Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #91
ORSMEB
Steve

Whenever I involve them, it's after it's done. So I'm telling them what I've done! Dad's confused why I'm wasting all this money because 'it was working fine without the 17" rims, without the new stereo, without retrimming the boot, without this....without that...so on and so forth'. And Mum has no idea what any of the stuff does or means, so she says 'ok, whatever'. She hasn't driven it either, because she doesn't want to break her leg by pushing the tank of a clutch I have!
Old 25-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #92
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-6000
mum doesn't want to break her leg by pushing the tank of a clutch I have!

mum loves driving my monty, likes the really easy get up and go, also the exhaust of all things... lol
Old 25-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #93
helltd
Mad Professor

My parents think my EB has "too much power" for me.
I'm not sure if they're scared I can't handle it, or if they're scared that I can...
My dad seems to be against all modifications, but he's got a 4 cylinder Torana with a 350 chev s.b. so he can't talk. Mums just against going fast, unless she's doing the driving herself.
They moan alot threaten alot, but they never carry out their threats. Like that one time I got caught doing donuts by Mum...
Ah the memories!
helltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #94
nitroman
nitroman

When I suggested to my Father in law I was looking for a car he went on with his usual "Just get a toyota 4wd and you can't go wrong" dribble. Then I showed up in the Xr8 and he was livid " waddaya need 240 on the clock for and why does it have 2 spoilers?!" I replied "Well it needs 2 spoilers at 240!" He's over it now though and loves the noise it makes.
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #95
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
And I am proud its a 6, the V8s in e-series are crap
lol. What stock? So are the sixes.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #96
ORSMEB
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroman
Well it needs 2 spoilers at 240!" He's over it now though and loves the noise it makes.
I like your excuse!
Old 25-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #97
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I live by myself so it doesn;t amtter...when i go to my parents that at least get a warning cause they can hear the car coming

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #98
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
As I said, I think it sounds like an 8 at idle.

And I am proud its a 6, the V8s in e-series are crap

hmmm id think the e-series v8 are pretty good. Just some background info the e-series v8's are based off the mustangs (i forget what era though, i think from 88 through to 92 or something) and with the right amount of knowledge and money you can turn them into quite respectable cars. So the e-series v8 are better than what you may think!.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 05:00 AM   #99
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

my dad winges all the time, every time i pull my car through to the shed to do some stuff to it, he'll come up and say, "what are you doing noooowwww??!!", or "what are you painting nooowwww??!!" aarrgghh i hate it so much! my mum dosent really say much, only if dads having a go at me mum will say not to do anything to it while he's home!
its got to the point where i cringe if i see dad coming up to the shed if im up there doing mods! i know i need to just say to him, "look, im going to spend MY money on MY car WHENEVER I LIKE! and YOU cant do ANYTHING about it!!!" my parents are car people, dads a drinker and a footy lover,cricket in summer and has nothing to do with cars execpt drive them to work, or around! i get my car-ness from mums family who are into cars, although not really the type of cars on here!more luxury i guess!

cheers!
Old 26-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #100
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

As with most wog parents, you get the usual stuff about wasting money, and it's not needed, it's powerful enough etc etc. I've been wanting to go turbo ever since god knows when and my olds said that was out of the question! (I lost my licence so that chance went out the window), but then for my 21st, the boys chipped in and bought me a turbo, cooler and few other pieces... now dad wants me to get it done so he can see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited by ned; 26-08-2006 at 02:31 PM.
ned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #101
STOKEB
NOS Induction pssssshhhhh

Where do i start hhmmm the part where my old man pulled out a sleadge Hammer and almost smashed the car apart with it lol HIs over it now he helps out when i need it. HIs over fighting with me over the car.
STOKEB - 3:7 diff gears, 3inch zorst, JMM Race Series Extractors, Custom Bottom end to suit N20, AU DEV 6 Head and Cam, Cold Air Intake, ED XR6 Manual Computer with Flash Tunner, ED XR6 Fuel reg, C10 Auto, 2800stall .
---------------------------------------------------
I LiVe My LiFe A bOtTlE aT a TiMe, FoR tHoSe 200 sQuIrTs I fEeL fReE.........pssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #102
EFFANATIC
Banned

Dad always has a look at what im upto with it and says your always ****ing around with it lmao.
Then asks questions. He likes the end result and always then starts talking about his AU3Xr8.
Mum always helps me out as a parts driver and has learnt to live with it.
EFFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #103
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even though ive got an AU. My parents dont see the point in me spending so much money on it, however there fairly supportive when i do things with it.
Mum just wants me to pay the car off ASAP and buy BA/BF or an FG (and get myself in even more debt just like she did my brother, lol).
My dad doesnt really care, he just doesnt like me doing the work on it myself, despite the price, he'd prefer i take it to mechanics to get the work done.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #104
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

My parents have always been good with me and my cars... 6 later and i'm ready to buy another :P

Dad likes working on my cars more than his own.

Mum bought a newer car not long ago and has been bitten by the car repairs bug :P
Old 28-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #105
webby_191189
low wagooon

Dad doesnt mind it but would rather it be a V8, Mum is jealous because its nicer than hers haha

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #106
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

My parents LOVE my car They are amazed its in better condition both mechanically and looks than when i got it...................

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #107
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

As long as it does a good burnout, my Mum and Dad don't give a tiny rats ****.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #108
Skotty
Banned

my old man loves my car.. my old lady says its too loud and I should sell it...

My old man pefers my EF2 Fairmont over his BA Futura... now thats gotta say something ;)
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #109
MISSN2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old man loves it says keep it in the shed old lady just looks at it and says move it!!lol
MISSN2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #110
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Well, my parents aren't too worried at the moment because it's stock (besides the stereo). If I did spend some money on mods though, they wouldn't be happy though. They know I don't have much money so if I drove back to Gippsland with a nice set of 18"s and superlows all round, they would be majorly angry. After my big crash years ago, I think they are happy I am in such a safe car though.
Bahahaha. I love looking at my posts from 2.5 years ago. My parents hate it every time I spend money on the thing. Even though I don't have 18s or superlows, I've still gone a bit nuts with the car. To my parents, it's all about getting from A to B, pretty ironic since Dad's first car was an XA GT coupe.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 04:08 AM   #111
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm surprised some hasn't said:

HOLY CRAP ITS A THREAD MINE STOP THE PRESSES.
OMG I CANT GET OVER THE FACT THAT PEOPLE RESURRECT THREADS I THINK I COULD JUST GO ON ABOUT IT ALL DAY.

On a more serious note my parents don't mind the mods themselves they just think you can stuff a car or it'll blow up if I keep modding it.

Then again my redback has 2 mufflers, they hated my mates thrashed single muffler NA haha.
Old 13-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #112
westoftown

"oh no no it's just too big"

we'll see when they need to tow someting or go on a driving holiday in their own car: honda jazz? i dont think so . . .

Quote:
charcoal: one shade tuffer than gunmetal grey
westoftown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #113
75Cortina

Yeah my parents are the same, i think i've had the "Why do you need a V8 to get to work Jason", Converstaion about 1 billion times from dad and also the "my friends told me to get a hotted up car, but i never did..."

Mum just yells at me and tells me that i should have 20 houses by now and, you father used to work 3 jobs..... and your wasting you money crap.

Even when i just replace a part thats better then what come out in 1975...get the same crap

I dun car tho, i'm still moding the hell out of my car i think that the lony thing that is going to stay stock is the shape of the body.

I just block it all out, i used to try and reason but i just cant be bothered now.
Full Floater 9in 31 Spine with locker

Its almost there!!!!
75Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #114
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Sounds like you all need to move out of home...

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #115
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Sounds like you all need to move out of home...
I have but between trips to my parent's place, it went from this:

to this:

so the changes are rather noticable!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #116
75Cortina

I am as soon as the car is mostly finnished, moving out is next on the cars =)
I'm not home that much anyway these days, Yay Shift work!!
Full Floater 9in 31 Spine with locker

Its almost there!!!!
75Cortina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #117
86XFFairmont
No Car Too Low Too Tow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMPT
my mum asked my if she could borrow my car to drive to NSW to visit the relatives ...and im like no way , she asks why ,......im like look at the car ffs its too low for you to drive and i like my rims without gutter bash thankyou..
lol good thinkin bro, i woulda sed y not use ur own car? (or dont she have one man?)

my old man is jealous lol hes got an el i6 wagz and i got da ghia 5L he sed it was too low wen i first dumped it to like 70 or 80 mm then wen i got the exhaust done he didnt mind that, just jealous its a v8 really but keeps nagging me as to what im gunna do next lol shoiulda known tho he used to race stock cars at rosedale speedway lol
Old 15-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #118
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86XFFairmont
lol good thinkin bro, i woulda sed y not use ur own car? (or dont she have one man?)

my old man is jealous lol hes got an el i6 wagz and i got da ghia 5L he sed it was too low wen i first dumped it to like 70 or 80 mm then wen i got the exhaust done he didnt mind that, just jealous its a v8 really but keeps nagging me as to what im gunna do next lol shoiulda known tho he used to race stock cars at rosedale speedway lol

Can someone please translate this????

Please don't use sms type chat as it is very difficult to read.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #119
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

mum always used to cut crook about how all my pay went on my car, and dad would back her up......... until she was outa earshot, then he be all "so wot are we building now?" mind you they both got sick of the fuzz looking for me every saturday morning :the_finge then dad stated with the "if you get deffected one more time your finding sumwhere else to live"

the good old days
Old 19-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #120
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Can someone please translate this????

Please don't use sms type chat as it is very difficult to read.
lol MN u dnt undastnd lol 2manyz 'lolzz' per sentans lol lol lol i laff al da wayz home

ps punktuashon n propa spelln iz 4 l000serz lol facebookbbqomghaxwtf lol

lol

lolololol
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post