Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #781
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

The US are funding terrorist groups? Is that what they were doing when they armed Afghanistan so they could defend themselves against the Russians? Their system works by giving us something to fear, to justify going to war so companies like Halliburton can line their pockets. Ever read anything about the partnership between Bush and Bin Laden's lot?
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2017, 12:01 AM   #782
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know about the rest of the older brigade here but for me and 99% of the people I knocked around with ( a very diverse group ) in our younger years no one was interested in politics. You voted and got on with life. The hippies lived out in the bush and did their thing and you did what you were interested in.
Now every young person wet behind the ears seems to have an opinion on how our country is run. I would be interested to know what percentage of these people that join protest marches, belong to organisations like GetUp have actually had any real life experience apart from doing an art degree of some sort and being experts on social media.
It is a completely different world now and even when you try and be a straight shooter like Barnaby Joyce who calls a spade a spade you are shot down by P.C warriors from everywhere. So how on earth is a politician going to succeed putting through a tough policy. Especially when they not only have to worry about the voter but their own party who thee days shaft each other more than the opposition ever will. It is B.S
Old 28-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #783
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Ok, that's great. What specifically about him do you like. What policies did you like and why do you like them?

I am having a lot of trouble understanding people's reason for liking his policies. He has said a lot of things and it's hard to pin people down.

You seem to hate "progressives". Which policies of theirs don't you like ?

Are you in favour of repealing the ACA (obama care)? That seems to be a big one amongst Trump supporters?

Has it occurred to you that his supporters, or what you think are his supporters, don't care about his policies or US politics at all?
They're more enjoying the fact that but hurt lefties have had their world turned upside down because they can't wake up to the fact that they're a vocal minority and a huge percentage of the poulation has had enough of their intolerance to differing views, hypocrisy and PC BS.
Invasion day marches, feminist protests, anti trump protests (more like riots), these fools need to keep on what they're doing to have the opposite effect. Slowly waking up the masses no matter how much liberal main stream media tries to cover up their degenerate violent intolerant ways.
Buggered if I know how any one can make excuses for this lot.
Old 28-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #784
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
I don't know about the rest of the older brigade here but for me and 99% of the people I knocked around with ( a very diverse group ) in our younger years no one was interested in politics. You voted and got on with life. The hippies lived out in the bush and did their thing and you did what you were interested in.
Now every young person wet behind the ears seems to have an opinion on how our country is run. I would be interested to know what percentage of these people that join protest marches, belong to organisations like GetUp have actually had any real life experience apart from doing an art degree of some sort and being experts on social media.
It is a completely different world now and even when you try and be a straight shooter like Barnaby Joyce who calls a spade a spade you are shot down by P.C warriors from everywhere. So how on earth is a politician going to succeed putting through a tough policy. Especially when they not only have to worry about the voter but their own party who thee days shaft each other more than the opposition ever will. It is B.S
Maybe I am not as old as you but I remember QLD in the 70s and 80s.

I remember protest marches being outlawed but people marched anyway. I remember the corruption and authoritarian rule of Joh. Jobs for the boys. Christian conservative on the outside and crook underneath.

I remember the other states laughing at QLD and it's corruption and Joh. Often I would hear jokes made at our expense.

The good old days hey!
Old 28-01-2017, 01:05 AM   #785
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Ok, that's great. What specifically about him do you like. What policies did you like and why do you like them?
http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=690

I'll also add some more:

I like his ideas of limiting 'refugees' from the Middle East and Africa, we ourselves here in Melbourne and its surrounds have seen the results of this failed social experiment (Apex et al and areas like Broadmeadows region).

Ideally if we didn't cause so much crap in the Middle East we probably wouldn't have needed to take in refugees from there in the first place.

The Middle East doesn't work under 'democracy', they need a strong dictator and when you dispose of that dictatorship it turns out worse than it was.

Then we import these people under some BS 'humanitarian' act, what for?

We saw it with Brexit, we saw it with Trump, the media and bookies both got it wrong.

The media really showed their hand with all those polls with Trump in with no chance apparently.

Control of their borders, we should do the same.

We don't need Africans, Iraqis, Syrians and Afghans or Islam in its various forms with its backwards views, the Catholic Church is bad enough as it is and hard enough to contend with.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-01-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 28-01-2017, 02:52 AM   #786
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=690

I'll also add some more:

I like his ideas of limiting 'refugees' from the Middle East and Africa, we ourselves here in Melbourne and its surrounds have seen the results of this failed social experiment (Apex et al and areas like Broadmeadows region).

Then we import these people under some BS 'humanitarian' act, what for?

Control of their borders, we should do the same.

We don't need Africans, Iraqis, Syrians and Afghans or Islam in its various forms with its backwards views, the Catholic Church is bad enough as it is and hard enough to contend with.

Franco,
going out on a limb here, your of Greek or Italia decent?
Perhaps, if you are, your family migrated to Australia after the wars?
Perhaps not, but those that did, went to Australia, fleeing persecution, possibly having lost everything or simply, and justifiably to seek a better life and opportunity. It might not be your history but those so called B.S. reasons are easily justified, especially as Australia was complicit in the reasons for those problems. Nearly a century has passed and maybe your family, but certainly many of those families have contributed greatly to the social, cultural and economic outcomes Australia has benefitted from. 30 years ago the south east asian immigrants started to arrive for many of the same reasons, as I imagine you would if you had to, and as with the Europeans, after a generation or so of isolation and conflict they are settling in and being considered as contributing. Australia now faces another wave if immigration, same reasons. They too have good reason.
Policy encourages their arrival too, typically the economy does better the generation after their arrival. Today, a slow indigenous population growth is putting strain on many social and economic systems. If your nearing retirement, and will rely on the pension, ignoring you all paid too little tax in preparation, who's going to fund that pension, working immigrants will help significantly...unless they cant come in. Its a myth they remain as a drain on the economy long term, they will contribute, their children even more.
Australia's acceptance of both educated and illiterate, wealthy and poor Immigrants is a necessity. They bring wealth and or skills, do jobs many Australians wouldn't, but which need doing. This frees the indigenous people to pursue other Things.
The post wars experiment, you claim has failed, has actually formed/built your country.
Sure there are son trouble makers, but same goes for the locals, but for a country like Australia stopping them all coming would be akin to cutting ones nose of to spite the face.
JP
Old 28-01-2017, 08:00 AM   #787
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I am having a lot of trouble understanding people's reason for liking his policies. He has said a lot of things and it's hard to pin people down.

You seem to hate "progressives". Which policies of theirs don't you like ?

Are you in favour of repealing the ACA (obama care)? That seems to be a big one amongst Trump supporters?
1. No where in that post did I say I hate progressives.

2. No where in that post did I say I liked him.

I think your post sort of backs me up. Not having a go, don't see the point in getting ****ed off over another countries politics, but that post has a passive aggressive tone to it and it's those kinds of statements that drove people towards him. He has some good policies (some immigration policies are much needed, such as tighter vetting, I can't see an issue with that, and his policy of directing that his new oil pipelines must be American made is something our politicians could learn from) and plenty of crap policies (far too many to list here and I think you'd agree anyway).

Obamacare is so misunderstood over there it isn't funny, but it's a symptom of their attitude towards government. The American people don't like the government being involved in their lives and it's Obamas fault for not being able to convince hem of its merit.

I don't hate progressives, but there's lots of people who aren't progressives at all, they're merely playing toe part because their man, or should I say woman, didn't get in and they can't accept it. My theory is we need both sides of politics to be successful if we are to have any hope. I'd describe my self as being from the centre with some right leanings. To be toonest, I think both sides of politics suck at the moment and they got what they deserved with Trump.
Old 28-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #788
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Before the elections I thought Trump was a dill. Then, with the overwhelming vote I thought "good for you USA, let's see how it goes".

Yea-nup, he's a dill... They'll be a second-world power by the time he leaves office if he isn't impeached first.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #789
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Le Pen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHTag2V9Oz8

I'm sure I saw her drinking a coffee at the Trump Tower a few weeks back.
Old 28-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #790
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
1. No where in that post did I say I hate progressives.

2. No where in that post did I say I liked him.

I think your post sort of backs me up. Not having a go, don't see the point in getting ****ed off over another countries politics, but that post has a passive aggressive tone to it and it's those kinds of statements that drove people towards him. He has some good policies (some immigration policies are much needed, such as tighter vetting, I can't see an issue with that, and his policy of directing that his new oil pipelines must be American made is something our politicians could learn from) and plenty of crap policies (far too many to list here and I think you'd agree anyway).

Obamacare is so misunderstood over there it isn't funny, but it's a symptom of their attitude towards government. The American people don't like the government being involved in their lives and it's Obamas fault for not being able to convince hem of its merit.

I don't hate progressives, but there's lots of people who aren't progressives at all, they're merely playing toe part because their man, or should I say woman, didn't get in and they can't accept it. My theory is we need both sides of politics to be successful if we are to have any hope. I'd describe my self as being from the centre with some right leanings. To be toonest, I think both sides of politics suck at the moment and they got what they deserved with Trump.
Ok, my apologies. I misread your post to think you were giving your reasons for you supporting him

I am not a Trump of Hillary supporter. I mentioned earlier I like Bernie. I liked him because he articulated his policies well. He was indeed USA first but came up with policies that he explained and argued for.

For example he is very much into reducing the influence of Wall St. And had policies to back this up. Anyway won't go on about him.

I didn't really catch any other republican policies as they were all wiped away by Trump first.

With Trump and the lefties or whatever, you first have to remember he destroyed the GOP candidates, some very conservative. So Trump isn't a lefty thing.

He is full of contradictions. An example is with crooked Hillary and the email server. Guess what, Trump and his close team have private email servers. Trump blasted Hillary for giving speeches to Goldman Sacks.... Trump employed 5 of them just in his new administration. Trump speaks of bringing jobs back to the USA and his daughters range of clothing is made in China.

Trump supporters are wilfully blind to these things and voted for him purely out of hate/spite to the left.

That's why I keep asking what policies of his they support... because there is none that make sense to someone sitting in Australia.
Old 28-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #791
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Franco,
going out on a limb here, your of Greek or Italia decent?
Perhaps, if you are, your family migrated to Australia after the wars?
Perhaps not, but those that did, went to Australia, fleeing persecution, possibly having lost everything or simply, and justifiably to seek a better life and opportunity. It might not be your history but those so called B.S. reasons are easily justified, especially as Australia was complicit in the reasons for those problems. Nearly a century has passed and maybe your family, but certainly many of those families have contributed greatly to the social, cultural and economic outcomes Australia has benefitted from. 30 years ago the south east asian immigrants started to arrive for many of the same reasons, as I imagine you would if you had to, and as with the Europeans, after a generation or so of isolation and conflict they are settling in and being considered as contributing. Australia now faces another wave if immigration, same reasons. They too have good reason.
Policy encourages their arrival too, typically the economy does better the generation after their arrival. Today, a slow indigenous population growth is putting strain on many social and economic systems. If your nearing retirement, and will rely on the pension, ignoring you all paid too little tax in preparation, who's going to fund that pension, working immigrants will help significantly...unless they cant come in. Its a myth they remain as a drain on the economy long term, they will contribute, their children even more.
Australia's acceptance of both educated and illiterate, wealthy and poor Immigrants is a necessity. They bring wealth and or skills, do jobs many Australians wouldn't, but which need doing. This frees the indigenous people to pursue other Things.
The post wars experiment, you claim has failed, has actually formed/built your country.
Sure there are son trouble makers, but same goes for the locals, but for a country like Australia stopping them all coming would be akin to cutting ones nose of to spite the face.
JP
Italian/Maltese and Australia opened up their borders to European migration after WWII.

The reason they ended up here in Australia instead of the USA was the USA wasn't interested in taking in Italians after WWII, most of the Italian migrants in the USA came there after WWI.

The difference between European migration of Western Europeans is they ended up working and contributing to Australian society unlike our African and Middle Eastern 'friends'.

We've got things like Lygon Street to show for it, and our coffee culture.

What have our Middle Eastern friends contributed? Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana, Roxy Park, Meadow Heights and Craigieburn.

Shifted from Anglo scumbags to Middle Eastern scumbags, working for cash, collecting Centrelink benefits (Meadow Heights in particular).

