Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #91
Boss 290

i dont know why this looks so corney and people are trying to protect them selves against what people think about them. i don't give a rats *** if someone gets offended with what i say because im being honest and im not deliberetly trying to offend people so if they can get offended over little things like "wait till you see it in the flesh" " them holden words"? well mate stop reading these forums if your gunna be touchy feely about remarks like those...i dont like holden they may have some nice cars and they probably doin better due to all their commercials but the main thing i hate about them is the fanboys who think their car is always better...slickholden is not like that he adds good information and an interesting side to the story..im glad we have him here and id much rather have more people who are funny even if they are holden fans over some people who are depressing and whinge just because they are ford fans...i dont judge people on what car they have but on what integrety they have and sugesting he should be banned shows a real lack of integrity.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #92
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Thank you. It's always nice when someone say you contribute to a forum rather then wreck it. I try to contribute with the other side point of view or conversation from a different angle, You really don't see many of the other sides have to much to say about 1 another that can be seen as contributing.
There is a guy that came onto another forum I'm on which i have been on for years, He is a holden guy this is a mixed forum of Aussie's. He's first words were i hate everything ford. When one of the other guys asked him if it's a great car but has a ford badge would you think it's **** because of the badge??? He answers yes. Now I'm not going to deffend him and i haven't spoken to him and he got it stuck up him with good reason too.

Internet is hard to express feelings into your words.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #93
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Thank you. It's always nice when someone say you contribute to a forum rather then wreck it. I try to contribute with the other side point of view or conversation from a different angle, You really don't see many of the other sides have to much to say about 1 another that can be seen as contributing.
There is a guy that came onto another forum I'm on which i have been on for years, He is a holden guy this is a mixed forum of Aussie's. He's first words were i hate everything ford. When one of the other guys asked him if it's a great car but has a ford badge would you think it's **** because of the badge??? He answers yes. Now I'm not going to deffend him and i haven't spoken to him and he got it stuck up him with good reason too.

Internet is hard to express feelings into your words.
i dont understand...are you saying you would defend the guy who said he will hate the car even if it is a great car because its a ford? or are you saying you would defend the people who have a go at the guy who hates the ford?..
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #94
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
i dont understand...are you saying you would defend the guy who said he will hate the car even if it is a great car because its a ford? or are you saying you would defend the people who have a go at the guy who hates the ford?..
From what I understand, SlickHolden, although he does prefer a fine Holden, wouldn't let the preference for Holden blind him to trolls and ignorant people like the person he encountered who simply dislike a car because of the badge that it wears, rather than the features e.g. mechanical and cosmetic, that distinguish the car apart from its competitors.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #95
MX837M-GE
Starter Motor

I have not read through this entire thread, but last weekend I had the pleasure of driving a virginal (registered the day before) BF2 XR6 ZF 6-speed. The only other Falcon I've driven is a BF XR6 Turbo, and I loved it. The 'normal' XR6 was also brilliant to drive, with a lovely drivetrain. It handles very very nicely, and is very user-friendly. We put about 450km on it through the hills towards heallesville and out to eildon.

However, we went to a dealer and looked at the new VE, and its clear that the Ford is absolutely thrashed in terms of showroom appeal. It looks... old. No doubt its drivetrain is competitive, probably superior even, but on the showroom floor, that may count for little with the launch of VE.

I hope Ford allocate $$$ towards the next Falcon's build quality and interior.
MX837M-GE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #96
XR8putts

BF2?

Did you steal it from Ford? As far as I know they cant even be registered yet..
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #97
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

dont worry slick, i am tarred with the holden fanboy brush many times - its going to happen in a ford forum
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #98
Teggy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
BF2?

They can be ;)
Teggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #99
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
BF2?

There's a few registered on the road.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #100
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
As RIDE said, I thought you can't just hate a car for being a different brand then you like it's the weakest reason for disliking something. He had no real reason to hate it it's shallow. This guy maybe was hugged to much and needed his **** kicked or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride
From what I understand, SlickHolden, although he does prefer a fine Holden, wouldn't let the preference for Holden blind him to trolls and ignorant people like the person he encountered who simply dislike a car because of the badge that it wears, rather than the features e.g. mechanical and cosmetic, that distinguish the car apart from its competitors.
Yes you read my mind. It's the worst reason to dislike a car for the little badge. If he had a list of things he didn't like then maybe he wouldn't have been such a tool. But it was just the badge and that's wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
dont worry slick, i am tarred with the holden fanboy brush many times - its going to happen in a ford forum
True it happens but I'm feeling a little more comfortable as everyone i think understands me better now. It's hard to be accepted everywhere but i feel more accepted here. Just be honest and yourself and it will come. Or post like a mad man like me.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #101
MX837M-GE
Starter Motor

Quote:
BF2?

Did'nt steal it from Ford... but it was a Ford Oz car

You should have seen the Holden salesmen when we went to look at the VE, and rocked up in a BF2. To their credit, they were very curious, and asked lots of good questions about it. They had amazing product knowledge actually (about BF2 and VE). We were quite impressed.
MX837M-GE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 AM   #102
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
There's a few registered on the road.
Yup, Saw a Maroon BFII Ghia On the ring road heading away from Campbellfield early this week.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post