Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #1
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not sure where you get that info from but everyone that I know who's had the jab did not do it for the health and wellbeing of other folk.

When I eventually get around to having mine it'll be for me and that's it.
In actual fact I had mine for the well being of my missus , step daughter , neice and nephew and my olds.
In my work I'm inside 20 different different houses a week and in contact with many people.
The less chance I have of catching it has to help my family.
8 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 08:42 AM   #2
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not sure where you get that info from but everyone that I know who's had the jab did not do it for the health and wellbeing of other folk.

When I eventually get around to having mine it'll be for me and that's it.
That's because you're selfish. I'm not saying that to insult you, just to describe the behaviour of being concerned for yourself and not of others.

Quote:
selfish adjective
Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.
self·​ish | \ ˈsel-fish
\
Definition of selfish

1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others a selfish act
It's the same concept why people escape pending lockdowns by leaving the state and spread their infection to people in their path. Why should they have to go into lockdown? They should be free to do what they like? Nevermind the devastation that it causes the millions of others who are affected by their actions.

It used to be that people in society cared for each other and how their own actions would affect other people, both positively and negatively. That kind of concern for others doesn't really exist anymore, now it's a "**** you, I got mine" kind of society.

The flu jab is another that's rolled out for herd immunity to protect the vulnerable. The whole concept of herd immunity is to protect the vulnerable and those that can't be vaccinated themselves. Less-at-risk people take one for the team so as to protect other people.

It's probably heading off topic but if more people cared about others then we'd all be living in a better world today.

Last edited by leesa; 30-06-2021 at 08:50 AM.

This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
That's not really how it works. A lot of people (particularly younger generations) are getting vaccinated to protect other people like oldies, the sick and those that can't be vaccinated. It's a largely selfless act to contribute to herd immunity to protect other people rather than yourself.

Vaccine injury is always a possibility even outside of covid vaccinations. So you want people to have access to a vaccine that's currently outside of medical recommendations for their age group, make their own choice to get it despite the advice saying don't... so as to largely protect others.. but then you also want to backpedal if they die from it and claim "personal choice, personal responsibilitly"? This is exactly why there's so much hesitancy around the AZ vaccine - people feel like their life is ultimately not important and if they die from it well too bad so sad.
Outside of medical recommendations? You mean "some recommendations" Step one was "get information from your GP" I count that as medical advice from someone who knows your individual situation.

You yourself decided to ignore the then current "medical advice" way back earlier when you said you were not going to get AZ, and you were willing to endanger the community and wait for Pfizer. (That's because you're selfish. I'm not saying that to insult you, just to describe the behaviour of being concerned for yourself and not of others.)

But that is your right in my book, the medical advice changed, and it could change again. You exercised your right to look at the medical advice, and exercise personal choice and accept personal responsibility. I support your right to do that.

3 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 10:12 AM   #4
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Outside of medical recommendations? You mean "some recommendations" Step one was "get information from your GP" I count that as medical advice from someone who knows your individual situation.
It's against the public health advice, the australian medical association has advised to not listen to the PM urging younger generations to get AZ.
But yes, noone can stop you if you want to do that.

Quote:
You yourself decided to ignore the then current "medical advice" way back earlier when you said you were not going to get AZ, and you were willing to endanger the community and wait for Pfizer. (That's because you're selfish. I'm not saying that to insult you, just to describe the behaviour of being concerned for yourself and not of others.)

But that is your right in my book, the medical advice changed, and it could change again. You exercised your right to look at the medical advice, and exercise personal choice and accept personal responsibility. I support your right to do that.
To be fair I didn't have access to either vaccine back then, I wasn't on the priority list and didn't qualify for vaccination at all. What I said was I'll find a way to get pfizer instead of AZ, and the medical advice changed a day or two afterwards anyway to say pfizer should be used in younger generations. I've been isolating since the pandemic started, have worn masks since it started so as to protect others even when they weren't wearing masks to protect me and got vaccinated as soon as I could. I don't have any preexisting health issues but I don't want to be responsible for killing someone else.
FWIW I get the flu jab each year too. Not because I'm in any at-risk group of dying from the flu but I could easily pass it on to someone who might. Keeping others safe is a community responsibility. It's the same reason why your kids can't take peanuts to school despite not having allergies themselves.

Then there are others on here saying they should be able to leave the house of their free will and never be forced into lock down because they're confident in their own ability to survive an infection (**** everyone else though, right?). That anyone who's at-risk should just not leave their house and that if they do, and happen to get sick by someone like themselves infecting them, well it was their own choice to put themselves at risk by leaving the house and if they wanted to stay alive they should have kept themselves safer.

Old 30-06-2021, 07:45 PM   #5
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
That's not really how it works. A lot of people (particularly younger generations) are getting vaccinated to protect other people like oldies, the sick and those that can't be vaccinated. It's a largely selfless act to contribute to herd immunity to protect other people rather than yourself.

Nah...I did it for myself, couldn't give a rats about anyone else.

Always start with number #1 is my motto...and proud of it.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 01:22 PM   #6
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is good to see our Deputy Prime Minster following the rules - NOT!!!! and was fined accordingly

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...each/100251944
Old 29-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I bet Miss Vikki had words with the Barnapapa after that! Throwing away $200!
Old 29-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #8
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crossed into QLD from NT on the day lockdown happened there.
Heading to townsville and just stopped for some pies and pasties only to be told lockdown happening there as of 6pm and for 3days.... bugga..... not sure what to do, felt like we were ahead of the crap, now we are sruck between 2 affected places

Edit: Bunnings in Darwin declared a hotspot....drove past there 6 or 7 times, each time considering stopping in for a brazier. So glad i kept putting it off
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Crossed into QLD from NT on the day lockdown happened there.
Heading to townsville and just stopped for some pies and pasties only to be told lockdown happening there as of 6pm and for 3days.... bugga..... not sure what to do, felt like we were ahead of the crap, now we are sruck between 2 affected places

Edit: Bunnings in Darwin declared a hotspot....drove past there 6 or 7 times, each time considering stopping in for a brazier. So glad i kept putting it off
last thing we need is for this to let rip in remote communities
Old 29-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #10
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Throwing the CHO under the bus....

