Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #571
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

We are about 20 days away from what will be a good independent report on the GTS with N.Z. Autocar's evaluation which is reported to be going into their December edition.
There's a saying that a week is a long time in politics...what's three weeks in this thread then ? Chineese water torture ?
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #572
BHDOGS
Banned

Being the most unbiased commentator on this forum I feel I should weigh in to bring some
Order to this thread with the gts sucks and so does the vf range. Thank u and good night
3 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #573
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
Any VF performance figures out yet?
(Figures come out exceeding all expectations and beating all Ford has to offer hands down)
The stitching is wonky though!!!
And the R-Spec has a better colour combination!!!

I love AFF!!
Don't know what your talking about? So far id say its underwhelming.....seeing as a far cheaper and older rspec ford with far less tech runs the same quoted strip times. Not to mention in the real world the new SSv is slower then a 3yr old stock G6eT....twice.
Did you see my point about all the quoted times being strip times....NOT the ussual method they use which is up to 4tenths slower.....therefore any smart person would take a couple of tenths off the mag time of 4.5 to 100 and 11.5 for the strip. Guess what you get.....exactly the same times being quoted by magazines for the GTS.
(I'd still love to know why ALL OF A SUDDEN they change their timing method)
And the car has a list of faults longer then my arm!
And that stitching IS crooked.....where's the quality control!
And the interior may look good in a photo....but it's hard and cheap and mismatched!
Did I miss anything......oh it's 100k.....cheap for a EURO
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #574
Chopped
as in chopped

EVO (UK) Review >
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...and_specs.html

AutoExpress (UK) Review >
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhal...xr8-gts-review
Old 06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #575
The Monty
Just slidin'

You pretty much reinstated exactly what I just said. Still yet to see a GT R-Spec run 0-100 in 4.3 or 12.1 down the 1/4. Private car or not.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #576
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
Isn't it ironic then that the VF dashboard was probably produced on the same production line that Falcon dashboards are produced on?
So a car that is built in SA has a dash that is built in Vic?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #577
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Being the most unbiased commentator on this forum I feel I should weigh in to bring some
Order to this thread with the gts sucks and so does the vf range. Thank u and good night
*AFF Holden Fanboy* omgz why don't you just grow up already. Holden needs help or Australia will die, do you really want that on your head?
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #578
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
Isn't it ironic then that the VF dashboard was probably produced on the same production line that Falcon dashboards are produced on?

Your Holden hatred and the way you find little things like this and blow them out of all proportion to try and justify your flawed argument is pathetic and downright sad. Do everyone a favour and grow up for once.
Venture are directly next to Broadmeadows, Holden would have their own supplier near them. May be Venture I don't know, but not built on the same line. You can tell because Venture Broadmeadows would never send such wonky stitching into the Ford factory cause they know it would get sent straight back. Fords quality control is very strict at the moment because the workers have all the time in the world to get things right. Holden don't have that option, they would be going flat stick just to get them out the door. Which explains all the talk of rubbish quality and a lot of faults in the VF.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #579
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Venture are directly next to Broadmeadows, Holden would have their own supplier near them. May be Venture I don't know, but not built on the same line. You can tell because Venture Broadmeadows would never send such wonky stitching into the Ford factory cause they know it would get sent straight back. Fords quality control is very strict at the moment because the workers have all the time in the world to get things right. Holden don't have that option, they would be going flat stick just to get them out the door. Which explains all the talk of rubbish quality and a lot of faults in the VF.
As if bro. The GTS has a $100k price tag, as if Holden would ever fit a dashboard with wonky stitching. It is clearly the camera angle. This is the car that is sticking it to the Euros. Grow up.
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #580
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Claim it under warranty like any other fault with any car of which the VF might have more initially because it comes with more than any HSV or FPV before it.

Lol wonky stitching. I'd be too busy watching the road while enjoying the car to notice the dash.

I'd ask for cash for petrol and live with it :
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #581
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
You pretty much reinstated exactly what I just said. Still yet to see a GT R-Spec run 0-100 in 4.3 or 12.1 down the 1/4. Private car or not.
Maybe you should read this thread. It has utube vids of Rspecs running that fast. They were initially bagged because they weren't mag comparo times....but all of a sudden the GTS is being timed at the drags now instead of all the gtechs used in every other comparo in history. So if you want to compare apples to apples...both cars times should be quoted from the strip.......(not the GTS from the strip..and the rspec from the slower gtech testing)
Mate there are GT 335s that have run that fast down the strip. (As shown on utube earlier in this thread)
Maybe everyone should stop buying into all the media and Holden hype over this car. It may be a new shiny model with good tech...but it's performance certainly isn't ground breaking yet.FACT
3 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #582
Motorbreath310

Who cares? Everyone's over VF/Gen-F, already. I expected a little more lasting enthusiasm with it, as there had been with previous new Commodore launches. Doesn't seem to be the case...
Old 06-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #583
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
...another quality rebuttal.
better then you being upset about colour scheme.....
Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #584
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen quite a few VF SS variants, and even a couple of Gen F HSVs, including a GTS around Canberra... I think i've seen maybe 3 GT 335s around Canberra since they came out... Makes me glad i picked the GT over the Gen F. I hate buying a car, and then seeing them every where haha
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #585
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Maybe you should read this thread. It has utube vids of Rspecs running that fast. They were initially bagged because they weren't mag comparo times....but all of a sudden the GTS is being timed at the drags now instead of all the gtechs used in every other comparo in history. So if you want to compare apples to apples...both cars times should be quoted from the strip.......(not the GTS from the strip..and the rspec from the slower gtech testing)
Mate there are GT 335s that have run that fast down the strip. (As shown on utube earlier in this thread)
Maybe everyone should stop buying into all the media and Holden hype over this car. It may be a new shiny model with good tech...but it's performance certainly isn't ground breaking yet.FACT
Im yet to see any stock blown 5L's run 12.1 on youtube, got any links to all these R Specs and GT's your're talking about?
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #586
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I lost all interest in the Falcon versus Commodore comparisons when Ford made their big announcement.
It just seems like a waste of time and effort to even debate the fact.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #587
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Im yet to see any stock blown 5L's run 12.1 on youtube, got any links to all these R Specs and GT's your're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFXBnFoejQ

12.204 sec @ 189km/h FG GT 335 Black with wider tyres, considering the GTS ran 12.18 there's really not much difference if you ask me between this and the auto GTS could be better reaction times?? at the end of the day a fast car is only fast if someone knows what there doing. even if its an auto. reaction time plays a big part.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #588
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post

12.204 sec @ 189km/h FG GT 335 Black with wider tyres, considering the GTS ran 12.18 there's really not much difference if you ask me between this and the auto GTS could be better reaction times?? at the end of the day a fast car is only fast if someone knows what there doing. even if its an auto. reaction time plays a big part.
Not exactly stock though is it with wider aftermarket tyres, any other links?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #589
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hardly stock though with wider aftermarket tyres
It has GT R spec wheels at the back that helps traction. gives you an idea what an auto GT-R spec might run down the strip.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #590
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is there any other links of the VF GTS running 12.18 or was this a one off??
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #591
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It has GT R spec wheels at the back that helps traction. gives you an idea what an auto GT-R spec might run down the strip.

http://youtu.be/-hsJe2lNQGA

Same video different description. This one says it has R Spec wheels with aftermarket RS1 tyres. Aren't we comparing stock v stock? You do realise the GTS would probably run a quicker time than 12.18 too with aftermarket tyres

Last edited by 40RDT; 06-11-2013 at 11:17 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #592
dragons90

Quote:

Reaction time plays no part.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #593
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Go back to page 12. It was covered ages ago!
And they were 12.2s and they were stock GT 335 and also an f6 stock. Obviously an rspec with exactly the same gear....but wider rubber as they have, will run quicker again. So there's a bees dick in it.
These times show the ussual 3-4tenths faster at the track, over the gtech timing. Pretty clear to me.

( sorry can't post the link as I'm on an iPad atm)

Last edited by 1TUFFUTE; 06-11-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #594
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
We are about 20 days away from what will be a good independent report on the GTS with N.Z. Autocar's evaluation which is reported to be going into their December edition.
There's a saying that a week is a long time in politics...what's three weeks in this thread then ? Chineese water torture ?
No need to be like that
That will be good to read for sure. There's been absolutely zero proper comparative reviews so far. We've had to hit up utube to get fair numbers that show the cars capabilities.
The track times will be good. Pretty sure the GTS has allready taken an F6 record away at an Aussie track.(don't quote me on the track but it's true)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #595
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
http://youtu.be/-hsJe2lNQGA

Same video different description. This one says it has R Spec wheels with aftermarket RS1 tyres. Aren't we comparing stock v stock? You do realise the GTS would probably run a quicker time than 12.18 too with aftermarket tyres
my point I am trying to make is that the GT-R spec is capable of this time. the difference between a GT-R spec and a GT is wider wheels and suspension too improve the GT's track performance and to help the GT off the mark. I have never seen an auto FG GT-R spec run down the strip yet. there is no change in power between the FG GT 335 and GT-R spec. the GT-R spec tested by wheels that time was a manual and was faster then the manual gen f GTS, they said the manual could go faster but a run was aborted when the driver missed a gear, which means it can go faster and the automatic is faster once again. you asked wheres these FPV GT's that can run these times. I have proved that an FG GT with a set up similar to the FPV GT-R spec is capable of these times which also means the GT-R spec is very capable of these times.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #596
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Lazy 576 horses & 740nms + factory warranty=s buck yeah..

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #597
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragons90 View Post
Reaction time plays no part.
plays a big part. can be the difference between losing and winning even by a few hundredths of a second. a fast car is nothing with out its driver and we all have different reaction times. with the difference in time I noted it could very well come down to that.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #598
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
plays a big part. can be the difference between losing and winning even by a few hundredths of a second. a fast car is nothing with out its driver and we all have different reaction times. with the difference in time I noted it could very well come down to that.
Am I missing something lads?

With the times we are seeing, we are not talking who's the best steerer?

Reaction times make no difference m8 in this case..(sure they do in racing)

Ps what ya saying is right if they both lined up against each other, but remember there going for the best q mile time..(not who wins of the tree)

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #599
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Go back to page 12. It was covered ages ago!
And they were 12.2s and they were stock GT 335 and also an f6 stock. Obviously an rspec with exactly the same gear....but wider rubber as they have, will run quicker again. So there's a bees dick in it.
These times show the ussual 3-4tenths faster at the track, over the gtech timing. Pretty clear to me.

( sorry can't post the link as I'm on an iPad atm)
Page 12 I see two vids, one with a stock GT running a 12.297 and another of a GT with octane boost and wider wheels with RS1 tyres, which could be a semi slick of some kind running 12.2. Still no evidence of stock GT's running the same times as the journos got with the GTS at the strip like you said in another post.

Its a little unfair to compare public times v journo times also, generally people who live day in day out with their car have a better idea of how to drive their cars quickly
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #600
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Journo's drive them for a living. I think they'd be a fair bit more skilled than the average joe.

I think they pushed a little harder trying to get good times with the GTS over any Fords they tested. Look at all the times for the 5.4l Bosses. They were horrible, yet I know for a fact the 5.4 wasn't as much of a slug as they made out to be. I had a boss 290 XR8 that flogged a mates 317 Maloo more than once, and my housemates SS ute.
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler