Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #61
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Default Re: Bullying - Schools and societies attitudes.

The Kid copped some shots and gave the little imbecile plenty of time to walk away.. The big kid was surrounded by idiotic sheep cheering the little **** on, he snapped, i cant say i blame the kid, he has probablly gotten harrased quite a bit i would say..Then little heros mate who was watching tried to jump in, he should have been smacked down also ...
If that little "Richard" twerp was my kid, i would give him a hiding as well to teach him to respect others , maybe if he got a hiding at home he wouldnt be such a waste of oxygen..
Enough is Enough of the idiots we share our air with..pople will always eventually fight back to defend themselves....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #62
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope for what?
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #63
zdcol71
zdcol71

"Hope for what?"

Your response to seeing a screen dump from a computer game that mimicks the event that is the topic of this thread indicates to me that the signature you use,"Knowledge is power, and for every level of knowledge gained, you are responsible for how you use it." is just a grab at something you have seen on the bottom of one of those "365 thoughts for today" desk calanders.I'm sure anyone who had any idea of the dynamics of bullying find that attempt at computer graphics to be quite offensive.Your reaction in your post prompted the question.
Also, I wonder if statements like.."If that little "Richard" twerp was my kid, i would give him a hiding as well to teach him to respect others , maybe if he got a hiding at home he wouldnt be such a waste of oxygen.." really have a great deal of grey matter input? Does it imply that the little twerp should be given a good hiding to teach him to respect others??? It would be monumentally naive to think that getting a hiding at home to teach respect is the first seed of becoming a bully, but without being a trained professional in the field,I would hazard a guess that it may often be a contributing factor.
Old 17-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #64
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I heard on the radio yesterday in a statement from Caseys uncle, that they were keeping him away from the media as the family has already lost a child to bullying. Terribly sad and I really hope that if any good is to come out of this, it makes Caseys tormenters think twice.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #65
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
Sickens you , what should sicken you is the way this little dog was acting and how little dogs like him act all the time. I saw the incident on tele the other night. When I saw that kid get slammed on the ground I pumped my fist into the air and screamed "yeh" as those the roosters had just scored the winning try in the last minute of the grand final. Brilliant to see. While I am forty now ,we were taught to do boxing at school from the age of 5 , we were also taught respect of others , and not to hit a man while he is on the ground. We were also taught to defend ourselves when neccesary . This poor kid did exactly as we were taught at school yet he gets suspended. Too many goody two shoe crap polices these day. This liitle piece of shyte got exactly what he deserved and more. This clip will be on youtube for the rest of his life and he will never live it down. HE WILL ALWAYS BE KNOWN AS THE LITTLE SMARTARSE ***** THE GOT SLAMMED. Hopefully this will be a good lesson to others out there.
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying what Casey did was wrong, everybody has a right to defend themselves. Its just seeing someone getting thrown down like that, regardless if they deserved it or not, is pretty sickening.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #66
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
"Hope for what?"

Your response to seeing a screen dump from a computer game that mimicks the event that is the topic of this thread indicates to me that the signature you use,"Knowledge is power, and for every level of knowledge gained, you are responsible for how you use it." is just a grab at something you have seen on the bottom of one of those "365 thoughts for today" desk calanders.I'm sure anyone who had any idea of the dynamics of bullying find that attempt at computer graphics to be quite offensive.Your reaction in your post prompted the question.
Also, I wonder if statements like.."If that little "Richard" twerp was my kid, i would give him a hiding as well to teach him to respect others , maybe if he got a hiding at home he wouldnt be such a waste of oxygen.." really have a great deal of grey matter input? Does it imply that the little twerp should be given a good hiding to teach him to respect others??? It would be monumentally naive to think that getting a hiding at home to teach respect is the first seed of becoming a bully, but without being a trained professional in the field,I would hazard a guess that it may often be a contributing factor.
Yes, most bully's tend to come from a home of violence, there's a difference between cheering the kid for standing up to the bully which is how in our primal species respect is won, to then the parents dealing with the bully at home with a beating, in most cases makes you no better than the bully himself IMO.

As for the suspended victim, myself as a parent would be vehemently fighting this with the school as IMO he has done nothing wrong, I would rather he defend himself by all means necessary than be beaten himself, as my son has been a victim of bullying when he was 6 by a kid twice his size and age I understand and appluad the recourse by the bullied kid, sometimes you have to take it upon yourself to help yourself, sometimes nobody else can help.

Last edited by Fireblade; 17-03-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #67
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done to the big kid. All he did was defend himself. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!
Also lets praise the actions of the taller girl who stepped in moments later and told another bully to back off, most kids would have been happy to watch and do nothing. As for the school invloved. How dare you suspend a child for defending himself. Shame it even had to come to that!

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #68
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"Hope for what?"

My response signifies that I have a sense of humor and it is a clever photo edit, considering the new mortal Kombat was denied here in Australia.
No actually I do not need to tell your cynical self on where I obtain my statements in my signature as it relates nothing to the topic. I more than understand the dynamics of bullying and the image is far off offensive, it's just a fabrication of what the situation would have been like in a game scenario, I think you should lighten up and keep your degrading comments to yourself.

The bully in this situation wouldn't benefit from a hiding, instead he should be coached on proper conduct in the schooling environment, and how to act mature.
Because it is quite apparent that to a number of reasons, there is a rising trend in the current generation of kids becoming more violent.
When I attended primary school, there was little scuffs here and there, but no body ever brought drugs to school or knives or anything remotely like that. Yet things like this bully is becoming more common.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #69
zdcol71
zdcol71

[QUOTE=zxctive]My response signifies that I have a sense of humor and it is a clever photo edit, considering the new mortal Kombat was denied here in Australia.
No actually I do not need to tell your cynical self on where I obtain my statements in my signature as it relates nothing to the topic. I more than understand the dynamics of bullying and the image is far off offensive, it's just a fabrication of what the situation would have been like in a game scenario, I think you should lighten up and keep your degrading comments to yourself.
QUOTE]

Your response "signifies" that you are still very young and would benefit from a few years of life experience.
I have re read your response and can see nowhere I have "degraded"you.
I stand by my comments.
Old 17-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #70
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Quote:
"Hope for what?"

Also, I wonder if statements like.."If that little "Richard" twerp was my kid, i would give him a hiding as well to teach him to respect others , maybe if he got a hiding at home he wouldnt be such a waste of oxygen.." really have a great deal of grey matter input? Does it imply that the little twerp should be given a good hiding to teach him to respect others??? It would be monumentally naive to think that getting a hiding at home to teach respect is the first seed of becoming a bully, .
I have seen bullies come and go in 40 years and yes i have seen the parents of most of these & they know it goes on and dont care ( i cant say all of them are the same, but i have seen many who are) .. Should the parents buy the clown a ice cream ?... Judging by his actions and try hard ability, this is not a 1st time event for the goofball and im sure signs of his stupidity and lack of respect for others would have been evident from parents and they should be putting a stop to this behaviour.
I dont see a issue with Discipline at home. This behaviour needs to stop and its not just up to law makers and teachers to educate the kids on bullying, Parents need to play a big part and stop trying to offload and wait for others to do it..

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,

Old 17-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #71
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

That clip me my day!! It was great to see that little toerag get his comeuppance.

I was bullied and humiliated pretty much all through school. I was taught to take the "peace out" road, reason with the bullies, you know, all that crap. Fat lot of good it did me.

The one time I did stand up for myself I got the absolute shyte kicked out of me.

If I had my time again I wouldn't have been discouraged by the hiding I copped, swung a few well placed punches and I guarantee my life would have been so much better.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #72
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have always told my 5 year old 'if you get hit, you hit back even harder' but i worry that he is too kind hearted tohit anyone. my biggest fear is if he gets subjected to this kind of bullying and does nothing about it and tells no one about it so it just keeps happening to him.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #73
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The only one in this video that gets any kudos from me, is the girl who intervenes at the end.
I think the dynamic of bullying has changed a huge amount from when I was at school, and I imagine there are a lot of smater minds than mine trying to come up with an answer to what is a tragic condition of our society.
Answer to the condition is, there it will always be as so.

In the 70's my principal an ex WW2 army Sargent said he wanted a boxing ring for us primary school kids and i remember all the teachers were all very eagerly looking forward to it coming about to.

The old sarge was a top bloke to and he knew all about kids thoroughly, you could not spin nonsense to him at all.

So if it was up to him, anyone who wanted to have a go, could step into the ring and have a go. and i think he was right.

Nowadays we have promoted a lot of weak spineless moronic gutless trash that they now have resorted to knives and kicking someone's head in a group.

I started off doing Judo when 6 years old and it was the best way to learn discipline and respect.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #74
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

The little twerp brought a knife to a gunfight!
Well controlled from Casey. He could have done much more I suspect.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #75
weenie

Should have finished him off with a flying Bundy smash off the wall
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #76
KuRT12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I haven't laughed that hard in ages......I wonder if the tech age we live in will help deter this type of thing. I mean could it be any worse for the skinny kid.

Issue here is for me is that this is a society issue too....not just the rat kid.

The kid filming, the two blondes watching/laughing are no better and hopefully got some punishment aswell.

This could have gone bad if the skinny kid did his back or neck...he would have deserved the retaliation but perhaps not being crippled. Sounds extreme but it can happen quite easily.

The best thing about this is that everyone knows about it.
I was literally in tears.. haha
KuRT12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #77
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Seems like the little **** has not learn anything .. His facebook status read update reads "the C*** broke my ankl ** ... Yes he did spenll ankle like that...
The responses have been very amusing..most telling him he got what he deserved and others telling him to concentrate on his spelling instead of being a bully... so even on FaceBook he isnt getting much love (not suprising !!!)

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,

Old 17-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #78
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
I have always told my 5 year old 'if you get hit, you hit back even harder' but i worry that he is too kind hearted tohit anyone. my biggest fear is if he gets subjected to this kind of bullying and does nothing about it and tells no one about it so it just keeps happening to him.
Told my daughter the same. She told me about a bigger girl who would sit on her etc. I told her if she keeps doing it and your teacher won't help then push her away. She told me that she won't because it is not how we treat others.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #79
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Far out it must be hard as a parent to not walk into the school and flog up some kid that bullies your child. It would make me apocalyptic with rage!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #80
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that boy was so lucky it was only his ankle. I have seen tackles in junior football on soft grass that did more damage.
as for comments like " I would flog him when he got home if he was mine" get on my goat ( giddy up)
Bullies are often bullied themselves by parents or siblings to begin their bullying behaviour on those they perceive to be weaker.I have never flogged my three sons and they are turning out okay
My eldest was bullied in yr 5 by a group of boys at school. It is hard to find out if the bullies don't leave marks. He wasn't sleeping and wasn't keen on going to school. His lunchbox was broken a few times. At handball he was the one bumped into that got the scraped knee. He wouldn't tell us why but eventually told us kids were hassling him at school and he wouldn't fight back because he would be in trouble. He had dobbed but the teachers did sweet FA.
I told him he would be in trouble at school but he wouldn't be in trouble at home. I told him that sometimes you have to step up and win or lose you are going to still be a winner as the bullying will stop. We met with the Principal and I told her the same thing. I showed him a few tricks i have learned along the way.
One day after one of the underlings of the group had punched him in class as he walked past my son told him he'd see him after school. The kid thought he was joking. They went behind the library and my boy got in a few lucky shots and dropped this kid in front of his mates. He went to school with those boys till year ten with no problems after that thank goodness. He got in trouble at school but he wasn't in trouble at home:the trouble stopped and he paved the way for his brothers at the school too as quiet kids who wouldn't be victims of bullying.
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #81
groupcboost

