Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #91
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Indian Microsoft phone scam

I had a woman from "windows" call me recently. I started telling her what I would like to do with her ( can't put that part on here) she promptly hung up

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #92
Falcman0o7
Banned

I have them on my phone. I recorded everything they said, made out i was a dumb **** and then made out i was some wiz and was tracking thier IP address. Then beep beep beep
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #93
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
dirty mongrels, and that one with the solicitor is just plain evil, i like the bit where it says "you and i will be protected",
you could just see it when the policia roll up to his place, "it was those shifty Australians" .
Yeah, hilarious.I was amazed to see that even if it was real, it was asking for us to be dishonest! Mhwaahahahahahah, priceless!!!!

I had to do a personal letter story with it, soo much fun that was! In the end, the twist was that I managed to get the shifty retired australian characters to end up with all the money.

I can't wait to see my next one!
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #94
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

They just rang me. Told them to cut the bullcrap, I haven't used my PC for at least six months.
They hung up on me for some reason.
Dazza XLT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #95
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sigh. Had another call from these Muppets again today. Working on a public holiday too!
Basically, just hung up on them.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #96
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The last guy that rang with that scam got the wife, and she passed him on to me...when he asked what operating system I ran, I said yes we used Windows...our home PC is an IBM 386 with 16meg of ram and a 2gb hard drive running Windows 3.11...

That had him scratching his head...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #97
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

We used to get these all the time for some reason at our old place.
Them: "Hello, is this ms 'x', I am blah blah from ****ersoft and you have a problem with your computer". The replies we have given are as follows (and none are absolute lies):

- "Sorry, I own a microbee, we can't get the internet, we're stuck in 1983."
- "Oh, you mean the internet in the same name as the phone bill?" "yes." "That doesn't exist."
- "Sorry, we run linux, mac and a microwave here, none require your assistance."
- "Wait, let me get my housemate, he knows more about this than me." Luke gets on the other line, starts talking kernels, bit rates, Linux waffle. I let him go for 15 minutes before I tell him they hung up as soon as he said something about something intelligent.
- "You're right. I do have a problem with my laptop. I was doing my assignment last night and it was playing up, and in my frustration I slammed it on my desk and ****** my harddrive. Don't have a spare one you could ship me? Preferably 1TB i size?"

For some reason, they never want to help :(
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #98
Zorba

we got one of these last night. told my wife that we have a "dangerous virus"

my wife told them that i am an IT engineer and they said "ok, happy new year" and hung up.

happened to a mate of mine not long ago. he asked the guy (after 20 minutes of playing with him but not touching the computer) to speak to his "network guy" and put him on the phone to his 3 yo son.

was a crack up
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #99
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I notice a common thread here...and something which has happened to me toohere at home when I've answered the phone to these idiots. They always seem to ask for "Mrs" so-and-so...they never seem to ask for the man of the house or "can I speak to Mr X...
Bit of a sexist thing probably hoping they get a "gullible female" who "doesn't understand technical stuff". We got it once or twice with mechanics many many years ago when the wife would take in ourcar for a service, and when they asked "So do you know much about cars?", she would say confidantly "Oh yes...my husband does up old cars and I help him all the time...I rebuilt an engine six months ago and it was great fun!"..and hope they didn't ask any further...

Now when the "windows people" ask for her, she just takes the phone and hangs up.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #100
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Unfortunately my old man had some issues with his laptop and called a number, not sure what it was (He lives interstate) so i called him and he went through what was going on. They remote accessed his computer aswell. He is still only learning his way around a computer.
He was on the phone to me as it was going on, i asked him to close off the session and take computer to be looked at (Hard to give directions over the phone to him)
Hopefully no damage is done, this only just happened and he is taking it to shop now for them to look at.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #101
Benjamin Smith

I love when they ring up had one crying the other day after calling me the bright future of Australia! So I took the **** out of India and her job and lifestyle and in no time she was crying down the phone
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #102
Pis-ton broke
Banned

DJM83, I,m no computer guy , but i would think to look out for trojan virus,s and key loggers from these indian scam maggots.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #103
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

I get calls all the time from other countries telling me how they have discovered an error with my windows based PC.. they hang up rather quickly though when I mention a.. thi snimber is private and its a federal offence for you to be calling it. (no idea if thats true btw) and B.. I only run APPLE based computers.
the old man got one of these calls from overseas.. he said he couldnt talk right now.. all his details are in the office.. and asked them to call him back..
he gave them the local police stations number.

Last edited by H.G; 27-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #104
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke
DJM83, I,m no computer guy , but i would think to look out for trojan virus,s and key loggers from these indian scam maggots.
All good he got out unscathed, trying to give computer advice over the phone to the old man was hard. But it worked.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #105
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

My mates have a challenge to see how long we can keep the buggers from windows technical support team on the phone. Tonight I achieved a little over one hour before the guy from support told me to F*^& Off (what a rude bugger).

Tonight's conversation went something like, pretend to follow their instructions, act like a total illiterate PC user, continually thank them for their help, tell them you're confused, that the PC's crashed and is re-booting (this happened over 10 times), ask them if they've every killed their girlfriend or if they every think about it, give them a partial false credit card number but just then the machine crashes and re-boots (again), leave them on hold whilst you go for a dump...

My wife once told them she'd followed their instructions and her computer was now on fire but it was OK since she'd poured water into it - they hung-up - go figure ?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #106
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I record my discussions with them for laughs!!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #107
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got one of these calls a few weeks back. So I played along for a little then when I had enough, I let loose with a spray full of every expletive I could get out. Insulting him and his mother for good measure. I hung up.

I thought that was it. Then no less than 30 seconds later. The phone rang again. Seems my new friend hit redial and conferenced me in to a call with his mate without realizing. In his language he was asking his friend what was it that I said. His friend replied mostly in English so I was able to understand their conversation. Mid way through I interrupted and gave them another spray. Then hung up again. Again he called back but I cancelled the call. Happened another couple times before I decided to unplug the phone because the fun was over.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post