Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #91
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Miss T did a 10

Yeah Simon seen the video, it never got a chance for a second hit at the track as you pulled it apart for a small resto lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #92
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brad now that we have pulled your thread from left to right what's the plans?

I know that you are considering the muffler change? Are you still considering a fuel pump upgrade?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #93
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT302 View Post
Simon
It's a forum people post and express opinions if it differs to yours so be it, there's enough **** licking on this forum, debate and difference of opinion is healthy.
Interesting out look mate.

nugget378, greencapri408 and brad24 all have street cars capable of running in the 10's. They have shared all the information about the builds through this forum, and are a great asset to this forum. I don't see any **** licking here.

You believe you can question and criticise the performance of other people’s cars under the guise of "debate and difference of opinion". And all the time quoting the performance of cars that belong to other people, not your own?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #94
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post

nugget378, greencapri408 and brad24 all have street cars capable of running in the 10's. They have shared all the information about the builds through this forum, and are a great asset to this forum. I don't see any **** licking here.

You believe you can question and criticise the performance of other people’s cars under the guise of "debate and difference of opinion". And all the time quoting the performance of cars that belong to other people, not your own?

Workhorse dont read one post and make a conclusion. I have congratulated Brad an Greencapri in other threads, as for Nugget it is a long on going difference of opinion over many forums.

I have questioned one thing with greencapri saying I have never seen over 30 in the back end in NA street car,important here is I am stating something in relation to ME!

**** licking was referring to forum in general, if your not blowing hot air someone **** your a trouble maker, forums are the modern pub or BBQ , I agree things can be taken out of context in the typed word so makes it harder, many guys on this forum I have been in contact via pm then they read a post and get all upset, then thru pm or forum we have worked out issue.

As for raising other people's cars READ the thread( hmm dont let the truth get in the way of a gang up) you and Nugget suffer same issue? I never raised crap, once SOMEONE else did I discussed it as ASKED of me, I ACTUALLY say ask in the appropriate thread and stop taking this off topic, BUT don't let the truth get in the way of you having a go at me! Above **** licking statement ringing true here with you now?

Once again READ a few of my post, start with this thread once you have, I doubt I will see a retraction or an apology for the errors in your post I pointed this same fact out to Nugget who raised the same thing! Now silence...

Last edited by XT302; 06-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.
XT302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #95
prasac
Banned

it's not that it's impossible or questioning it, i didn't say it to degrade or belittle anyone, it was more of an observation.

you just don't see many, if any 10-sec NA cars running 30mph+ unless they haven't had a decent front half.

i remember one night when we took BLK302 out it backhalved, 322mph and ran 422mph full track. we sorta questioned that one though

Last edited by prasac; 06-12-2012 at 10:10 AM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #96
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol on the 422

If you watch greencapri video you see he has a shocking half track with wheel spin/ throttle control
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #97
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Workhorse dont read one post and make a conclusion. I have congratulated Brad an Greencapri in other threads, as for Nugget it is a long on going difference of opinion over many forums.

I have questioned one thing with greencapri saying I have never seen over 30 in the back end in NA street car,important here is I am stating something in relation to ME!

**** licking was referring to forum in general, if your not blowing hot air someone **** your a trouble maker, forums are the modern pub or BBQ , I agree things can be taken out of context in the typed word so makes it harder, many guys on this forum I have been in contact via pm then they read a post and get all upset, then thru pm or forum we have worked out issue.

As for raising other people's cars READ the thread( hmm dont let the truth get in the way of a gang up) you and Nugget suffer same issue? I never raised crap, once SOMEONE else did I discussed it as ASKED of me, I ACTUALLY say ask in the appropriate thread and stop taking this off topic, BUT don't let the truth get in the way of you having a go at me! Above **** licking statement ringing true here with you now?

Once again READ a few of my post, start with this thread once you have, I doubt I will see a retraction or an apology for the errors in your post I pointed this same fact out to Nugget who raised the same thing! Now silence...
You missed my point XT302.

I'm not talking about this thread in particular. I understand how things written on forums can be taken out of context.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

You need to be careful that bring up the performance of your mates cars, not your own, you are not seen as trying to ride on the coat tails of someone else’s success.

Quote:
I know the Rhino has done 1.602 60' 103.47 halftrack 10.642@129.44

The XT has run 1.749 60' 10.91@127.92 on the 205 maxxis and 1.499 60' 10.54@127.98 on the drag radial.
These guys have fast cars but unless you, built the engines, tune them and set up the suspension, the achievement is theirs not yours.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

I used to crew for a mates 7 second Pro Mod car. If I started comparing the performance of my mates Pro Mod car to others I worry how it would reflect on me. I'm happy to crow about my 12 second work van
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #98
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if that was your point why not say it in first place? BUT AGAIN I NEVER brought these cars up so I'm on no ones coat tails....

As for 12s that's exactly what I am building mine to run and will wear that badge proud and loud.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #99
Windsor

Gents here is my view on this thread. Brad has run a 10 in Miss T but is asking questions as he is not entirely pleased with it's performance. People are telling him he needs more stall in his convertor and a bigger fuel pump without giving him a reason to spend the money. XT302 points Brad towards two street cars that are running quick times without all the gear everyone else is telling him he needs and he is causing trouble? The only technical advice in this thread with proof is being offered by XT302! Workhorse you seem to have been around racing for quite some time but can offer Brad no technical advice? My advice to Brad is to get in contact with people that are actually doing what he hopes to achieve and pick their brain.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #100
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

steve maybe you could shed light on what your actually doing
the rest of us are out there in plain view wheres your car?
and if you actually cared to read his convertor shop actually recogmended a 5k converter for his street car
also cars need around 15 to 20% more fuel on launch in 1st gear than the did on a dyno some need more
greencapri408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #101
Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencapri408 View Post
steve maybe you could shed light on what your actually doing
the rest of us are out there in plain view wheres your car?
and if you actually cared to read his convertor shop actually recogmended a 5k converter for his street car
also cars need around 15 to 20% more fuel on launch in 1st gear than the did on a dyno some need more
I am providing technical data and examples as to why he doesn't need to spend more money. Both cars I posted use Holley HP 125 fuel pumps, so Brad's Mallory 140 should be more than ample. I don't race anymore preferring to help my kids and mates with their cars, but what does this have to do with helping Brad out? If you read Brad's explanation on convertor choice he explains the reason behind the 4200rpm stall which is more than enough for a car with his torque. Are you saying Brad is out of fuel in 1st gear and a bigger pump will solve this? Are you recommending a 5k convertor for a car that mainly sees street use?

Cheers,
Steve.B
Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #102
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

a good 5k converter when done right will drive around fine in a street car
we have a tf Cortina with a clevo and 5500 converor and its fine
obviously you don't understand much about convertors
just because brad has a 140 pump doesn't mean its doing the job
I hd a bg220 in my xy that was useless
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #103
66 coupe
around the place

Brads converter is showing a 5% slip, based on the data in this thread.
I wouldnt be worried about the converter, and if there is infact an issue with the converter there will be no problem getting it sorted out. Doubt it though.

The car is 60ft'ing very well, if anything the car is pulling back a little bit 1/2 track onwards. Might be some improvment playing with settings on the rancho's but thats not really going to affect mph - only the 60ft.

I will catch up with Brad one day and go over a few things, ie install a wideband so we can log AFR's, check fuel filter, disable or increase the rev limiter on the CDI (just incase its braking down early), another set of plugs etc etc.

Russ maybe can recheck tappet clearances if he thinks necessary and then once back on the track maybe one of us can sit in for a few passes to keep an eye on fuel pressure gauge etc as its too hard for Brad to look at while hes driving down the 1/4.

Keep in mind Brad has built the car and it has gone straight to the track, we have not messed around with any of the parameters of the car, so there will be room for improvement.
However < 1.60 60ft and 10.9x pretty much straight out of his garage is nothing to complain about, more so due to the fact that this is his street car and not a track car.
Yes everyone wants big HP numbers and to run 9's but you need to stop and look at the practical side of things at some stage.

At the end of the day Brad is still smiling as hes achieved what he set out to acheive in the beginning and that was 500 odd hp and 11 sec passes. Hes in the 10's and there may be a bit more in it, so whatever more he gains without opening the motor will make his smile bigger again

Also this is something i've had bookmarked for some time - maybe it might be of interest to some of you http://www.hardtail.com/techtips/analizingtimeslip.html
66 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #104
Windsor

Quote:
a good 5k converter when done right will drive around fine in a street car
we have a tf Cortina with a clevo and 5500 converor and its fine
obviously you don't understand much about convertors
just because brad has a 140 pump doesn't mean its doing the job
I hd a bg220 in my xy that was useless
I have had no experience with the Mallory 140 but what I am trying to say is that the Holley HP125 is feeding cars fine that are showing more track hp than Brad's. If the pump is faulty or the rating is bogus change it. How far are the trips in this TF cortina? Do you take it for a couple of hour drives like Brad has told his convertor guy he wishes to? In my experience 5k+ stall convertors are for very limited use street cars, not one's that are actually driven for a few hours at a time.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #105
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my 4800 iv driven it hundreds of kms its now 5k and ill be driving it everywhere when its finished
the Cortina is my fathers he used to drive it to work (320kms) round trip a day, all the time
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #106
Windsor

Quote:
my 4800 iv driven it hundreds of kms its now 5k and ill be driving it everywhere when its finished
the Cortina is my fathers he used to drive it to work (320kms) round trip a day, all the time
Why do you feel the need for such high stalls in street cars? If the combination is right it will not require anywhere near that, especially with the cubic inches in your XR. If it is more of a strip than a street car, totally understandable. 320kms in traffic to work every day with a 5500 stall?

Cheers,
Steve.B
Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #107
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate I listen to my convertor guys. I build engines they build convertors, I pay for there experience . iv never had an issue with convertors overheating the trans on the street with a good cooler
I never said 320kms in traffic, 40 kms of the trip would be in traffic
the rest is sitting on 110 on the freeway
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #108
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roughly 85000km a yr , beats the taxable average of 15000 a year lol
Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #109
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his lives in a country town and worked in melb for 15yrs
the fuel costs were crazy but he loved it
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #110
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 coupe View Post
Brads converter is showing a 5% slip, based on the data in this thread.
I wouldnt be worried about the converter, and if there is infact an issue with the converter there will be no problem getting it sorted out. Doubt it though.

The car is 60ft'ing very well, if anything the car is pulling back a little bit 1/2 track onwards. Might be some improvment playing with settings on the rancho's but thats not really going to affect mph - only the 60ft.

I will catch up with Brad one day and go over a few things, ie install a wideband so we can log AFR's, check fuel filter, disable or increase the rev limiter on the CDI (just incase its braking down early), another set of plugs etc etc.

Russ maybe can recheck tappet clearances if he thinks necessary and then once back on the track maybe one of us can sit in for a few passes to keep an eye on fuel pressure gauge etc as its too hard for Brad to look at while hes driving down the 1/4.

Keep in mind Brad has built the car and it has gone straight to the track, we have not messed around with any of the parameters of the car, so there will be room for improvement.
However < 1.60 60ft and 10.9x pretty much straight out of his garage is nothing to complain about, more so due to the fact that this is his street car and not a track car.
Yes everyone wants big HP numbers and to run 9's but you need to stop and look at the practical side of things at some stage.

At the end of the day Brad is still smiling as hes achieved what he set out to acheive in the beginning and that was 500 odd hp and 11 sec passes. Hes in the 10's and there may be a bit more in it, so whatever more he gains without opening the motor will make his smile bigger again

Also this is something i've had bookmarked for some time - maybe it might be of interest to some of you http://www.hardtail.com/techtips/analizingtimeslip.html
a converter can be too tight and stop the engine jumping up to peak tq
I had this yrs ago with a clevo when a convertor shop sent me the wrong convertor. i got a guys 3500 for his 302Windsor and he got my 4500 for my 383 clevo.my engine was a slug wouldn't get up on the start line it was like driving with the brakes dragging
And hell yeah brads happy running a 10
Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #111
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Seriously a 5k convertor for the street,what gear ratio ,4.8?????????
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #112
brad24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i had this yrs ago with a clevo when a convertor shop sent me the wrong convertor. I got a guys 3500 for his 302windsor and he got my 4500 for my 383 clevo.my engine was a slug wouldn't get up on the start line it was like driving with the brakes dragging
and hell yeah brads happy running a 10

hell yeah

'69 Capri

'95 triumph speed triple, '10 Fat Bob

My XT Fairmont
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11298079

My capri track car
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11492523
brad24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #113
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cortinas have a small fuel tank he would have nearly had to fuel twice a day lmao
Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #114
Windsor

Quote:
I had this yrs ago with a clevo when a convertor shop sent me the wrong convertor. i got a guys 3500 for his 302Windsor and he got my 4500 for my 383 clevo.my engine was a slug wouldn't get up on the start line it was like driving with the brakes dragging
And hell yeah brads happy running a 10
Gents all I can add is the XTGT I have mentioned is 363 cubic inches and runs some good numbers with a 3600 stall convertor and 3.89 gears. I have no idea why you guys have problems with your street engines and small convertors.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #115
Windsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
hell yeah
Brad if you are happy leave everything alone and just enjoy driving it.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #116
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cortinas have a small fuel tank he would have nearly had to fuel twice a day lmao
custom 120 litre cell
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #117
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER View Post
Seriously a 5k convertor for the street,what gear ratio ,4.8?????????
4.11 and 26 inch tyres
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #118
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
4.11 and 26 inch tyres
I would of thought with a 5K convertor it would want a lower diff ratio.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #119
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats the interpretation of a street car?. is it your nans vn or is it the 600+ cube blown toranas in streetmachine that the guys say are street driven
I guess its all about the owners idea on it
me personally I don't care what rpm it sit at on the highway or the fuel economy
never have never will its what I like doing so ill continue doing it
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #120
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
whats the interpretation of a street car?. is it your nans vn or is it the 600+ cube blown toranas in streetmachine that the guys say are street driven
I guess its all about the owners idea on it
me personally I don't care what rpm it sit at on the highway or the fuel economy
never have never will its what I like doing so ill continue doing it
A street car is basically a car that can be driven on the street without geting a defect every time you take it out.Defect in a way of engine and other mods.Quite simple really.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE