Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #61
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2.9% worked!

I was in the sales office yes, for a long time, like I said I was waiting for a long time for a job to be done. I had plenty of time to observe the goings on. He was quite enthusiastic about the diesel territory but every time he mentioned it he also mentioned it will be gone when the Falcon goes.. Not very confidence building in the customer.

How about go and asked a dealer about the future of the Falcon and see what they say to you. It wasn't just that particular salesman everyone that worked there were saying the same kinds of things all day, it was all very downbeat and depressed really. You guys are quite the muppets if you think I'm telling you some kind of joke.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam View Post
Joe I was in the dealer for a long time waiting for a timing belt change to be done on our car and the salesman was sitting down with prospective customers, people that obviously already had a relationship with this guy and had bought cars from him in the past. But as they asked and he explained the situation with the Falcon the conversation changed into more of a well that's a pity... talk and then they started talking about Mondeos or waiting to see what the replacement for the Falcon will be. They all went from being enthused (but concerned over Falcon ending stories) to not enthused at all.
One question, could the Falcon inquiries have been for stationwagons?
It might be that you overheard some of the story but not all of it..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #63
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What Stationwagon...... the people coming in were in there asking about the Falcon and or Territory and that's what they were being told.

Imagine you go into your Ford dealer and you said you were interested in a new car, but heard the Falcon was being cut.

The salesman then tells you it's impossible to sell at the moment and can't see it continuing past 2014 and that the ecoboost version was a dud. Then saying it's a pity because the Territory diesel is a great machine but that will go too. Then talking about Taurus's from the states. That's the general idea of everything they were saying right through from sales to service to spare parts. It was in ground into the whole place. All the potential customers were having a talk and then going oh ok.. having a think and then saying thank you and leaving.

If Ford are keeping the Falcon they better make it damm clear to the public and dealers that's the case because the rumours alone at this point are stopping people from buying AND selling the cars.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
What Stationwagon...... the people coming in were in there asking about the Falcon and or Territory and that's what they were being told.
Those people may not have known that Falcon station wagon was discontinued, especially if they were asking about Falcon _______ and Territory.

Quote:
Imagine you go into your Ford dealer and you said you were interested in a new car, but heard the Falcon was being cut.

The salesman then tells you it's impossible to sell at the moment and can't see it continuing past 2014 and that the ecoboost version was a dud. Then saying it's a pity because the Territory diesel is a great machine but that will go too. Then talking about Taurus's from the states.
Did you actually hear the salesperson say those things or are you proposing a hypothetical situation?
If the salesperson has said anything like your proposing and you told the dealer Principle, that person would be fired on the spot.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #65
ShootsWithFilm

Quote:
snip....Then talking about Taurus's from the states. That's the general idea of everything they were saying right through from sales to service to spare parts. It was in ground into the whole place. All the potential customers were having a talk and then going oh ok.. having a think and then saying thank you and leaving.

If Ford are keeping the Falcon they better make it damm clear to the public and dealers that's the case because the rumours alone at this point are stopping people from buying AND selling the cars.
At least the Taurus looks half decent now!

I must admit I did get a similar feeling while at a Ford dealership last weekend, but not to the degree that they wouldn't sell me one though!
ShootsWithFilm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #66
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
If that is true that is a bloody joke. By dealership do you mean a salesperson? I would follow that up with the DP... That person doesn't deserve the job...

I wonder.... Perhaps Ford should invest in 'mystery shoppers' like so many other service orientated businesses... May clean up some of the rot.
I would be happy to do it for ford

I have heard of a few people getting the same response from a few dealers as well

not good really from a sales point of view

oh and I would do it for free as the only reason I am not currently driving a ford is they didnt offer what I needed in the price range I needed

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You guys are quite the muppets if you think I'm telling you some kind of joke.
Go away troll, I've just lost patience with you.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #68
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you could be grasping at straws with the station wagon idea and being way too defensive jpd.

Why would a guy who's been a forum member for 7 years suddenly become 'troll like'?

Fact is, they said similar to me, and it seems, indirectly, to others.

No reason to lie - we all love the brand.
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
The Snout

The enquiries may have been for the hardtop and panel van next. Spin on.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #70
notty1978
NOTTY

Maybe should have ask the right dealer...lol..
White,Green,Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by colloz View Post
You had to be quick with the Turbo utes. I was after a white one and couldn't get one, ended up with Kinetic.
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #71
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Go away troll, I've just lost patience with you.

How about a dealer who says no warranty on replacement parts because Ford paid for them as part of warranty so you aren't entitled to one? That one happened last year.

Staff who don't know anything about the cars and believe half truths about them are so common as really not worth mentioning. Everyone has a story to tell on that.

Some of you on here are quite precious about Ford, to an extent of abusing those who don't tell you what fits your reality distortion field. No, what that guy saw should never have happened, but its entirely believe-able. Calling him a troll is simply a cop out.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 03-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #72
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I would not be suprised at all if that happened.

The general public has excepted it as fact that the Falcon is finished soon, and unless Ford try to do something to assure the public that it's not the case people will stay away from it in droves.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #73
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I would not be suprised at all if that happened.

The general public has excepted it as fact that the Falcon is finished soon, and unless Ford try to do something to assure the public that it's not the case people will stay away from it in droves.
I agree.. Brand "Falcon" is becoming worthless.. Truely WORTHLESS..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Its probably dragging the rest of the Ford range down with it, but buggered if Ford seem to care. I think they have accepted that there will be another all new Falcon post 2017 and there's nothing they can do about it, unless by some miracle they can share a RWD platform or export.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #75
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
I was in the sales office yes, for a long time, like I said I was waiting for a long time for a job to be done. I had plenty of time to observe the goings on. He was quite enthusiastic about the diesel territory but every time he mentioned it he also mentioned it will be gone when the Falcon goes.. Not very confidence building in the customer.

How about go and asked a dealer about the future of the Falcon and see what they say to you. It wasn't just that particular salesman everyone that worked there were saying the same kinds of things all day, it was all very downbeat and depressed really. You guys are quite the muppets if you think I'm telling you some kind of joke.
What is the name of the dealer?

What a shame that such a positive thread turned to crap too. Guess it wouldn't be AFF if it didn't.

PS My mate a Ford new car sales manager said that the enquiry generated by the 2.9% was fantastic. NSW has an offer for the continuation of it too.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #76
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it on topic and not personal.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #77
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First, Apologies to greenfoam, this stuff really galls me.

I just don't believe that one bad report of salesperson activity is indicative of all the other hard working dealerships,
I know a few Ford sales staff and I guarantee you the opinions expressed above are not a reflection of the rest..
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #78
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm wondering why there are people buying their kids cars, they should buy their own or at least be paying you back.

Would have been great to convince the OM to get into a replacement for his Avalon. Lots of talk two years back about a new GS eventuated to nothing, but I know he would love a new car and 2.9 would swing it for him. Might have to take a day off and swing past adrien Brian next week.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #79
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

So long as Ford is making money out of the deal, it's great. No point selling cars for 0 profits. Toyota can get away with it better as interest rates in Japan make ours look like credit card rates. So globally Toyota can fund it relatively easily. Holden and Ford may be in a different boat, depending on where their funding is coming from.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #80
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin' View Post
I'm wondering why there are people buying their kids cars, they should buy their own or at least be paying you back.

Would have been great to convince the OM to get into a replacement for his Avalon. Lots of talk two years back about a new GS eventuated to nothing, but I know he would love a new car and 2.9 would swing it for him. Might have to take a day off and swing past adrien Brian next week.
You know they pick the nursing home you end up at right?

No I wanted her in a good car safe reliable car and she will be paying half.
It was easier for us to organise this than her, we didnt know how long this deal was going to be around.
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8