good on the big kid i say i put up with heaps at primary school same at the start of high school untill i snapped and jump on one of the guys doing it and just started laying into him i had to be pulled off him by five teachers from memory but no one ever bullyed me from then on. in my opion the bully is always the weakest u stand up to him/her of at least get back up in there face and 99% of the time he/she will back off
Old 17-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #82
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3ts50
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying what Casey did was wrong, everybody has a right to defend themselves. Its just seeing someone getting thrown down like that, regardless if they deserved it or not, is pretty sickening.
+1, especially when it is a kid, but i suoopse some people need to learn the hard way.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #83
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was taunted by a little ***** for three years in primary school and didn't respond, until one day I lost it when the kid pushed me against a wall.
The result was that the taunter was on the ground with a broken nose and I had no idea what had happened once the red mist came down.
It would have been far better to have punched him earlier and more often as required.
The obscene thing is the cowards who stand and watch.
One thing that bothers me is that many women are excited by men fighting - maybe the equivalent (for men) of watching women loving eachother.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #84
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
I was taunted by a little ***** for three years in primary school and didn't respond, until one day I lost it when the kid pushed me against a wall.
The result was that the taunter was on the ground with a broken nose and I had no idea what had happened once the red mist came down.
It would have been far better to have punched him earlier and more often as required.
The obscene thing is the cowards who stand and watch.
One thing that bothers me is that many women are excited by men fighting - maybe the equivalent (for men) of watching women loving eachother.
My missus screams at the TV when UFC is on things like "hands up son" "Finish him" "oh rear naked choke its all over"

Having said that I'm into MMA and she hates watching me fight.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #85
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226022817182

You've got to be ******* kidding me!

Quote:
Bully's angry mum wants victim to apologise

IT'S a tale of David and Goliath at an outer western Sydney school - with Goliath fighting back against his much smaller schoolyard bully.

But now the bully's mother has retaliated against her son's victim and the video footage of the fight which has gone viral.

The emotional mother of Ritchard Gale, Tina, told the Seven Network last night that she and her family have been victimised by the footage, which has spread worldwide. She also demanded an apology from the victim.

"We don't need this posted everywhere," she said. "I would like him to apologise."

She said she was "shocked" at her son's behaviour, but did not think he deserved to be bodyslammed by Year 10 student Casey Heynes at Chifley College's Dunheved Campus, St Marys.

"I was actually shocked because I always brought my three children up to walk away from fights," she said.

The video footage of the Year 7 boy, who was hurled to the ground after trying to start a fight with the larger student, was taken down from the YouTube website, but has been posted on websites globally.

The shocking footage was viewed on thetelegraph.com.au four times more than the devastation that has struck Japan.

The controversy over whether Casey's retaliation was appropriate dominated website and radio programs yesterday and became the subject of global online forums.

The international interest comes on the eve of the National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence. The focus of tomorrow's campaign will be bystanders.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #86
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226022817182

You've got to be ******* kidding me!
Wow. She's got balls of steel. I don't envy her position but she's just added a whole barrel of fuel to the fire.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #87
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The stupid thing is that it was Ritchard's friends that posted the video online. They filmed it to capture Richard's attacking somebody they perceived to be weak; an easy target.

All Casey did was defend himself because little Ritchard didn't respect Casey's request to leave him alone. I think Casey did all he could to avoid the fight.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #88
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"She's got balls of steel" - maybe, but has the kid got a father ? With balls enough to make his kid apologise ?
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #89
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
"She's got balls of steel" - maybe, but has the kid got a father ? With balls enough to make his kid apologise ?
I just watched the video on Channel 7, if this was the video the quote was pulled then I didn't see the part where she expects Casey to apologise. In fact, she wants her son to apologise to Casey and said he got what he deserved.

I do sympathise with both families that it's got so much focus though. The long lasting attention this has drawn worldwide is way over the top. I can only see negative things in the future for both boys and their families.

Seems the school has a lot to answer for based on a number of interviews I've heard from ex-teachers. Violence is common against students and against teachers who are absolutely powerless to raise a hand or a voice. One particular teacher on Triple M this morning had to contemplate possibly making a career ending decision by removing one boy that was choking another who was blue in the face. Ridiculous.

Time to bring back the old fashioned six of the best, methinks.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #90
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The stupid thing is that it was Ritchard's friends that posted the video online. They filmed it to capture Richard's attacking somebody they perceived to be weak; an easy target.

All Casey did was defend himself because little Ritchard didn't respect Casey's request to leave him alone. I think Casey did all he could to avoid the fight.
Interesting that his "mates" still posted the video online after he got a flogging.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post