Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #31
Dilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Years ago, I was still driving my KF Laser. There was bumper to bumper traffic and my lane ended so I had to merge. Bloke in a Mercedes of some sort refused to let me merge. Traffic would have been going 25km start/stop. I couldnt give a stuff and basically threw my car in there as soon as there was a gap in front of him.
In no way am I saying that you do this, but this reminds me that I hate people that know that left lane ends really soon but they pull out of the middle lane and still use the left lane to try overtake a few cars. I try not to let these people merge infront of me, unless it seems like a geniuine mistake

This is in bumper to bumper traffic.
Dilan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #32
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
I'm more concerned about crazy asian (NOT being racist) chicks with their cars CHOCKA'S with stuffed toys.. wtf?! I've seen three now. They all have that pokemon type crap in their cars, all over the windows, seats, parcel, roof etc.
Hahahaaha You sure they are girls (most seeem to be asian guys... : )?

Like the guy in an Echo yesterday on Victoria road with a "racing" badge under the Echo badge, canon exhaust, monster tacho, fluffy stuffed toys along dash, dice everywhere, personalised numberplate "XXECHO" and a small Fox Terrior with diamonte collar in the passenger seat. This 'guy' didn't even look at where he was going once, just kept staring lovingly into the dogs eyes whilst patting it and making kissy faces.. . :MrT_anim:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #33
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm more concerned about crazy asian (NOT being racist) chicks with their cars CHOCKA'S with stuffed toys.. wtf?! I've seen three now. They all have that pokemon type crap in their cars, all over the windows, seats, parcel, roof etc.
Hopefully when they eventually have a crash, they get beaned in the back of the head by several stuffed toys. Any stuff in my car gets put on the seats or the floor, never the parcel shelf.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #34
BAFalconXT
Sold...

What about motorbike riders who move up between lanes when the lights are red. When I see them I make sure I am as close to the next to me as possible. One day I will open my door so one of them rides into in, and they will have to pay to fix my door. And bicycle delivery boys who cut through red lights and ride staight across 6 lanes of traffic. I dont slow down for them anymore, I will show no sympathy when their blood is on my tyres, they'll have to pay for my damage and a car detail.
Old 30-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #35
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

it seems to me that magna drivers are the most consitant with impatient behaviour, they always seem to be tailgaters, left lane ending tossers.
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFalconXT
What about motorbike riders who move up between lanes when the lights are red. When I see them I make sure I am as close to the next to me as possible. One day I will open my door so one of them rides into in, and they will have to pay to fix my door.
I would suspect you would have to pay to fix your broken jaw... :dr_Evil:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #37
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
What about motorbike riders who move up between lanes when the lights are red. When I see them I make sure I am as close to the next to me as possible. One day I will open my door so one of them rides into in, and they will have to pay to fix my door. And bicycle delivery boys who cut through red lights and ride staight across 6 lanes of traffic. I dont slow down for them anymore, I will show no sympathy when their blood is on my tyres, they'll have to pay for my damage and a car detail.
I feel dumber for reading that...

Where do I start...

Firstly on the motorcycle riders - mate seriously who cares if they filter at a red light, how is it harming you in any way. I used to ride, now that I am alot older I enjoy my BF GT, each to their own, personally I make room for them at the lights if I can and everyone is a happy chappy. I suspect you are envious of for some reason, why not just enjoy your car for what it is.

Secondly - Bicycle riders have to obey the same road rules as you but if they do happen to do something illegal and stupid you are saying you will intentionally hit and kill someone (as in someones son, brother, uncle ect) so that you can get your car detailed....right....

You sir are in this case talking out of you a$$.
Old 30-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #38
GCPursuitPower
AUII XR8

Quote:
Your not being racist mate your telling it how it is and I agree with you because I had a crazy asain bloke hit me in a carpark doing about 60kph in a 10kph zone and on top of that he tried to do a runner i was so pi$$ed luckily my towball blew out his side wall on his front tyres to stop him from running.
Old 30-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #39
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
I feel dumber for reading that...

Where do I start...

Firstly on the motorcycle riders - mate seriously who cares if they filter at a red light, how is it harming you in any way. I used to ride, now that I am alot older I enjoy my BF GT, each to their own, personally I make room for them at the lights if I can and everyone is a happy chappy. I suspect you are envious of for some reason, why not just enjoy your car for what it is.

Secondly - Bicycle riders have to obey the same road rules as you but if they do happen to do something illegal and stupid you are saying you will intentionally hit and kill someone (as in someones son, brother, uncle ect) so that you can get your car detailed....right....

You sir are in this case talking out of you a$$.
Firstly, motorbikes can wait at the back like everyone else. It is the law! And secondly, I would have to have it detailed to get the blood off, if someone chooses to ride their bike in front of cars they have a death wish and good luck to them.
Old 30-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #40
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Firstly, motorbikes can wait at the back like everyone else. It is the law! And secondly, I would have to have it detailed to get the blood off, if someone chooses to ride their bike in front of cars they have a death wish and good luck to them.
Hate to jaywalk in Murray Bridge - instant hood ornament. Please take a pill. :
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #41
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Only in Adelaide are there kamakasi bycle riders. Its easy, dont ride your bike through a red light when my light is green.
Old 30-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #42
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Personally, as a rider AND car driver, i'd prefer them to come through to the front. It's less worry for me in a car knowing there's not a bike behind me, and they take off quick and get out of your way when the light goes green. And whilst on a bike, i'd rather get a clear stretch of road than be wedged in between a bunch of cars, especially with how little respect some drivers have for bikes.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #43
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I'm more concerned with crazy chicks speeding whilst on their phones. Doesn't matter what car they're in they are bloody crazy lol!
Don't both offences have sizeable penalty in Australia?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #44
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilan
In no way am I saying that you do this, but this reminds me that I hate people that know that left lane ends really soon but they pull out of the middle lane and still use the left lane to try overtake a few cars. I try not to let these people merge infront of me, unless it seems like a geniuine mistake

This is in bumper to bumper traffic.
Ah yeah.. I hate that as well. I never do it. I'm actually a left hand lover. Much prefer the left lane mainly because I do the speed limit and everyone else seems to be in such a hurry. So I just stay my speed and let everyone else do whatever speed they want.

Funny thing is that some of these speeding drivers will want me to move into the middle lane for them to speed off. : I never do though. If they want to speed, they can use the middle and right lanes.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #45
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Don't both offences have sizeable penalty in Australia?
What, being a chick driver, and being on the phone? :
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post