Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #91
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Went to get a flange gasket for an exhaust from ford. Ford said no such part exists. 2 hours later had one put on at Tuff Muff.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #92
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Got a mate that I successfully avoid for up to 3 months at a time (bet we all have one like this), who whenever he sees a nice car, decides he's going to buy it. What's worse, is when he sees you have a nice car he decides he's going to buy one and that it will be better than yours. So far he's had:

XR8
Xr6t
bmw z4
porsche boxster
clk230
S500 (with this one is was better than mine but he sold it because it was apparently "crap")
Audi S8
Mazda Mx-5

Of course whenever you ask to see any of these cars they never materialise, and they are always in for service, just been sold as someone offered 10K over his purchase price, loaned out to his brother. In actual fact, the only car I have ever seen this guy in is a shitty pulsar.

Another of his moments were when he told everyone he made $110K per year in the police force in 2002, even though constables (which he was) were on $45K. A mate who is a sergeant and on $55-60K laughed so hard that his coffee came out of his nose.

He did actually have at one stage an XF, but that apparently had a police motor in it that was an option from ford if you gave up power steering. We laughed our guts out over that.
For the sake of humanity I think I should install a toilet roll and holder for spare rolls on this guys chin in order to arrest the excrement that spews forth from his word hole.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #93
Boss 290

my mrs dad had a vt2 clubby and he said it had 395 kilowatts at the wheels...it is possible with the amount of work he has done. but then he sold it and got a gts vx i think and he said it has all the same parts in the engine but only made 400 kilowatts...why only 5 more in a car that came out with 40 more kilowatts...correct me if im wrong
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #94
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Granddad’s clapped out 2850 LH Trimatic Torana beat a Brock Director (with Peter Brock in the car) in a straight line drag on a freeway. It happened, but I’ve got to be VERY economical with the truth to make anyone think it was a straight match.

I beat a Porsche 930 3.6 around a turn (my lane of traffic was moving faster than his).

A Sierra Cosworth held me up on the straight (he was in the right hand lane and had his indicator on looking for a side street).

My track car is in the final stages of work and will be finished soon (15 years after I started it)

A guy I know comes out with the line “I don’t know anything about engines. All I know is that a Chev is 351 CID” – which kind of backs up his first sentence.

All front wheel drives are crap on race tracks (I seem to keep a few RWD’s honest).
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #95
070mstg

sorry to continue th OT but
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
"Bob Carr is a good bloke"

Sorry, had to throw that one in.

Fun Fact: Did you know Bob had an elder brother named Neil (Neil and Bob)
kinda reminds me of one of the most ridiculous things i heard 'there will never,ever be a GST,that idea is dead in the water,the voters killed it last election...'
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #96
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well according to this bloke, my brother talks to on MSN, there's a 6 Cylinder Clubsport?????
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #97
RACINGdork
bf xr6t + 351 xe esp weee

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vx/vx_xu6/vx_xu6_main.htm
RACINGdork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #98
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Well according to this bloke, my brother talks to on MSN, there's a 6 Cylinder Clubsport?????
lol owned
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #99
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGdork
Hmmmm ok. lol
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #100
boss-290

I got a mate that a go to TAFE with reckons the XR6 turbo's dont have intercoolers. Argued for ages but wouldn't budge.

Then another mate reckons the GT's are supercharged. I just let him beleive it.
Old 22-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #101
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

I was told my car was crap.
I asked why?
Answer was 'because its a ford'

A mate was convinced V8 supercars were supercharged. Why else would they call them SUPERcars. Idiot
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #102
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was told I was not aloud to do burn out on the Indy track today.... Now that's ridiculous

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #103
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madxh96
A client of mine tried to tell me that his V8 BA falcon one tonner (with flat tray) ran an 11 second 1/4 mile - the only mod he had was an ss induction cai.

I'd only just been to the drags that weekend on a nissan vs. subaru day (we all hired the strip for the day) and the quickest car there was an R32 with launch control running 12.5 sec 1/4.

I couldn't help myself - told him he was outright lying and completely full of ***** but he said that he could produce the strip time print out and all - he wouldn't back down even after being completely called out on it!! what a tool. just made him look even worse......
He may have a chance if his 'one tonner' actually weighed one ton...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #104
xr8svo
Sykmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINGdork

might be a HSV 6 but not a clubsport 6
xr8svo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #105
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by 070mstg
sorry to continue th OT but

kinda reminds me of one of the most ridiculous things i heard 'there will never,ever be a GST,that idea is dead in the water,the voters killed it last election...'
Try living in NSW buddy, before you criticise a NSW based statement.
I suppose, based on your logic, that the election held over a GST was a furphy then - it never happened. At least we had a choice.

Quote: