Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #61
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: 2014 Chevy Impala Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Fingers crossed that Ford takes this one down to the wire and discovers that RWD Ecoboost I-4 Falcon does the job
I have a feeling that six cylinder sales will polarize to I-4 Ecoboost or to a V8 option as people seek economy or performance.

A slightly smaller Falcon with lotsa I-4 EB sales, a few V8 sales and of course Territory continuing with EB I-4 and V6 diesel..
Modified Mondeo top hats on Falcon E8 floor pan and running gear would make a nice Taurus..
All we have to do is convince the US that would make a nice Lincoln luxury sedan...
E8 probably wouldn't work under a Mondeo unibody, an would need modification requiring basically... complete new unibody. Also Falcon is larger in interior room. So I think we will see a Falcon as is in the greenhouse area, but with revised front and back... and U.S. market regulations.

Also. Team Red's new SS. They are gonna love it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/16/i...-an-impala-ss/
Old 19-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #62
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

That looks much better than the pics earlier in the thread. It still looks a little awkward around the hips.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #63
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
That looks much better than the pics earlier in the thread. It still looks a little awkward around the hips.
I hate the current trend of making headlights and tail lights 'stick out' from the shape, and are made integral to the aerodynamics.

Not like in the awesome way they did in the fifties and sixties. Check out the tail lights on the picture above. They look fake, like they're not actually part of the car. Almost as if they're testing equipment tacked onto the vehicle.

I like a healthy woman... so it's hips don't bother me. Scratch that. I like hips.
Old 20-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
E8 probably wouldn't work under a Mondeo unibody, an would need modification requiring basically... complete new unibody.
Falcon has very similar track and wheelbase to Mondeo, the body width externally is similar too
but the really big one is that FG falcon uses EUCD slim door and side frame technology
so at leastsome of the body structure is already related to Mondeo/Fusion.
Quote:
Also Falcon is larger in interior room. So I think we will see a Falcon as is in the greenhouse area, but with revised front and back... and U.S. market regulations.
There would need to be significant changes for Falcon to adopt EUCD top hats but
not the complete tear up and re do you imagine, a lot of that was done BF to FG
when Falcon adopted EUCD slim door and side frame technology.

Hooking more of Falcon's upper structure to Fusion/Mondeo would open the door to
US funding to modify existing modules rather than applying for greenfield funding..

Quote:
Also. Team Red's new SS. They are gonna love it.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/16/i...-an-impala-ss/
Impaladore.....
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #65
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80

There would need to be significant changes for Falcon to adopt EUCD top hats but
not the complete tear up and re do you imagine, a lot of that was done BF to FG
when Falcon adopted EUCD slim door and side frame technology.

Hooking more of Falcon's upper structure to Fusion/Mondeo would open the door to
US funding to modify existing modules rather than applying for greenfield funding..
But surely the Falcon would not share a single hardpoint with the Mondeo? If the hardpoints don't match then you basically have to start from scratch again I would have thought.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #66
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I wouldnt imagine either, with EUCD Mondeo essentially a stretched Focus and Falcon being its well known constant development.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post