Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #61
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To all concerned

I am writing this in response to what has been written about the police in the chelthenam,moorabbin and caulifield areas.

I have a relative that works in this area, my wife and I are not impressed with this negativity crap towards police in this area based on the original discussion by Sundeep, nor the accusations raised in general towards police
I would expect children to display this negativity towards the police and not from mature people from this club, basically it needs to stops as the forums are open to public scrutiny, your only embarrassing yourselves and the club.
The police serve a purpose in our society, and like any employer are subject to directions given by management, however at the end of the day, should the need arise, you would be first to call on them.
Please respect the fact that we have friends and family that are police, and that sundeep should be taking his issue directly with the station involved.

jason & helen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #62
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*yawn
Old 05-06-2006, 11:19 PM   #63
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
*yawn

Car to elaborate on such a well thought out post?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:22 PM   #64
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
To all concerned

I am writing this in response to what has been written about the police in the chelthenam,moorabbin and caulifield areas.

I have a relative that works in this area, my wife and I are not impressed with this negativity crap towards police in this area based on the original discussion by Sundeep, nor the accusations raised in general towards police
I would expect children to display this negativity towards the police and not from mature people from this club, basically it needs to stops as the forums are open to public scrutiny, your only embarrassing yourselves and the club.
The police serve a purpose in our society, and like any employer are subject to directions given by management, however at the end of the day, should the need arise, you would be first to call on them.
Please respect the fact that we have friends and family that are police, and that sundeep should be taking his issue directly with the station involved.

jason & helen
Your post raises barly one decent point.

Negativity is aimed at one police member in question(well, atleast by mebers who have 1/2 a brain). If you believe this reflects badly on the whole police force, your dead right. How does the problem get fixed? Sort out aparent idiot cops like this.

No one has disputed the fact that Police provide a valuable service.

Directions from management mean absolulty nothing in situations such as this. I'll gaurentee you that no management said "now, yell at them, call them X, Y and Z, and criminaly damage their vehicles." In the end, individual officers are responsible for their own actions.

This forum is open to public scrutiny, as is the police force. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Respect is only achieved through transperency.

Respect that people have family in the police force? So, theres a bad egg in the force, but because people may be related to a COMPLETLY DIFFRENT OFFICER, we can not discuss the subject, or make comments regarding situations such as happened with Sundeep?

I can understand your frustration, however, you must accept that it is an unfortunate fact that the view on police is VERY distorted by the actions of a few rougue cops. It is in the Police's best intrest to weed these people from the force.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #65
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Jason, Sunny's opening post was regarding one particular officer who abused him, and he's seeking advice about what to do.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #66
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Car to elaborate on such a well thought out post?

The speech about the "negativity" towards police, how we are only embarrassing ourselves, how its a public forum but we shouldnt speak our minds etc etc.

Its not really necessary is it? The policeman was obviously out of line. There has been no mention of any E series club member taking part in burnouts or behaviour that the club disapproves of.

Sunny has taken this up with the police and only asked if anyone else witness or experienced the same behaviour from the policeman.

edit: The other Dan pretty much summed up my thoughts.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:31 PM   #67
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can i ask

did i mention that sunny had a problem with the police in general no i did not

what i did say was that all the other people no names mentioned that had bagged the police in those areas should stop it

END QUOTE

hope this clears my stance on this

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #68
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

My bad, I read the following portion of your post from a different light:

Quote:
...my wife and I are not impressed with this negativity crap towards police in this area based on the original discussion by Sundeep...
Old 05-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #69
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
The speech about the "negativity" towards police, how we are only embarrassing ourselves, how its a public forum but we shouldnt speak our minds etc etc.

Its not really necessary is it? The policeman was obviously out of line. There has been no mention of any E series club member taking part in burnouts or behaviour that the club disapproves of.

Sunny has taken this up with the police and only asked if anyone else witness or experienced the same behaviour from the policeman.
The point being made against the generalisation of police not the officer in question, but that's not the point is it? don't like censorship I dare say is.

Yes it is necessary, its as simple as that, don't like it - suck it in - Tuff luck.

The edit I had to take out of xd5.8l reply was a classic example of this, efgia's reply is no better.

If you fail to see this then the point is clearly made.

Thankfully you have people like Walkinshaw and Effalcon, and from what I have heard, Sundeep who either have a level head on these forums or on cruises trying to deal with this attitude.

Not to say this is a common theme either, but the whingers are.

As far as the admin are concerned, this attitude will not be tolerated either, and if you want to take the forums off the Xmas card list, do so.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #70
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

slightly off topic but not totally..
did you all know that F***ing is no longer a bad word in the eyes of legislation....??

You can say it under most circumstances now, which amazed me...

sorry, back to topic

Sundeep I really hope you do pursue this issue as it does affect every single Police Officer everywhere...

Good luck with it and remember if you let it go then that officer will get away with it.. once you make an official complaint it does have to be followed up.
Find out the Police Commissioner's Office number and speak to someone there.. You make a complaint at the top I can guarantee the officer will not ever abuse anyone whilst wearing the uniform again...
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #71
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
did you all know that F***ing is no longer a bad word in the eyes of legislation....??

You can say it under most circumstances now, which amazed me...
I was not aware of that! Thanks for the info
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #72
EFFalcon
Last warning

i'd be interested to see how a cop reacted if you refered to him as "A F***ing cop*
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 06-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #73
frost
Banned

Hi Sundeep I just noticed this post

Tommorow I will have a speak to someone in Ethical Standards about what you can do (I live next door to a sargent who works in ESD, am good friends), that behavior is not acceptable.

There is making a point and making a point, that police officer is one of the reasons there is alot of negitivity. He is one of the reasons why the "kids" of today, treat the other officers like crap. Because they get the mentalilty "all cops are the same" Hell I have a few friends and family in the force and they are "we will treat them the way they treat us" if you talk to coppers, like it appears you talked to the sargent they will talk to you back, show them a bit of respect and they will show you some.

It may be worth to take it up with ESD, you just need another person

But best of luck, and I hope that you dont see the actions of this copper will be the same actions of all the rest
Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #74
xd5.8l
Banned

I've had a senior seargent in a ss commo do 200kmh+ past me and then book me for going 15 kmh over the limit at the next set of lights.

I've lost 3 demerit points and $200 dollar fine for not having a rear bumper, I still had my number plate dangling off the rear though. I put the bumper on a few hours later, which is what I tried to tell the D%@k but wouldn't listen.

This bust up was the final straw!!! I don't deserve to be spoken to like a dog, putting on the uniform doesn't make you invincible you know.
My mate went to the canberra academy, worked for the feds in melbourne. He told me that corruption within the force federal/state is rampant and that the guys at the academy are ex military meat heads.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:20 AM   #75
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
i'd be interested to see how a cop reacted if you refered to him as "A F***ing cop*
You aren't allowed to use it as a descriptive word for a person from memory..
whatever that means
Also it depends where you use it (at a pub is fine, on a street is not)

I will look for the legislation.. I have it in one of my Justice Folders lol
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #76
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

edit woops
Old 06-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #77
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
He told me that corruption within the force federal/state is rampant
What relevance does this have to defecting cars? Are people buying defect notices under the table so they don't have to line up for them?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #78
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
set up a weekend thing somewere free of charge,
Why free of charge? Surely if there were enough people interested you could go to somewhere to do burnouts, skids whatever and break the cost up and it wouldn't be that bad...

Just a thought

I don't know what is available in or near your area.. but up here (QLD) the XR Club had a skid pan day and some people drove several hours to get there (I think the most was 4 hours away not sure though)...
Old 06-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #79
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

what im saying is that the government dont give "hoons" anywere too go to have fun, at the drags we cant melt a set of tyres
Calder has a burnout comp every friday night?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:31 AM   #80
EFFalcon
Last warning

calm down josh, the cops were responding to burnouts.
burnouts are illegal.
the cops pulling people over wasnt a problem.
the only people that seemed to get defects from what i've seen were either back talking the cop or trying to get away.
there are places to go for legal hooning, maybe not ENOUGH places, but thats beside the point.

this is only about how the officer treated Sundeep etc, not the police in general.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 06-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #81
BJ
Banned

Quote:
I'm not saying doing burnouts n #### is a hobby, but modding cars is, and minge, ur not my dad so don't try and tell me crap, if i wanted to spell properly i would give 2 ####s and a #### but obviously i don't care! u can read it so whats the problem.
Now this is a comment form a mature person, it would seem that it would not matter who was to tell you what , you wouldn't listen anyway. It just goes to show that with your attitude and the way you think it is you that has the problem not the police. You have admitted to doing the wrong thing but get all fired up when you look like you might get caught. I think you should think before you speak or in this instant type.

Quote:
what I'm saying is that the government don't give "hoons" anywhere too go to have fun, at the drags we cant melt a set of tyres but on the streets we can and mostly get away with it.
Now this would have to be the biggest load of tripe i have ever read. It would do you better to perhaps take your self of to Calder park and cut loss, if you think you are better of doing it on the street then you get what you and those like you deserve.

Quote:
the cops are not really to blame, some of them yes because they are ####holes but most are really nice.
Now this but puzzles me young fella, on one hand you call them every name under the sun and then you turn around and say only some are pri@k, bipolar comes to mind on this one.

Quote:
cops are just doing there job like they would if u or i needed them for 1 thing or another. as far as I'm concerned, the government sets up this massive anti-hooning crap but doesn't work with the people hooning and try set up a weekend thing somewhere free of charge, would cost less because the cops wouldn't be doing so much paperwork on hoons and they would be able to get back to more important things like finding REAL criminals
Now you have the right idea here, why don't you approach the relevant bodies and try and get something going. I can tell you now, if you did try you would understand what we have to go through to get some thing started.

Instead of sitting behind your keyboard and telling the world they owe you something try and look at it from the others side first how nows you may just stop and think before you act. Bj
Old 06-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #82
Damo
Banned

they should have deffected you sunny, you are a law breaking criminal with you unroadworty car! I bet i copped much much worse as a youngster, but then again I probably deserved it.

:P

efgiar, you DA man, FREE burnouts and drags. Let the HOONS HOON in a legal enviroment. Reason it should be free, cause it doesn't cost you sh.it on the street unless you get caught! So why PAY!

This thread reminded me off the last time I was at Calder and a cop in a VX SS lost it and tagged the wall. Very funny!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #83
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
There were 25 cars or so that were pulled up behind me. I'm pretty sure each one was abused, so that should make a pretty fair case if I can get 5 people together. If the Herald Sun don't reply though I know I'll be pretty much pushing #### up hill so I'll let it go.

I was pretty lucky, the Sargeant goes to me "Have you been doing any burnouts mate?" and I'm like "Um no Sir, the 18's are too expensive" and he's like "What size would you do them on?" I said "15's"

I'd recommend stay out of any cruises going towards Moorabbin in future they're laying the smackdown up there. The lady at Cheltenham Police told me they are cracking down on cruises at DFO and at the drags in Oakleigh. If you're in that area with a modified car expect trouble from the Police.

Sundeep
Sunny don't expect the media to go against the police. It is not in there interest and will not sell papers.
You will not be pushing **** up hill but it will not be very easy. Not hard either. Sit down with outher drivers and occupants and write down every fact. No assumtions. Each person who felt disrespected will need to write an official complaint.
If they are written in a serious manner they will be taken seriously and actioned seriously.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 06-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #84
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Now this but puzzles me young fella, on one hand you call them every name under the sun and then you turn around and say only some are pri@k, bipolar comes to mind on this one.
I should probably avoid posting to threads like this from my Nokia, which limits text to 400 characters.

I have a cousin who has been in the Queensland Police Service (QPS) for many years, and now holds one of the most powerful and influential positions in the QPS. His work has benefited every member of the QPS, which in turn extends to every Queenslander. I have had great respect for police for most of my life. They partake in a profession which I believe I, and most people, don’t have what it takes to perform.

The point I was trying to make before was that I imagine every workplace is like my own. I work with around 400 people, and have to interact with most of them, and there are bound to be a few people that are a drain on the rest. For years there have been 2 main culprits. One left the week before last and the other leaves this Friday. From speaking to a few people, it seems they are disliked by more people than I thought. These people are always negative, which brings the people around them down and spreads throughout like a disease. They also never did what little work they did do properly, which meant others had to take up the slack. In my opinion, people like this don’t deserve to be employed, and are clogging up opportunities that someone else could make the most of.

I see the police service as being no different. There could be one of the above people for every 100 police, and it’s not fair that their behaviour is reflected upon the entire service, but that’s the way it is. But if there is a chance to relieve these people of their positions and open up an opportunity for someone more deserving, as what appears to be in sundeep’s case, then I think it should be seized. No one should have to endure any form of harassment from any other person, provided they didn’t provoke the situation with intentionally using inappropriate language or actions. And if I was in sundeep’s position, I would take it as far as possible.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #85
Sundeep
Banned

This thread has really taken off.

I'd just like to say that I initially wasn't against the officer's actions, which was yelling at me and verbally abusing me. I just thought to myself that the reason he is speaking like this is probably because he's seen some fatal crashes and is just trying to get the message through by scaring me. Ok, I was scared, and I won't be back in Moorabbin in my car ever again.

BUT the thing that really peeved me was the slamming of my door. I was OK with the swearing, and the ABUSE, but why slam my door so hard that the interior lamp falls off? That's what set me off, that was taking it over board. The Police are there to protect the property of others and not attempt to vandalise it on a power trip.

I made a lady pay $470 to fix a non-event 10c coin dent in the side of my car a few weeks ago, so if I found something wrong with the door I'd be doing a lot more than I am now.

I am not giving the cops #### or anything, I know there's a select few in the force, just like there's a select few hoons among a whole lot of enthusiasts that #### it up for the rest of us. I've seen what people do at the drags and on these cruises. I do the occasional burnout but I don't come even close to the recklessness (sp?) that some of these people display on cruises and on the road at the Oakleigh drags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulos
How bout taking some responsibility for what happened, speak with ya feet, & refuse to attend 'cruises' that are frequented by idiots.
For what? Attending a cruise with a club I knew nothing about and being pulled over for doing nothing wrong, and then abused on top of that?

Sundeep
Old 06-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #86
frost
Banned

Theres plenty of legal places arouund to race and do burnouts

Calder
Heathcote Park
Country Town drag strips(I mean legal andra sactioned events)

If you want to race on the street and not have a chance of getting caught and want to race your mates, Head to drag tag, theres already a few E-series on it. Legal off street racing on a street enviroment
Old 06-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #87
SupahStah
Tha Stah

Quote:
cops are furakin , i aint gonna lie, i do a little bit of "hooning" here and there but the only reason is that where else are we ment to do it? we cant goto the drags and do circle work or do wat we want because they have guidlines, fair enough but that makes us want to go back onto the streets and do it because there isnt anywere else, if the cops and the government tried to work with us, not against us (hooning laws, confiscating cars etc) then it would be alot better, if they went out, bought a paddock somwere put tarmack down and set up certain guidlines for us then it would take alot of the "hoons" off the roads. instead of just giving us no were to have fun at our age they just pull us over and basicly say, no u cant have fun even if it is the only hobby u have! /me slaps cops with a large trout
This is accurate in a few areas of interest. The way I see it is:
If there was somwhere people could go, tax payer funded or what ever, 24/7 with little guidlines, but allowed you to enjoy testing your driving skills, and enjoy your investment, the hoons would no longer be a risk to the public. Hooning is unacceptable regardless, but they will always be around - you have to give a little and take a little; not everyone drives responsibly all the time. And everyone here no doubt is guilty of hooning, weather they are ready to admit it or not.
(Ofcourse, then. The risk would b removed from public, and into themselfs. Perhaps covering the ground with quicksand to preven damage?) meh...

About the issue at hand: Power hungry cops.
Well they are also around no doubt - these cops are a disgrace to the police force, but not all are like this... My storey is: I had my old ZJ fairlane, got pulled over, n' the cop said my rego wasnt payed, i showed him the receipt and said "no; im giving you a fine, that receipt is not good enough" sent stat dec to copshop n' got a letter of appology back; prob solved
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
Old 06-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #88
SupahStah
Tha Stah

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost
Theres plenty of legal places arouund to race and do burnouts

Calder
Heathcote Park
Country Town drag strips(I mean legal andra sactioned events)

If you want to race on the street and not have a chance of getting caught and want to race your mates, Head to drag tag, theres already a few E-series on it. Legal off street racing on a street enviroment
The problem with them is; you can only go certain times... I guess the biggest issue for most hoons is: They hate being told what to do, and going to these events thats what happnds. They wish to rebel against the guidlines, they would much rather keep their $40 or what ever, and do it on the street where they can do it, and have less chance of being caught.
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
Old 06-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #89
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahStah
The problem with them is; you can only go certain times... I guess the biggest issue for most hoons is: They hate being told what to do, and going to these events thats what happnds. They wish to rebel against the guidlines, they would much rather keep their $40 or what ever, and do it on the street where they can do it, and have less chance of being caught.
Well not less chance of being caught because you can not be caught for hooning at leagle drags, its $40 that could go into fuel and just go around the corner to an industrial estate or some thing of the sort. Really, who hasnt givin' there cars a little stick on the streets, ive seen it said plenty of times on this forum, and josh is the only one who has copped flack for it?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #90
frost
Banned

2 Years ago when I first got my license it was pritty good, in the sense cops didnt give you that much hassle, 2 years later its hell, well not for me in Ballarat, I rearly get pulled over (2wice randomly).

Drag tag when in full flight will be a nearly every day thing.

But its all good, un til someone gets hurt or killed
Closed Thread