I'm not claiming post war (WWII) has failed, I'm claiming opening intake to Middle Easterners and Africans has failed.

I own my own business and I'd never employ any Middle Eastern or African person, end of story.

I'm actually a member of the ALP, but One Nation is getting my vote next election and mark my words, Pauline Hanson is on the up, people are sick of this PC BS.
Old 28-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #792
Trump
bitch lasagne

This is the way I see it (get ready for cliff notes):

- It doesn't matter which used car salesman got the top job, Australia won't benefit from either of them.
- The military/industrial complex (backed by Wall St) Eisenhower warned about in his farewell address in 1961 is the institution that wields all political power in the US.
- Neither Trump nor Clinton would have done anything to remedy that situation and return political power to the people.
- The US economy and financial system will fail catastrophically and neither Trump nor Clinton would have been able to do anything meaningful to reverse course (without becoming a target for snipers).
- There has never been such a universal lambasting of an incumbent president as that experienced by Trump.
- May we live in interesting times.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Old 28-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #793
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm not claiming post war (WWII) has failed, I'm claiming opening intake to Middle Easterners and Africans has failed.

I own my own business and I'd never employ any Middle Eastern or African person, end of story.

Almost exactly word for word what my grandfather, a fifth generation Australian of english decent, said, and probably does still say of the wops and dagos. (sic)
JP
Old 28-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #794
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Almost exactly word for word what my grandfather, a fifth generation Australian of english decent, said, and probably does still say of the wops and dagos. (sic)
JP
And I'll back that up by saying when we were kids we thought exactly the same thing about wogs and dagos. My uncle who was captured by the Italians in WW2 used to spit on them when he walked past in the street.
EDIT: I'm 5th gen to give some context.

It's just another cycle.

I bet one day Franco, you will have a friend called Mohammed or god forbid he ends up working for you.
I've got a ding mate called Arch, he makes the best port.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 28-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #795
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Italian/Maltese
Damn you sweet, sweet irresistible Maltesers...
3 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #796
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
And I'll back that up by saying when we were kids we thought exactly the same thing about wogs and dagos. My uncle who was captured by the Italians in WW2 used to spit on them when he walked past in the street.
EDIT: I'm 5th gen to give some context.

It's just another cycle.

I bet one day Franco, you will have a friend called Mohammed or god forbid he ends up working for you.
I've got a ding mate called Arch, he makes the best port.
I've got a mate from North Africa from a small country called Eritrea.

Funnily enough he doesn't like Sudanese or Somalians either
Old 28-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #797
Trump
bitch lasagne

I think it's time for this to get an airing again:

http://usdebtclock.org/

Study this carefully, very carefully. Take particular note of the value of the credit default swaps. If only 5% of those swaps are triggered, the whole house of cards comes crashing down. And it won't matter who is in the White House or who drives around in the "C1" car.

Like some of the posters in this thread, I don't support either cretin. However, if the cretin with the bouffant coiffure actually does something to remedy the picture painted above, he will be on borrowed time. Those that are responsible for the financial mess are still profiting from their dastardly deeds. And anyone that stands in the way of that profit will face their ire.

Sometimes I think the Ferengi are running the financial sideshow...

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Old 28-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #798
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I've got a mate from North Africa from a small country called Eritrea.

Funnily enough he doesn't like Sudanese or Somalians either
It's universal Franco. Like was said before each generation has their quirks and people they don't like. They lay all the blame for things at their feet.

Immigrants always have problems, especially with their kids (1st generation) It settles down after a few generations. Look at the Vietnamese, Greeks, Italians etc.

One thing we did have with the post war immigration that we don't have now is a scheme of infrastructure building. That gave them the opportunity to work.

On another matter and Trumpy related. I believe he is talking with Putin this weekend.... and rumour has it he wants to lift sanctions on Russia. Interesting....

This is one area that pro Trump supporters seem to be quiet on. The Russia-Trump link.... It's interesting.
Old 28-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #799
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is one area that pro Trump supporters seem to be quiet on. The Russia-Trump link.... It's interesting.
Quiet on? There's not a great deal to talk about in regards to that matter. You want us to make stuff up?