Deputy Premier John Barilaro says NSW government 'lost control' of COVID-19 outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...irus/100251538

Quote:
Mr Barilaro said the government had not introduced stay-at-home orders sooner because they were following advice from NSW Health.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #11
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Throwing the CHO under the bus....

Deputy Premier John Barilaro says NSW government 'lost control' of COVID-19 outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...irus/100251538
Has the government sacked or replaced her? otherwise I would say No.
Old 29-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #12
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
last thing we need is for this to let rip in remote communities

#Jesus yes. With the health problems some of the indigenous suffer it would be a slaughter.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #13
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
#Jesus yes. With the health problems some of the indigenous suffer it would be a slaughter.
that would be terrible !!!
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #14
HIPO
Al

Not sure how many , but have seen some medical insurance policy's, wont cover probs arising from the said jab.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #15
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No dancing, haha
Currently for us it feels like we are in a film or novel....but wasnt thinking Footloose.

BIL has told us theyre not allowed to sing in SA.
He never knows the words anyway
Old 29-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #16
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the 19yo Magnetic Island girl knew she was positive and went to market anyway??
Old 29-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #17
zilo
BANNED

Had my two shots now....covid can go and get stuffed...

(for a while I guess.)

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 29-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #18
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone at work said that will all these states locking down they might need to play the AFL grand final at the MCG
Old 29-06-2021, 09:46 PM   #19
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Don't think Joe Hockey will get invited to any future Liberal Party Xmas dinners. He laid a fair turd on his former party's handling of the virus.........

Seems every one in the media and ex politicians are all experts......

Last edited by buggerlugs; 29-06-2021 at 09:56 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #20
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems our PM must be suffering cabin fever after having to be in self-isolation for 2 weeks

He is telling everyone to go against his own medical professionals advice on people under 60 taking the AstraZeneca vaccine - he must have a different insight to others, or he is a AZ share-holder, or maybe he got some great advice via Hillsong - who knows

But, it is like a WTF moment, when a non-medical person goes against the medical advice of professionals - maybe he needs to sack them if he has no confidence in their advice
Old 30-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 29th, 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

25 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.978%.

3 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.949% and active cases 30.

The UK had a lower 20,223 cases yesterday and higher 23 deaths.

A higher 15,552 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 224 deaths sees CMR at 1.795%.

Other notable points:
Global deaths pass 3.95M, the last 50k in 6 days;
South America passes 1M deaths - just over half being from Brazil;

Fiji (312);
Cuba (3,080); and
Tunisia (5,251)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Myanmar moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Mozambique and the Dominican Republic drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #22
tweeked
N/A all the way

Trouble in South Australia now......

Old 30-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #23
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I normally avoid mention of my age (for fear of having to act it! ) but it’s only this latest raising of the bar which has technically excluded me from the social inferiors’ vaccine.

As related in another thread, now my obligations are reduced - at least for a few weeks - when the local GPs have levelled up with the surge in requests I will likely roll up my sleeve. (Unless they’re willing to inject my thigh, which would be preferable as I seldom sit down but use both arms for work.)
Old 30-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #24
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

I'm still under 60 and had the AZ shots over 2 months ago, and other than the odd 2 or 3 day blackout where i have no idea where i have been or what i have done, and the homicidal thoughts, it's all roses, never felt better and couldn't be happier......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 30-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #25
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 30-06-2021, 02:22 PM   #26
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Looking good Trev - maybe some lippy and paint your nails, ol Charlton Heston may rise again.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
6 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2021, 03:27 PM   #27
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

John and Yoko, isn’t it?

To be serious, my main reservations about the speed with which unproven vaccines (eg the povo vax) were thrust upon us, were firstly about the possibility of effect on unborn babies, (which would have shown up by now) and secondly a common physical manifestation upon others, whether neural or physical (or both).

The outcome here has shown, and it’s of low risk. The 31 year old car I drive most days probably jeopardises my health/welfare more.
Old 30-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #28
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putting the big V is back into AFL. But alas, no crowd capacity increases due to the "volatile" situation around the country.....

All 18 AFL teams to be in Victoria as Crows, Port flee SA

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...30-p585l8.html

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 30-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #29
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
John and Yoko, isn’t it?

To be serious, my main reservations about the speed with which unproven vaccines (eg the povo vax) were thrust upon us, were firstly about the possibility of effect on unborn babies, (which would have shown up by now) and secondly a common physical manifestation upon others, whether neural or physical (or both).

The outcome here has shown, and it’s of low risk. The 31 year old car I drive most days probably jeopardises my health/welfare more.
and the Fed Gvmt signed an agreement that ensures we can't sue the vaccine maker if it all goes pear shaped and we can't sue the Doctor for administering to us
Old 30-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #30
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
and the Fed Gvmt signed an agreement that ensures we can't sue the vaccine maker if it all goes pear shaped and we can't sue the Doctor for administering to us
From what I have been able to gather so far, this looks like pretty standard practice for all vaccines. It is the governments that provides insurance for any injuries, not the manufacturers. Take Pandremix for instance, GSK manufactured, but it was the British gov that dished out the compensation.

I posted a link earlier on the Aus gov's scheme for compensation. Just need someone to decipher it.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread