Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #31
ZEDAYE
20 INCH 100 SPOKES

The government doesn't want these deaths reported because we are the lucky country and everybody living here is happy and well adjusted and thankfull for the job they are doing, keeping us safe in the ''war on terror'', keeping intrest rates low,crime/unemployment down ect.
ZEDAYE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I came close to hitting one on the M5 one afternoon (long before the bridge cages were put up).

I swerved just in time to miss the guy as he was mid-air ... poor woman in the Magna behind wasn't so lucky ... she ran over the guy and careered off the freeway through the grass and into a ditch.
That is absolutely full on!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #33
rodderz

I did a course about 7 years back with a bloke who worked for the melbourne Port Authority, and some of their boat guys would help the water coppers in detecting objects on the river bottom under the westgate with their equipment, then the divers would go down to see it was a body. He said at the time they were averaging finding 1 person a week
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #34
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I used to work for the railways, the worst was seeing people whod end it in front of a train, there would be cigarettes all over the place where they sit waiting / contemplating. Drivers arnt even aloud to get out if they hit one of them, so it dosnt mess with their heads.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #35
Bluefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I used to work for the railways, the worst was seeing people whod end it in front of a train, there would be cigarettes all over the place where they sit waiting / contemplating. Drivers arnt even aloud to get out if they hit one of them, so it dosnt mess with their heads.
I used to work for the rail too... Worst part for me was crawling under to adjust brake rigging and finding the left overs... Used to really screw with the drivers. One bloke sat cross legged on the track and eye-balled the driver all the way, what a ***** messing with someone else like that just 'cause he couldn't be bothered living any more.
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 AM   #36
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
It was averaging about one a week off the Gateway Bridge in Brisbane when it was first built but it was never reported. It now has a safety fence in place.
There is still one every month or so, the saftey fences don't stop all of them.