Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #91
AUIII

Default Re: Apparently Australians are too skinny

Tried one on Friday it had no cheese and there was a hair in it
Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #92
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Had 3 in a row the other day, so much win. All zingers, all awesome. The guy serving me was amazed!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #93
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Thumbs up Re: Apparently Australians are too skinny

Ordered a zinger one. It was beautiful! I really hope they don't take it off the menu!

Last edited by XR6Runner; 13-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 14-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #94
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you braved and conquered "The Double" you may like to turn your eating attention to "The Meat Monster".

An oozing pile of beef, chicken, bacon and cheese that packs, according to US consumer site consumerist.com, 4872 kilojoules and 24 grams of saturated fat (69 grams in total), The Meat Monster is the latest heart-stopper to join the Burger King stable.

The bad news is that dedicated burger lovers will need to go to Japan to eat it they won't get much change from $10, reports London's Daily Mail.
Old 14-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #95
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Had a "the Double" burger the other day. Thought it was terrible. Would not buy again.
Old 14-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #96
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
So is milk, if you listen to some "experts". (Not insinuating you're one). It seems every week, you read one thing is good for you and the next the same thing is bad.

As for being my problem when I'm fat. Mate, I'd gladly have that problem. I'm 6 foot tall and lucky to weight 90 Kg's ringing wet. So I guess i'd better tuck into this fatty KFC food more often. Might put some weight on
According to basic bmi calculations: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi_scri...ubmit_m=Submit

you would be in the overweight category. Its a general guide and there of course could be exceptions, ie body builders and the only really accurate way is to assess % body fat by skin folds etc, though if you are over the recommended range(quite generous) then you really should give it some examination

Last edited by sudszy; 14-04-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 14-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #97
sudszy
Banned

I think the experts have it wrong here. The tendency of the society to be overweight is more a product of today's living styles, drive everywhere, no exercise etc and of course food that is plentiful and cheap enough for anyone to get themselves fat on. 60+ years ago, people just about walked everywhere and many families struggled just to put enough basic food, bread potatoes on the table to keep every one from being hungry.

There is nothing intrinsically unhealthy about the offerings of fast food, there's no poison in there, carcinogenic ingredients, its all food that one could live healthily on, sure you wouldnt need much of it because its calorie value is high, but I look at that as value for money. If our diggers could have had that sort of food while they were stuck in the trenches the turks would have been annihilated!

The average fat person who gets that way either gets their fat fix(yes the body craves fat, that's why we like these foods) by getting some fish and grease, maccas or from the cakeshop, or buys some meet at the supermarket, take away pizzas from the supermarket, couple of packets of tim tams, whatever. Of if the offerings are lower fat, all they do is have to eat mountains of that stuff so that they get their fat fix that way.

Taxing takeaway isnt going to make one iota of difference to the problem, but just a simple fat person tax, that would work.

Last edited by sudszy; 14-04-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 14-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #98
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still haven't eaten one of these burgers. I think it will be my Friday night greaser up before the golden ale starts to flow hehe
Old 14-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #99
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Had both now (Original and Zinger)

Like the Zinger one a hell of alot better than Original.
Old 14-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #100
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had the zinger doubles twice now - they're not bad although a bit small for my liking.

If you think these are bad, have a look at Man vs Food - there proportions are insane!
Closed Thread