I'd rather see him and Trump 'get along' than not - for obvious reasons.
Old 28-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #800
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Quiet on? There's not a great deal to talk about in regards to that matter. You want us to make stuff up?

I'd rather see him and Trump 'get along' than not - for obvious reasons.
Plenty to talk about.

There has been an acknowledgment from Trump that Russia interfered with the elections and investigations are still underway about it. That's not made up. It is a fact and agreed by all parties.

Investigations are underway. When there was a investigation into the way Clinton handled her emails all Trump supporters wanted her locked up. Yet a cosy relationship between Putin and Trump is OK.... and one with plenty of scandal around it.

Funny lot you Trump supporters are.
Old 28-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #801
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Plenty to talk about.

There has been an acknowledgment from Trump that Russia interfered with the elections and investigations are still underway about it. That's not made up. It is a fact and agreed by all parties.

Investigations are underway. When there was a investigation into the way Clinton handled her emails all Trump supporters wanted her locked up. Yet a cosy relationship between Putin and Trump is OK.... and one with plenty of scandal around it.

Mate his Secretary of State hasn't been confirmed yet.
Old 28-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #802
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Mate his Secretary of State hasn't been confirmed yet.
I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

What is your opinion on him? Should he hold that job?
Old 28-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #803
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

What is your opinion on him? Should he hold that job?
He seems to be an unusual pick, but that's been the norm with Trump.

He's an Alpha and he seems to get things done. He and Putin seem to get along.

Time will tell. I'd prefer to be on the Trump Train than under it
Old 28-01-2017, 04:28 PM   #804
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
He seems to be an unusual pick, but that's been the norm with Trump.

He's an Alpha and he seems to get things done. He and Putin seem to get along.

Time will tell. I'd prefer to be on the Trump Train than under it
He and Putin get along real well. In fact he awarded Tillerson with the Friendship of Russia award, personally. Tillerson also has expansive business interests with Russia.

It's more than unusual.
Old 28-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #805
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He and Putin get along real well. In fact he awarded Tillerson with the Friendship of Russia award, personally. Tillerson also has expansive business interests with Russia.

It's more than unusual.
He's also taking a 20 million+ pay cut per year too!

And don't forget about ex General Michael Flynn. He was seen sitting just metres away from Putin at a recent RT event.

Trump Train has no brakes!
Old 28-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #806
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
I think it's time for this to get an airing again:

http://usdebtclock.org/

Study this carefully, very carefully. Take particular note of the value of the credit default swaps. If only 5% of those swaps are triggered, the whole house of cards comes crashing down. And it won't matter who is in the White House or who drives around in the "C1" car.

Like some of the posters in this thread, I don't support either cretin. However, if the cretin with the bouffant coiffure actually does something to remedy the picture painted above, he will be on borrowed time. Those that are responsible for the financial mess are still profiting from their dastardly deeds. And anyone that stands in the way of that profit will face their ire.

Sometimes I think the Ferengi are running the financial sideshow...
Funny thing is Trump is inside as you can get in this mess. It's in his interest to keep the Wall St bankers on side.
No tax returns, I wonder why? Technically bankrupt?

The Ferengi are definitely running the show.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Old 28-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #807
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
He's also taking a 20 million+ pay cut per year too!
I bet in the long run he is not. In fact I think he will be doing this to make more money. That's one thing Trump and his cronies have in common.

So I take it you're in favour of the pro-russian position of Trump and his friends.

Interesting position.

You're right, no brakes either.
Old 28-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #808
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Plenty to talk about.

Ironic the USA complaining about foreign interference in their elections when they've been doing that all over the globe for decades
6 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #809
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ironic the USA complaining about foreign interference in their elections when they've been doing that all over the globe for decades
Yes, but not as good as Putin. He hacked the election so Trump and his Goon Squad would win, and gave Hillary the popular vote, a complete triumph!
Old 28-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #810
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Plenty to talk about.

Didn't Barack Obama state several times that you can't rig the US elections? In fact he said it was impossible to rig the US elections, this of course was before Donald Trump won the election, so now all of a sudden the US elections can be rigged, anything to suit the narrative I guess.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread