Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No.

While people want high wages, low hours and penalty rates for night/weekend/holiday YET scream if the pubs, shops and whatever are not open 24 hours a day 7 days a week so you can do whatever WHEN IT SUITS YOU and people argue and bargain and try to screw cheaper prices on everything they buy e.g. a new FPV for $50k it will continue.

To make it simpler. While YOU (collective you) the consumer are selfish and do not care about anyone else then YOU have no right to complain when no one cares about you.

Here is a thought. In a hypothetical situation, Ford Australia are about to close manufacturing.

They offer a plan to recover. ALL new Falcons/FPVs are fixed price, no discount and you must order what you want in advance so there will be no end of model runouts or discounted demos.

Do you:

a) Pay $68,995 for your GT or $55,655 for your XR6T and feel happy that you are saving your favorite marque from extiction.

or

b) Whinge and moan on an internet forum that you have been forced to buy a FWD Taurus or Mondeo because falcons are too dear and blame everyone but yourself for the loss of of an Australian Icon.
Pretty sure people will say they will do a but in reality will do b.

OK here's a question for the business owners out there. What would you guys/girls like to help you in your businesses that would allow you to have a better bottom line and look at expansion or employing more staff??
Old 26-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #62
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

OK here's a question for the business owners out there. What would you guys/girls like to help you in your businesses that would allow you to have a better bottom line and look at expansion or employing more staff??
For Rudd to stop talking down the economy for a start. I'm getting sick and tired of him saying how tough times are and how much tougher they're gonna get....This just makes people nervous and gives a poor perception....We need a positive leader with vision.....Seems his newly elected US equivalent is not much better either

Someone also needs to tell him (Rudd) that climate change is not the biggest problem we have to confront....This is a good distraction so he doesn't have to deal with the hard issues he has no idea about.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by GT0132; 26-02-2009 at 06:09 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #63
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

Funny you should ask.....

For GovCo.
Get rid of GST and BAS, sales tax worked very well, it was just "philosophically wrong".
Get rid of FBT, we all don't need 1 ton utes.
Get rid of super, that is the employees responsibility.
Introduce personal penalties for public servants who take too long to do things and stuff it up completely, that is MAKE THEM RESPONSIBLE.

For employees.
Attitude, attitude, attitude.... if you look after your job it will look after you, if you are out scam all you can, you will get scammed.

For educators.

IT training in web sites and program writing is to the real world of IT what interior decorating and architecture is to construction. Yes they are need but more carpenters, plumbers, electricians etc are needed.
Train people in opsys recovery, virus removal, internetworking, problem solving etc. PLEASE.
And don't keep telling everyone that IT techs all earn $100,000++.....

For customers.

Remember that we are human too. Sometimes we stuff up, usually not on purpose (except if you REALLY annoy us) but we will fix it. Also we don't actually make the parts for your 25 year old "who flung dung" gizmo so sometimes we just can't get them. Again this is not a sales ploy.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #64
timmo

The fixed price example for an XR6T is spot on.
AS I worked for the company i'd like to add:
Pac Brands is not just bonds, king gee and hard yakka. Because these brands are iconic it means that tugging on heart strings will sell papers and increase ratings. From a fashion point of view, which I'm sure a lot of you wear, Pac Brands has the licences for Stussy, Mossimo, Mooks, Paul Frank, Everlast, World Ind. and SuperDry, all of which are designed here, but manufactured in China. This is out of necessity, because there is a limited market for people who are willing to spend more than $100 on a T-Shirt, which the price would be if it was manufactured in Australia. There has never been a TT or ACA special on these brands manufacturing in China, still the same company.
I'm all for Australian owned and made in principal, as I'm sure the majority are, but we've created this ourselves by this bargain mentality we've adopted which means we will settle for the cheapest price. Which means out of necessity, these brands will continue to look for the cheaper manufacturing option. In 5 months time, when the first shipment of Bonds undies drops in Big W with a Made in China label there won't be a boycott, there will be an acceptance that the price for very comfy boxers has dropped from 15 to 10...
timmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #65
Barry_v
rocknrolla

I'm pretty sure the govt handouts arent specifically addressed to single mothers. you could just as easily say that business tax cuts are aimed to line the pockets of greedy shareholders. its an idiotic stereotype and even small business owners should be able to see that.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Since when is a Subaru Outback something to brag about?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #67
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
I'm pretty sure the govt handouts arent specifically addressed to single mothers. you could just as easily say that business tax cuts are aimed to line the pockets of greedy shareholders. its an idiotic stereotype and even small business owners should be able to see that.

Sure, but when it comes to government handouts, solo mothers with 4 or 5 kids seems to be first demographic that springs to mind, right or wrong. Another category would be dole bludgers
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #68
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Hey I have an even BETTER idea for wages.

Under King Flappist the new rules are:

All employees are casual contractors.
They are given ALL of the money they earn (so they get roughly double what they get now).
They are paid the same hourly rate whenever they work (dont want to work on weekends or night, no problem someone else will).
They look after their own tax.
They look after their own super.
They look after their own holidays.
They look after their own comp/insurance.
They look after their own training, tools and equipment.
They can come and go as they please.
They can be stood down at a minutes notice.
There is no long service leave.
There are no sickies.
RDOs are available whenever they want to take them.

After all, employees are responsible adults and can look after themselves, why do they need someone else to do it for them?

After all this is how it is for me and anyone else who is an employer.........
Flappist I am begining to think you were once a warrant officer in the RAAf I heard something very similar once
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #69
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Since when is a Subaru Outback something to brag about?

you know, i was thinking the same thing
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #70
bingoTE50
Steve

Well I owned a Company for seven years , it is a 24/7 occupation. The first holiday I had I got pnuemonia....
But , since I sold it ,I cannot work for others, so I am looking to get back on the horse again....
There is nothing better than charting your own course without red tape from others.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #71
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Well I owned a Company for seven years , it is a 24/7 occupation. The first holiday I had I got pnuemonia....
But , since I sold it ,I cannot work for others, so I am looking to get back on the horse again....
There is nothing better than charting your own course without red tape from others.
Apparently thats normal you run a business you have to be there so you dont have time to be sick . Have your first holiday in 7 years and you get sick
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #72
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73gscoupe
Its a very carefully designed emotional piece to get a specific response.

It also uses extreme and very specific examples. Think Kerry Packer was eating baked beans and driving a rusty toyota corolla when he started out?

Think the guy earning 50K and doing 38 hours a week was living it up big time when he was doing uni or his apprenticeship? I dont think so.

Im sorry, but i just dont see that Buisnesses need tax cuts. Mind you I also disagee with the government giving money away to the general populus which will probably just blow it on useless consumer crap.

If the government really wanted to stimulate the economy they would pour the money into infastructure and capital projects. Its a tried and proven method.
"It also uses extreme and very specific examples"
I disagree , I am in business and agree whole heartidly are you in business ?
"but i just dont see that Buisnesses need tax cuts" ah so you are not in business , perhaps you might politics as the myopothy already effects you

I must say although specifically tuned to illicite a given response the "letter" is a gem and truthful in the extreme.
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #73
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's all about working from & with solid foundations & structures.
Be truthful in what you are doing to your self & others.
Don't be fooled or lead astray by schmucks ?
You have to have time for your family or the whole exercise is in vain.
A 8 HR day is fine, but there should be extra dollars in it for overtime.
Don't sink so low as to being a jewbag.
If some one is incompetent a thief, dishonest, corrupt, they have to get the sack.
About 10 years ago i did not really comprehend how deep "the us vs them" problem really was.
The liberal party gave life! to the labour party. and the labor party have been all the way.
All to the detriment of Australia.
The building industry in QLD is a absolute disgrace. building companies and so called builders these days! have destroyed the industry. we now have incompetent halfwit fools every were. and they will not listen. because they are on a mission to them self.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #74
gtfpv
GT

i've had the luxury ( or experience of being on both sides of the fence with this .
let me tell you both arent easy. both have there ups and downs . i havent had the experience of being a single mother . or the child of one though .
so i remain neutral and refuse to comment on such things . however it aint easy for many . except a very very small minority of unfairly rewarded super million airs .
that about it .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post