Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #61
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Racist attack on QLD train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Mate you have one massive chip on your shoulder....hope it works for you.
Go work for your self and find out what it's like in the real world, with cunning vultures all around you, sure they are nice to you up front and even real real nice but it's them you want to look out for, I have found.

If you don't stand up for your rights you are up the creek, with out a paddle boy and no one will come to your aid, I can tell you that straight out.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #62
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Wouldn't hurt the Judge to do some time in such a community as well he may just come down to realty.

It was just a young kid that could not handle his grog like a lot of fools do nowadays. and they don't get the cane at school, so what do you expect.

I see kids spinning moronic behaviour on the trains or pubs etc all the time and that's nothing worth bothering with as I would be happy coming home late at night if that's all that went on.
Things like so have been done millions of times before, I don't see what the big deal is all about with some snotty nosed brat kid who could not punch his way out of a wet paper bag.

No one was hurt or threated or bashed by a gang or hospitalised.

Try being a cop and see the crap they have to deal with day in day out..

I could not give a rats what someone said about my race at all, be it true or false, especially from a weedy drunk kid.
the problem is mate , young kids end up being adults, if this little ***** got away with it, imagine what he`d be like in a few years.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #63
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Go work for your self and find out what it's like in the real world, with cunning vultures all around you, sure they are nice to you up front and even real real nice but it's them you want to look out for, I have found.

If you don't stand up for your rights you are up the creek, with out a paddle boy and no one will come to your aid, I can tell you that straight out.
Mate what the hell is the point you're trying to make?

This thread is about a dead set drop kick treating a poor bloke like absolute **** for over 5 minutes just for doing his job. It's not about how tough your skin is because you're self employed. It has nothing to do with how you and your associates conduct business.

Maybe you should just relax a bit and lose the cynicism that everyone is out to get you. And leaving a bar with a clenched fist and on alert that everyone is about to jump you is just asking for trouble.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #64
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
This is where I also think year 11 and 12 students should spend at least a significant portion of their final years of school learning about real life. Not a few hours every other month. Yes the parents should also be teaching this however in my small time as a father what you try and teach your kids immediately gets undone by childcares, primary and secondary schools.

Things like;
- paying tax
- writing resumes for work
- what does happen if you are on the wrong side of the law
- loans and credit and what happens if you don't pay it
- Jury duty call ups
- if you end up with a criminal record how much better off are you for the rest your life?
- Wills and legal ramifications if you die and don't have one
- Making significant purchases (cars, houses)

Who can honestly say in their day to day job they use the pythagoras theorem or why they need to remember the 14th Australian Prime Minister or what elements make up plastic/s?

Teach them real life and I'm sure it will go a long way toward turning the next generation better. Well, fingers and toes crossed.
I use Pythagoras theorem and I need to know the composition of a variety of materials.

School isn't there to teach you about how to life. That's what parents, society and experience are for.
Not only that, but some of those are actually covered in some subjects, at least they were in high school for me. The rest my mum taught me. (and she taught me about life outside of finances, like how, money really isn't everything and it isn't the be all and end all if you make a mistake,financially or otherwise)
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #65
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post
The young guy's name who committed the attack is Abdel-Kader Russell-Boumzar. Does this sound like the name of someone who should be committing a racist slur?
Yes, the "Russell" part

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #66
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAK302 View Post
off topic, but interesting to note that the list here is all financial. it's a damn shame that society has instilled in us that the most inportant things in "real life" apparently are finances.
Unfortunately its what makes the world go round and does control a large part of your life.
Old 16-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #67
Itsme
Experienced Member

Nothing new here with this story of racist attack, I use to work for the Victorian public transport over twenty years ago, happened then & will keep on happening now.
Blame the parents, blame the system as it is all around you with bigotry being rife in our society.

My 2 cents worth on the subject.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #68
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

We also need to keep in mind that Australia certainly isnt the only country where it happens..many worse, many better..but as society we can start to not tolerate it as much.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #69
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's with all the spineless do gooder people on here? Who cares if it happens on a regular basis? Why should it be ignored then? That kind of **** has no place in this day and age. It is downright wrong and should be dealt with every time. Harshly.

And so what if he didn't physically harm someone? What if the guard has personal issues or has received racial slurs on a regular occasion and he develops depression, and in turn that effects him and his family? Does it mean he should change jobs? No. At least he has a ******* job. Maybe he enjoys being a public servant, why should he have to change jobs to avoid racial slurs? Anyone who thinks that little scumbag should get off lightly is ****in dreaming. Dude needs a flogging. Two wrongs do make a right in these instances.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #70
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gotta love some of the posts on here inciting violence against the offender, yet in the same breath it's intolerable to verbally abuse someone. How would bashing him be the answer? What would it achieve?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #71
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
Gotta love some of the posts on here inciting violence against the offender, yet in the same breath it's intolerable to verbally abuse someone. How would bashing him be the answer? What would it achieve?
I do sort of hear where you're coming from mate.

This DH needs to be taught a lesson, you cannot treat another person like that because of their race/colour/origin.

In the same breath I feel many "white" or "European" Aussies in the same job as "Joe" cop crap every day throughout their jobs.

What happened to common decency and manners? I don't put my feet up on the opposing seat, don't recline my seat on an airplane without asking the person behind first.

FFS, what is wrong with people these days?

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #72
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
This is where I also think year 11 and 12 students should spend at least a significant portion of their final years of school learning about real life. Not a few hours every other month. Yes the parents should also be teaching this however in my small time as a father what you try and teach your kids immediately gets undone by childcares, primary and secondary schools.
Things like;
- paying tax
- writing resumes for work
- what does happen if you are on the wrong side of the law
- loans and credit and what happens if you don't pay it
- Jury duty call ups
- if you end up with a criminal record how much better off are you for the rest your life?
- Wills and legal ramifications if you die and don't have one
- Making significant purchases (cars, houses)

Who can honestly say in their day to day job they use the pythagoras theorem or why they need to remember the 14th Australian Prime Minister or what elements make up plastic/s?

Teach them real life and I'm sure it will go a long way toward turning the next generation better. Well, fingers and toes crossed.
I am quite happy to debate with you on how I disagree with your post if you start another thread topic...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #73
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

The insight into the scrawny little dweebs psyche is scary. Not sure he could be re engineered that one, seems his racism is engrained much much more than his age would suggest possible. Role model failure of the highest order. Family unit influence coming through strong.

Composure demonstrated by the recipient of the abuse, and fellow passengers is commendable. I come from an upbringing where such verbal attack would result in one outcome, right or wrong, that level of disrespect and bigotry would have resulted in a citizens arrest and all the 'physical restraint' such action requires.

The behaviour demonstrated by that racist runt is appalling, inexcusable and totally unacceptable in any society. Deserving of swift and strong consequences.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #74
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I am quite happy to debate with you on how I disagree with your post if you start another thread topic...
Nah not up for high horse keyboard bashing, lets keep it on topic.

My post does seem off topic there with what you bolded and ignored the rest, however I can assure you it was on topic based in the direction the thread was heading in, anyways, please see above regular font sentence for any other queries
Old 17-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #75
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
What's with all the spineless do gooder people on here? Who cares if it happens on a regular basis? Why should it be ignored then? That kind of **** has no place in this day and age. It is downright wrong and should be dealt with every time. Harshly.

And so what if he didn't physically harm someone? What if the guard has personal issues or has received racial slurs on a regular occasion and he develops depression, and in turn that effects him and his family? Does it mean he should change jobs? No. At least he has a ******* job. Maybe he enjoys being a public servant, why should he have to change jobs to avoid racial slurs? Anyone who thinks that little scumbag should get off lightly is ****in dreaming. Dude needs a flogging. Two wrongs do make a right in these instances.
Who going to do the flogging? the guard, doubt it as why jeopardize your job for some low life scum!
If the scum had acted violently then different matter.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #76
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo View Post
Mate what the hell is the point you're trying to make?

This thread is about a dead set drop kick treating a poor bloke like absolute **** for over 5 minutes just for doing his job. It's not about how tough your skin is because you're self employed. It has nothing to do with how you and your associates conduct business.

Maybe you should just relax a bit and lose the cynicism that everyone is out to get you. And leaving a bar with a clenched fist and on alert that everyone is about to jump you is just asking for trouble.
Who said anything about a clenched fist, that is only your opinion and it's totally wrong, the point is that one had to be ready for the monkeys who attacked for any reason at all, be it your money or just some moron looking for a fight.
I find that if that is all this man had to deal with on a train with a little wimp no threating be it drunk or high nerd kid, who could not punch his way out of a wet paper bag.
It must of been his worst nightmare that kid

Try coming home crying to the wife about that pfft or what about if someone tried to stab you or a mob tried to bash you or some demented fool tried to steal your gun before you locked him up or coming home after seeing people killed in a road smash and having to deal with that.
Try having drunken mob call you a pig and all the rest day in day out.

Last edited by castellan; 20-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 20-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #77
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Who said anything about a clenched fist, that is only your opinion and it is totally wrong, the point is that one had to be ready for the monkeys who attacked for any reason at all, be it your money or just some moron looking for a fight.
I find that if that if that is all this man had to deal with on a train with a little wimp, no threating drunk or high nerd kid who could not punch his way out of a wet paper bag.
It must of been his worst night mare that kid

Try coming home crying to the wife about that pfft or what about if someone tried to stab you or a mob tried to bash you or some demented fool tried to steal your gun before you locked him up or coming home after seeing people killed in a road smash and having to deal with that.
I must admit that I find it hard to follow the logic of your posts. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #78
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I must admit that I find it hard to follow the logic of your posts. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...
Try dealing with one or the other bro.
A non threating situation with a p ant.
You must be mad to bring such trivia even up, I would of just forgot about it in 10 seconds.
Sticks and stones, but names ? from a drunk boy if that's all one has to worry about you must be living the dream.
Old 20-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #79
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Try dealing with one or the other bro.
A non threating situation with a p ant.
You must be mad to bring such trivia even up, I would of just forgot about it in 10 seconds.
Sticks and stones, but names ? from a drunk boy if that's all one has to worry about you must be living the dream.
I think you'll find that the guard did 'forget about it'.

It's only when his stupid mate decided to post it on FB that it all hit the fan.
Old 20-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #80
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I think you'll find that the guard did 'forget about it'.

It's only when his stupid mate decided to post it on FB that it all hit the fan.
I know the guard did. who did not know that.

Thing is that todays freaky brain washed Nazi Political Correct world like to rant and go about such as like making mountains out of mole hills, and we are all shocked and stunned about it all.
Australia is getting as stupid as the yanks, I think I will go watch Opera winfree and days of our lives now. not to mention that other sickening show where they carry on about there wives or girl friend etc