Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #61
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
It starts off with the mums that go shopping with their tribe of uncontrolled brats that want every lolly and toy in the place. The mums just let the brats run wild, no effort at discipline whatsoever, the word "no" is not in their vocabulary. The brats are screaming and running around, touching, playing, eating everything they can possibly get their grubby little mits on. Mum will leave the trolley in the middle of the aisle while she wanders around seemingly in a daze while she trys to work out what it was she actually came to the supermarket to do. Haven't they heard of a shopping list? You know, where you write down on a bit of paper what itis you want to buy before you go shopping?
You've been to Campbelltown mall on a thursday morning haven't ya...lol

Old 20-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #62
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS99 Ute man
i work at a fruit shop and boy o boy!
i think i chucked out about EIGHT quaters of watermelon cause the little kids drive there fingers into the plastic to make holes throughout it!
and the parents watch and pretend they saw nothing!

Also, when i was kid i used to do the same thing!

I remember when I was 4, causing a watermelon avalanche at the local fruit shop. I was trying to push the trolley and hit the table thingy showing off all the watermelons. One after the other they fell off, about 10 or so spattered on the floor.. Mum wasn't happy with me.

Old 20-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #63
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Amazing, ALL of you young whipper snappers are going to get OLD? or maybe something will get you long before you can become a bother to society.

These people may seem a tad painful to deal with but I am sure you lot will be equally as nasty? Ever thought of taking the time to understand? To the guy that is embarrassed by his Nan, maybe she would be hurt to knwo that her grandson finds her so funny and repulsive?

I have 9 grandchildren and the eldest are 13 and young ladies. Not once have they ever seen me as a source of fun or giggling behind my back.

Stick around Kiddies and watch the mirror daily for WRINKLES and OTHER signs of aging.
Old 20-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #64
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Young people think they know everything.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 20-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #65
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Amazing, ALL of you young whipper snappers are going to get OLD? or maybe something will get you long before you can become a bother to society.
Then there's the saying: "Today's angry young men are tomorrow's boring old farts". Watch out - it may be you tomorrow!

Agree there's lots of funny things in supermarkets from people of all ages. Best thing I've seen is a couple of old farts (ex angry young people I suppose), husband and wife, very old. The husband is doddering around with the trolley trying to go through a closed checkout. Mrs loses her block with him (she's much bigger), grabs him and the trolley bodily together and hurls husband and trolley into an open checkout. Amazed they've stayed married so long.
Old 20-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #66
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:

These people may seem a tad painful to deal with but I am sure you lot will be equally as nasty? Ever thought of taking the time to understand? To the guy that is embarrassed by his Nan, maybe she would be hurt to knwo that her grandson finds her so funny and repulsive?

I have 9 grandchildren and the eldest are 13 and young ladies. Not once have they ever seen me as a source of fun or giggling behind my back.

Stick around Kiddies and watch the mirror daily for WRINKLES and OTHER signs of aging.
We live in an ageing society, so things will just get worse until soylent green is legalized.

The person you are referring to is a grand daughter, not a grand son. But I assume that mistake is easy to make with all us young people wearing pants now days right?

As an adult myself, I have the right, nay, the duty! to hate anyone I wish, irregardless of age(Including elderly family members). You also have that right, but you may need to write their name & gender on your hand for future reference.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 20-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #67
boss-290

Now with this RU 486, our Australian nation as we know it will be doomed in decades to come... :
Old 20-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #68
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
Then there's the saying: "Today's angry young men are tomorrow's boring old farts". Watch out - it may be you tomorrow!

Agree there's lots of funny things in supermarkets from people of all ages. Best thing I've seen is a couple of old farts (ex angry young people I suppose), husband and wife, very old. The husband is doddering around with the trolley trying to go through a closed checkout. Mrs loses her block with him (she's much bigger), grabs him and the trolley bodily together and hurls husband and trolley into an open checkout. Amazed they've stayed married so long.
I think he stays with her out of fear.

I think most of us look at these old farts and will not follow their example
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 20-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #69
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
haha ur 5 yr old son is awesome as.
Your'e damned right Josh ;)

Best little bloke a dad could have
Old 20-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #70
Yummy Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky

Yeah, he's just like his mother. :voldar02:
Old 20-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #71
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
...irregardless...
You learned the English language from American cereal boxes, didn't you! You do realist that the above is NOT a real word? Stupid teenagers... : : :

GET BACK TO SCHOOL, HIPPY!!! :baby bott
Old 20-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #72
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:

I've no intention of getting old . I'd prefer to die before I get to the point where everything in my body begins to stop working and before I turn into a geriatric old fart who displays erratic and rude behaviour ;).

BTW a recent study proved that the brains of old people have degeneration within the areas that govern their behaviour, e.g. manners. Apparently it explains why old people gradually start saying exactly what they're thinking rather than biting their tongue and being polite.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #73
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
You learned the English language from American cereal boxes, didn't you! You do realist that the above is NOT a real word? Stupid teenagers... : : :

GET BACK TO SCHOOL, HIPPY!!! :baby bott
No I didnt "realist" that. Silly me.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 20-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #74
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't we get back to the original very funny bit of this thread rather than an ageist slanging match? Old Fartism is a state of the mind. There are plenty of 20 year old Old Farts around and plenty of eighty year olds with young minds trapped in a body that's letting them down. And there's Camry drivers too ... C'mon, more supermarket ones please!
Old 20-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #75
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
These people may seem a tad painful to deal with but I am sure you lot will be equally as nasty? Ever thought of taking the time to understand? To the guy that is embarrassed by his Nan, maybe she would be hurt to know that her grandson finds her so funny and repulsive?
Firstly as Sourbastard mentioned I'm her grand-daughter, and secondly, maybe she should consider how the things she says and does hurt me.
I certainly didn't appreciate her telling me I was fat, and would "never find a man" in front of ALL my friends and family at both my 18th and 21st birthday parties.
I don't appreciate being given old cheap fake "pearls", while she goes off telling everyone they are real, and were bought while she was in Japan.
When it was obvious to everyone who looked at them, that they were plastic beads because all the paint has chipped off.
She knew damn well they were fake too, because she wouldn't let me keep the black velvert box she handed them to me in.
As were the next 3 sets she gave me, when we tried telling her she'd given me the wrong ones.
I would have much prefered to get nothing, if she was going to make such a scene.
Or as happened the Christmas just gone, she gave me an old coathanger, with a paint sample chip as a card.
She tries to palm all her old ИИИИ off onto us, when we actually take the time to go out and spend money, and buy her something new.

I am her only grandchild, my father is her only child.
Even he has had enough of her, and avoids her as much as possible.
Never once in the 50 or so years he can recall did she ever tell him she loved him, or gave him a hug.
In fact his most vivid memory, was her sitting all night at the foot of his bed, watching him sleep. With a knife in her hand.

My maternal grandmother on the other hand, was everything you could possibly ask for in a grandmother. Kind, caring, affectionate.
She didn't have much money, but it didn't matter, her company was enough for me.

I would have done anything for her, and watching her die in front of me, knowing I couldn't do anything to ease her pain, is the hardest thing I've ever done.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 20-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #76
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
As an adult myself, I have the right, nay, the duty! to hate anyone I wish, irregardless of age(Including elderly family members). You also have that right, but you may need to write their name & gender on your hand for future reference.
I'm neither ageist, racist or sexist, I hate everyone equally.
I could quote Gunny Sargent Hartman form Full Metal Jacket, but I suspect half the words result in those wierd backwards NNNNs....
Old 20-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #77
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I am her only grandchild, my father is her only child.
Even he has had enough of her, and avoids her as much as possible.
Never once in the 50 or so years he can recall did she ever tell him she loved him, or gave him a hug.
In fact his most vivid memory, was her sitting all night at the foot of his bed, watching him sleep. With a knife in her hand.
That is really f**ked in the head.

Why that "woman" isn't in a mental institution is beyond me.

I'm really lost for words here, because I know absolutely no-one that age who acts like that.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #78
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky

Very nice words there Kooky.

Last edited by devilracer_01; 20-02-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 24-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #79
ltd
Force Fed Fords

You know, whilst it is all fun and laughter to make light of the predicaments old people are in, as well as to become frustrated at some of the things they do; one inescapable fact remains. Me you and everybody here will get old, if you're lucky enough to live that long.

Whilst some people may find it funny to laugh at people trying to save 5 cents here and there, when you are on a pension and a very limited income you too will find it difficult to survive. Even though I hear you say that you have superannuation; Bzzzzzt. Wrong. It is not enough. You would need to have superannuation dating back to when you started work as well as you would need to have matched your employer contributions in order to make it worth while when you retire - and even then, are you gonna waste it on extravagance or are you going to be careful with it?

I have seen some of the horrible things that kids like some in this thread do, and they may think its funny or harmless but it really is quite scornful. Again I'll say it, you will all one day be old. Additionally, most are likely to suffer some pretty embarrassing problems too, like the incontinence, dimentia, diabetes, stroke, just to name a few. (some of which have been made fun of here)

If you're really lucky, you'll get to go to a home where you'll be treated by impatient little bastards that are extremely forceful, dim witted and at times vicious. (I'll send you transcripts of some proceedings if you like in particular an old man with dimentia and his abusive, impatient nurse caught on camera constantly hitting him).

Finally, I'm not here to beat my chest but I just ask for a little courtesy and recognition that we all will be old at some point - making fun of the conditions old people suffer is absolutely ridiculous as most of us will likely suffer atleast one. Me personally, I like old people, generally I find they are friendly, warm, respectful and interesting to listen to; you tend to find that when you realise that you too will one day be old.

Quote: