Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #91
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Mate you respect them and they will respect you, you all have to live in the street. If you are the only one he singled out then look at what you are doing and change it.

Most of these guys are really good when you get to know them and I have even had them involved with my car in a photo shoot and they come along to shows to support me. Its not a bike but they treat it and me as I am part of them and have full respect for me. After all they are bikies and cars dont really interest them that much.

Some good advice Agony, as you say most of these guys are great, intelligent and easy going. Respect them, they respect you and you will never have any drama's.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #92
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofdoof23
good on ya mate, difference is if it was you that punched me, you wouldnt be walking back into your house

why the hell does he have to go round there and get him ****ed and have a calm conversation to resolve the situation?!

Like i said all he got to do is drive faarkin sensibly and mind his own business and let it be!!

hahaha i would not be walking nice comeback considering you have no idea who i am..

no ones saying get ****ed, saying go around with a few beers so he can see your making a effort and have a chat...

dont get all sooky and defensive
Old 14-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #93
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where is the thread starter for updates?

Personally I think there is more to it. Everyone is coming down on the biker for coming and saying something.

I reckon there are plenty more in the street concerned about the driving tactics employed - its just the bikie guy wont have any trouble coming up to you to say it! Whereas your other neighbours probably wont.

With a background in bikes - if this guy says you are taking off too fast, etc, etc - he'd have a good idea on what is too fast. Must be some 'spirited' driving you are doing.

End of the day - dont report it to the cops, dont go round for a beer or nothing - this is one war you dont wanna be in. Just alter your driving style in your street. Easy. If you wanna drive like that - just dont do it in your street. Problem solved?
Old 14-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #94
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Where is the thread starter for updates?

Personally I think there is more to it. Everyone is coming down on the biker for coming and saying something.

I reckon there are plenty more in the street concerned about the driving tactics employed - its just the bikie guy wont have any trouble coming up to you to say it! Whereas your other neighbours probably wont.

With a background in bikes - if this guy says you are taking off too fast, etc, etc - he'd have a good idea on what is too fast. Must be some 'spirited' driving you are doing.

End of the day - dont report it to the cops, dont go round for a beer or nothing - this is one war you dont wanna be in. Just alter your driving style in your street. Easy. If you wanna drive like that - just dont do it in your street. Problem solved?
Didn't he say he had a cop as neighbour? the cop would be the first person to warn him if he was doing such spirited driving. I reckon it's a load of crap. As if a kid would be scared of the exaughst noise. Unless they are reminded of a drive by done by a v8 then i can't see why his kids would ***** about it. He is just peeved his bike note sounds **** next to the boss ahahah

These kind of people go around making their own rules. Where is the thread starter? Maybe he has had an altication? I would still go past with a few beers but i wouldn't choose a different route to work. screw him, why should you inconvinence yourself? Maybe he just doesnt like fords lol
Old 14-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #95
mUTHA
DALLY 41

stand your ground but give him respect and maybe invite him over for a brew or if u see him out watering the gardon mowing the lawn or just outside even fixing his harley walk over say gday apologise and offer him a cold one.

ive had a few beers with members of different outlawed bikie gangs in WA and i can tell you they love only a few things 2 of those being their harleys and a cold beer.

www.perthfalcons.com
Old 14-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #96
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As others have alluded to already, this incident serves as a reminder that we all should keep it in our pants a bit when it comes to driving down residential streets.

I unfortunately live in a residential sidestreet that half of Melbourne has decided they'll use as a shortcut between two major roads. The fast, aggressive way in which drivers fly up and down my street is absolutely driving me nuts. I've had to write to the local council about it to see if anything can be done. The problem's not your typical 'hoon' driver either, just a cross section of everyday drivers who've decided that they don't give a stuff about the local residents, and have no concerns for what would happen if a kid stepped out on the road etc. There seems to be no acknowledgment that its a residential sidestreet......not a 4 lane highway.

Using my example, some of the people who accelerate up the road may not be doing what would consititute warp speed out on the open road, but in a sidestreet, its totally unacceptable IMO. I've seriously felt like smacking somebody at times. Maybe this Harley bloke is feeling the same way about incidences in a similar context? You don't have to be laying 40 foot strips of rubber on the road to be driving arrogantly or dangerously.

Hard to judge these thigns without knowing the full facts and context, but maybe we all need to be a little more circumspect on how we drive in built up areas.

Brent.
Old 14-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #97
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Hmmm....12 hours and nearly 100 posts... a lot of people on here have had their say...

What's the latest Shane3?
Old 14-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #98
Ringo
I see you....

A slab and a sorry sound pretty cheap for piece of mind.

Particularly when compared to getting ANYTHING fixed on the pride and joy. Flat tyre, keys down the side, smashed windows etc

Nutter neighbours are hell....and if you give him the bird and don't respect the request then your going to turn him into a nutter who will ENJOY doing something back.

The neighbour of my girlfriends parents went ape at me for using the end of his drive as part of a three point turn. I gave him a little backchat, which made him worse, so I said sorry and never touched his drive again, it just was not worth the hassle, It was much more important to him than me that was for sure.
Old 14-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #99
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Forget the beer, it's not him that's you're scaring.

Get his kids something as a peace offering.

Demonstrate by the way you drive that you are not out to cause anyone a problem.

PM me his contact details.... there's a moron around the corner who roars up the road at all hours. I'll pay your guy to visit him....

edit: clarity
Get them a scale model of your GT
Old 14-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #100
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Ahahah best call all day.
Old 14-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #101
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
: That is bound to fix all his problems! :
Old 14-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #102
coupdy do

Thats rich a Harley owner saying a car is loud, Tell im to get ****** and record the conversation take it to thge cops when he threatens you then get an avo on the sob and he will have to move- need to initiate the conversation to legally record it without his knowledge and a good chance you will get the **** kicked out of you
p.s don't bother with the cops they are all girls blouses when it comes to Bikies they are only tough when dealing with kids.
Old 14-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #103
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofdoof23
good on ya mate, difference is if it was you that punched me, you wouldnt be walking back into your house
no personal attacks or threats please
Old 14-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #104
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Report it to the Police so if anything happens to the GT they have this on record, besides that drive normally, don't change anything, hopefully it will be a first and last altercation.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #105
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
About 45 min ago I had a visit from a member of the nomads M/C, apparently I take off from my drive way to loudly, and scare his kids, they have moved in about 3 weeks ago, 6 houses down from Broadmeadows to Surrey Hills!
Well do you?

He lives 6 houses down from you - yet he's gone out of his way to come out to your door to scare you - obviously you have annoyed him enough for him to go to all this effort.

He mentioned his kids - sounds like he's trying to be a parent - and it sounds like he's concerned with potentially the speed or the noise of your car
Old 14-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #106
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just go to his club house and arange a meeting with his president or sargent of arms and with out being agro explain to them what happened that you arent in the wrong and see if you can come to agreement you will get some respect by being up front and willing to work things out
Old 14-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #107
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So many people saying 'get an AVO'.

Whats that gonna do? F all!

Does an AVO mean you have a policeman posted on your front door step 24/7? Nope.

Do you reckon he's gonna care about a peice of paper if he's gone over the edge one day? Nope.

Unfortunately plenty of people have had AVO's and ya know what - they still end up dead.

Dont nark on him to the cops OR especially his club.

Unless you plan on being bigger and badder than him - leave it. Adjust your driving style IN YOUR STREET. Thats all.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #108
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Yeh, that would fix it. You would never be seen again.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #109
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupdy do
Tell im to get ****** and record the conversation take it to thge cops when he threatens you then get an avo on the sob and he will have to move- need to initiate the conversation to legally record it without his knowledge
Sounds like a great recipe I once read for how to get your *** handed to you. And on the recordings, you don't need to initiate a conversation, just be part of it.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #110
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok.

This is a dilly of a pickle and although the guy doesn't sound particular nice, the best thing to do is a) monitor how loud you drive past or b) take a different route.

Also, talk to him about the problem in a constructive manner. If he gets shirty, say you want to help him and come to an agreement. If he still acts aggressive, tell him that if he wants to discuss anything constructive, he's welcome to visit you and talk about things.

Keep the options open for him. If you give him alternatives that you believe will suit both you and he, then he can pick what he likes most and feel comfortable with that.

All the police will do is go around there and say, "we've had reports you've threatened a neighbour (gee, wonder who that could be?) and in the name of neighbourly relations, it would be great if you could be nice."

No. Talk to him. Stay in control, but make him feel like he is in command.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #111
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

start carrying a gun
Old 14-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #112
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
start carrying a gun
Another quality post.

Mate, guns are banned in Australia.

Secondly, violence solves nothing.

Thirdly, post something worthwhile please.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #113
mUTHA
DALLY 41

guns are not banned...

but dont carry one...

www.perthfalcons.com
Old 14-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #114
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Mate, guns are banned in Australia.
Last time I checked they were not banned. :

If it was me, I'd just take it easy while driving in your street. Keep the Peace!
Old 14-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #115
MattyJ

Dead beat bikers... One of the blokes i work with copped a floggin in the car park after work one night by a bunch of bikers...

Note: he stole one of the leaders motorbikes from the honda dealer while it was being serviced - probably a little more serious than driving past in your GT.

Last edited by MattyJ; 14-02-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Old 14-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #116
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
Dead beat bikers... One of the blokes i work with copped a floggin in the car park after work one night by a bunch of bikers...

Note: he stole one of the leaders motorbikes from the honda dealer while it was being serviced - probably a little more serious than driving past in your GT.
lol he deserved it
:evil3:
Old 14-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #117
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drop a big burn out infront of his house! just kidding..hehehe
Old 14-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #118
xr8-200

I think it would be a good idea to drive quietly down your street whether your neighbours have complained about the noise or not because there is bound to be someone who dosent like it that lives near by.
Old 14-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #119
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think just take it easy, and don't inflame the situation.

It makes me laugh though all the people saying go on with it.

I wonder how many would be staunch enough to go on with it

out: out: :hihi: :hihi:
Old 14-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #120
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ

I never even knew they rode Honda's..
How embarrassing getting bashed by honda riding bikies :P
Closed Thread