Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #91
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
My car isn't modded, has been raced or dynoed, is still the factory colour, no body kit, and I have no future plans for it (do for the next car though...)

Does that mean I'm not an enthusiast Casper?? Does that mean I'm not welcome at AFF??

C'mon, give me a break! Good to see some intelligent posters here...

Please

You miss the whole point completely, you drive a Ford I gather, your on these forums for the reason that I dare say its completely different to that of keepleft.
Old 28-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #92
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

But Laminge, how does Casper's statement (as previously quoted) add to the discussion. This is a public forum - although Casper's comment was directed at one particular person in this instance, how can others who read it not take offense in his belief about who belongs here and who doesn't.

Since when has every comment here 'added' to discussion??

I'm can see merit in both views, just didn't agree with the personal sledge...We're all obviously entitled to our views (although some views get advocated more heavily and prevalent than others - sometimes too often, as in this case), just don't think it should get personal.
Old 28-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #93
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

oh cmon is this thread still going!!
too many damn whingers thats why our countrys going to the ИИИИ

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
Old 28-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #94
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Take the context that it was directed to Keepleft and not to others.

Take into context the fact that 99% of Keepleft's posts are about his damn ИИИИИИИИ

Hell, he can even post it a dozen times over the forums, but enough is enough.

I for one would like to know who keepleft actually works for.

Take into context that I added it to the banned list not to cause issues with other members but to highlight the fact the it has saturated these forums to the extent that it WILL stop

If that's by Keepleft's choice so be it, if not it will be mine.
Old 29-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #95
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I will put my case for Keepleft very simply.
I do not believe Keepleft is a enthusiast even though he claims to be.. simply no evidence to prove it.
I do not think he gives 2 hoots about Fords in general (unlike #Russ#Es#).
I do not think he is into any sort of vehicle modification or forum based social events (unlike #Russ#Es# who has clearly stated he has "future plans" for another car).
I do not see ANY post from him other than on road laws and the like.
I do not see ANY post from him on anything to do with Fords specifically that does not include wanting Tri-banana's fitted as mandatory
I do not see him actively contributing to this forum about cars at all
I do not see him useing this forum as a resourse at all, just a mouthpiece to spread the "word of Keepleft"
I do not know who he is as a person, nor do I think any known and active member on this forum has actually met him
I do not know his reasons for using this forum as a mouthpiece nor his goals apart from the ones he has stated
I do not know what industry he works in or if he is using this forum to collate information to use against enthusiasts.
I STILL dont know what car he drives
I do not accept a 3mm suspension drop as a mod (come on, my car dropped more then that on stock spings with a full tank of fuel)

I could go on.

As for Keeplefts inunendos. Yes, I do like women. 1 in particular who is my wife, mother of my 4 children and love of my life. She is also an active an known member on this forum so I can prove I like women... you on the otherhand cannot.

I'm sure that me banning you for abuse would not worry you too much but I can assure you it would worry me even less. I'm not the one who would lose a moutpiece to spread the word of tri-banana's and I can assure you that places like Fordmods, LS1 and CCC would be even less receptive to your rants.

Finally, and most importantly, I ask 1 thing of you Keepleft.
Back off on the tri-banana's and road laws and join in more on the fun and enthusiast side of things. You say you are one so prove it. I will be the first to say that your knowledge of road laws is both exceptional and of value on the forums in the right circumstances. I will even say that, in some conditions (and they are pretty limited from all the examples thrown back and forward) and tri-banana can be a good tool as an "after the fact" device. You need to let up on it a bit though. Act like an enthusiast, not a politician, and you may well get listened to instead of written off out of hand as being a fanatic. This may even get the word triang(l)e unbanned.

Think about it.. you are on an enthusiast forum not a mouthpiece of your own agenda's. You are more than welcome to use it as an enthusiast forum, you are not welcome to use it as a tool to promote your own agenda. Simple.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 29-01-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Closed Thread