Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #61
Nappa
Impressive...

i had my drive day today, and was very impressed with the range, particualy how we stack up against a commodore. In every test we did the falcon sedans and utes out breaked, handled and controlled the omega.
The Sports Eurp pack for $250 is great value
Old 18-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #62
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I think it's time for me to take one for a test drive then.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #63
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Took a BFII EGAS XL ute for a test drive (column shift 3-seater).

Interior looks the same .... I think the ICC colour isn't the green anymore though ... I didn't look too hard at it.

Cabin insulation is good (even for the rubber floored version) ... damn quiet.
Handling seems tighter on the utes now ... and less harshness as well ... was impressed with that. Less driveline harshness as well.

I liked the look of the front on them ... me thinks with the optioned fog lights it'd look better in the lower models ... the lower bumper section looks better than BF I IMHO.

Oh ... starter motor sounds MUCH quiter as well ... you can barely hear the EGAS engine crank over (unlike BA models I have heard).

Overall ... for the BASE model (pre-delivery plastics still through it) ute ... it was very nice indeed.

Time to trade the AU in me thinks
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post