Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-01-2014, 02:11 AM   #781
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When people quote themselves in Facebook statuses.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #782
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Mate, have you seen your doctor? Nothing worse than lack of sleep.
seeing the doctor today thank goodness hopefully sort it out, so painful not being able to get sleep.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #783
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
seeing the doctor today thank goodness hopefully sort it out, so painful not being able to get sleep.
Don't hold back tell him the truth, I go through "cycle's"......3 or 4 months of waking up dead on 4am and not being able to go back to sleep until around 6am (just when I am about to get up) I feel like a dead man walking during this period, can't function at all.

Rest of the year I am fine, I would not wish sleep depravation on my worst enemy, worst thing out.

Get it sorted.

bloody plumber's......I don't know why I bother to call them in, cost me a fortune then stuff the job up...far better if I did the job myself.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #784
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Don't hold back tell him the truth, I go through "cycle's"......3 or 4 months of waking up dead on 4am and not being able to go back to sleep until around 6am (just when I am about to get up) I feel like a dead man walking during this period, can't function at all.

Rest of the year I am fine, I would not wish sleep depravation on my worst enemy, worst thing out.

Get it sorted.

bloody plumber's......I don't know why I bother to call them in, cost me a fortune then stuff the job up...far better if I did the job myself.
just got back from the doc, he's subscribed me on what he qoute's "will knock me for ten" 1mg Respiradone(spelling??) also said l can't drive until the issue is gone for obvious reasons, fatigue being the big one, can't wait for my sleep tonight said to take 45min before bed here's hoping he is right.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #785
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i hate leaving work at 11pm to find out you have no headlights, have highbeams and parkers but parkers stay on when you flick to headlights

geez i shouldve paid more attention in year 8 applied electrical classes
off to the auto elecs i go tomorrow
geez i hate that
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #786
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just got back from the doc, he's subscribed me on what he qoute's "will knock me for ten" 1mg Respiradone(spelling??) also said l can't drive until the issue is gone for obvious reasons, fatigue being the big one, can't wait for my sleep tonight said to take 45min before bed here's hoping he is right.
if you can stick to one or two good nights sleep per week by taking the pills it will be far better for you than looking to take the damn things every night.

I guarantee you will wake up feeling like crap after a dose of sleepy tabs, better to minimise their usage to just enough to get by on.

I tried some once, never again, I couldn't work, head was full of cotton candy, couldn't concentrate.

maybe a "natural", less "harsh", relaxant would be better, tie this together with a "regime" of night time preparation methods.

start to wind down around 7pm, no excitement, no stimulants after 8pm, dim the lights.

no reading in bed, no tv in bed......do not get up during an "awake" session, lie there and force your body back to sleep.

look at a "regular" schedule of, say, bed at 10.30pm......up at 8am......be strict.

this helped me..........good luck.....not easy.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #787
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
if you can stick to one or two good nights sleep per week by taking the pills it will be far better for you than looking to take the damn things every night.

I guarantee you will wake up feeling like crap after a dose of sleepy tabs, better to minimise their usage to just enough to get by on.

I tried some once, never again, I couldn't work, head was full of cotton candy, couldn't concentrate.

maybe a "natural", less "harsh", relaxant would be better, tie this together with a "regime" of night time preparation methods.

start to wind down around 7pm, no excitement, no stimulants after 8pm, dim the lights.

no reading in bed, no tv in bed......do not get up during an "awake" session, lie there and force your body back to sleep.

look at a "regular" schedule of, say, bed at 10.30pm......up at 8am......be strict.

this helped me..........good luck.....not easy.
Thanks for the Advice Poppa really appreciate the support not many people in my life right now.

Brendan
3 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #788
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
i hate leaving work at 11pm to find out you have no headlights, have highbeams and parkers but parkers stay on when you flick to headlights

geez i shouldve paid more attention in year 8 applied electrical classes
off to the auto elecs i go tomorrow
geez i hate that
Don't worry mate I did electrical from year 8 all the way through to year 12 and did peoples theory work if they did my prac, because I didn't need electrical and just did it to bludge my way through school.

Then I ended up being an auto electrician.....
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #789
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for the Advice Poppa really appreciate the support not many people in my life right now.

Brendan
Anytime mate......you've got plenty of friends in here....been down myself a few time's, I know what it's like.

What's the saying....."don't let them get ya!"

The number of folks in your life is not important, the quality of folks in your life is.

I wish someone would turn that bloody heater off......crikey.....enough is enough!

2 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #790
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anytime mate......you've got plenty of friends in here....been down myself a few time's, I know what it's like.

What's the saying....."don't let them get ya!"

The number of folks in your life is not important, the quality of folks in your life is.

I wish someone would turn that bloody heater off......crikey.....enough is enough!
thats a good one my current favourite is:

"what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger"
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #791
DreadlyST

Quote:
a past long ago left for dead coming and biting me in the *** bloody insomnia is killing me!!!! (insomnia i thought had left me for good last time clearly not the damned case, haven't slept since friday!!!!) seriously ****ed and my temperament as a result aint too flash at the moment.
Here is a suggestion for you that's a little outside the box,......
Smoking Hops.
Should get ya in a sleepy mood and will not have any of the negative effects associated with prescription meds or smoking any other sort of substance!
From here : http://www.urbanhuntress.com/2012/10/foraging-hops/
Quote:
Hops have sedative and hypnotic actions and they have been used for centuries as a remedy for insomnia. They are a perfect straight-up bedtime herb. They have a relaxing effect on the central nervous system, reducing tension and anxiety throughout the body and can be helpful when physical tension is causing other problems like insomnia, headaches and indigestion such as nervous diarrhea.
A quick google search on smoking hops will provide you with lots more info!
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #792
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Tell him he's dreaming.... well the above clown certainly deserves to be in that group of sellers but then it begs the question... what category does this one belong in?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=121251555000

No... your eyes are not playing tricks on you...
Y'know, you really do have waaay too much time on your hands
Old 16-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #793
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Y'know, you really do have waaay too much time on your hands
At least they offer free postage to australia.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #794
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not allowed to cut the sandwiches on the bench top now (she is watching).......so I cut them on the cutting board, okay fair enough........BUT

how the hell do I get the glad wrap under the sandwich and the cut sandwich off the cutting board without having tomatoes or cheese going everywhere.

bloody tomatoes spilling out the side of the sanger as I try to transfer the sandwich then glad wrap sticking to itself..........Geez I hate that.

Old 17-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #795
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Thumbs up Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
not allowed to cut the sandwiches on the bench top now (she is watching).......so I cut them on the cutting board, okay fair enough........BUT

how the hell do I get the glad wrap under the sandwich and the cut sandwich off the cutting board without having tomatoes or cheese going everywhere.

bloody tomatoes spilling out the side of the sanger as I try to transfer the sandwich then glad wrap sticking to itself..........Geez I hate that.
Cut it on the board

Put the gladwrap over the top, hold hand on top of it, pick up board, flip it over.
For you, flip it while over the sink in case tomato juice goes flying. See how that goes.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #796
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Cut it on the board

Put the gladwrap over the top, hold hand on top of it, pick up board, flip it over.
For you, flip it while over the sink in case tomato juice goes flying. See how that goes.
this is exactly what l do haha even used pegs once to hold the glad wrap in place.

another one is constructing the sandwich on the glad wrap.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #797
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the answer may lie in the size of the board.......at the moment we have one that is 2ft long by 18" wide by 3" thick solid Tassie hardwood, a lovely thing to behold but a very heavy piece of gear.

I'm working on a smaller version using offcuts from the Tassie Oak doors that I am also making, the cutting board MKII should only be 18"L X 12"W X 19mm thick.

This I should be able to manhandle in the manner to which you describe, in theory it should work?

why, should a pin dropped some 5 months ago by my wife in her sewing room end up in MY big toe out in the lounge room, some 30 feet away......where's the equality???

Old 17-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #798
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
this is exactly what l do haha even used pegs once to hold the glad wrap in place.

another one is constructing the sandwich on the glad wrap.
ah! hah! thought about that one, but then how do you cut the sandwich without destroying the glad wrap?

Old 17-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #799
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ah! hah! thought about that one, but then how do you cut the sandwich without destroying the glad wrap?
l'll admit that l don't cut my sandwiches anymore since using this method but considering the annoyance the glad wrap causes its worth not cutting.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #800
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i dont cut my sandwiches at all, havent since i was a kid

we have the caterers roll of glad wrap that is 100 meters i think
i sit the box down pull the glad wrap out to the length i want it and use the cutter on the box to zip it across and cut the wrap
i then pick my sandwich up OFF THE BREAD BOARD lol and place it on the wrap and fold it over

ive never cut on the kitchen top because our breadboard is always on top of the counter
use it, give it a quick wipe down under the tap and then place it back on the counter
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #801
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poppa, real men eat squares not bloody triangles !:peep wall

Cheers Vincenzo - I really do love the places this thread goes

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #802
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

I thought he might have been cutting and wrapping for his kids like I am.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #803
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its obviously much easier to do what I do.......... "can you please make me a sandwich?"
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #804
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Its obviously much easier to do what I do.......... "can you please make me a sandwich?"
yeah but then you won't have control as to how the sandwich is constructed, for all you know you'll be copping a ball of saliva haha.
Old 19-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #805
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeah but then you won't have control as to how the sandwich is constructed, for all you know you'll be copping a ball of saliva haha.
Well you don't just request this from any ol anybody - the one who has been subtly trained is the key here .

(bah, its like she has read this thread, I just got done making the wife a sandwich for the first time in I don't know how long, due to her on crutches as of yesterday!)
Old 19-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #806
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Well you don't just request this from any ol anybody - the one who has been subtly trained is the key here .

(bah, its like she has read this thread, I just got done making the wife a sandwich for the first time in I don't know how long, due to her on crutches as of yesterday!)
as long as you haven't lost the artful skill that is sandwich making you'll be alright
Old 19-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #807
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

beware...... "she who has been subtly trained" may reek revenge upon her "trainer".

my "trainee" became aware of me snoozing yesterday and emptied the ice tray down the front of my trousers............damn near froze my dangly bits off.

3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #808
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love this thread so much here is a summary of topics so far

hard butter - relies visiting - invisible cars - inconsiderate neighbours - flat batteries - take away food containers - 1300 #'s - rude P plate drivers - stopping distance at lights - useless staff - car floor rubbish - lazy wives - bloody dogs - useless bosses - piddling fairies - elbow licking - useless parking - football news - dogs with balls - crusty vegemite rolls - gluten free diets - loud games / smelly feet / keep left - photo bucket - trains - cold showers - hungry teenagers - liars / self absorbed people / police - food thieving partners - whiners - inconsiderate parking - pooping dogs - shrieking wives - springs that have sprung - unsalted KFC chips - traffic blocking driveways - useless teachers / feral kids - portals to other dimensions in the back shed - barefoot lego walking - hungry caterpillars - disabled stickers - fiddly headlight globes - flatulence (smelly) / halitosis - ebay / computer updates - local councils / train boom gates - bruised knees / cracked iPhone screens - anime / cartoons - deaf husbands / mumbling wives - cleaning cars / Perth weather - bogans - Tom Waterhouse ads - incorrect weather forecast - crappy loo paper - 20 min price shoppers - set menus - short electrical cords - auto phone response - CAR PARK <------> TROLLEY BAY - shared restaurant bill - secret liquorice eaters - VN haters - food wasters - work muppets - angelic girl friends - jumbalaya / ring of fire - phone bills - late rising elderly - grumpy oldies - personal space invaders - missing grinder discs - diesel servo pumps - asian personal space - stick families - hoop jumping - AAMI car insurance - house share thieves - car accident rubberneckers - Joshua Dowling - glad wrap / no 6am coffee - cancelled trains / skinny footpaths / property managers - brown nosers - head colds - soccer playing ninja cats - left over food thieves - supa glue(d) to work bench - V8 car revers - wash car -> rain - being pudding less - geographically embarrassed home owners - cancelled trains - 4wd parking - maloo utes - floppy toilet seats - know it alls - car piddling - council whiners - loose clothing - rough loo paper - lying real estate agents - understanding women - pen thieves - control freaks - untimely sms messages - paid parking - email response to requested phone call - flat tyres - wayward golf shots - work phones - flying shrapnel - butter haters - elevator snobs - mongrel thieving ferals - door to door sales - lonely orchestral musicians - nosey neighbours - wire brushes - vomiting kids - paypal refunds - council rates - flu shots - working public holidays - dyslexic typing fingers - paper cuts - cyclists acting like pedestrians - late / non arriving deliveries - cyclist haters - haemorrhoids - unsanitary waiters / waitresses - smelly cattle trucks - Gmail - getting old - foul mouthed mine workers - shifters on nuts - Australia Post charges - toothpaste choice - useless secretaries - servo checkouts - bloody apprentices - sleepwalking kids - rude customers - tinea - sunday mechanics - estimated water bills - fake Gt ads - screwed up drive-thru orders - bad ads - Telstra service - medical non / misdiagnosis - Hardly normal ads - flying chewing gum - lazy property managers - recipe non sharers - broken condoms - non rewound videos - unrealistic bosses - cashless people - job interviews - crooked photo ads - by the book workers - self mutilation (knife) - snapped pan bolts - low doorways - working Sundays - missing baking ingredients - Mrs Smurf's mind changing - mates that aren't - drink straw / shovels - four breasted cyclists - non truth in advertising - non responding businesses - cold callers - chinese instructions - smart mouths - grey nomads driving ability - unprofessional trades - feral neighbours - gumby car parkers - drama queens - pushy / elitist parents - advertising using classic songs - green ants - getting sideswiped - unadjusted headlights - iTunes encoding - American spelling - early rising children - inconsiderate buyers - fast growing weeds - female intuition - holden threads - ebay policy changes - inability to use a roundabout - lying holden drivers - clean freaks - termites / having your wood bitten - unprepared roads - european appliances - short sink taps - free firewood ads - hardware store wood stocks - insomnia - glad wrap sandwich construction - and finally ice trays.

