Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #61
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WHEELS Jan 2016 The Future of Ford Australia.

Come 2017 Chrysler's 300 will be the only reasonably priced big car in Australia. IF Chrysler can get their act together, the market is all theirs.!!!
Old 31-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #62
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Come 2017 Chrysler's 300 will be the only reasonably priced big car in Australia. IF Chrysler can get their act together, the market is all theirs.!!!
Yeah they might do 600 a month come 2018
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #63
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I blame dumb uneducated lazy Australians. 90% of the ford range is not only world class but class leading.....some developed n designed here!
Personally I see nothing wrong with the Ford advertisements I see. Better then ALOT of other stuff around! The falcon wasn't selling....rapidly going downhill well before all the whinging people going on about not enough falcon adverts!

Takes time to make changes in such a big company. And we DO often hear about ford and the different changes they are trying and bringing in! They certainly aren't doing nothing.......

Oh and a hot tip about slave labour car prices.......it don't matter where the car comes from.......the cars will get priced where ever they sit in the market.....not how much they cost to build
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #64
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Would expect better from a mod. However seeing as you went there you're the one who is being stupid. People don't want large sedans in enough numbers to warrant manufacturing them here. I really don't understand what people find so hard to understand?

It's simple- they aren't selling enough of them
Ok brainiac so no one wants large sedans any more
So share your wisdom with all of us and the ford sales and marketing department in explaining why none of their pregnant roller skates selling - did you miss the post detailing that ALL THEIR MODELS are going backwards in sales

Last edited by neptune blue; 31-12-2015 at 08:37 PM.
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #65
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I dont think what Im trying to say is that hard to undestand. 15 years ago Commodore and Falcon were combining for 15000 sales a month. Now they would be lucky to push 4000 together. People have moved on. Ford know this so aren't going to waste money on a dead car.

No offense but some people on here are living in a generation thats still in the 70s and dont have an idea of what most people buying or are interested in these days. Ford isnt turning their back on their customers they are just getting rid of a model that no one wants anymore.

As for me I run my own business and have been in the car industry for 15 years.
So Mr business man enlighten us and the ford sales and marketing department why ALL their cars aren't selling , including your festiva with the high heel storage basket ?
Old 31-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #66
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Its funny how many are critiquing Fords sales and then comparing it Holden, as traditionally has been the norm, and yet Holden's sales are also in decline. So dose that mean Ford should aim to have a sales decline the same as Holden then?

The problem for Holden is they are flogging a dead horse. Yes, Commodore sales are respectable.......for now. What happens at he end of 2017 and beyond when they wont be offering customers a Commodore sedan as we know it. Yes a there will be a replacement, but how many RWD V8 owners are going to rock up to a Holden dealer to trade their car in on a front wheel drive 4 cylinder? And this considering supposedly a 3rd of current sales are for V8. Hmmmm.

Ford on the other hand have moved on. Ok without Ranger their monthly numbers would look bad. But the Ranger isn't going to be killed in two years time. RWD and V8 will be Mustangs job. And there is a range of other segment class leaders with which to build from.

Ford have also open stated to have reduced their reliance on low profit fleet and rental business. Now I know that sounds like PR babble but it makes sense. Ten years ago Ford needed fleet volume to sustain a factory. That's no longer a issue for Ford. Many gush over the likes of how well Toyota and Hyundai are doing in the sales race and how "people" are relating to their products. Well to get the monthly numbers they are getting involves plenty of fleet, rental and "ghost" registrations. So in fact "people" aren't buying those cars, but large companies and dealers.

I find it amazing reading these threads, on a FORD forum, that there are so many negative comments and opinions by people who don't appear to read and study why a companies (Ford or otherwise) might make certain decisions and considerations.

Should Ford be doing better. Yes. But it appears they are altering their angle of attack to suit the changes that are looming. Holden on the other hand as going on as business as usual.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #67
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well they have decided not to sell to fleet. Interesting , we are a big fleet buyer of cars turning over cars every 3 years . Interesting to note that we buy holdens and toyotas (not commodores )

Only time will tell the the ford strategy is successful. As for bagging ford ,this is a forum and as a consumer and member I have the right to express my opinion regardless of the brand .

last time i checked we aren't living in Nazi germany and i have a democratic right to free speach and critique.

OMG I've criticised Ford Australia - send around the Gestapo!
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #68
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
So Mr business man enlighten us and the ford sales and marketing department why ALL their cars aren't selling , including your festiva with the high heel storage basket ?
I dont know how they will turn it around but the brand has a poor image in this country. Most of Fords models are at the top end in their class but people still aren't interested in them. Only Ranger. Everyone still has the "Ford sucks" attitude which I think has come from the Holden/Ford rivalry through the years. Maybe with both Commodore and Falcon disappearing it will help Fords image.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #69
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats right there is s ford suck mentality. How did that come about. Their own are turning on them. Why? The ford / holden rivalry has been there for 50 years so i cant see how that has anything to do with it. As for the cars being world class, i would know as there is nothing in their line up im interested in owning
The commodore brand is going to continue so it will be interesting how that fares beyond 2017

Personally I think my next daily is going to be a BMW , which will be the first none Australian built car Ive bought - very disappointing and sad
Old 01-01-2016, 02:36 AM   #70
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok brainiac so no one wants large sedans any more
So share your wisdom with all of us and the ford sales and marketing department in explaining why none of their pregnant roller skates selling - did you miss the post detailing that ALL THEIR MODELS are going backwards in sales
What do other model sales have to do with the fact Falcon doesn't sell enough to warrant manufacturing? Seriously, how is Fiesta relevant to Falcon?

Again just so it sinks in- they don't sell enough Falcons to manufacture them here!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #71
superyob
Banned

I am still a one eyed Ford supporter. There is no way I would shell out the money for anything with a Holden, Asian or European badge. I would rather drive second hand rubbish than contribute to those companies. So I bought a new Ford. It's just a pity that it wasn't an Aussie Ford as that is a dead end path...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #72
elgt146
315-TUF

Ford Falcon 4 cylinder was worth every bit of investment.
Who ever green lighted that should be booted.
elgt146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #73
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgt146 View Post
Ford Falcon 4 cylinder was worth every bit of investment.
Who ever green lighted that should be booted.
The only reason they did it was for the $40,000,000 the government handed to them under some green incentive scheme I think.

I think it was a good idea but you actually need to market it, maybe it would have made sense years before when the Falcon was actually selling something.

Obviously the 2L Ecoboost engine didn't even exist back then but I'm sure the 2.5L I5T the Focus XR5T had would have shoehorned into the Falcon alright as the small 'green' engine option.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #74
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably should have called the 4 cyl Falcon something else and put a different front and rear end on it like the Camry/Aurion.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #75
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Probably should have called the 4 cyl Falcon something else and put a different front and rear end on it like the Camry/Aurion.
Cortina ???
Old 01-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #76
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Ford Pigeon
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #77
nstg8a

Would have been a good time To use the fusion badge.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 06:23 PM   #78
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
What do other model sales have to do with the fact Falcon doesn't sell enough to warrant manufacturing? Seriously, how is Fiesta relevant to Falcon?

Again just so it sinks in- they don't sell enough Falcons to manufacture them here!
If you took the time to read ALL the posts, another forum member is saying that the falcon is dead because no body wants them and their world class range of Tampons on wheels are going to lead the way . I mearly stated the fact that most of those cars are going backwards in sales.

So before posting something how about you get a bit of background on the discussion first
Old 01-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #79
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
If you took the time to read ALL the posts, another forum member is saying that the falcon is dead because no body wants them and their world class range of Tampons on wheels are going to lead the way . I mearly stated the fact that most of those cars are going backwards in sales.

So before posting something how about you get a bit of background on the discussion first
Nice looking high horse you're on. I think you might be in need of that tampon you're obsessed about.

In any case, if you want to look at sales numbers, then have a look at the car leading the sales chart. It sells a lot less than the top seller did 10 years go and again 10 years before. Ford may be having issues with their range but no one manufacturer is dominating the sales anymore. The market is so diverse that it has been distributed across a number of models over numerous brands.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #80
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Falcon did recover from the AU. BA and BF were a hit success and with BAs Production could not keep up with demand. Not to mention the territory released at the same time was an instant success. If Broadmeadows was pumping as many cars as they did in 2003 and 2004 now, the falcon would be going great. When the FG came along the market had unfortunately moved on even though the FG is undoubtedly the best falcon ever made and 400 times better than any BA or BF.

Many things are responsible for killing the falcon and automotive manufacturing in Australia. The simple fact of cheap imports and that Australia is such a multicultural country with a complete lack of patriotism. This means that vast majority couldn't care less if they buy an imported car instead of an Australian built one. They don't care if they hurt the employment of Australian's and manufacturing in the country as long as they save a couple of dollars.

The fact that the market has also completely moved on. Unfortunately the large sedan is no longer king on the roads. They are now littered with ugly imported dual cab utes, SUVs and small hatchbacks.

Along with many other reasons, in which i can be bothered ranting on about it. All i know is that my family did their bit to support the Falcon, but more importantly, support Australian employment and manufacturing which most can't say the same.... Personally, i will be happy still driving my falcon long beyond 2016.
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #81
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post
The Falcon did recover from the AU. BA and BF were a hit success and with BAs Production could not keep up with demand. Not to mention the territory released at the same time was an instant success. If Broadmeadows was pumping as many cars as they did in 2003 and 2004 now, the falcon would be going great. When the FG came along the market had unfortunately moved on even though the FG is undoubtedly the best falcon ever made and 400 times better than any BA or BF.

Many things are responsible for killing the falcon and automotive manufacturing in Australia. The simple fact of cheap imports and that Australia is such a multicultural country with a complete lack of patriotism. This means that vast majority couldn't care less if they buy an imported car instead of an Australian built one. They don't care if they hurt the employment of Australian's and manufacturing in the country as long as they save a couple of dollars.

The fact that the market has also completely moved on. Unfortunately the large sedan is no longer king on the roads. They are now littered with ugly imported dual cab utes, SUVs and small hatchbacks.

Along with many other reasons, in which i can be bothered ranting on about it. All i know is that my family did their bit to support the Falcon, but more importantly, support Australian employment and manufacturing which most can't say the same.... Personally, i will be happy still driving my falcon long beyond 2016.
Well said.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #82
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

blowing over posts in this thread

you are very angry

sell me the coupe and move on with life
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #83
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post

Agreed. But why are Commodore sales so much better than the Falcon???
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Ford Pigeon
Ford Tampon
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #85
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Agreed. But why are Commodore sales so much better than the Falcon???
Holden packed the latest model with a fair bit of tech. That would appeal to some buyers. Also Holden has had a much bigger following than Ford for the last 20-30 years so there are still quite a few diehards buying the SS and HSVs. Not sure if Commodore is still going to fleets or not.

Doesn't really matter though next year its gone and will be replaced most likely by some GM built Camry. People saying Ford has given up on the Falcon have forgotten Holden basically has given up too. Only a year later.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #86
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Holden packed the latest model with a fair bit of tech. That would appeal to some buyers. Also Holden has had a much bigger following than Ford for the last 20-30 years so there are still quite a few diehards buying the SS and HSVs. Not sure if Commodore is still going to fleets or not.

Doesn't really matter though next year its gone and will be replaced most likely by some GM built Camry. People saying Ford has given up on the Falcon have forgotten Holden basically has given up too. Only a year later.
Ford gave up, Toyota and Holden's hand's were forced by government financial policy's
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #87
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Im depressed
I just realized i drive an ugly fg turbo tampon
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:37 PM   #88
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well keep on plugging away
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #89
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds View Post
Ford gave up, Toyota and Holden's hand's were forced by government financial policy's
They are all closing for the same reason. None can consistently make money here.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #90
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont View Post
Well keep on plugging away
No strings attached
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: