Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #31
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

agree with you here, it shits me to tears when i have just washed the car and someone does this.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #32
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

If this is the biggest thing you have to complain about then you have a very blessed life.

I think its time you took a look outside the world of "Me".

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #33
Chuggwald
Starter Motor

This thread is hilarious... There are FAR more important things to worry about then this. Seriously, how can it make you're visability poor, if you can't take that, like someone said, you'd be stuffed whenever it rained! :
Chuggwald is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #34
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

I can't believe this thread even exists....are you for real??
Old 20-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

lol @ some of you getting fired up over that. i can only think of one time that has ever happened to me, and quite frankly i found it more amusing than anything else. 'THANKS MATE!!' Maybe if someone needs to clean their screen, they should return home to do so, or maybe pull over and wait for the road to be clear ? hahah jesus.

personally i find it far more frustrating when people in front of me aren't paying attention, then realise the person in front of them has stopped, so they lock it up, and i nearly rear end them, and nearly get rear ended myself. This happened 3 freaking times to me just this afternoon - there was amazing stupidy on the road today. Good thing i have ABS... wait no i don't, good thing i've got wide tyres.. wait no.. good thing... i've got a clue

Far worse things to worry about in the world than a few specs of water on your windscreen mate.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #36
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
My old boss used to adjust her water jets on one side of the car to just go over the roof. At a slight angle which was enough to land on the windscreen of tail gaters. Worked a treat.
hahaha i was re setting mine because they barely reached the windscreen, so while i was at it i set as high as i could, they shot about 5 metres behind the car!!i decided to go for a drive into the local shopping center through the carpark and when people would walk out behind me i would shoot them and get pedestrians wet!! good for a laugh!!!

to the original post: simply just get over it mate, the washers are there for a reason..which is (as i will remind you) to clean your windscreen. maybe if you werent tailgating the poor guy you wouldnt get water on your car. anyway... : do you think happens when the heavens open up and rain??
Old 20-10-2006, 07:59 AM   #37
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I am almost speachless.

You know what happens if the car in front puts water on my windscreen? I wash mine too.

I wash my windscreen a lot and being that AUs (and BAs) have those stupid dome shaped roofs, there is a good chance that it will fly onto a car behind me if we are traveling fast enough.

But honestly people - are you sure water jets is the real problem? Perhaps your not being payed enough or your personal life isn't what it could be?

Are we going to have to start a thread about dog eared books now as well? sheash..
Old 20-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Interesting responses. At least its not only me, there are some others who get a little annoyed also.

Many even didn't read the reason why its a little annoying or try to understand. Here I was trying to explain its mainly when driving into the sun (ie sunglare) when a splash of water goes onto the windscreen making it more difficult to see.

Dont people get sunglare at all? Why does the Westgate Freeway get all choked up because of it then?

The best response was that of MADNC 8, who after I was explaining abot the sun, his response was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
boo friggin hoo...if little things like that get to you ya probably shouldnt be on the road......

you say your vision is momentarily obscured by little water droplets from their washer jets?????god i'd hate to be on the road near you when its raining...
He obviously didnt think hard with his response, or doesnt get out much to be in sunglare conditions and to then have water dumped on his windscreen at the same time. Also if it rains, doesn't the sun normally disappear, therefore the problem goes away? HAHAHAHA
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #39
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silver Ghia I agree with you - I think it is very inconsiderate and I wont use the washers unless the car behind me is a good way back.

Now what really gets me going is when I am on the bike following a car and they use their washers showering my helmet, jacket ect in water - red mist rises, calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #40
LTDHO
The one and only

It doesn't really worry me, I just flick mine on. Problem solved.

I once did it without realising that there was a motobike behind me. He was very mad. However he shouldn't have been so close.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #41
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I once did it without realising that there was a motobike behind me. He was very mad. However he shouldn't have been so close.
If your on a bike it dosnt matter if your 30cm behind the car or 20 metres behind them, your still going to get wet as the water mist just keeps going...good for hot days I guess...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Old 20-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i have specifically aimed my passenger ones up high so they shoot over my car so that when ppl sit on my *** i just spray them constantly.........until they back off.

but normally it doesnt bother me when they do it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #43
gozza

My butt gets sweaty from the hot weather
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #44
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
WTF lol. heheheheh thats the most spontanious post ive seen so far LOL.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #45
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
sure it is sweat and not the water jets wired up wrong??
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:32 AM   #46
kinksta
Luxojet

OMG most pathetic thread ever!!!! dont you hate it when people wind down their windows!! they could be breathing in my air!! i may even breathe in their air!!! END THIS THREAD!! waaa waaa waaa he squirted on me....
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #47
Tiga_EL
Banned

I do it all the time.. What the hell are windscreen washers there for if ur just gunna hand clean ur windscreen every time u decide to take it out. Its not like a hose is being sprayed onto ur windscreen, thered be like 6 little droplets..........................maybe a few more.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #48
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couldn't really care to be honest. I like to keep my car clean, but a bit of water ain't that big of a deal.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #49
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
waa he squirted on me....
No wonder your name is kinksta... :

Old 20-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #50
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Crumbs............

Frankly, I would be a little more concerned about the lethal gasses that pour out of EVERY car ALL the time rather than a few drops of water!

Having averaged about 75,000km in the last 13 months with a lot of country driving I am only too aware of sun refraction but when your windscreen gets clogged with the detritus from flying insects, I'll spray away in order to actually see through the damned thing........

those locusts though, they do just smear around don't they?

It appears they are not water soluble at all........this wildlife on my car really gets my goat.....selfish b@#tards......how dare they soil my car?!

Lets have a group hug and start concerning ourselves with things that actually matter- methinks a good root might help! :

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #51
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heaps fun if the car is convertable with roof down or behind has open sunroof!
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #52
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When we were in high school "some kids" used to try and spit out of school bus windows into sunroofs or convertables......
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #53
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

The worst thing is when you've just washed your car and someone in front does it to there windscreens for what seems like 5 mins. Then makes my windscreen all dirty again.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #54
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

You absolutely can't be serious.

You are probably whinging about 10 drops of water on your car. Boo f***in hoo.

I always use my washers, mainly because of the NE winds we have at the moment bringing salt spray with it. Try driving around with a film of white s*** on your window. I don't care that anyone else may get a little water on their car, it's better I do that then cause a 5 car pile up on a main street...
Old 20-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #55
gozza

i used to aim my squirters at 90 degree angles to shoot mates on cruises with their windows down
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #56
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Surely you can't be serious.....

("I am serious, and don't call me Shirley")

Maybe a big warning sticker (like on the visor for the airbags) warning of the dangers of washing your windscreen whilst moving..........What about a lockout switch so that if the ignition is on the pump won't squirt........ :

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #57
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some people need a life...
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #58
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia

The best response was that of MADNC 8, who after I was explaining abot the sun, his response was:

He obviously didnt think hard with his response, or doesnt get out much to be in sunglare conditions and to then have water dumped on his windscreen at the same time. Also if it rains, doesn't the sun normally disappear, therefore the problem goes away? HAHAHAHA
BWAHAHA...just the kind of response i was looking for with my post

and btw...im a courier.....ive done loads of kms in the ute(roughly 250,000 in the 6 years ive worked there), with its munted sandblasted windscreen(which has been changed now btw), in all kinds of conditions.... and as i said...if a few drops of water on the screen obscures your vision, rain, hail or shine, badly enough that you cant see.. perhaps ya shouldnt be driving.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #59
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Really irks me , especially driving into the sun, when the car in front decides that their windscreen is dirty and puts their washers and wipers on when driving along. Their washer water then goes straight over their car roof onto my windscreen making it rather difficult for me to see through my now dirty windscreen.

It seems to happen too often. I must admit on one occasion I had the opportunity to return the favour.

Wish they set off on their trip better prepared, or be more considerate to the driver behind.

Is it me, or do others find it frustrating following a car which puts its washers on?
If you weren't tailgating it wouldn't be a problem... They probably did it on purpose.

When ever someone sits on my bum at over 100kmh on the highway, if its shiny and clean looking I take great pleasure in washing my windows for a god 10seconds just to make sure the guy behind me gets his new coat of polish ruined.

Tell you what, you'll never see tailgaters back of so fast! :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #60
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
If you weren't tailgating it wouldn't be a problem... They probably did it on purpose.

When ever someone sits on my bum at over 100kmh on the highway, if its shiny and clean looking I take great pleasure in washing my windows for a god 10seconds just to make sure the guy behind me gets his new coat of polish ruined.

Tell you what, you'll never see tailgaters back of so fast! :
Good idea, I have plenty of tailgators on the motorway
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post