Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #61
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Have heard the Herd version, cant say I like it, (then again I'm not that keen on todays music?.)But all in all they dont do such a bad job,good to see young blokes showing interest in ANZACS etc..Nowhere near as good as the original though.IMO..
Old 06-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #62
bencat

A question for those that 'hated' the Herd version, do you like or dislike hip-hop and or rap? I'm assuming a fair number of those that 'love' the redgum version also like the style of music that is associated with the lyrics, and a portion of the dislike comes from simply associating the lyrics with something that they deem distasteful ie: hip hop...

Me? Ya, the original is stirring, but then again so is 'Midnight Express' and it has nothing to do with war, I like the remake of the redgum song, it opens the message up to new generations and different people, and that's a good thing because the message is more important than anyone's opinion on the style used to deliver it.

Theres a good chance that some of those that like the new version don't like the old music that sent the same message, thus didn't get the message.
bencat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #63
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencat
A question for those that 'hated' the Herd version, do you like or dislike hip-hop and or rap? I'm assuming a fair number of those that 'love' the redgum version also like the style of music that is associated with the lyrics, and a portion of the dislike comes from simply associating the lyrics with something that they deem distasteful ie: hip hop...

Me? Ya, the original is stirring, but then again so is 'Midnight Express' and it has nothing to do with war, I like the remake of the redgum song, it opens the message up to new generations and different people, and that's a good thing because the message is more important than anyone's opinion on the style used to deliver it.

Theres a good chance that some of those that like the new version don't like the old music that sent the same message, thus didn't get the message.
I am one who said "I would rather cut off my own ears then listen to that cover song again".. And guess what, I don't mind listening to hip hop or rap.. But one thing I can not stand and that is the Aussie accent in a hip hop or rap song.. I personaly thing the mix of the aussie accent in a rap/hip hoop song sounds retarded, stupid and even amateurish.. Fact is, the Americans are good at Rap and hip hop, and the Aussies sux at it..

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #64
bencat

Your kidding right ? Hilltop Hood rate highly , and have taken what is efectivly a new medium in Australia to the world stage.

Each to his own, I can understand how an Aussie accent sounds wrong in a rap song, kind of like and american accent saying anything sensable sounds wrong :P
Old 06-11-2006, 04:13 PM   #65
geohatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I am one who said "I would rather cut off my own ears then listen to that cover song again".. And guess what, I don't mind listening to hip hop or rap.. But one thing I can not stand and that is the Aussie accent in a hip hop or rap song.. I personaly thing the mix of the aussie accent in a rap/hip hoop song sounds retarded, stupid and even amateurish.. Fact is, the Americans are good at Rap and hip hop, and the Aussies sux at it..
Are you kidding Australia has its own style of hip hop and with artist like the herd, hilltop hoods, bliss n eso, Bias B, the list goes on. This "australian hip hop" is soo unique compared to 50cent, eminem ect i loved the original song but i am also young and am open to new things and dont mind the herds version of the song, but dont insult australian artists with such broad genralisations becouse of a dislike for one song.
geohatrick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #66
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geohatrick
Are you kidding Australia has its own style of hip hop and with artist like the herd, hilltop hoods, bliss n eso, Bias B, the list goes on. This "australian hip hop" is soo unique compared to 50cent, eminem ect i loved the original song but i am also young and am open to new things and dont mind the herds version of the song, but dont insult australian artists with such broad genralisations becouse of a dislike for one song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencat
Your kidding right ? Hilltop Hood rate highly , and have taken what is efectivly a new medium in Australia to the world stage.

Each to his own, I can understand how an Aussie accent sounds wrong in a rap song, kind of like and american accent saying anything sensable sounds wrong :P
Nope I not kidding,, and yes Australian does have it's own style of Hip Hop, it's called Garbage..
Oh it's not just one song either... Most of the Australian Rap is a load of spoken dribble... Compared to 50c and eminem Australian Rap artist's has as much talant as a Pakistani hobo...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #67
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Just because it's a cover of a good song and in a different genre to make all the kiddies love it doesn't mean it can't suck. Am I meant to love it because it's different?

I don't hate it because it's hip hop, I hate it because it's crap.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #68
5L
[ 5L ]

Quote:
Most of the Australian Rap is a load of spoken dribble... Compared to 50c and eminem Australian Rap artist's has as much talant as a Pakistani hobo...
ha ha so you would like to listen to people shooting at you, drive bys in a pimped out lambo. i say this is spoken dribble and has no meaning here in australia. 50c and eminem lol yep they have got talent if you are a 14 yr old hanging down the local shops in fubu gear trying to roll old lady's.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #69
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

this is like an argument over which type of cancer is better.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #70
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Colon!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #71
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

MMMMM breast

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #72
bencat

Quote:
Nope I not kidding,, and yes Australian does have it's own style of Hip Hop, it's called Garbage..
Oh it's not just one song either... Most of the Australian Rap is a load of spoken dribble... Compared to 50c and eminem Australian Rap artist's has as much talant as a Pakistani hobo...
I was being nice and diplomatic when I said 'each to his own', you wanna be a yank gang banger ? then listen to that crap, go buy a tech-9 and pop a cap in someones a$$ rotfl, wake up and smell the coffee..

You quote Eminem and 50c as your prefered rappers? pfft, n00b... You just lost all cred mate..
Old 06-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #73
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

testicular cancer kicks ****!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #74
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
testicular cancer kicks ****!
what abou āss cancer terrence?

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

thats funny phillip!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #76
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
thats funny phillip!
not as funny as rap artists terrence! They all prefer the company of their uncles!

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 06-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #77
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

come on Dave, don't stop with the irrellevent posts now....surely the thread can be taken further from the topic? and you're just the moderator to do it!