Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #991
Phantom 8
Ford fan

Wink

Hi all my name is Tom and the cooks name is Belinda,We have 2 kids 7 and 1.I guess i started out a ford man the same as many "My dad" always had fords and would tell me all the time as a young bloke "you will never drive a better car son",Well i guess i will have to go along with the wise words from the old man.From when i started driving i have owned, XA coupe,XB 4 door,XC 4 door,2x XE's,XF,EB XR8,EB tickford and now a BA XR8,I also love to 4x4 as we live in the Vic High Country "ERICA",The 4x4 i have is a XJ Jeep "sorry its not a ford".Im also a Bow hunter and i am very proud of it .I like most cars that look and sound nice but in the hart im a ford man.Looking foraward to this site and from what i have seen so far you drive very nice cars.."Love GT's" :..LOL
Some photos of my cars...

Our new BA XR8 we got last week..

My XA coupe.."wish i still had"

Tickford EB

EB XR8...

And the Jeep...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #992
Bluntman
Loves the blunt

Been lurking around for awhile and thought I'd say hi.
Not really a Ford guy, although most of my cars have been Fords, but more just a classic car guy. I currently have a 69 Mustang that I got a new engine for 2 weeks ago and am about to start a rebuild on. Love the old US muscle cars the most, any brand like Mopar, Chev, Ford, GM, they are all good in my eyes. Not really a fan of the later model stuff but I'm not one to bag peoples tastes. As long as its not a Lada it's all good.
Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #993
4ORDTERROR

Default Hello i'm new =)

Hey peoples out there, i'm a new member to the forum. Great to be here so i can find out all the good things and how to do things with my new ford.

Background.

I have owned holdens but i have now come to the dark side and brought myself a Ford Territory 06 TS and i'm loving it great car.

Thought i would pop in and say hello and hopefully there will be helpers out there to help with putting some MP3 in my car

Cheers
:alien2:
4ORDTERROR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #994
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Hello
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #995
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Welcome to AFF .... have a good look around as there is a lot to read and heaps of advice ... most of it good

Territory section here which should help you with what ever you are thinking of doing down the track but .....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #996
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the world of never ending mods and an always empty wallet thanks to the info and examples avaliable around here.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #997
stoker100
Starter Motor

new to the forum, have owned my 94' ford probe for about 7 years now, im into performance modifications more so then visual ones, i plan to make the probe a track car one day (when its simply time for a new car).

last dyno (4 years go) was 117WKW with very few mods , will be pulling the engine this weekend to rebuild and expecting 130-140wkw when its all back together. its nothing special nor do i claim it to be but ive always been one to stay away from the crowd (therefor getting an uncommon difficult to work on car with little to no aftermarket support) its been very reliable and taken a beating.

major mods include KLZE engine conversion, Megasquirt and every bolt on imaginable with the exception of a UDP.
stoker100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #998
NS14VE

Talking Hi Every1

Hi pplz, my name is Crystal, i'm 27 from wollongong, i own a black 2003 ba xr6. Not alot done to it at the moment but its on its way. I am interested in meeting with other keen ford fans in the area. Not sure if there are any clubs down here, but would appreciate if ne1 can help me out. Thanks Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford.jpg (34.9 KB, 59 views)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #999
Mz Revvv Head

Hey people, nice to be on here, I just found this & thought I'd say hi

Been here for a few days now & have some great advice & help with a ?
I have also put some quick reply's to threads ...

I've been a FORD fan since I was very young around 3 years old ... & at that time the Mustang was my favourite car We use to go to all the Ford days back then ...
I have grown up with the classic cars, just luv the GT'S ... drools - at all the Fantastic pic's I have seen on here in the past few days ...
Some may say old school, but age comes with being a classic

I have been going to all types of motor racing since I was 4 years old & have luved it, been all over Aussie land ...
Also really like the AU, became a HUGE FAN after the 00 Green Eyed Monster V8 Supercar BEST race car I have EVER or will ever see, LUVVV IT !!!
( Sadly the best looking didn't win much :(
I have a massive collection of items going back to 2000 & treasure it ...

I was also a member of Lowndes Force from when it 1st started ...
Craig Lowndes has been SUPER to me, put a post for me on LF in 2005 when I had surgery, which went very wrong :"(
I won a LF competition at Phillip Island, got the front grill of the 2006 car all signed & it's also another treasure !

I have a BA XR which in a few months time I would like to change rims & maybe do a few other things to it ... ( NO STRIPES )
I'm looking at buying a GT-P BFII which I just fell in love with
I have noticed the Lightning stike color is so popular :| now what I can I do to make it different from the rest, puts thinking cap on ...

Any way, thanks for a great forum, I've enjoyed being here so far tyvm ...
Mz Revvv Head is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1000
c8dbo
Starter Motor

Hi there...just bought an XP ute with 302. Hoping to obtain a lot of info from you guys...initially how to make the breaks work, best diff to use etc. Will search the site first before I start asking questions.
c8dbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #1001
[RUF-40L]

Hello everyone, i'm Martin, 17 years old and i drive a black 1997 Ford Fairlane
got referred to the forum by my mate Andrew aka WTF.40L

these are old pics, but i'll get some new ones up soon

future mods include:
20inch wheels
lowering
white walls

Last edited by [RUF-40L]; 13-05-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 22-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #1002
ford_xr6
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RUF-40L]
Hello everyone, i'm Martin, 17 years old and i drive a black 1997 Ford Fairlane
got referred to the forum by my mate Andrew aka WTF.40L

these are old pics, but i'll get some new ones up soon

future mods include:
20inch wheels
lowering
white walls

nice pic
ford_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #1003
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Hi all, names Lotte, or Lotski/Chucky as I'm known to most of my mates.
Grew up with a Compact 63 Fairlane in the shed, the most beautiful car, and could've throttle mum when she sold it (was my dads, when he died, we kept it as long as we could).
AHve a few old holden projects, *gasp* but love the h series panos. I'm more of an pre 80s ford/holden kinda gal, but when it comes to the newer cars, I'm ford all the way.

Only just got rid of my toyommodore, and replaced it with an EF XR6, which has been my excuse to go home at every lunch hour.
I work for Continental Corporation, in the infotainment and connecctivity dept, as a test engineer/student placement type thingo, going back to uni next year to finish my degree in mechanical engineering, then who knows what.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #1004
ebgtf1-11
Starter Motor

Smile G,day

Hi everyone my name is Anthony i am from melbourne came across the site today looking up some info.I am a ford guy though and through but have owned 2 holdens in my time to try them out but no good.My current ford is a ,EB GT with no mods stock as a rock and thats the way she is staying.I will post up some pics as soon as i get a Chance.Ps great site guys keep up the good work.
ebgtf1-11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #1005
james2791
Starter Motor

Hi guys Im James, 18YO from Victoria and just today, bought a '99 Fairmont AU as my first car. I was looking around for a good place/discussion board and came to the conclusion that there isn't any better site then here, so I signed up.
Hoping to gain some knowledge on this car and Fords in general... After all, my dad is a Ford nut, and I can see why
james2791 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #1006
ozten
Starter Motor

G'day G'day, Im Scott but people call me oz, im living here in brisvegas, and currently have a BA ute and 08 R1 in my stable, and i gotta say its a love hate relationship with the ford at the moment, im chasing the same 2 problems that i had with my old EL, i just changed rotors to DBA Slotted and bendix ct pads to try and stop the warping and after 1500k's so far so good, and the other problem is the bloody driveline vibration, that i also had dramas with my EL, i just changed unis on the weekend but to no avail.

At present im eating up my car loan as quick as possible at the moment with grand plans of getting an FG xr8 or turbo..... i dunno i cant bloody decide GRRRRR, but i still have about another year of waiting to figure it out.

But pls people give me good news that Ford has sorted its crap out with the new FG model
ozten is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #1007
ZEPPELINFAN
Starter Motor

G'day blokes! I'm Chris, 43, from Ringwood. I've driven an XP Coupe for three years now, and wouldn't touch anything else for a while!

Hoping to meet some other Ford and Sizzler lovers, you all seem like good blokes!
ZEPPELINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #1008
hopk88
Formally KezDaMuss

hey all my names keiran and im 22 and from caboolture qld (bout half way between brisbane and sunny coast).

I own a 04 BA MkII Fairmont which i have decked out with a xr6 kit. will post some pics up when i can..

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow ford fans..yea thats it really
hopk88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #1009
MR51MN

Hi all my name is Simon, I'm currently driving a supercharged BA XR6, done a fair bit to it all over, body kit, paint, wheels, re-trim(still ongoing), stereo, suspension, everything has had something changed. Has it's moments where it's nothing but trouble but it's mostly great. And I'm from newy, an that's about all I got.

So hi
MR51MN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #1010
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums everyone.

Hope you have an enjoyable stay
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #1011
clarkster
Starter Motor

[I]nice one boys im pimpin a ride in the pk ranger goes good happy asss >> gilmour apart from the leak

Last edited by clarkster; 04-06-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: cant write properly (kiwi schoolin)
clarkster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #1012
qik08T
qik08T-Cobra inspired

Hi all, my name is Phil and I just picked up (May) a 2008 FG XR6T. I have just started on my Cobra inspired creation to personalise my ride so I am looking forward to any information about improving my ride inside and out. any BA - FG car clubs around Wollongong?
qik08T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #1013
trev62
Starter Motor

G,day all, Trev here... bit of a lost cause as far as cars go, had so many..
but the car bug got me at about 8 when mum n dad used to take us to the old Sydney Showground speedway on saturday nights, and Id stand at the fence and get a face full of dirt, wow, the noise!. Every Bathurst race, glued to the TV from start till finish, from about 1970. Those were the days.
OK, cars...in order from P plates on lol....74 TC 2.0 Cortina....67 149 HR Premier......
74 265 VJ Charger....81 VH Comm....69 HT Premier (project, it died)....84 e.f.i VK Berlina Comm....XW Fairmont sedan & XW stn wgn (projects, sigh.. died).....74 HQ Monaro 4 door replica.....77 HZ Premier....80 XD wagon....82 XE sedan.....82 L.T.D, burgandy over silver (best car I ever had)... 94 ED falcon 5speed (current daily) ....AUII Futura, and last of all an AU ex-taxi, what was I thinking ? pmsl.
Now Im going to get a project car and this time STICK with it... ZH Fairlane tops the wish list... and Ive been inspired by the projects being done by other members here.
Or maybe I'll just save up, and buy an already resto-ed ZH ?, Im hopeless lol.
trev62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #1014
GreatXR8
Starter Motor

Hi all! I have recently purchased my first real car...an FG XR8 ute, nitro blue, with luxury pack. Absolutely love it. Before getting it I didn't really have any allegencies to any manufacturer, however it hasn't taken me long to become a "Ford Man"! Looking forward to picking your brains on all things ford.
GreatXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #1015
TReckless

Hey guys, surnames reckless don't really live up to it though. I currently own an '02 AU series III SR. Although I'm new to to ford scene I still wouldn't have any other make and I look to forward to learning some more about them
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #1016
Stock Magna

I'm Paul and this is my stock magna.

Mostly stock.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #1017
VladTepes

Great a ***box with a stupid spoiler to make it even slower...

(pretty good coming from a Land Rover driver).

Welcome mate.

Smile It confuses people.
VladTepes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #1018
Stock Magna

The bonnet bulge really ****es ford drivers off though......mostly the "Great now they are on MAGNA's aswell".

But hey flows with the bonnet to a tee.

Spoiler doesn't make it slower, my fat *** does though :P
Old 12-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #1019
Dr. Feelgood
Classy Redneck

Hi Australian Ford Forums!!

My name's Blake, but the internet calls me Doc.

I drive a 1977 Ford Fairlane ZH, rego 'V8 FTW'. She's my first car bought around 2 years ago, and I love it...

She's pretty much stock standard. Gathering up the funds to get the proper de-rust and de-brown strip-down and paint treatment.

I'm a 3D Modeller/Graphic Artist by trade and got around to building a 3D Model of this particular Fairlane model. Turned out it was the first ever, and has since been ported by Modders into some PC driving games. I've used this model as a base to create my own custom version of how I want mine to eventually look. I'll post those renders up when I get a chance to update them.

Anyways, I'm looking very much forward to seeing some of you out and about on the road!! I'll post up a Thread on my Fairlane in the coming weeks.
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #1020
Organon
Starter Motor

Hey All,

Another new face to add to the mix. My name's Stuart.

All the cars Ive owned have been Fords, started with my first car, 1983 XE Fairmont 4.1L EFI, upgraded to a 1992 EB Fairmont Ghia 5L (loved the sunroof!), upgraded to a 2001 AUII TE50, then down graded to a 1994 Festiva :(

Recently aquired myself a 1965 XM Falcon Deluxe in original condition and in my search for information stumble across this site. Already managed to find out a fair bit more about the car and thats without even asking any questions!!

Look forward to trawling through the wealth of information while I restore her to her former glory!

Cheers All
Organon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post