Your reaching.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #32
Hitman
Way over here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_5litre
Your reaching.
No I'm not, you just can't point out where I said it, because I never said it.

Anyway, I'm over it.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #33
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
No I'm not, you just can't point out where I said it, because I never said it.

Anyway, I'm over it.
Obviously not.....

You posted your thoughts and expressed your puzzlement over those that are one-eyed supporters.

You then ended it with "Thoughts?"

I posted my thoughts on this thread/topic and you obviously took exception to it.

Does that about sum it up?
Old 21-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #34
b2tf
not here much anymore

children can we get over it now? we've had our thought for the day, now let's move on.
Old 21-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #35
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I love Fords. Always have, and always will.
But that doesn't mean I automatically hate the "Dark Side" with a Passion.
I have driven Company Commodores and Rodeos before, and I haven't had a drama with either. My next set of wheels will be a new Hilux, just for something different.
People need to accept that not all members are one-eyed Ford fans.
If we were all the same, the world would be a bloody boring place now wouldn't it?
Old 21-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #36
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I ve never noticed what your talking about ! I dont realy see your point !

On the 7th day God made a pile of shyte!!

On the 8th day , Holden made it move !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #37
MattyJ

Quote:
I have noticed lately that there seems to be alot of narrow minded people about with regards to car makes, personally I like ALL nice cars regardless of brand. I initially liked Fords, and Ford only but could still appreciate other nice cars, but now that I'm getting older I can't be bothered, I now drive a Holden after having a string of Fords, and I'm happy with my choice. My next car will probably be a Ford again, but it's not set in concrete.
I just can't undertand or get my head around people that will bag the *** out of a car simply because of which badge it has.
Take for example the new VE, how many people are bagging it because it's a Holden, and how many people bag it because it's not a Ford, and if it was a Ford would it then be a good car, regardless of wether it was a good car or not?

Thoughts?
You're right mate - it's the difference between a car enthusiast and an out-right bogan.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #38
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

the only reason why we get better cars is because of competition. I'm a ford fan. when i was a youngster I use to support them like a footy team. Then I grew up and realised that if I'm going to spend $30000, $40000, $50000 on a car, I will be buying the best product out there for me. I hope that's going to be a Ford. But I will not let my loyalty blind me to the point where I end up with the inferior product.
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #39
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I like most cars but i am a fan of the Ford brand, i don't like seeing my brand dragged through the mud either, which is why i rarely visit Holden forums, if you can't stand the heat...................
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #40
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have noticed lately that there seems to be alot of narrow minded people about with regards to car makes, personally I like ALL nice cars regardless of brand. I initially liked Fords, and Ford only but could still appreciate other nice cars, but now that I'm getting older I can't be bothered, I now drive a Holden after having a string of Fords, and I'm happy with my choice. My next car will probably be a Ford again, but it's not set in concrete.
I just can't undertand or get my head around people that will bag the *** out of a car simply because of which badge it has.
Take for example the new VE, how many people are bagging it because it's a Holden, and how many people bag it because it's not a Ford, and if it was a Ford would it then be a good car, regardless of wether it was a good car or not?

Thoughts?
Just the way forums work mate. ;)

You'll always get the people, that just have to make a ****er of themselves. Same as in reality too.

My brother has a mate who is a dead set bogan, who can't appreciate ANYTHING (Not just Holdens, but anything) other than Fords, but a few of his Ford mates are really cool and have respect for the cars we have, just as we have for their's.

On to the forum side. I do find it annoying, but you can't change the way a person thinks. I think it's great how people can give constructive critisism, but I don't like people who just bash a car or something and have no reason.

Usually the "It's because it's a <Insert brand/model>" tagline or something falling under the same catergory.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #41
myxr6
Banned

I worked with a guy who adamant that if it wasn't European , it was a piece of you know what.Both his foreign cars let him down in a week , mine never let me down , but he was sure mine was junk.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 01:23 AM   #42
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Chicks are the worst for this, they hate my car because its old but mostly because its a ford, so foot patrol for them!
Its all in good fun, how about you go to LS1/calaisturbo.com and ask the same question, see if the grass is greener over there.....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 01:28 AM   #43
Steffo
LPG > You

Some people have car manufacturers they really hate...

For me its General Motors, Toyota, Honda... and most of BMW aside a select few (namely, 335Ci Coupe).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #44
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree and think the in jest or ribbing that has been going on here of late in the last year or so has been getting worse.