For what it is worth special mention to the OP for his prolific postings, and JPBlue1000 for letting us know he still has an inability to lick his elbow.

Cheers to all for an enjoyable thread - Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #809
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha
....and rightly so!
Old 20-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #810
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
I love this thread so much here is a summary of topics so far

hard butter - relies visiting - invisible cars - inconsiderate neighbours - flat batteries - take away food containers - 1300 #'s - rude P plate drivers - stopping distance at lights - useless staff - car floor rubbish - lazy wives - bloody dogs - useless bosses - piddling fairies - elbow licking - useless parking - football news - dogs with balls - crusty vegemite rolls - gluten free diets - loud games / smelly feet / keep left - photo bucket - trains - cold showers - hungry teenagers - liars / self absorbed people / police - food thieving partners - whiners - inconsiderate parking - pooping dogs - shrieking wives - springs that have sprung - unsalted KFC chips - traffic blocking driveways - useless teachers / feral kids - portals to other dimensions in the back shed - barefoot lego walking - hungry caterpillars - disabled stickers - fiddly headlight globes - flatulence (smelly) / halitosis - ebay / computer updates - local councils / train boom gates - bruised knees / cracked iPhone screens - anime / cartoons - deaf husbands / mumbling wives - cleaning cars / Perth weather - bogans - Tom Waterhouse ads - incorrect weather forecast - crappy loo paper - 20 min price shoppers - set menus - short electrical cords - auto phone response - CAR PARK <------> TROLLEY BAY - shared restaurant bill - secret liquorice eaters - VN haters - food wasters - work muppets - angelic girl friends - jumbalaya / ring of fire - phone bills - late rising elderly - grumpy oldies - personal space invaders - missing grinder discs - diesel servo pumps - asian personal space - stick families - hoop jumping - AAMI car insurance - house share thieves - car accident rubberneckers - Joshua Dowling - glad wrap / no 6am coffee - cancelled trains / skinny footpaths / property managers - brown nosers - head colds - soccer playing ninja cats - left over food thieves - supa glue(d) to work bench - V8 car revers - wash car -> rain - being pudding less - geographically embarrassed home owners - cancelled trains - 4wd parking - maloo utes - floppy toilet seats - know it alls - car piddling - council whiners - loose clothing - rough loo paper - lying real estate agents - understanding women - pen thieves - control freaks - untimely sms messages - paid parking - email response to requested phone call - flat tyres - wayward golf shots - work phones - flying shrapnel - butter haters - elevator snobs - mongrel thieving ferals - door to door sales - lonely orchestral musicians - nosey neighbours - wire brushes - vomiting kids - paypal refunds - council rates - flu shots - working public holidays - dyslexic typing fingers - paper cuts - cyclists acting like pedestrians - late / non arriving deliveries - cyclist haters - haemorrhoids - unsanitary waiters / waitresses - smelly cattle trucks - Gmail - getting old - foul mouthed mine workers - shifters on nuts - Australia Post charges - toothpaste choice - useless secretaries - servo checkouts - bloody apprentices - sleepwalking kids - rude customers - tinea - sunday mechanics - estimated water bills - fake Gt ads - screwed up drive-thru orders - bad ads - Telstra service - medical non / misdiagnosis - Hardly normal ads - flying chewing gum - lazy property managers - recipe non sharers - broken condoms - non rewound videos - unrealistic bosses - cashless people - job interviews - crooked photo ads - by the book workers - self mutilation (knife) - snapped pan bolts - low doorways - working Sundays - missing baking ingredients - Mrs Smurf's mind changing - mates that aren't - drink straw / shovels - four breasted cyclists - non truth in advertising - non responding businesses - cold callers - chinese instructions - smart mouths - grey nomads driving ability - unprofessional trades - feral neighbours - gumby car parkers - drama queens - pushy / elitist parents - advertising using classic songs - green ants - getting sideswiped - unadjusted headlights - iTunes encoding - American spelling - early rising children - inconsiderate buyers - fast growing weeds - female intuition - holden threads - ebay policy changes - inability to use a roundabout - lying holden drivers - clean freaks - termites / having your wood bitten - unprepared roads - european appliances - short sink taps - free firewood ads - hardware store wood stocks - insomnia - glad wrap sandwich construction - and finally ice trays.

For what it is worth special mention to the OP for his prolific postings, and JPBlue1000 for letting us know he still has an inability to lick his elbow.

Cheers to all for an enjoyable thread - Vincenzo
You got a problem bro?

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post