Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #31
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
I'd be suprised if ferrari were tipping in any money.

I don't think it would persuade to many potental ferrari owners to buy one becuase it has bridgestone tyres,on the other hand it may persuade a few tyre buyers to put them on their vb commodore and think it's a ferrari!

Spot on mate

The advertising is more for Bridgestone's advantage than Ferrari's.
Ferrari's win yesterday is enough advertising to last for ages.............
You'd be forgiven thinking it was the Melbourne Ferrari Formula 1 Grand Prix.

This was my point from the start of this thread. Build the right product, one that betters the opposition , build it to succeed specifically for the market it was designed to be sold to and it will sell itself...........How ??

By winning on the track, by winning in the reviews, by winning in the hearts and minds of all who buy the product. Actual word of mouth is the most powerful advertising. Maybe one or 2 ads in the car magazines capitalising on the vehicles "actual" successes.............

And DON'T FORGET AFTER SALES SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Things break , so its how they are fixed resolved that will also play a major part.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #32
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGSV8
Just because FPV is selling every car they make does not mean they should stop advertising. Keep in mind not all people who want a GT etc can afford one so they will buy a lower model and subconsciously think they have one. That is why you see Falcons with GT stripes etc. This advertising does indirectly help the company by setting the image in peoples minds and spending with the company.
Theres the problem, Ford and FPV operate as two separate entities. FPV have no real reason to push the hero car thing to sell base model falcons. What they need to do is build a quick car, not refined and well engineered but just quick. Motor and Wheels will do more advertising for them in an issue than fomomco would in a year.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I guess someone will post this add as I was at the race so didn't end up seeing this ad.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post