Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I miss joining my friends down at the beach.

Bloody virus

8 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I miss joining my friends down at the beach.

Bloody virus

I'd like to see that lot at Maslin's Beach

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
January 15th: Trade deal between Trump and Xi Jinping
January 15th: Articles of impeachment forwarded.
January 15th: First case of coronavirus from China to America.

Close enough.
Pain is coming. Barr is alluding to this in his recent interviews with Ingraham.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #4
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Pain is coming. Barr
Words can't describe it.

Old 12-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Scope creep from a faulty gasket...

Old 11-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #6
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a quote from Godwin in an interview with Ashley Hoffman of Time magazine;

"We have to be patient because when you have freedom of speech, it’s 100%. Open societies need to tolerate that people use their freedom badly sometimes."

I agree!!

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 11-04-2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Capitalisation required
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:38 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is absolutely ****en ridiculous to compare what were are doing here right now to Nazis.

My grandparents escaped Europe at that time and despite their troubles they never whinged about that or how hard it was. They certainly never compared Australia to Nazis like some people would like to assert now.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It is absolutely ****en ridiculous to compare what were are doing here right now to Nazis.

My grandparents escaped Europe at that time and despite their troubles they never whinged about that or how hard it was. They certainly never compared Australia to Nazis like some people would like to assert now.
Travel restrictions, having to have certain reasons for being outside of your home, people dobbing each other in and restrictions on business - you can certainly draw parallels.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Travel restrictions, having to have certain reasons for being outside of your home, people dobbing each other in and restrictions on business - you can certainly draw parallels.
You could, but it's to keep people safe and we have to cater to lowest dumb ****s in the country.

The measures aren't permanent mate. We just have to make it through and get on with it when it is done.

Jeez imagine if we were in an actual war right now. A few people can't just chill out at home
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
You could, but it's to keep people safe and we have to cater to lowest dumb ****s in the country.

The measures aren't permanent mate. We just have to make it through and get on with it when it is done.

Jeez imagine if we were in an actual war right now. A few people can't just chill out at home
I'm suspect on how or when the legislation will be rolled back, it's easy to implement but it's an uphill battle to roll back.

It's the same as some of the ridiculous anti terrorism legislation that was implemented here which gives police wide reaching powers.

It's very authoritarian, see below from December 2019 when we were assessed as our democracy reducing from open to narrowed status:

Quote:
Campaigns Director at the Human Rights Law Centre, Tom Clarke, said the negative assessment sadly reflected the clear trend of Australian governments chipping away at our rights and freedoms.

“Restricting free-speech, prosecuting whistle-blowers, intimidating journalists for publishing articles about government wrong-doing, cracking down on peaceful protests about the climate crisis - all of these restrictive policies add up. We need to draw a line in the sand and say ‘enough’,” said Mr Clarke.
https://www.hrlc.org.au/news/2019/12...s-and-freedoms
Old 12-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #11
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back on topic i see so more people than usual exercising responsibly in my local area.
We'll be going for a walk later today ourselves
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #12
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Back on topic i see so more people than usual exercising responsibly in my local area.
We'll be going for a walk later today ourselves
Good idea. Freezing cold windy day here today but me and the muttleys will once again be going about 7km to an old timber track for an hour of peace and quiet with no phone and radio to 'escape ' from the mind numbing coronavirus crap on media that is now just blending into a huge melting pot of overdone. Do all the media realise that any sane rational person is going to get sick and tired pretty soon if not already of hearing the same old diatribe every five minutes..

Normal news services of course, maybe a couple of minute updates every hour or so and the Public Service announcements is fine but the continuous breakfast shows especially and 'special news shows' like The Latest that just seem to base themselves inexorably to coronavirus stories for the vast majority of the shows has to be considered a bit over the top by the mainstream channels ..

I wish I could get them to pace themselves a bit better in this regard and think that maybe more focus on other stuff might actually be a good thing for mental wellbeing for many watchers , listeners or readers .

I can't so I'll switch them off and do something else to escape the saturating never ending flood of virus news ..New meaning to the term "It's gone viral."
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #13
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

This thread is a great platform for:-
1: Idiots
2: Trolls

I'd be in favour of closing it....
Old 12-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #14
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post

Speaking of which, people in the UK who believe that the 5G phone network is responsible for the illness spreading are targeting mobile phones towers and setting fire to the cable risers.

Big tick on the box next to IDIOTS in the UK.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post

Don't participate then?
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #16
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123

Quote:
Don't participate then?

Just remember, this is the only automotive forum that I know of that is allowing this sought of thread to continue in the fashion that it is.

If some of you want to continue keeping this thread open I strongly suggest that some contributors reconsider their posting style.

There's no need to reply to this post and if you do it will be deleted and you will be seriously risking the thread being closed.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #17
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This was said by Robert Kennedy Jr
This was all said on April 8 2020:
Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft's ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy - the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism.
Gates' obsession with vaccines seems fueled by a messianic conviction that he is ordained to save the world with technology and a god-like willingness to experiment with the lives of "lesser humans."
Promising to eradicate Polio with [$1.2](billion, Gates took control of India's National Advisory Board (NAB) and mandated 50 polio vaccines (up from 5) to every child before age 5. Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496, 000 children between 2000 and 2017.
In 2017, the Indian Government dialed back Gates' vaccine regimen and evicted Gates and his cronies from the NAB. Polio paralysis rates dropped precipitously. In 2017, the World Health Organization reluctantly admitted that the global polio explosion is predominantly vaccine strain, meaning it is coming from Gates' Vaccine Program. The most frightening epidemics in Congo, the Philippines, and Afghanistan are all linked to Gates' vaccines. By 2018, ¾ of global polio cases were from Gates' vaccines.
In 2014, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by GSK and Merck, on 23, 000 young girls in remote Indian provinces.
Approximately 1, 200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country's Supreme Court.
In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded a trial of a GSK's experimental malaria vaccine, killing 151 African infants and causing serious adverse effects including paralysis, seizure, and febrile convulsions to 1, 048 of the 5, 049 children.
During Gates' 2002 MenAfriVac campaign in Sub-Saharan Africa, Gates' operatives forcibly vaccinated thousands of African children against meningitis. Between 50 and 500 children developed paralysis. South African newspapers complained, "We are guinea pigs for the drug makers." Nelson Mandela's former Senior Economist, Professor Patrick Bond, describes Gates' philanthropic practices as "ruthless and immoral."
In 2010, Gates committed [$10]billion to the WHO promising to reduce population, in part, through new vaccines. A month later, Gates told a Ted Talk that new vaccines "could reduce population". In 2014, Kenya's Catholic Doctors Association accused the WHO of chemically sterilizing millions of unwilling Kenyan women with a phony "tetanus" vaccine campaign. Independent labs found the sterility formula in every vaccine tested. After denying the charges, WHO finally admitted it had been developing sterility vaccines for over a decade. Similar accusations came from Tanzania, Nicaragua, Mexico, and the Philippines.
A 2017 study (Morgensen et.Al.2017) showed that WHO's popular DTP vaccine is killing more African children than the diseases it pretends to prevent. Vaccinated girls suffer 10x the death rate of unvaccinated children. Gates and WHO have refused to recall the lethal vaccine which WHO forces upon millions of African children annually.
Global public health advocates around the world accuse Gates of hijacking WHO's agenda away from the projects that are proven to curb infectious diseases; clean water, hygiene, nutrition, and economic development. They say he has diverted agency resources to serve his personal fetish-that good health only comes in a syringe.
In addition to using his philanthropy to control WHO, UNICEF, GAVI and PATH, Gates funds private pharmaceutical companies that manufacture vaccines, and a massive network of pharmaceutical-industry front groups that broadcast deceptive propaganda, develop fraudulent studies, conduct surveillance and psychological operations against vaccine hesitancy and use Gates' power and money to silence dissent and coerce compliance. In his recent nonstop Pharmedia appearances, Gates appears gleeful that the Covid-19 crisis will give him the opportunity to force his third-world vaccine programs on American children.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #18
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

C19 Fire Sale

By my reckoning there are 10 times as many Camper Trailers and Hybrid Offroad Vans for sale than there were in the month of February.

Real Estate, I know of a neat tidy beach unit that would have sold easily for $750K in December/January, price reduced and still can not get any offers at $650K.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #19
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If there is a silver lining in this, the mainstream media know their days are numbered. Unless it's covid 19 related, they don't have anything else to report on.
This video highlights how the public are turning away from the mainstream press in droves and the parent companies are dropping useless second rate left wing journos like flies. For some reason I can't embed youtube vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaA-7m_0Ss

The week after the lock down in NZ, German owned Bauer Media called it quits and pulled their magazines that serve women with not a lot going on in their lives (Women Weekly etc), and the usual lefty echo chamber magazines that offer no alternative content to the daily mainstream newspapers or what is available online. Go woke, go broke.

Following that, this pathetic opinion piece was published by a desperate journo after realising he may just be out of a job soon enough. Karma is coming around to bite these vindictive, snide, non essential **** stirrers.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...is-needed-fast

A whole lot of irony in the above opinion piece. The same publication writes and regurgitates content that subtly calls for the demise of, and attempts to turn the public against other industries that receive government subsidies in one way or the other.
The mainstream press made no effort to hide their dismay at the Australian auto industry receiving subsidies, along with private landlords and the agricultural industry.
They're never shy putting across the message that if a business cannot sustain extra costs without a rise in productivity, such as a higher minimum wage and extra local and central Govt red tape, they weren't viable in the first place and should change their model or tough luck.
Now they want to flip all of that upside down and make an exception for themselves.
6 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 12:47 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
If there is a silver lining in this, the mainstream media know their days are numbered. Unless it's covid 19 related, they don't have anything else to report on.
This video highlights how the public are turning away from the mainstream press in droves and the parent companies are dropping useless second rate left wing journos like flies. For some reason I can't embed youtube vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaA-7m_0Ss

The week after the lock down in NZ, German owned Bauer Media called it quits and pulled their magazines that serve women with not a lot going on in their lives (Women Weekly etc), and the usual lefty echo chamber magazines that offer no alternative content to the daily mainstream newspapers or what is available online. Go woke, go broke.

Following that, this pathetic opinion piece was published by a desperate journo after realising he may just be out of a job soon enough. Karma is coming around to bite these vindictive, snide, non essential **** stirrers.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...is-needed-fast

A whole lot of irony in the above opinion piece. The same publication writes and regurgitates content that subtly calls for the demise of, and attempts to turn the public against other industries that receive government subsidies in one way or the other.
The mainstream press made no effort to hide their dismay at the Australian auto industry receiving subsidies, along with private landlords and the agricultural industry.
They're never shy putting across the message that if a business cannot sustain extra costs without a rise in productivity, such as a higher minimum wage and extra local and central Govt red tape, they weren't viable in the first place and should change their model or tough luck.
Now they want to flip all of that upside down and make an exception for themselves.
'Journalists' are just university educated propagandists, if Joseph Goebbels was still alive he'd take his metaphorical hat off to these people with circa $50K+ in debt who parrot half truths for a career.

Investigative journalism rarely exists anymore, everyone is pushing some narrative or telling half a story.

You could see it with automotive journalism over the past 10 plus years.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #21
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

From what I can see around me - surrounding streets - the “stay at home” message has been well and truly abandoned. It’s clear a decent number of people are visiting or receiving visitors.

What will be interesting is to see in coming days, whether the government revises its restrictions with the aim of a compliant compromise, or if they attempt to crack down harder.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #22
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

You’re all carrying on like Australia is the only place in the world with these inconvenient restrictions?
FFS... Have a feckin look outside ya self centred little bubbles.... Or is Australia now the centre of the universe??
There’s virtually not a “civilised” country on the entire planet without covid19 restrictions.
I’ll bet me left one that someone will reply with “It’s a world conspiracy”? I mean, we’ve had Nazis, Joseph Goebbels, A test for Communism, Police states, To Bill Gates funding The whole thing!
Unbelievable....
I
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 12-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #23
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
I mean, we’ve had Nazis, Joseph Goebbels, A test for Communism, Police states, To Bill Gates funding The whole thing!
Unbelievable....
I
You forgot those damn Aliens.

Old 12-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #24
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
You forgot those damn Aliens.
Finally someone in this thread talking sense!
Old 12-04-2020, 03:27 PM   #25
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
You’re all carrying on like Australia is the only place in the world with these inconvenient restrictions?
FFS... Have a feckin look outside ya self centred little bubbles.... Or is Australia now the centre of the universe??
There’s virtually not a “civilised” country on the entire planet without covid19 restrictions.
I’ll bet me left one that someone will reply with “It’s a world conspiracy”? I mean, we’ve had Nazis, Joseph Goebbels, A test for Communism, Police states, To Bill Gates funding The whole thing!
Unbelievable....
I
How many restrictions and closures have the USA forced on its own citizens? Or are they only 'recommendations'?
Old 12-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #26
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
How many restrictions and closures have the USA forced on its own citizens? Or are they only 'recommendations'?
Whatever they did or are now doing, it's not worked out very well. They are paying the price in lives lost. Trump seems to be more worried about the economy than his citizens wellbeing.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #27
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Probably not enough, considering that they now have almost 1 third of the world's total reported cases.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
Old 12-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
Probably not enough, considering that they now have almost 1 third of the world's total reported cases.
What's the real figure out of China, the CCP isn't known for its honesty.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #29
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Franco, Lots of states there are declaring "state of emergency" like us here in Victoria and NSW hence the restriction laws and powers the police have to enforce them, when it passes they will naturally lift those restrictions.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:32 PM   #30
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unbelievable....
I

It's human nature to lash out whenever they feel threatened so that's what's happening.
Closed Thread