Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #61
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I went to the Lexus shop today to see the RWD camryolla and it seemed like a reasonable vehicle.

But then I took their ISF demo for a test drive........

Warning: DO NOT DRIVE A LEXUS ISF if you are considering buying a GT-E.......it is not good for you....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #62
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
For once, I am with Flappist. Dunno why people bag this car, and have never driven it shows what one eyed supporters are all about. I think the IS350 looks awesome. It wouldn't take a lot of work for it to be better built than the Falcon/ Commodore. I would hazard a guess to say it would also be far more refined than the Falcon/Commodores here. The engine in the Aurion is a beauty, and in tweaked form in the Lexus should provide more than enough forward thurst for our rubbish roads here in australia.
i never bagged it at all. I dont like the look of it, and can get better value in buying something else, ala FG GT. Yeah i know the IS will be better built but id still buy a GT, hell id even buy a G6ET over the lexus, not because im one eyed i just dont like the IS
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #63
Deco28

I'd buy one. I think it looks good in the Sports Luxury or F-sport guises.

My grandad has a 2007 IS250, so this was before the mid-life update and I think it is nice as.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #64
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
i never bagged it at all. I dont like the look of it, and can get better value in buying something else, ala FG GT. Yeah i know the IS will be better built but id still buy a GT, hell id even buy a G6ET over the lexus, not because im one eyed i just dont like the IS
Where in my post does it indicate that it was YOU my post was aimed at? Apart from that, I for one respect your opinion. Moving on, how does one think the resale of the Lexus would be compared to the money loosing falcadore?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #65
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Where in my post does it indicate that it was YOU my post was aimed at? Apart from that, I for one respect your opinion. Moving on, how does one think the resale of the Lexus would be compared to the fast depreciating falcadore?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #66
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think Lexus buyers are of a certain ilk that meant that even if Ford offered the same level of performance / equipment etc and was 10 grand less it wouldn't be enough to sway buyers. As sad as it may sound.
I must be part of that ilk too then because i'd happily pay 10K extra for a falcon built by Lexus
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #67
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner5711
If we gotta go there....

The Millenium Falcon is the quickest.
Well he did say any falcon.... and I thought the drum roll from the previous poster was funny.

This is a pretty good thread, but I didn't get the impression people were bagging the Lexus, I just got the feeling that its not for them. I also thought the references to size were very relevant.

I've always been a fan of the Lexus product, particularly the IS models, but they have never been in my price range or suitable for my needs as far a size is concerned.

And you get no arguments from me with regard to build quality, in fact its ordinary at times, but it isn't quite a fair comparison given the price differences between the products.

On a world scale Falcadores are very good value for money. And what I'm talking about is size, drive, and features. A Falcadore type vehicle made by other manufacturers is generally a high spec up market vehicle.

Many other makes of cars are better build quality, granted, but can they fit three adults across the rear seat, do they offer any where near the power and torque of aussie cars, are they rear wheel drive? Not important to everyone I agree. But important to me, and for most of my adult life only the Falcadores offered these features within a reasonable price range.

As was said before, if you want a Falcon sized Lexus you need to look at the GS which is a $100K vehicle. Your average Falcadore is a third of this price, and those Falcadores that are nearing this figure usually have enough bells and whistle's to back up the price tag.
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post