Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #91
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_wif_xf
National service and conscription are one and the same, Panda.

I was reffering to today's situation MO when saying you or anyone for that matter, would desert. But even then, do you believe that Australia was under threat during your tour of duty? (this isn't meant to rile you up, I just want opinions from people that were there).

OK just to clarify I never got sent but I saw what came back.

Very hard to rile me up when talking sense.

As for threat at the time the political agenda was complex and the general theme was better to fight in their backyard than our own.

What seems to be forgotten is that the French were in there for twenty odd years and couldn't win.....so what happens the yanks reckon they can but in order to do so they call on the ANZUS treaty.

We basically because of the political agenda got into a fight that we shoudn't have...same as the current fiascos in the middle east.

As I said its a very complex area one which can lead to unfortunate decisions because of treaties.

Hope that sort of helps...I did a double major in politics and a major in sociology some years back and even then it could not be gotten to the real base of why.

It seems it depends on the whim and fancy of the gov't at the time.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #92
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

you know what would probably be cheaper for the government? set up an army (division) with all the prisoners, whilst they serv, at the end of it they could be released in to public ! ... well the ones that aren't serving xx amount of years or life or whatever?

i'm against any draft of every day civilians, but if prisoners were drafted that would be sick !

i'm not against the army, infact if i could join right now i would ! but being forced to , to me is a no no :O
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #93
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
you know what would probably be cheaper for the government? set up an army (division) with all the prisoners, whilst they serv, at the end of it they could be released in to public ! ... well the ones that aren't serving xx amount of years or life or whatever?

i'm against any draft of every day civilians, but if prisoners were drafted that would be sick !

i'm not against the army, infact if i could join right now i would ! but being forced to , to me is a no no :O

kyro_02 I didn't look up your profile however I would suggest you make google your friend and research before you post.

Just a rough guess your late teens early twenties...yes.

I will be gentle...YOU KNOW NOT OF WHAT
YOU SPEAK......wake up....OZ needs you!!!!!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #94
Funtime25

Seriuosly Merlin, HOW do u discipline or teach a child values or morals? Today you cant use the good old strap.....you get into trouble..................they wanna do there own thing when and where. How do and can you stop them?...........kick em out.......they roam the streets and become street kids, robbing and drug taking
Funtime25 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post