Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #91
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, this thread is hilarious

On a serious note...

Whilst I have never associated with car snobs such as the GT owner mentioned by the OP, I've come across plenty of people who just couldn't care less about cars. They are the types that open their car doors onto another car and the thought of damaging someone else's pride and joy doesn't even enter their minds. Same goes for people that find the need to lean against your vehicle with their studded jeans, slam doors, or those that scuff their shoes up against the side of your car when they get in and out of it. These people are scum.

I have no problems with people who aren't necessarily car nuts (my entire family excluding myself and my father fit this category), but those same people should at least respect the fact that you put considerable effort in to maintaining your vehicle. Just because some people think of cars as nothing more than a way to get from "A - B" doesn't mean that we all think the same.
nipper575 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #92
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipper575
Haha, this thread is hilarious

On a serious note...

Whilst I have never associated with car snobs such as the GT owner mentioned by the OP, I've come across plenty of people who just couldn't care less about cars. They are the types that open their car doors onto another car and the thought of damaging someone else's pride and joy doesn't even enter their minds. Same goes for people that find the need to lean against your vehicle with their studded jeans, slam doors, or those that scuff their shoes up against the side of your car when they get in and out of it. These people are scum.

I have no problems with people who aren't necessarily car nuts (my entire family excluding myself and my father fit this category), but those same people should at least respect the fact that you put considerable effort in to maintaining your vehicle. Just because some people think of cars as nothing more than a way to get from "A - B" doesn't mean that we all think the same.
Selective parking is the only way. Either park in between 2 nice cars that look like they are looked after or park where no one parks even if it means you have to walk just a little further, it pays off. And if there is any sign that the car is carrying kids, (baby on board sign, childs seat etc.) not a good spot to park next to when the kids open the doors or the mother/father has to open there door all the way to put the baby in.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #93
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Punch your mate in the face then time how long it takes him to clean that up haha!
Old 16-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #94
JBS
XR6T MKII BA Ute

Tell him to Jam it up his A**, I own a BAMKii XR6T Ute, absolutley spotless and in brand new condition. Cars stay that way because of they way you treat them. Mine is my pride and joy and my favourite toy, I too spend hours cleaning it, polishing it. My better half jokes that I spend more time with my car then her, lol.
JBS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #95
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

firstly this thread is

secondly - I have seen jumbucks in crash test videos and they for that reason are NOT something I want to be in when it gets bent out of shape or anybody I know either. They have almost set a new negative low in ancap crash star ratings if you ask me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ltl5Ij1sg

thirdly - a maloo that has already been slammed from pillar to post by others I will say that if you love it and care for it and make it look good then thats all that counts.

fourthly - maloo owner please don't bag out or look down on guys with "cheaper" cars A guy in a soft top porsche looked down on my XR6T and boy did he regret it when he was left for dust in my rearview. It will happen to you one day when some crazy dude has a old cortina with a twin turbo clevo in it or something ballistic like that and you look down your nose at them they get annoyed and wax you.

NOW to what I wanted to say : Just got a focus XR5T and the attitude of others on the road toward this vehicle disgusts me they cut it off they flip birds at it and the like why because its a "hatchback" or something it is a valuable car not some 20k korean thing so they can't be shunning it based on value of car, it does annoy me that because its a "small car" idiots judge it as being slow/crap/cheap when it isn't but they are too narrow minded to see it. I just think oh well you are revealing your true inadequacies and your true lack of intelligence right there.

and to the op - like I said above if you love it and want it to be squeaky clean then you are FREE in our society to make it so if that is what you choose. Nobody has the right to tell you you should do this or not do that.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #96
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

old mate would prob look down on me for spending a day cleaning my EB and mates bag me coz its a dirty old XR8 but who cares, its what guys do, pay out on stuff. they're there when i need a hand to work on it or my other car too just like i help them after payin out on theirs,
I spend the time doing so relaxed and it is rewarding at the end, people think i'm crazy or obsessive but i'll do what i want its mine and they pay me to do theres so the world goes round
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #97
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

lol the XR8 hasnt been cleaned out since new years, inside has mud all through it, garbage and emtpy beer cans through it haha, the VT gets a wash in the rain lol
Old 17-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #98
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Don't worry about what other people think, they don't do it very often.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post