Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #61
Dr Jekkyl

Rudd's biggest crime was to act with initiative - and for that he will be punished.

Australia needs to live up to its potential rather than take a back seat and wait for someone else to do it first.
Old 24-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #62
Pat Riley
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekkyl
Rudd's biggest crime was to act with initiative - and for that he will be punished.

Australia needs to live up to its potential rather than take a back seat and wait for someone else to do it first.
If by potential you mean allowing illegals into our country, taxing the crap out of the hand that feeds us and attempting to bankrupt our country, then yes we are definitely living up to our potential.

We aren't one of the big boys like USA and China so let's stop pretending we are and take the back seat where we belong.

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House
Old 24-06-2010, 03:33 AM   #63
seduced_xr
BF XR6

i get to vote for the first time this year, and i have to say its not looking to good for rud or labour, WA certainly wont vote for him to be in when hes trying this stupid mining tax, itll just mean WA will lose more money that he will spend on not doing everything he promised to do.. it will be a happy day to see him take his weasel face and all his BS and gtfo.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 24-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #64
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Falcon
If by potential you mean allowing illegals into our country, taxing the crap out of the hand that feeds us and attempting to bankrupt our country, then yes we are definitely living up to our potential.

We aren't one of the big boys like USA and China so let's stop pretending we are and take the back seat where we belong.
this really ***** me off, i see plenty of aussies sleeping on the streets in perth when im in the city on saturday nights. yet these illegals have been flown into WA and handed everything, went with mum to centrelink the other day, shes trying to claim something to try help pay the cost of living for my sister who has severe anxiety and just cant get herself to stay at a job.. after waiting 3 hours for all the immigrants to find interperaters to claim something they shouldnt be entitled to we were basically told we're not eligable for anything.. im not joking. 3 hours on the phones to interperators.. whats going on here? are we even australia anymore or are we just a free hotel for all the illegals who are laughing in our faces
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 24-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #65
Pat Riley
U MAD?

The reason they do this is because they can (and for this I don't blame them though it's frowned upon).

The reason they CAN is because the government allows it to happen and basically just bends over (and for this I blame the government 100%). In other countries, they will tell you our country is full GTFO - not surprisingly this actually works, especially since they effectively threaten to capsize the boats if they don't return to their own country.

Meanwhile we have homeless people who have been Australia citizens all their life, that can't even get a dollar from the government / centrelink because they don't have a physical residence.

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House
Old 24-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #66
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you think he was unpopular and a disaster for the country Gillard the bitter twisted ex labour lawyer is even worse . I have a quandry though , I don't know whether I would prefer to see the Labour Party ground into oblivion with him or her as leader . Remember when he was splashing money around willy nilly and the Libs were saying how are you going to pay off the credit card ? Well his answer , taxing miners till they just shut up shop and go overseas due to lower production costs and higher profits obviously is'nt going to wash with anyone who has 1/3 of 2/5ths of a poofteenth of a brain cell . The only bad thing if he goes is we get an equally inept moron to replace him . Rudd always has been a triumph of style over substance Gillard will be a triumph of bitterness over substance . my we are the lucky country are'nt we . It's an old bumper sticker but probably apt at this juncture , " Dont Blame Me I Voted Liberal "
Old 24-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #67
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you think he was unpopular and a disaster for the country Gillard the bitter twisted ex labour lawyer is even worse . I have a quandry though , I don't know whether I would prefer to see the Labour Party ground into oblivion with him or her as leader . Remember when he was splashing money around willy nilly and the Libs were saying how are you going to pay off the credit card ? Well his answer , taxing miners till they just shut up shop and go overseas due to lower production costs and higher profits obviously is'nt going to wash with anyone who has 1/3 of 2/5ths of a poofteenth of a brain cell . The only bad thing if he goes is we get an equally inept moron to replace him . Rudd always has been a triumph of style over substance Gillard will be a triumph of bitterness over substance . my we are the lucky country are'nt we . It's an old bumper sticker but probably apt at this juncture , " Dont Blame Me I Voted Liberal "
Old 24-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #68
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

anything is better then kruddy......

he needs to stand the beep down or im gonna be beeping angry, more so..
Old 26-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #69
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Well since there has been an outage. Let me be the first to predict that Gillard will win the challenge unoppossed.

Old 26-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #70
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Rudd was an absolute muppet. Right from when he took leadership of the Labour party I knew there was something very fake about him.

I'm absolutely bleeding I have been deprived of the opportunity of voting him out.

It was interesting seeing it all unfold, some very slippery and slimy folks in that party!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 26-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #71
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What challenge?

All I see on TV is promos for the 8th Book, "Harry Potter and the Cabinet of Bastards".

Harry Potter takes on the fat Dragons in the fabled Cave of Riches but while he is not looking the is a coup at Hogwarts and Ginny Weasley is now the house captain of Griffendor. Meanwhile in the house of Sliverin Malfoy is plotting and scheming in a search for the elusive "Policy of credibility" that will allow him to claim his place as house captain and school champion in the national criddich match to be held in november, the same match that was lost by voldemort 3 years ago.

Will Harry rise from the ashes phoenix like to reclaim his place?
Will Ginny lead Griffindor blindly into the lost jungle of opposition?
Will Malfoy wear budgy smuglers while riding his broom?
And what of the evil Fairy, Brownstain from the emerald forest to the south?

Harry Potter and the Cabinet of Bastards, lucky it could not actually happen......
Old 26-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #72
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I just whipped this up in MS Paint...

Julia's image looked familiar...knew I'd seen it somewhere before...

It's your worst nightmare. She's calling you "Come, my apprentice!" LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 26-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #73
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha some classic stuff here. good on the mods for not locking this thread.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #74
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Can anyone clearly articulate the policy difference between the Govt and the opposition?
Easy, one recklessly overspends on Australia's accounts while the other one spends it's whole time in Government paying it back only to be voted out. Then the cycle repeats itself.

On a different note though I am truley amazed and shocked that the PM can be removed at a snap of the unions fingers. Shows who is really in power in this country. I was looking forward to voting KRudd out. While I would never have a problem with a female as PM, I sadly think there will be people out in the community that won't look past this next election and vote for Labor due to this. Opinion polls are improving for Labor without any policy changes yet due to this reason. Same crappy ship, different captain.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 26-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #75
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

overspenders all right. when the election is announced the first thing i'll be doing is taking the $900 krudd gave me & giving it to the libs so they can take the fight to the alp. i couldnt keep that so called "stimulus money" without feeling dirty.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #76
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Whats the option to vote for no government?

I have to select pitchforks and torches on my ballot paper.
Old 26-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #77
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

So Dexters gone.. Least he will be able to start driving his Ford Territory Ghia Turbo again without feeling guilty!

Old 26-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #78
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Old 26-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #79
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGSV8
Easy, one recklessly overspends on Australia's accounts while the other one spends it's whole time in Government paying it back only to be voted out. Then the cycle repeats itself.

On a different note though I am truley amazed and shocked that the PM can be removed at a snap of the unions fingers. Shows who is really in power in this country. I was looking forward to voting KRudd out. While I would never have a problem with a female as PM, I sadly think there will be people out in the community that won't look past this next election and vote for Labor due to this. Opinion polls are improving for Labor without any policy changes yet due to this reason. Same crappy ship, different captain.
Well said...

Old 26-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #80
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I think you will find Gillard drastically changes policies that made us all dislike Rudd so much. She would be stupid not to. The mining tax is a good start, but maybe if they stopped feeding, clothing, housing, educating all these boat people the mining tax would not be needed (puts flame suit on). That said I felt sorry for the way he was shafted and apart from all the "I am proud of the fact" during his speech, it was a good speech. Definitely a side he should have shown earlier. Either way I think Gillard is the netter leader, she just needs to make changes to some policies. Just remember with Abbott NBN is gone, work choices gone, business taxes raised etc etc.
Old 26-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #81
yakcam
I drank what?

The libs need to get Hockey as leader RIGHT NOW or I think that we're in for a term of Gillard...

Ewww, I feel dirty talking politics on one of my favorite forums, it's just not the place to do it, but this is important... thanks for letting this thread slide Mods!!!

Cheers,

Kraig
Old 26-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #82
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakcam
The libs need to get Hockey as leader RIGHT NOW or I think that we're in for a term of Gillard...
+1 for Hockey!

Bye Bye K.Rudd..
Old 26-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #83
3vXT

After a while, people will hate whoever is in charge, it doesn't matter if they were good or bad for the country. Its in our nature to complain and shake our voting pens in the air demanding our chance to vote them out. Sometimes the mob is right and sometimes they aren't but they'll sleep for a few years, wake up and want a change in leadership regardless of who's driving.
Old 26-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #84
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I think you will find Gillard drastically changes policies that made us all dislike Rudd so much. She would be stupid not to. The mining tax is a good start, but maybe if they stopped feeding, clothing, housing, educating all these boat people the mining tax would not be needed (puts flame suit on). That said I felt sorry for the way he was shafted and apart from all the "I am proud of the fact" during his speech, it was a good speech. Definitely a side he should have shown earlier. Either way I think Gillard is the netter leader, she just needs to make changes to some policies. Just remember with Abbott NBN is gone, work choices gone, business taxes raised etc etc.
Just remember Gillard was there holding Kev's hand with every policy. She will try to distance herself now from the former PM to win votes. The media and Labor have been pushing for what has happened in the last couple of day's for months/years now and due to this have made sure she has had no negative publicity. Eg: New/refitted buildings at schools with the most poorly implemented planning costing Australia billions. Also where is all the notebook computers promised for education. Her portfolio was just as badly run as Peter Garrets without the deaths.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 26-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #85
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
+1 for Hockey!

Bye Bye K.Rudd..
Hockey is too soft, trying to keep everyone happy. I like Tony, not as polished as some politicians but I believe his enthusiasm in serving the community is genuine.

I think Gillard will hold an election asap so the people of Australia do not see she like Rudd lacks any substance. Maybe we can rename the term hollow man to hollow woman.
Old 26-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #86
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
And better looking than Gillard. A lot more character
Old 26-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #87
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I think Gillard will hold an election asap so the people of Australia do not see she like Rudd lacks any substance. Maybe we can rename the term hollow man to hollow woman.

Agreed we will be off to the poles very soon...
Old 26-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #88
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGSV8
While I would never have a problem with a female as PM, I sadly think there will be people out in the community that won't look past this next election and vote for Labor due to this. Opinion polls are improving for Labor without any policy changes yet due to this reason. Same crappy ship, different captain.

yep, humans are a fickle bunch. howard got voted out because he wouldn't commit to a full term and no one wanted costello. gillard will possibly get voted in because of the novelty of having a female pm. policies don't even come into it.

then we jump on a forum and whinge about the govt....
Old 26-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #89
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While I never liked Kevin Rudd, the sitting Prime Minister deserves to be treated better than he was. The party might not have liked him, but they have shown such a disrespect towards the position one can only assume all they want is power.

This is just history repeating, modern Labor cannot provide stable governments. Hawke and Keating couldn't do it in the last half of their governments life. In opposition, Beazley was stabbed in the back three times, Crean never stood a chance, Rudd whimped out in 2003 and handed the party to Latham (lets not go there...) . It's actually a wonder that in the last 20 years we haven't had a third major party pop up (Greens always poll well, but when election day comes, they aren't worth the risk) given the ineptitude shown by the ALP.

It;s a shame Rudd never showed the emotion he showed giving his final speech as PM during his reign. Things may have turned out different.

But now with Abbott v Gillard, politics might just get the spark back that's been missing since Keating.
Old 26-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #90
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Agreed we will be off to the poles very soon...
Yep.. they'll want to capitalise on the "vote for a woman, its cool" vote while its hot...

The sooner people start to vote for party policy rather than the figurehead who gets to speak for the party the better we'll all be....