Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #61
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Glad you enjoyed the humour...someone's got to throw a laugh in every now and then :hihi: . That line's been used a few times on my S.A. rellies, getting a bit stale now though...gonna have to get some fresh material

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #62
Dazza TT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I would like to thank everyone who has offered advice or help in regards to the move to Queensland, and in particular Dazza XL who has been extremely generous with trying to assist me. It's poeple like Dazza XL and everyone else who's sent pm's or offered advice/opinions in this thread which makes the forums such a great place.

Once again thanks, and I hope to be able to go to Townsville one day for a visit. I will certainly be closer living in Sydney than Adelaide.

Eamon
No problemo at all. Good luck with the move, I hope it goes a bit smoother than mine at present.

Booked the local removalist (Support the locals etc etc) a month ago, confirmed last week the time for pickup tomorrow.
Rang today at 2pm this afternoon to check everything was on track.... "Oh we've had a truck problem and I'm still in Brisbane"

We've got 90% of our gear disassembled ready to load in the garage, no real time to wait around for a person who's had over 4 weeks notice. If I hadn't rung, I'd probably still be sitting here at 9am tomorrow morning wondering where my truck has got to. Absolute joke!

Straight on the phone to Thrifty in Townsville, no luck all booked out. Tried another company in the 'ville also with no luck.
So I rang Thrifty in Mackay and managed to secure a 3t moving truck with hydraulic tailgate. Even if it takes two trips, I'll still save some coin.
But at least it'll get done!

Called the removalist back & canceled. He sounded quite surprised when I told him I no longer required his services. I was nice & calm, didn't even do my block. :

Pick the truck up tomorrow lunchtime, head home & start to load. Should be able to get it loaded, and be up in Townsville early Saturday.
Then turn around & do it all again if required!

Should have done some Google research. I'm not the only one who's had problems with this removalist before. Seems to have a lot of "Truck Problems".

Last edited by Dazza TT; 19-11-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Dazza TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #63
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Not good to hear mate. I hate getting stuffed around by people, especially when you're going to hand over your hard earned! You expect people to be able to follow simple tasks when you give them enough notice, I mean this is their job isn't it? I know that sometimes things are out of your control, but the fact that you rang them instead of the other way round has me bewildered. When were they going to ring you to let you know?! Anyway, good luck with the move and I hope you don't have too many more dramas.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #64
Dazza TT
Back in a Ford

We got it sorted... Only just.

Headed to Mackay to collect the truck on Friday, only to find out that we couldn't collect the keys for the house in Townsville on Saturday morning.
Managed to rush back to Bowen, with 30 minutes of loading time spare. We threw as much as we could on (About half a load) and headed off.
We pulled up at the real estate carpark at 5.05pm, and proceeded to bolt across the carpark to catch the agents. Luckily they were good enough to hang around for us.
Unloaded, then headed back to Bowen on Saturday morning. Reloaded (Was full this time!) then headed back up.
Now in Bowen, am heading back to Mackay with the truck in the morning. Just one uteload to go, and the jobs done.
Old 22-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #65
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Dazza , , are you moving to Townsville ?
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #66
Dazza TT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Dazza , , are you moving to Townsville ?
Yeah, only a uteload or two to go!