And all the so called ribbing is starting to sound like a real broken record. Holden driver, Camry driver blah blah blah.

You start to read some threads and you wonder how they contribute to the forum at all when their just a "i hate that brand's owners" thread, or when a proper debate or thread is destroyed by ribbing.

You have a look at some of the threads that we had back in 2002/03 when the BA came out on the old site and the forums seemed to have a different atmosphere. Maybe we're going through just a little bit of cabin fever until the Orion Falcon comes out.

Last edited by Dave_au; 22-02-2007 at 01:57 AM.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #45
awsome4.0
Banned

I have blueblood and just applied for a job at holden (damn south aus)
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 02:34 AM   #46
fordAU

Narrow mindedness ? not possible on a Ford forum.

It is undeniable that bogans drive Holdens, those who have taste, finess, appreciation of precision engineering and enjoy the finner things that life has to offer drive a Ford, not pretty but true :thebirds:
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #47
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Nah, the badge talk is all bullshit. Where are people to defend the Taurus to its death? The Ka? The (edge designed) Cougar? Where are the people that desperately love Festivas? Probes?

When people say they have blue blood, they generally mean they love Falcons. Obviously there are some exceptions there, but thats basically the way it goes.

Its the same way that people look at Holdens....but the great thing about brand loyalty is you can always hate every car in the opposing camp, regardless of whether or not you love or recognise every model in your own.

Therefore, its a bit of a ******* waste to love one particular model of cars. As it is, my next car (mine, not my wives) will most likely be a different model completely... or maybe I should just succumb to buying a P5 LTD...
Old 22-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #48
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But I don't get why Commodores are so popular? Especially white ones. You get so many young guys who are quite "out there" in all other areas, Piercings, tatts, boozers etc. but their transport is a boring white Commodore, makes me laugh whenever I see them. I chuckle inside when they stare at me XC or tell me "nice car", thumbs up etc.

The AUSSIE Commodore has ALWAYS been an inferior product from day one and very much so to equivalent offerings overseas. You could buy an OPEL Senator in 1978 with overhead cam fuel injected six, 4 wheel disks, 4 speed auto and IRS. Look what they served up here. It was only a few years ago that they stopped selling PUSHROD sixes here. Best thing they ever did to a Commodore was put a NISSAN 6 in it. People might knock the EAs now but they were that far ahead of the VN in every way it wasnt funny. Ford might have dropped the V8 in 1982 but a carbed VL Commodore V8 had only 122kw. Is the current Holden V8 the world's only passenger car with a pushrod engine? Can you name any other?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #49
majin_andrew

I like all nice cars, regardless of badge, except for Holdens.

I APPRECIATE nice Holdens, but I don't like them. If someone asked me what I thought of a new GTS, I would tell them "It is good."

I wouldn't own a GTS though, because I just don't like them.
Some Holdens I could live with (A9X etc.), but apart from that I just do not like the Holden company.

The main reason would be because MANY (not all, don't flame me) Holden drivers diss Fords when the Fords are often better cars. I won't say anything bad about Holden until provoked.

Other reasons are because they are in direct competition with Ford Aus, which I want to see do well so we can get better Falcons in the future;
And because Holdens are overated and everyone thinks they are Australian.
majin_andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #50
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Some people have car manufacturers they really hate...

For me its General Motors, Toyota, Honda... and most of BMW aside a select few (namely, 335Ci Coupe).
That's exactly what this thread is pointing out. There are nice cars from every brand (yes, even Holden!), even the ones you hate! Maybe open your eyes a bit more.
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #51
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
But I don't get why Commodores are so popular? Especially white ones. You get so many young guys who are quite "out there" in all other areas, Piercings, tatts, boozers etc. but their transport is a boring white Commodore, makes me laugh whenever I see them. I chuckle inside when they stare at me XC or tell me "nice car", thumbs up etc.

The AUSSIE Commodore has ALWAYS been an inferior product from day one and very much so to equivalent offerings overseas. You could buy an OPEL Senator in 1978 with overhead cam fuel injected six, 4 wheel disks, 4 speed auto and IRS. Look what they served up here. It was only a few years ago that they stopped selling PUSHROD sixes here. Best thing they ever did to a Commodore was put a NISSAN 6 in it. People might knock the EAs now but they were that far ahead of the VN in every way it wasnt funny. Ford might have dropped the V8 in 1982 but a carbed VL Commodore V8 had only 122kw. Is the current Holden V8 the world's only passenger car with a pushrod engine? Can you name any other?
But some injected VN V8s were pushing 220kw a couple of years later.
As for pushrod engines, Chrysler 300C, Voyager, Viper.
Up to last year a $500k Bently convertible.
Must feel pretty gutting for you that some 'inferior' pushrod engine shits all over many dohc examples from all over the world, including the so called 'BOSS'.

