Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #91
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the persons who was in the car turned themselves in that afternoon after the incident
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...1862_news.html

There is a lot of hooning in that street starts of commercial and then turns into residential the wow sight and sound is on the border of commecial and residential very nice houses there.
Always see a few there in pos cars coming out of WOW all excited with their new 10inch sub woofers.

The bloke who was run over was hit on the road there was a blood on the road .

There was a lot of disgust disbelief and anger up here when people read the paper
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #92
challiwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by amisupposed2b
I am really sorry to hear about your mate, as most people are. I hope he turns out well and I also hope that someone gets those hoons and gives them what they truly deserve.

vandrsxr6 : I sort of found your comment abit a generalisation, me being 18 myself, Do not accept this sorts of behaviour, I am not saying I have never gone out to do circle work myself or something, but when I do, Its well away from people, houses, other cars etc.

And as far as doing what they are told, We need to remember that these are even though legally they are adults, mentally they are still kids. In my opinion atleast 60% of the blame has to go towards who brought them up.

I end with :

Im still scared Sh*tless of my Father. Anytime I think Im about to commit a 'Sin' I just think about the way he will beat my *** all over the place.
Im 17 and hell i would turn a mate in if he did something that stupid.... Just cause some young people are stupid it makes us all look bad.

I agree with you fully if my father found out i did something like this he would beat the cr*p out of me and then take me in, its just how you are brought up, cause i have cousins who are *upperclass* and they drive like morons and think they are better then everyone and can get away with anything they wont.

My 2c

Cain
challiwell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #93
red_hotxr6
Banned

Geez very sad, hope he comes out ok...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #94
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it would be vehicular manslaught or murder 2 i think.. hope they give it to him, as the news article says they found who did it
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #95
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i hope they crush that commo.. the who did it deserves it
It may be harsh but they should crush the person driving IMO
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #96
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Attempted manslaughter...IMO, crush their cars, tear up their licenses and if they are caught driving, make them walk home naked.

What can you do? The courts are weak and the police have lost their power due to greenie losers who complain when they get belted over the head, despite the fact they are doing the wrong thing and trespassing...

I might move to Cuba...

Okay, 3 points.

1. Only one guy was driving the car.

2. How does the actions of Tree Huggers compere to this?

3. I reckon if we pass the hat, and you promise not to get Internet Access in Cuba, AFF Members will pay your way!

Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #97
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

hope you mate is ok , acts of stupidity like this never cease to amase me.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #98
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update on the victim. Will be taken out of a coma Monday. Worst case. A vegetable for the rest of his life. Hope, pray, cross your fingers. Don't care what works for you, but it seems he needs all the help we send his way right now.

........ my blood is boiling right now. I want revenue for what they have done to my mate.....
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #99
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Okay, 3 points.

1. Only one guy was driving the car.

2. How does the actions of Tree Huggers compere to this?

3. I reckon if we pass the hat, and you promise not to get Internet Access in Cuba, AFF Members will pay your way!

Mike
Always up for a good cause, I'll throw in $50
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #100
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
it would be vehicular manslaught or murder 2 i think.. hope they give it to him, as the news article says they found who did it
The victim would have to die first, and thankfully he isnt dead.

Its not America, and you dont have the right to an attorney when questioned, one wont be appointed if you cant afford one and you dont have the right to a phone call, this is Australia.

We dont have murder 1 or 2, we have murder. I dont believe any jurisdiction in Aus as yet has vehicular homicide or manslaughter.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #101
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Update on the victim. Will be taken out of a coma Monday. Worst case. A vegetable for the rest of his life. Hope, pray, cross your fingers. Don't care what works for you, but it seems he needs all the help we send his way right now.

........ my blood is boiling right now. I want revenue for what they have done to my mate.....
Your mate is in my thoughts J.C. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone concerned. Sad, sad thing that has happened.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #102
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

im not very religious mate but we should all prey for him. i know, i know its sounds stupid but what else can we do.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #103
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats disgusting. Hope he makes a full recovery and that they catch the little ba5tards
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #104
lostdude

Hope your mate gets better soon.

I hope these stupid idiots gets caught and gets to be some ones biach in prison for a while.

what is society coming too...... :
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #105
lostdude

Quote:
on a lighter note.

Why do you want to make a profit JC?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #106
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
on a lighter note.

Why do you want to make a profit JC?

Sorry, 12hr nightshifts do that to you. Sure you know what I'm getting at.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #107
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

thats not good mann :( ... if i was you, i'd probably be in jail for hunting these funts down and sorting them out! ...

i cant believe that there is pple out there that could do this kinda thing to a human being ... but at the same time lets you know that not too approach these idiots on your own!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #108
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That bloody sucks mate I know first hand what its like.

