.

Some will call me a sheep, a slave to the new world order. I don't care. I see it as being a part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I know people that point blank refuse to get the vaccination, yet load up on fast food every day, and drink, smoke and do recreational drugs on the weekends.

But... but the vaccination is really bad for you...

Old 18-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #12407
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i would have thought there was a law for that, freely travelling the country side , knowing your positive , and knowing that you maybe infecting and hospitalizing others. wow, how bad is that. the term idiots just isn,t enough for me.

make an example of them is say.
Remember when we had the AIDS virus running rampant, people were being sent to prison for years knowing they had the virus and had unprotected sex with others without informing them they were HIV positive.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 11:03 AM   #12408
slowsnake
Banned

Remember "Simon Townsend's Wonderworld"....

Well the world "really is wonderful" that was his mantra, and it still applies today, and tomorrow and next week or month or year!

No matter what our circumstances something wonderful will happen to you or in your life today!...

Cheers Billy
Old 18-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #12409
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Thanks for that link Gaso - the Netherlands isn't somewhere I've been watching closely but I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Russ, there were 3 recently, and 1 back in April from QLD I think?
The data source I use had 909 as of December 31st and currently shows 912 but I think that may update to 913 today which will make it 4.

(PS: it has).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #12410
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

I agree Trevor! along with Daniel Andrews and his government when he lost 800 souls.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #12411
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 17th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

144 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR is 2.874%.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.928%.

The UK had a higher 53,969 cases yesterday and lower 41 deaths for a CMR of 2.389%.

A higher 41,245 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 288 deaths sees CMR at 1.789%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Isle of Man (139);
Senegal (1,366) - 600 more than the high yesterday;

Rwanda (1,997);
Mozambique (2,025);
Vietnam (3,178);
Kazakhstan (5,658); and
Thailand (10,082)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Venezuela moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #12412
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
What’s it been? ONE covid death this YEAR ( for the entire of Australia)?
It’s friggin nuts!
Hospitals overflowing with cases?
Funeral homes unable to cope?
“Gold standard” “Platinum standard”, whatever feckin standard…. Your all been takin for a ride!
not to mention Military war games , going on in QLD Shoalwater bay .
border , 10 kays from me .

Yep ,, From Singapore , asia , etc...

the Singapore , bought , training ground , aquired many - many Aussie Beef producing properties , with a deal with our Gov .

big operation here .. thousands overseas Military ..Bloody Joke , wonder where they quarantine at ,,, , so the International border is only for ppl that are Deemed to . Should i say it ,,Have Influence and have Big Money to Grease Pollies Palms ? Wonder how many have Properties / etc in said Countrys

What , no bloody masks , when they shop in Rocky ??

So , no Border restrictions . for thousands of Military .

nothing has been said about that ...

Papers Please .......

Last edited by Hippy; 18-07-2021 at 12:40 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #12413
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Thanks for that link Gaso - the Netherlands isn't somewhere I've been watching closely but I will.

The data source I use had 909 as of December 31st and currently shows 912 but I think that may update to 913 today which will make it 4.

(PS: it has).
This is interesting when read in conjunction with the number of cases.

https://coronadashboard.government.n...enhuis-opnames

It shows that hospitalisation rates (what really matters once vaccination starts to hit a reasonable level in a society) averaged well over 200 per day from October last year till May. They are now going up, but to the heady heights of around 20 per day. Where this settles is the important value.

People forget we walk around every day infected by millions of pathogens. It is only if one makes you sick that it is a problem. Infection itself is not a problem.

3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #12414
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
not to mention Military war games , going on in QLD Shoalwater bay .
border , 10 kays from me .

Yep ,, From Singapore , asia , etc...

the Singapore , bought , training ground , aquired many - many Aussie Beef producing properties , with a deal with our Gov .

big operation here .. thousands overseas Military ..Bloody Joke , wonder where they quarantine at ,,, , so the International border is only for ppl that are Deemed to . Should i say it ,,Have Influence and have Big Money to Grease Pollies Palms ? Wonder how many have Properties / etc in said Countrys

What , no bloody masks , when they shop in Rocky ??

So , no Border restrictions . for thousands of Military .

nothing has been said about that ...

Papers Please .......
The CCP agree with you, we shouldn’t allow our military to train with our allies
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 01:25 PM   #12415
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A case in Mildura? Sounds like it was the right call to limit movement statewide.

Rides (past and present)

Old 18-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #12416
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Surprise surprise.............

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympi...93a21610323cdd
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #12417
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Was bound to happen...

Did I hear that people in the Olympic Village were not allowed to mix and fraternise yet in their welcome pack each was given a hand full of condoms???

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #12418
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Was bound to happen...

Did I hear that people in the Olympic Village were not allowed to mix and fraternise yet in their welcome pack each was given a hand full of condoms???

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
isnt that standard every olympics ?

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #12419
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
I agree Trevor! along with Daniel Andrews and his government when he lost 800 souls.
At least his Government tried, she is doing **** all. It is obvious ScoMo is pulling the strings in NSW
Old 18-07-2021, 06:25 PM   #12420
zilo
BANNED

ANOTHER negative test result for me today....just because I am dropping off and picking wife up from Monash medical tomorrow....they demanded it.

FFS....had both doses, got a semi auto gun licence...surely I can be trusted now?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Closed Thread