Did you ever think that these guys in white Commodores don't give a **** about what they drive?

Yeah hitman, some people really do need to pull their heads out of their *****. Altho I do reckon the jappa crowd is the worst for it.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #52
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's the old saying about not judging someone unless you've walked (driven) a mile in their shoes? I've owned a Studebaker Lark, Dodge Phoenix(es), Chrysler Valiant(s), Ford Falcon(s), Ford F100(s), Ford Fairlane, Holden Statesman, Holden Commodore(s), Chev Impala, Pontiac Safari, AMC Jeep, AMC Javelin(s) and Plymouth Fury ..

If you are going to stick to one automotive brand your whole life, are missing out on a LOT ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #53
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Quote:

Thoughts?
I do appreciate your point of view as every one is entitled to one, However, one, i joined this site as it is a FORD site, not holden, not nissan, toyota or whatever, there are sites to cater for that and as far as i know there may even be AN ALL CAR FORUM site, i do not know, because i love FORDS, i drive a FORD and am a FORD woman thru and thru. Secondly having actually seen the Holden VE commodore on the road i actually thought i was looking at an Volvo/mercedes/audi hybrid whatever driving on the road, it seems that the Holden think tank has completley run out of design ideas and gone looking to Europe for an answer to save there B...ts.How many times has this AMAZING car been recalled? Holden cars, in my opinion are crap, the shape design the interior every thing about it is about as original as yesterdays news.But then like your opinion, that is mine..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #54
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
What's the old saying about not judging someone unless you've walked (driven) a mile in their shoes? I've owned a Studebaker Lark, Dodge Phoenix(es), Chrysler Valiant(s), Ford Falcon(s), Ford F100(s), Ford Fairlane, Holden Statesman, Holden Commodore(s), Chev Impala, Pontiac Safari, AMC Jeep, AMC Javelin(s) and Plymouth Fury ..

If you are going to stick to one automotive brand your whole life, are missing out on a LOT ..
Sorry why.? I find that my EF xr6 has all the style grace looks and power that i am looking for, why in God,s name would i have to hunt around for a dodge or a nissan gt-r or whatever is on the market, my FORD does it for me totally and completley. I think that all of you guys and even some of us girls that have had umpteen different cars and they do not satisfy you, then you should build one from all the different cars that you have owned, and get the complete satisfaction that you are looking for, meantime i will continue to enjoy a superb product from FORD, my EF XR6.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #55
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Quote:
And where did I criticise you for liking other cars??
: :togo: hero...

Yes this is a Ford site but as many are aware, we do talk about other things.

Hitman, as with life there are people out there that we have to "live" with and some of these people appear on these forums.

Just know that there are members on here that share your view and have a few more brain cells with which we use on a day to day basis.

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #56
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Lets hug.
Old 22-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #57
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Lets hug.
Yeah 'Group hug' guys...
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #58
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

ive driven cars of almost every make, including chev, holden, dodge, and I like most cars except Japanese cars. IMO japanese cars have no soul or character in them, the import market dumps them here as an afterthought, and the locally built offerings arent much better.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #59
bEAn86

its ford forums wot do u exspect? its like going into the crows members area and claming they are all narrow minded and should suport other teams too
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #60
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
Chicks are the worst for this, they hate my car because its old but mostly because its a ford, so foot patrol for them!
Its all in good fun, how about you go to LS1/calaisturbo.com and ask the same question, see if the grass is greener over there.....
Yeah both my sister and my fiance don't like my Falcon :(. My sister says its too big and looks like a tank. Obviously she hasn't seen some of the American cars. My fiance thinks it too big and won't drive it because she thinks she'll prang it because of its size. I managed to convince her to not get a hatchback after I showed her how badly they perform in crashes and how poorly made they generally are.

For some reason, people always bag my Falcon. Well :MrT_anim:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxr6
I worked with a guy who adamant that if it wasn't European , it was a piece of you know what.Both his foreign cars let him down in a week , mine never let me down , but he was sure mine was junk.
European cars are a good way to get rid of perfectly good money.