Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #31
FordFan86
meow

As for price on goods, I tell customers who ***** that there's a supermarket right across the road.
They are that price because:
a) Convenience
b) My boss used this, fits perfcetly "we're just a deli that sells fuel"
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #32
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
As for price on goods, I tell customers who ***** that there's a supermarket right across the road.
They are that price because:
a) Convenience
b) My boss used this, fits perfcetly "we're just a deli that sells fuel"
While in reality, prices would be higher because:

a) having to pay the staff higher rates of pay than at a supermarket because of the longer hours (ie 24 hour petrol station)

b) having to buy products at a lesser volume than a supermarket, therefore not as cheap per item to buy, wholesale

c) not the same buying power as a supermarket (related to point 2).

d) free market principles - if it is too expensive, people wont buy stuff at petrol stations. People obviously buy enough for all of them to do it and keep charging those prices.

I dont know, just a thought.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #33
Walkinshaw
Two > One

James, did this degenerate have a bird on his shoulder and a peg leg? The servo may just be built on this poor guys treasure stash.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #34
FordFan86
meow

Nice thoughts Jaq, you're the wiser one, I take your word :P
We only get trade price (about 10%) off oils and the like, hence the higher prices. Cigarettes; the biggest money maker, even then Smokemart gets priority over service stations lol.
EDIT: LOL No dan, I don't work near where I live. Anythings possible tho...
ghhaaarrrrrrrr
Old 23-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #35
FordFan86
meow

Just thought I'd let you all know that the cops caught the guy a week ago, didn't bother giving us a phone call tho. My boss had to go down and ask. They probably had better things to do, like man speed cameras.
Old 23-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #36
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Just thought I'd let you all know that the cops caught the guy a week ago, didn't bother giving us a phone call tho. My boss had to go down and ask. They probably had better things to do, like man speed cameras.
well thats a good thing i guess.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #37
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
So you bag them when they don't do their job and you bag them when they do.

Also, I don't know where you are from, but in Victoria, police don't operate speed cameras and haven't for 10 years.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #38
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

People like this nutcase should be locked up.

Even if they are mental paitents and they have to take meds, , all the "its not their fault" topic is totally wrong.

THe public needs to be made responsible for their actions, and this guys needs to go to jail , simple.

Its not the guy at the servos fault if the nutter is not on his meds. We should build HUGE mental homes, and lock em away the first time this happens. What is disappointing about todays society, is that the doo-gooders will believe him when he says " sorry, I wont do it again"

I had a similar situation a while back, and after the guy left, we rang the police, and they said " yeah, we know that guy and he has done that a few times at other businesses "..... Well why is he allowed to do this every time he simply stops taking his pills !

LOCK EM UP ! ( who cares what it costs, , tell the government to stop handing money out to all the dole bludgers and spend it on locking away the nutcases )

AC/DC

( dont forget, the police only enforce the law, , they dont make it.. So its not their problem )

I wish I was a judge - they need much bigger prisons.
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #39
red_hotxr6
Banned

Holy c..p,you did have an eventful weekend.Could i suggest the gentle art of Tong Long kung fu.Sorts 99% of the idiots out of your life.Oh by the way good luck with the exams. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 11:33 PM   #40
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
So you bag them when they don't do their job and you bag them when they do.

Also, I don't know where you are from, but in Victoria, police don't operate speed cameras and haven't for 10 years.
Radar guns?
Sorry, I respect and know a lot of cops (on and off the job). My words are hollow.
A phone call would have been nice though.
I'm in Adelaide by the way.
Old 23-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #41
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
While in reality, prices would be higher because:

a) having to pay the staff higher rates of pay than at a supermarket because of the longer hours (ie 24 hour petrol station)

b) having to buy products at a lesser volume than a supermarket, therefore not as cheap per item to buy, wholesale

c) not the same buying power as a supermarket (related to point 2).

d) free market principles - if it is too expensive, people wont buy stuff at petrol stations. People obviously buy enough for all of them to do it and keep charging those prices.

I dont know, just a thought.

Ha. I used to work at the most laid back servo ever. We basically charged whatever we felt like for stuff. The owner really didnt care about anything. Was the old Shell servo in Torquay. I basically got a job there when i was at school through a mate saying to the bos " hey gazz, my mate schmidty wants a job" Gaz said "yep, no worries. Tell him to do 1 shift with you and we'll get him some keys." Sold the boss petrol 3 times before i knew he was the owner or the boss! Nothing in the shop scanned, we were just told "you know what stuff's worth roughly, just charge whatever." So if it wasnt on a big promo shelf or in a freezer of fridge with a big price sticker we just charged whatever! For all the hot chicks who worked in the surf shops stuff was cheap as chips, for all of the bulk melbourne tourists who were rude the price we added the "melbourne tax" or "tourist tax." Coppers got free dim sims, and it actually got me out of a speeding fine 1 night! Mentioned i was the guy who gave him the free dim sims on the weekend and i 125 in a 100 zone tuned into a "catch ya later!"

The owne also devised a new policy on people unable to pay for petrol. Sign went up in the shop saying if you couldnt pay for your petrol, you either leave your car in the workshop until you can, or we put it up on the hoist and drain your tank! Think he got over the cupboard full of crappy mobile phones, watches, and other stupid things people left as a surity! No wonder the joint went broke and got bulldozed!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post