Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-07-2006, 02:06 AM   #61
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Stick with your body build stuff ...power lifting is fine but you do end up huge and when you stop it turns to fat.

Look at Dean Lukin in his prime and look at him now it took alot of work to get rid of the bulk and be normal.

And above all else stay away from the roids they only make you nasty.

When they put all that muscle on thay actually have a huge diet that also helps build it up together with their weight training ok, so when they build up or bulk it on and stop training it dose not actually turn to fat. Muscle can not turn to fat. What actually happens with most of them is that their eating habbits stay the same and from that they put on fat.

I have a mate who was Mr Ociana in New Zealand years ago and He had a huge build. He has a trim build now with light exercise like you or me and he watches his diet very carfully to avoid putting on weight from eating and drinkng too much.

Just thought I would mention that because so many people are missinformed.
Any way.....
Old 28-07-2006, 02:12 AM   #62
Josho
Mini > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJ
Righto Josho, I apologise to you

I thought you were having a go at me in your post and I stand corrected.

I never got injured in spite of training intensively, but there was some wear and tear on my lower back due to the deadlifts. If you know what you are doing - IF - I agree you will be generally OK. Make sure your technique is good.

I'll put it this way - if you don't maintain muscle bulk you can start to look real old real quick. In my opinion squats and deadlifts help with posture as well, because you can't lift properly without a straight back and you get used to maintaining good posture.

I especially recommend weight training for women as they get older but the first thing they all say is "No I don't want to look like a body builder" :

They seem to think that 5min a week in a gym is enough to make them look like Lou Ferrigno (showing my age now)
Apology accepted, its hard to convery a message over the Internet when in deep passion so I must re-apologise for the confusing post. I have actually been told that after something like 35yrs of age you must train 10% harder than the year before in order to maintain your previous years lean body mass.

Women who weight train are the best but as you said I have also heard of women who don't want to touch weights because they think they'll look like the next Ronnie. haha.

Lou Ferrigno was a top BBer and better than arnie IMO especially his intensity in the movie 'Pumping Iron'

Once again I apologise for the confusing post.
Josho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #63
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho
[/i]

Sorry my friend Bodybuilding is the car equivilent of a ricer no matter how much you say its not. Ricers are people that have nice looking cars but don't have the power to back their looks up. Bodybuilders,
i have to disagree with that because to get bigger you must get stronger first. doesnt matter if it is bodybuilding or powerlifting.

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #64
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
We see it all the time at the gym... guys that are literally skin & bone lifting the same weights as we do even though we're 2 or 3 times bigger. They seem to forget its not quantity but quality.
Those guys must be VERY skinny if you are 2 or 3 times bigger. I suggest you get some steroids to supplement your weight training so as to get some real bulk onto your frame.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #65
gozza

I used to go to the gym quite regularly in year 10.....im skin and bone now(5 years not doing any exercise) and i wasn't concerned about getting big...

Many people think creatine gives your muscle.....It basically repairs your fibres quicker...Tried raw eegs for a while untill i found it your body can't break down all the protein in raw eggs and had protein shakes here and there

i went 4 days a week for 6-12 months and by 6 motnhs i was benching 60 kg's and i only weighed 65...........i got alot bigger of course but it was more definition....i would liek to have that body back tho
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #66
Josho
Mini > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xr8
i have to disagree with that because to get bigger you must get stronger first. doesnt matter if it is bodybuilding or powerlifting.
Your definition of strong and mine are very different. I've seen guys that bench 80kg and look 'big' and seen guys that bench 120kg and look 'small' its all genetic. Bodybuilders are ricers they don't care how much they lift just care what they look like they lift, hence being ricers - follow the logic.
Old 29-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #67
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho
[/i]
Sorry my friend Bodybuilding is the car equivilent of a ricer no matter how much you say its not. Ricers are people that have nice looking cars but don't have the power to back their looks up. Bodybuilders, sure if you are a top ameatur or pro you are strong but you have to remember top IFBB pros are bigger (measurement wise) than the majority of PLers and Strongmen yet in some cases lift a 1/3rd of the weight and at best 3/4.

I'm sure you don't train like pansies I never once said you did, but to say that PLing is comparing dick sizes about how much you SQ, BP and DL is completely moronic. I can easily say that Plers don't care(as much) for image like bodybuilders and bodybuilders are the way they are because they lack d*** sizes and need to make up fot it.

Once again top bodybuilders are much larger (measurement wise) than Powerlifters. (Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure this is 99% of the time this is the case, I've never heard of a Pler or strongman that has 24+inch arms, at 5%BF.)

I never once said that you lift 315lbs (it must be much less) But If you guys are so 'big' as you say, you must be lifting a fair amount. You can't get 'big', well atleast not in my book without atleast lifting 225lbs in all of the 'big 3' or the equivalent in other excersises. And I have never ever seen 'skin and bones' lifting that amount or more. Sorry but ALL of your post sounds like dribble you can't even follow simple logic, you are ignorant of powerlifting and lifting in general and you sound like one of those cocky bodybuilder types that get all up tight when they see a younger or 'smaller' guys lifting the same weight as them.

If you want to be a bodybuilder fine, but when you start ripping through powerlifting with aggressive and ignorant comments I will embarass you and show people like the thread starter that there is another side of the coin, which IMO is more self rewarding.
Ok Josho... whatever. I've got better things to do with my time then to sit here and argue with an uneducated and uninformed drug taker. As i mentioned in my previous post, our definition of 'big' and our aims by lifting weights are obviously different. Lets agree to disagree and move on..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #68
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Those guys must be VERY skinny if you are 2 or 3 times bigger. I suggest you get some steroids to supplement your weight training so as to get some real bulk onto your frame.

FF
Sorry i must have missed something here - how long have you been training for again?
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #69
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Sorry i must have missed something here - how long have you been training for again?
I'm not doing any weight training. So I'm not trying to put on any muscle. I started jogging on the 2nd of July (because some bich lit a fire within me) and do so on most days. That won't add any muscle.

Still haven't joined the gym.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #70
Josho
Mini > *

Quote:
Ok Josho... whatever. I've got better things to do with my time then to sit here and argue with an uneducated and uninformed drug taker. As i mentioned in my previous post, our definition of 'big' and our aims by lifting weights are obviously different. Lets agree to disagree and move on..
Uneducated and uninformed sorry but, : . If I remember correctly I proved your wrong about powerlifters getting injuried and have a reference to back that up (see previous post). You are entitled to your opinion on bodybuilding I really don't care what you think as long as your not a complete ignoramus. I will agree to disagree, but I expect a level of respect from you in that you don't call me uneducated and uninformed.
Old 29-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #71
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

1008lbs bench ! that is incredible, i used to do near on 300 and feel like my wrists could break with much more, i wonder how much weight the bones and joints can actually take ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post