Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #61
gozza

man what a waste of money and time...damn commercial corporations enforcin appaulin transformations....who the hell needs 3 20" screens in 1 car...who the hell wants to play pool on a cutdown SMALL table...who the hell wants smoke pouring out of ther engine....anyone who sees that would be like damn dude...your engines in bad shape....
i was hoping they were gonna restore the fairlane...work the engine put in some cool little things and so be it......i hope the people realise there adding mass weight to unmoddified snails
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #62
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

When they ditched the idea of modding the fairlane I was disapointed. But after seeing what they do to cars I understand why they didnt do it.

RE: The pool table. It didnt look like it had any sort of stabalisation gear under it. So good luck finding an exactly level place to park and play.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #63
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

Not Everyone is about speed and power. Some people just like to have a car that they can cruise in. As people have said, they do work to the motor, u just don't see it, and the guys that are on the show, are the ones that work on the car. It may not be for everyone, but its certainly not crap tv.
Old 14-11-2005, 12:36 PM   #64
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6turbo
Not Everyone is about speed and power. Some people just like to have a car that they can cruise in. As people have said, they do work to the motor, u just don't see it, and the guys that are on the show, are the ones that work on the car. It may not be for everyone, but its certainly not crap tv.
No it certainly is crap TV.

I get to see some "has been never will be whatever gangster rapper" stagger around while his platoon of rice monkeys install TV's and sub woofers into every orrifice of the car, a shiney pair of chrome wheels with tyres more expensive then my house payments and then an army of electric motors guaranteed to drain the battery with a single operation, then stand around givin "respect" to the team and to the new owner who thinks the car is great even though its the colour of a mobile hangover, but will only get carjacked 100 feet down the road, and im supposed to fall to me knees and praise god for such insigtful programming.....

You are right, some people arent about speed and power.

We call them commodore drivers.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #65
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Id like to know how the new owner. If he cant pay to have the car fixed up before the homies come in. How is he supposed to replace those tyres with a new set. He would probably have to sell the car cos it would be well out of his price range.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #66
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
Id like to know how the new owner. If he cant pay to have the car fixed up before the homies come in. How is he supposed to replace those tyres with a new set. He would probably have to sell the car cos it would be well out of his price range.
He sells crack and women just like a real pimp to fund the car maintainence.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #67
niko
likes falcon's

PIMP MY RIDE UK AIIIIIII with a white presenter, its just F@RKED! lol

atleast xzibit is actin himself. he's a payed entertainer, thats a "singer" to. lol
Old 14-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #68
gozza

yeah well i was thinking whats gonna happen with its come to tax time...insurance....all those fang dangled things probly will start malfunctioning in no time...half of these punks probly will abuse the cars anwyas...paint jobs will turn bad etc etc....whats up with flames...i reckong flmaes only work on hotrods....
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #69
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
No it certainly is crap TV.

I get to see some "has been never will be whatever gangster rapper" stagger around while his platoon of rice monkeys install TV's and sub woofers into every orrifice of the car, a shiney pair of chrome wheels with tyres more expensive then my house payments and then an army of electric motors guaranteed to drain the battery with a single operation, then stand around givin "respect" to the team and to the new owner who thinks the car is great even though its the colour of a mobile hangover, but will only get carjacked 100 feet down the road, and im supposed to fall to me knees and praise god for such insigtful programming.....

You are right, some people arent about speed and power.

We call them commodore drivers.
Um .. except for the bit about Commodore drivers (SV8 owner here), I agree 100%. I was *hoping* something interesting might show up. For me that something interesting was ONLY seeing the rattey old Fairlane blasting up the back streets of LA. The whole thing is exercise in excess .. bit I suppose that's TV isn't it? "Cool" cars have many LCD screens, amps, spas, pool-tables etc? Call me old fashioned, but I'd either take a nice resto-modded '63 Fairlane ('charged 5.0 and AOD) .. or for something "austentatious" and modern (spelling?) maybe a BA GT with those wild stripes!!!
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #70
Nappa
Impressive...

g'day guys

im new to the site, i managed to catch most of pimp my ride and while i did enjoy seeing the transformations, i would like to see a show that concentrated more on restoring great aussie cars like early model monaro's GT's and chargers. I for one prefer stock standard factory options like gt or rt decals instead of huge rims. but i guess you'd have to admit that the guys at mtv are pretty generous as they spend a lot of money on the cars.

cheers
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #71
big_pete
Sublime

the UK version is a crack up!!

i swear ALI G has taken his whole routine from the host!!!
its so damn funny!

"its mad wicked yo"

you cant really compare PimpMR with Rides or overhaulin or american hot rod.
its aimed at a completely different market.

Pimp my ride is a good show, but i wouldnt be taking to many ideas from them as half the stuff they do is illegal in australia
Old 14-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #72
HOON69
Banned

wish they'd come pimp my pajero :

anyways rides and american hot rod OCC etc all P*SS on pimp my ride but its still good to watch how they turn POS into something (even if its riced)

i watch em all good old mtv and discovery channel ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #73
HOON69
Banned

pimp my ride has been OWNED BY the POL POL before for some of their modifications some illegal in the US etc
mainly the setup etc of monitors etc i wonder why, :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #74
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Off topic Does anyone know when overhaulin is on? I watched it once on a sunday & haven't seen it again.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post