Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #61
z80
Banned

Default Re: EDUCATION ! boasting proud dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Z80, no offence mate but you haven't got a clue what you're on about. .
Yeah...right, sure thing mate.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #62
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Excellent retort! Now would you like to continue or just sit quietly and let gtfpv have his thread? I've been to both public and private schools and trust me, your comments are a million miles off the mark. You generalize far too much and even then, your generalizations aren't really based on how things really are.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #63
z80
Banned

Quote:
Excellent retort! Now would you like to continue or just sit quietly and let gtfpv have his thread? I've been to both public and private schools and trust me, your comments are a million miles off the mark. You generalize far too much and even then, your generalizations aren't really based on how things really are.
I really place no value on your opinions or comments, simply saying that you know more than me and everyone else is...your opinion.

You really say nothing except hit and run insult comments and to protect yourself you suggest we stay on topic and "just sit quietly" ?

How nice of you to troll 6 month old posts...

Last edited by z80; 09-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #64
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Having seen the thread at the top, I figured the thread was new. The date you posted in here is irrelevant, the comments you made regarding public schools are incorrect.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #65
z80
Banned

Quote:
The date you posted in here is irrelevant, the comments you made regarding public schools are incorrect.

Gee wizzz....is that it?

You reckon I am wrong about six months ago..?

Congratulations...you have an opinion.

I for one just aren't interested in it, now how about you politely stop posting your opinion at the expense of berating others' so as not to bore everyone to death especially the original poster?
This user likes this post:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #66
gtfpv
GT

hi guys not offended by anyones opinion on which schools are the best . i'm pretty sure the select school i referr too here , which my daughter doesnt attend , would have immigrant students (infact 97%) of them are immigrants with an entirely different emphasis on education than the public schoolmy daughter attends . for example my daughter is allowed to play , choose her friends ,is not tutered outside of school , and is not disciplined if she doesnt come 1st , and isnt aiming to be a judge in law , or brain surgeon as some people in select schools are told they must do to please their parents , now please , i dont want my daughter competing against students as such ,
i am simply stating that the world is your oyster , and it can be done in public schools too , and i'm sure if my daughter wants she could probably aim high , but thats a choice , not a demand .
my daughter was dux of her school , not dux of another , however that must say she is quite clever in my opinion , others may not think so in respect to the marks acheived by forced genius expectation , but that is thier call , and nothing to do with this thread , i hope that clarifies this topic .
regardless i see it as a moment in time , not a road to happiness or success , i know too many rich people who cannot read or write , and toomany happy people living in housoes to stand in judgement .

PS : my son made prefect , not captain or vice captain , those titles went to the children whos parents sponsor the public school in various ways , as happened with my daughter in year 6 as well . she made prefect and the captain and vice captains parents were heavily involved with the primary school . therefore i am happy er that my daughter appeared to make high school dux of her own merit .
and 2ndly i had to spend a day telling/ reassuring my son that because he didnt make captain we are proud as punch and dont measure success on paper . i asked him how many kids applied for school leadership , he said 26 , out of 26, 8 got in and the others cried , and i said see , your one of the 8 , and your sad cause you didnt make captain . if you want success its up to you to judge what success is , and then seek it yourself , dont allow others to gauge your success by a piece of paper .
anyway thats where i stand with education , and am as proud as punch with my kids .
others know the real truth on deception and money , who you know and what you know . my kids are very much aware of these things also , and know at a young age how many people are happy / against perceived criteria .

Last edited by gtfpv; 10-12-2011 at 04:46 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #67
z80
Banned

At the end of the day GTFPV, your kids will do well no matter what school they go to.

Probably cause of their DNA or the parental involvement or both...
Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #68
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gtfpv, i haven't read all your posts in this thread, but the ones i have, you seem to think the school rejected your daughter? just in case my perception is correct, i'd like to say they don't get to. tens of thousands of kids nominate which school they are applying for and then sit the test. there are limited spots and the schools offers places in order of results. there's no other selection criteria as far as i remember? i think the year my eldest sat the test, there were 15,000 vying for 3500 places state wide. my eldest daughter got offered a place at a selective high school, my youngest daughter did not. like your daughter though, she is thriving at another school (although not at the level of your daughter!) and returned good results in the school certificate. my oldest is sweating on her HSC results which i believe will be out in about a weeks time...

anyway. just wanted to say it's great to see a dad who is proud of his kid's achievements.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at

Last edited by mondo_broady; 11-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
gtfpv, i haven't read all your posts in this thread, but the ones i have, you seem to think the school rejected your daughter? just in case my perception is correct, i'd like to say they don't get to. tens of thousands of kids nominate which school they are applying for and then sit the test. there are limited spots and the schools offers places in order of results. there's no other selection criteria as far as i remember? i think the year my eldest sat the test, there were 15,000 vying for 3500 places state wide. my eldest daughter got offered a place at a selective high school, my youngest daughter did not. like your daughter though, she is thriving at another school (although not at the level of your daughter!) and returned good results in the school certificate. my oldest is sweating on her HSC results which i believe will be out in about a weeks time...

anyway. just wanted to say it's great to see a dad who is proud of his kid's achievements.

thanks mate . actually my daughter did not get into nthe select school , her marks were low , which did baffle us at the time , others we know got in because thier sibblings go there . anyway , it was her marks that missed her getting in .
Old 29-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #70
gtfpv
GT

Daughters debating team has beaten all sydney's area district schools years 7/8 , these include private / select/ and public . My daughter goes to the public school that all the parents were concerned about .
she has just gotten her report card . last year she was DUX of year 7 . this year in the 1/2 year report she is 1st and 2nd in the year in most subjects . her worst result 5th in the year for a subject .
Now when we discuss things i tell her things where i get corrected . LOL . She may reference things like the constitution of Australia and things like that; which kind've silences me, LOL . She has quite a broad knowledge . It's just an update , I'm still proud and unashamed that i sent her to a mixed public school . the schools do acknowledge active students over a broad range of activities , education trips to universities etc . I have no complaints with the public system , perhaps she may be better in a select privilidged school , but i don't want her in the company of people who get places because they pay , regardless of their capabilities .
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #71
gtfpv
GT

it only gets better , this year my daughter has acheived DUX OF YEAR 8 . thats 2 years running . with 1st in maths, science, history and language , 2nd in english , PDHPE , performing arts , and technology , 4th in visual arts
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #72
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deleted

Last edited by chamb0; 12-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.
chamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #73
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a big well done from me to both of you, one to you for being so supportive in her tough years and two to her for being such a great kid, keep it up

never met a littlie I didn't like, never heard a story about a kiddie that I wont listen to

top marks to dad and daughter!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #74
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Well done to your Daughter mate, you have yourself to pat on the back as well, she wouldn't do this well, without the support of her parents
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #75
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford888 View Post
cool story bro.

I have a dog that can shake hands.
2 posts and then posts this garbage on our family forum. Take your "cool" story to another forum champion. Your post content is not wanted on our family friendly forum.

Last edited by Auslandau; 13-12-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Keep the personals out
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #76
robbyj
Rob

congrats mate, she sounds a bit like my sister who just finished year 12, she got on the honor role and many academic excellence awards, and probably will get Dux. She was forever studying and had the right attitude, much like the sounds of your daughter, she's going to do well no matter what school she attends. With the right attitude from you and herself.

As far as this whole schools debate. I attended a private catholic school (i dont believe in religion though) and i had many friends who attended the public school nearby.
Sure in early highschool there are a lot of dropkicks who attend before they can drop out. But from year 11/12, there was no difference in the education levels of either school. In fact my ex girlfriend who attended the public school just finished uni, and got a High Distinction in every subject she did.

It's all about attitude and the want to learn. Keep being proud and your daughter will go far.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #77
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

And then she leaves school and all the words, letters and numbers count for jack.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #78
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
And then she leaves school and all the words, letters and numbers count for jack.

.......I would wager this fine lass will go far.......she has love, support and encouragement from her dad and is obviously one smart cookie......the world is hers

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 13-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #79
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

You cannot purchase two things.

Drive and work ethic.

Regardless of the school you go to... both will take you further than anything.

Jack

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #80
gtfpv
GT

hi thanks for the encouraging replies everyone , i am very proud in the moment . i believe the world is every childs oyster , regardless of which path they choose .

when i got home today , my wife came out the front with our cockerspanial , whom just received a proffessional dog grooming today , the dog looked better than last time it was groomed . in the house in front of my daughter , i asked the wife , How much was the dog cut ? it looks good .
$65 she replied and they do about 25 dogs per day , and 40 dogs on saturday .
my ears piped up and i said , hmmm thats about 10 grand a week turnover for grooming dogs !i said to my daughter imagine you did that for a living , youd be quite well off in a few short years without even going to law school .

just to throw that in the mix .

and when she talks about politics as a career , i always say , you need to become dishonest , a great deceiver and more worldly for that , perhaps you can have a chat and get a few tips ff your young brother for that . LOL
Old 13-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #81
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just keep the support up mate and she will do just fine in her chosen field, whatever that may be

Old 13-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #82
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Positive threads are for positive comments ..... cannot see how a negativity can come out of topics like these, but some can somehow always find away!

Congrats and always good to see your kids do well .....

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #83
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

Well what a surprise.....

Before anyone starts I am not great at grammar or punctuation..... I don't care. Now to my reply. The op is so proud of his kids he just wanted to share his joy. But what a surprise the crap about private vs public over shadows the post. Education will only get you so far you still need commitment and drive to achieve. I personally know some of the nicest very wealthy and respected in their chosen fields,some went public some went private. Also the same arrogant ****** male and female the same.

Well done to your children you should be proud of them and rightly so. I am also a proud parent of 4 wonderful daughters. One a mother,one a business owner and two still at school. I have said to all of them they can achieve anything they want if they put all the effort in. If people stopped being classist everyone would be better off

Cheers Gary
ego gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #84
Spudz27
Call me Spud

May I boast in this thread? My daughter who is in year one, has achieved the book award for her year. Since the day she began kindy her teachers have praised just how intelligent she is and how she goes out of her way to abide by and improve on the school standards, her respect for others etc. So now she is being rewarded for that, hopefully it continues. The only downside is she likes to work alone and when she talks she addresses the adults in the room and not children.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #85
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another great little kiddie.....sounds like she has spent most of her life so far around adults.....she will adjust and do very well......my other "granddaughter" is exactly like that, 6 going on 35

my granddaughter, apple of my eye, has just started school, still in the orientation stage as yet, she found Kindy a bit hard, hopefully she will be better in school....

she is a little, shall we say, grown up for her age/spoilt and head strong........granddads fault I'm afraid

2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #86
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
May I boast in this thread? My daughter who is in year one, has achieved the book award for her year. Since the day she began kindy her teachers have praised just how intelligent she is and how she goes out of her way to abide by and improve on the school standards, her respect for others etc. So now she is being rewarded for that, hopefully it continues. The only downside is she likes to work alone and when she talks she addresses the adults in the room and not children.
mate thats fantastic . and funny to hear , its great watching your childs individual personality develop , your daughter seems to know who to direct her intellectual thoughts to .
Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #87
gtfpv
GT

SO PROUD OF MY DAUGHTER . SHE HAS DONE IT AGAIN IN YEAR 9 . DUX !! 3RD YEAR RUNNING . with 1st in maths , 1st in science , 1st in commerce, 1st in personal development and health and P.E. 1st in Drama .1st in food technology, 2nd in english and 2nd in history . in the whole of year 9 . some of the classes are combined year 9/10 classes and she topped them too .
thats 3 years in a row .
havent had the sons report yet , but he is up for some yr 7 award . i'll have to see on that one . WOOHOO .
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #88
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Yeah, im feeling ya vibe right now fella, just got back from my eldest Daughters graduation ceremony.
She topped the school and gained a scholarship for next year...woohoo!!!

This recognition, on top of being selected to once again represent South Australia in the upcoming U18 test against Victoria, tops off a great year for her.

I tell ya, all the bad moods and girlie problems are worth it when you see your child succeed and recognised for their efforts.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #89
gtfpv
GT

Bent 8 that is simply brilliant . Well done to her and you !!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #90
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Cheers, and congrats to you and your family.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post