I actually had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. long story short.. I was crossing a road after a big night out I had right of way there was an impatient driver I had a my boozy loudmouth (nothing serious) he didnt like it turned round lined me up and ran me down!! Lucky I was full of booze and went very limp and got bugger all injuries. The guy was found but reported his car stolen. yeah right!! But I also found out about his "history" and didnt end up getting him charged as he had lots of money but was on the doll if ya get my drift. The cops agreed with me too as he was willing to do it once for bugger all what would he do if he was up for more jail time!!

Like I said mine is a different story not just some head kids and I wasnt too badly hurt. so I hope they get all thats coming to em. Also hope your mate makes a full speedy recovery.

Oh yeah one thing that did suck was that the docs cut off my fav shirt and jeans and the cops kept everything of mine for ages
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #109
Silversurfer

may i nominate myself to give these b*sTa*d a mighty wiping .Chin up for your friends recovery,hate hearing this stuff but it has to be stopped,some young kids need to frozen for ever.
Silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #110
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update.
It is going to be a longer road to recovery. Not recognising his wife .... will sit and chat to her and comments that she should meet his wife as she is a lovely lady.
Requires someone there constantly (especially at night) .... tears tubes etc out.

What more can I say that hasn't already been said in previous posts. Thanks to all for comments and support. Cheers.
Old 18-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #111
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man that must be devastating for her! i cant believe how someone can do this to another human being... just unbelievable.....

Hope things start to get better for him soon.
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #112
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

My heart goes to them my friend...
Old 19-05-2008, 04:55 AM   #113
azaxr8

Hey, I agree with the discipline act. If its something like stealing then sure bring out the wooden spoon.

I was hit as a kid for doing things like that and seriously it never hurt. I would laugh when they were doing it. But my dad just talking in a deep voice and pointing his finger at me out the back yard scared the living outta me. He would never hit me but i was scared of him all thru childhood. It's not untill later in life that i really grew a strong bond with my oldman and i appreciate it every way possible. It's threating that really got me scared. I remember i was grounded for throwing a biscuit over the fence. and i lied to dad and he banned me from going out. Never again did i do that and i was to scared to even throu a rock over the fence. IT WAS JUST A BISCUIT HAHA.

I was punished for that for lying. He always gave me the choice to own up and i always lied.

Nowadays i can't lie for and hate it. And boy do i feel guilty when i lie and i end up telling the truth if i do.

How people can go out and intentionally harm such a inocent foe is beyond me. As far as im concerned if these kids can do this at such an early age. them put them behind bars for 10 years for all i care. they deserve it, As far as im concerned thats attempted murder causing greviously bodily harm which is surely 10 years. But as as this system is i doubt they will get 2 minutes in the shoe.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 04:58 AM   #114
azaxr8

Quote:
Update.
It is going to be a longer road to recovery. Not recognising his wife .... will sit and chat to her and comments that she should meet his wife as she is a lovely lady.
Requires someone there constantly (especially at night) .... tears tubes etc out.

What more can I say that hasn't already been said in previous posts. Thanks to all for comments and support. Cheers.

Mate, im very disapointed to her this. I feel sorry for everyone affected by immature little p$icks. Reading this made me die inside for a while.

ALL THE BEST MATE!!!! i pass my condolences onto his wife and kids. and family.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 05:58 AM   #115
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Update.

Just read the thread from start to finish.

So sorry for your mate and his family. Hopefully his memory will come back to him swiftly and may his life return to normal asap.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #116
james22
With da Warlords

I'm gobsmacked. There are no words to express my frustration and disappointment in the human race. Condolences to his family, hope he recovers fully asap

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #117
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So is there any chance of finding who did it to him?(i dont believe i saw anything relating to that)
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #118
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

read back a page or two, they caught the person.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #119
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First of all, I'm glad your mate is at least alive, and hopefully he'll regain his brain functions in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR

The worlds gotten soft and idiots like this take advantage of it, especially ethnic gangs who get away with anything because white man is afraid of being called a racist, it's stupid.
This is utterly one of the most narrow minded, stupid comments I've seen here. How can you say these "ethnic" gangs are worse than the drunken gangs of bogans which roam around some areas beating up on Africans, Jews and anyone else just because of their skin colour or religion?
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #120
SeXey El Xr6

sorry to here that mate hope he gets well soon

There bloody unbelievable mate im 21 and i never remember doing such a stupid thing atleast the decensy to take it elswere mate they do deserve a beating thats for sure
SeXey El Xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post