Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #61
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86
its ford forums wot do u exspect? its like going into the crows members area and claming they are all narrow minded and should suport other teams too
Now you're talking sports.

In the case of motorsport , then it only seems logical to go for a team, otherwise it defeats the point of watching the sport. And since the most followed motorsport event in Australia is V8 Supercars with only two teams (Ford vs Holden), then of course you're gonna pick a side and not yell out "You bloody Holden supporters, why don't you be more open minded and support another car company in the V8 Supercar series?!"

So we've established that it's all well and good to pick a team to support in motorsport.

But the people that come home and use the fact that they support that team, and disregard all other makes of cars because they don't want to feel 'disloyal' seriously need to wake up.

I'm not going to only buy Swiss food and clothing items and never buy anything from Chile because I was going for Federer in the Australian Open, am I?

I don't like any brand of car, but at the same time, I don't hate any brand of car. What I do like/hate is the individual car models based on how good/bad they are.

My next car? With a bit of luck a RenaultSport Clio 182. Then after that? Who knows, maybe an Audi, maybe a Mazda...maybe I'll settle for a Kia. What does it matter as long as I'm satisfied with the actual car, and not the brand that I buy, right?

Oh and if anyone's wondering why I joined the FORD forums, well logic would suggest that it's so I can communicate with owners of the same model of car as mine. Til' an Australian-based Fiesta forum is created, I'm here to stay :P.

Cheers,
Andrei.
Old 22-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #62
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Is the current Holden V8 the world's only passenger car with a pushrod engine? Can you name any other?
Just curious as too why so many people knock pushrods?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #63
andrewts
White Car Driver

Mate, hop on the Holden Forums, they do it too. It's just part of the fun!
Old 22-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #64
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Every manufacturer has skeletons in their closet. I’ve owned a few cars and been in various owners clubs, shared tracks with $500 paddock bombs and $500,000 Ferraris, from Alfas to VW’s (no Wolsley’s that I know off), from rickety old pommy 1940’s things to the latest Jap techno thrillers – you can’t get too precious about manufacturers – even Porsche.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #65
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_andrew
The main reason would be because MANY (not all, don't flame me) Holden drivers diss Fords when the Fords are often better cars. I won't say anything bad about Holden until provoked.
I agree that alot of Holden owners are like that, but I know some Ford owners that wouldn't need to be provoked, to act the same way.

Even wearing my Holden shirt to Tafe, I've had a couple "Holdens suck" or "Holdens are gay" comments, and I'm just minding my own business.
Old 22-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #66
MON10A

yes but ford have more four letter words to discribe them.
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #67
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Even wearing my Holden shirt to Tafe, I've had a couple "Holdens suck" or "Holdens are gay" comments, and I'm just minding my own business.
That's awful, you shouldn't have to be put down because of your choice/taste in motoring.

I was on the bus today and a bloke I know said "What's the fastest production car in Australia? THAT'S RIGHT Holden, so shut up with your Ford stuff."

Now the shut up bit was playful more than insulting, but the funny thing is that all he knows is that I like Fords. He doesn't know that I have one, he doesn't know that I appreciate some Holdens either. But there's no telling people like that. Just let them live their life, they'll buy their beloved Holden, over do it, break it, might end up in a Ford hire-car and they might change their mind. They might not, either. It's just the stubborness.
Old 22-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #68
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewts
That's awful, you shouldn't have to be put down because of your choice/taste in motoring.
I think alot people tend to judge a book by it's cover alot (Not directed at you mate). Yeah I wear a Holden shirt sometimes, but that doesn't mean I'm devoted to just Holdens.

One of my class mates asked me today if I own a Holden or just like Holdens, (She doesn't like them. Fair enough), and I said what I say to everyone who asks me that question "Nah I like anything really, not just Holdens".
Old 23-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #69
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Sorry why.? I find that my EF xr6 has all the style grace looks and power that i am looking for, why in God,s name would i have to hunt around for a dodge or a nissan gt-r or whatever is on the market, my FORD does it for me totally and completley. I think that all of you guys and even some of us girls that have had umpteen different cars and they do not satisfy you, then you should build one from all the different cars that you have owned, and get the complete satisfaction that you are looking for, meantime i will continue to enjoy a superb product from FORD, my EF XR6.
And as long as you don't bag-out other makes/models, no one else will care (yes I do bag-out other models - eg. Camry's - but it's human nature to have a lighthearted dig) If you are happy with the EF that's great .. you'll save yourself a lot of money. However some of us see potential in a lot of different cars. I've had some great cars which I wish I never sold and some dogs I couldn't get rid of fast enough, but I've learn something with all of them. I still see many, varied cars and scheme how I could own them .. even for a just a little time. My current "fantasy" is a MarkIII Lincoln Continental coupe. It's a Ford, but "oh-my-god" it's not a Falcon!! Shock, horror!!
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #70
red_hotxr6
Banned

I dont like holdens period, but i do not bag them just to bag a car, if all of australia wish to buy and drive one good on them, i will drive my FORD. What i can not understand is why some one can come on this FORD site join, and want to talk about holdens, nissans etc, in any sort of " good" light. If you own a FORD then come here and talk about your FORD, if you own a holden as well then go on a holden forum and talk holden, if you also own a nissan then go to on of there forums and talk shop there, or even better find a forum that caters for ALL makes and talk about all the different cars that are owned and driven by said people, but dont come on here owning 3 or four different cars and bag a FORD, in any way shape or form.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #71
Hitman
Way over here

I rarely, if ever see anyone bagging out a Ford on this site. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing it here, but mention a different make and people start bagging it straight away, even if they have absolutely no ideawhat they are talking about.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #72
pb02
inconceivable!

All makes and models pale in comparisson to the mighty TRABANT!!!

27hp of fury!!

Nothing else comes close!!! You all suck!!!

Excuse me while I go off to start trabantforums.com.au :
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #73
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
I rarely, if ever see anyone bagging out a Ford on this site. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing it here, but mention a different make and people start bagging it straight away, even if they have absolutely no ideawhat they are talking about.
You have to be joking, I for one bag Ford on many occasions.

Some people you can tell dont have much of a clue, but then again, who are you to judge, and how do you know that you are right.

Im sick of people saying that "oh your so one eyed" etc etc, its BS. Some are and some aren't just like anything.

At the end of the day its a Fordforum, so of course people are going to bag Holden and other makes, just like LS1 does about Fords etc etc. The majority is just a bit of fun, unfortunately its when the bogans start firing off then it turns to poo.

And then you have your hippies that say that they love everyone, again, thats a load of bull aswell.

Reminds me of a quote form Team America, "There are three types of people in this world, pussy's, dicks, and a-holes".
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #74
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
All makes and models pale in comparisson to the mighty TRABANT!!!

27hp of fury!!

Nothing else comes close!!! You all suck!!!

Excuse me while I go off to start trabantforums.com.au :
Remember the FSM Niki? Check out the current values of these cars:
http://www.carpoint.com.au/DesktopDe...atchallpartial
You'd get better resale from a ride-on lawnmower.

LOL at the 650 "Sportz"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2050406
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #75
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Remember the FSM Niki? Check out the current values of these cars:
http://www.carpoint.com.au/DesktopDe...atchallpartial
You'd get better resale from a ride-on lawnmower.

LOL at the 650 "Sportz"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2050406

Only a narrowminded fool could forget that engineering marvel!!!!
Old 23-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #76
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02

Only a narrowminded fool could forget that engineering marvel!!!!
With it's enviromentally (not) friendly noisy two stroke.
Old 23-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #77
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can appreciate lots of different cars, gtir pulsar (dont laugh), datsun 1600 with fj20, that twin turbo 5.7 vk, my brothers vz clubby, 55-57 chevs. But its usually the owners attitude that make me not want one of those cars.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #78
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
With it's enviromentally (not) friendly noisy two stroke.
Don't forget it also came with an analogue clock!!!!! :
Old 23-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #79
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ditto. There are just too many great cars being made today. People might classify me as "asian" but I enjoy the sound of RB engines as much as Boss engines.

My friends flipped out when they found out that I bought a Ford Fiesta instead of a Skyline R33 GTS-T... but hey, it's my money and no one in this world is powerful enough to control my money. Even in this forum, A LOT of people have the "if it's got less than 4.0l, it's a toy" attitude.

People need to respect other people's choices, no excuses. Unfortunately it's just how the world operates, people will box you with any categories they can think of.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #80
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to consider the high cost of fuel these days when choosing a car, but Festivas ARE chicks cars. Hell, I sold my SP23 to a chick and she could drive a manual.
Old 23-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #81
XRated
Shoot.

I don't know why people care what others think or say regarding other car brands. If you can appreciate all car brands; whether it's Holden, Lada or Daewoo, then that's fine and you can find solace knowing that the guy in front of you is hanging **** on anything from Holden.

I just can't see why it bothers some people so much... I can appreciate different cars too but if someone is one-eyed, then I couldn't give a rat's behind.

I don't like many things that Holden has brought out in the past couple of decades, although I can appreciate the sound of the injected 304, the power and potential of the LS1/LS2 engines - albeit Chevs - and I despise most of their design and engineering.

I don't like FWD cars so I wouldn't buy a Magna, and that's my choice. Can I appreciate they do decent times "stock"? Sure I can. Would I ever own one? No way.

Each to their own. If peoples' opinions and narrow-minded views bother you so much, you need to stop and ask yourself why these little things in life bother you so much. Just get over it.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #82
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

im a ford person but will also appreciate what other people do their cars. if i see a nicly keept holden driving around i tend not to bag them.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #83
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT
im a ford person but will also appreciate what other people do their cars. if i see a nicly keept holden driving around i tend not to bag them.
Pre- Commodore Holdens are nice cars if they have been looked after.
Actually, I don't mind the Brock cars or a Calais Director.
Old 23-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #84
HOON69
Banned

i like most makes and models,ppl wonder why their such a hatred between the groups and you only got to look at some replies to know why.

i appreciate workmanship and CGAF what type of car it is..

Ford at heart thats all that counts ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #85
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You have to consider the high cost of fuel these days when choosing a car, but Festivas ARE chicks cars..
Maybe they were, but I really don't care... the Fiestas are everything the Festivas are not.
Old 23-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #86
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Maybe they were, but I really don't care... the Fiestas are everything the Festivas are not.
I had a Festiva hahaha nothing like a Fiesta - new generation really.

The Festy was definitely a chic's car, but also a pov, single parent/student car! Cheap, reliable (mine was extremely so) etc...

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #87
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ######
I don't know why people care what others think or say. I just can't see why it bothers some people so much.

If peoples' opinions and narrow-minded views bother you so much, you need to stop and ask yourself why these little things in life bother you so much. Just get over it.
Exactly! I'm way over that. No one can tell what to do or how to react. Just have a look at the above post. I drive an auto Ford Fiesta... people straight away stereotype me. But I'm better than them... I dont get worked up over what people think of me and my choices, positive or negative. It's just irrelevant.

I was just stating my neutral observation that it's a shame how the world operates regarding narrowmindedness and sterotypes.
Old 23-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #88
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Festiva was a KIA
Old 23-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #89
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Festiva was a KIA
No more need be said. A Fiesta is a Ford, the Festiva wasn't.
Old 23-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #90
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Exactly! I'm way over that. No one can tell what to do or how to react. Just have a look at the above post.
I hope you didnt mean my post, above yours??? All I meant was that I had a Festy once, I bought it new and that it was a good car. And that I bought it because I was a chic and it was a chic kinda car.... (of course it is, it is marketed towards chics - so if you dont like stereotyping of people who drive small cars, look at the marketing to blame) AND I bought it because I was a single parent studying full time and couldnt afford to buy or run anything bigger and when I could, I bought a Falcon.

Im sorry if that offended anyone, it certainly wasnt meant to, and I was poking fun at myself more than anything... LOL. Lighten up people!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post