Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:08 PM   #31
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
The other day I had a gen 3 monaro with 2 guys no older than me driving and I was stalling it up and making all the right moves. They wouldnt have a bar of running. They launched hard off the lights when I wasnt next to them then they got soft when I was. My mates and I were very disappointed.
It wasnt a red GTO was it?

My mate has a an r31 pintara wagon that looks granny spec (stock wheels, faded paint, patches where rust has been fixed) but pushes out over 200+rwkw, doesnt seem to have trouble running people just egg them on and watch their jaws drop. He had some little turd in a mitsubishi fto give him sh*t the other day when he revved his engine, needless to say he made a quick turnoff before the next set of lights :p
Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #32
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

hehe OK well the car is being made for Heathcote rather than street racing so I hope the guys at Heathcote at least know I'm trying. Also, a naughty secret, I've bought some P plates.

Update time, and I went to Bursons where the guy was really helpful and did various measurements on the seal. The part he returned with was the closest I've seen yet to the original. He said it is a rear extension housing seal though, and this is the reason why I've kept buying the wrong part. Some guys on the old forums thought it was the extension housing seal too. Anyway, if it fits then my problem is solved!

Next up I'll have to start organising the mod day to get the new engine in.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #33
EFFalcon
Last warning

Good stuff, nice when you have the right part name ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 04-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #34
Sundeep
Banned

Now you're going to have trouble fitting it ;) That's why I needed 3....

Sundeep
Old 04-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #35
TUFED6
Banned

Does anyone know any details of places in Melb that widen steel wheels? Or even sell EF-EL 15in steelies that are pre-widened?

- John
Old 04-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #36
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Not sure on that matey, just a vague longer term plan. I'd make a thread in General Tech if you're serious.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #37
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
It wasnt a red GTO was it?

My mate has a an r31 pintara wagon that looks granny spec (stock wheels, faded paint, patches where rust has been fixed) but pushes out over 200+rwkw, doesnt seem to have trouble running people just egg them on and watch their jaws drop. He had some little turd in a mitsubishi fto give him sh*t the other day when he revved his engine, needless to say he made a quick turnoff before the next set of lights :p
Nah it was yellow. My car has sort of the same effect. 202rwkw and not an undented panel to be seen.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #38
EFFalcon
Last warning

i know that Superplus in Hallam had some 15 x 8's for sale (new) but don't recall the price.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #39
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

I think it was $139 for the pair. I'm pretty sure they were wider than 8 inches, too.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #40
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

to throw an idea at you, instead of widening rims look at a set of old skool 14" 12 slotters, they fit and a set of 8" rims will set you back around 100 bucks... I am pretty sure the lip on the old 12 slotters would accept a hubcab anyway.. Another bonus is you can set-up 2 widies for playing and 2 road tyres for less than the price of getting a set widened

Old 05-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #41
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Sleepers are the ultimate - I have a thing for them

And if you need a basic sleeper shell, good god take my ea as a great example. It is red with grey bumpers - complete with a cream passenger door!

I went out with this guy who had a Toyota Crown. It was butt ugly, cops wouldn't even look at it. Looked like a Grannie's car. I almost refused to get in the damn thing. But I did, and I am very glad I did.

He'd done the suspension and braking system, tyres, cd player and subs... then we pulled up at the lights next to this doofa lancer. Very amusing, cos the lights greened and he put his foot down - we were winning instantly - then the turbo kicked in after a little bit and that was it - GONE. Lancer beaten by a Crown :p Absolutely ruled.

Talk about getting a girl in the mood... Something about getting your back pushed into the seat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 17-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #42
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

G'day all,

It seems I must bring this from the dead because there are a few questions that have arisen. Jase came over on Wednesday and the wiring/soldering for the 4 speed computer is done, complete with proper plugs so it can be removed if needed. On the outside, the right hand side of the car is almost 100% GL spec including mirrors, handles, C pillar, rear bumper and mouldings. There are a few questions that I need answers to though...

1) I'd like to use the tibbe ignition lock from my EL but will this cause problems being from a Smartlock car?
2) Jase observed that the ED inlet manifold doesn't come close to fitting on the AU motor because of the air con compressor - is a custom manifold the only way around this or is there some trick we don't know about?
3) I have heard that the top half of the ED dash shell is the same colour as the EA and can be bolted on to eliminate the cracking problem - can anyone confirm this?

Cheers 'til next time
Old 17-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #43
LUXO_8
windsor user

talk to swoopa, he fitted an AU engine to his ED XR, and i think used his AC

cant remember weather he used BBM or the ED manifold
Old 17-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #44
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Use the EA-ED aircon compressor bracket. Might also need XH tensioner, not sure if the belt is the same.
Old 17-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #45
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Cheers! Damn I didn't know it's that simple. I have got an XH belt and had to sell the AU one I mistakenly bought, I hope the XH tensioner is affordable from Ford because I doubt JRs would have one. :P

If anyone knows about the ignition lock compatibility and the dash shell colour differences that would help also.
Thanks guys.
Old 17-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #46
Psycho Chicken
Banned

There were some issues with clearance I believe, ask INJECTED250. I'm going to be putting the EB compressor on with AU pulley, it'll need grinding I believe.
Old 17-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #47
InitialD
Low and Loud

Jack heres some answers for you

1. you can use Tibbe locks from a EL without a problem, MINE ARE FROM A EL at Jollys , No problems there they are all the same

2. Dont bother with that ED manifold jack, The EA one will work fine.... Want your EA one back? we can swap :P LMAO

3. The Top half of the EB2/ED dash isnt the same colour as the EA one, Infact Im just about to fit the EB2/ED style to my car and noticed there is a difference between the two dash shells. Feel Free to drop around and see

BIG THANKS TO DAN FOR THE DASH & BITS!

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :

Last edited by InitialD; 17-03-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 17-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #48
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
3. The Top half of the EB2/ED dash isnt the same colour as the EA one, Infact Im just about to fit the EB2/ED style to my car and noticed there is a difference between the two dash shells. Feel Free to drop around and see
Ahem, where is my free plug. :dr_Evil:
Old 17-03-2005, 11:30 PM   #49
InitialD
Low and Loud

Sorry dan

Its been updated to include you

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 17-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #50
NZ
~~~

mick jacks talking about the ignition not door locks. ack you can use the el ignition you just will have a spare plug hanging there. you'll need to by some shear bolts for it too.

"the man that crashs AFF"
Old 17-03-2005, 11:38 PM   #51
InitialD
Low and Loud

Actually you can use the ignition karl, I just changed the backing of the Ignition barrel housing.

Old 18-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #52
NZ
~~~

Quote:
1. you can use Tibbe locks from a EL without a problem, MINE ARE FROM A EL at Jollys , No problems there they are all the same
your talking about the door locks no?

Quote:
Actually you can use the ignition karl,
just what i said.

"the man that crashs AFF"
Old 18-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #53
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Thanks for that guys! Much appreciated. I'm not worried about the door locks because I've decided I will get rid of them altogether when I go back to colour coded handles and fill in the 'hole'. I've got a cold chisel now I just need a hammer and some shear bolts.

Re: the dash, cheers for clearing that up Mick, I guess I'll have to find an un-cracked EA one then, if there's such thing. :P
Old 18-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #54
Bass Crazy

Far out JT, sounds like you have been/will be a very busy boy!

A big HP turbo beast!!! A bit of a change to the old JT I know!

You owe me a ride when it finished
Old 18-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #55
EA2BA
PM me if you want

There are dashboard restores places that can match the colour with better material and it shouldnt crack again.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 18-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #56
Sundeep
Banned

Yeah I have a uncracked EA one that you said you wanted Jack...:@ When are you going to pick it up?!!

Sundeep
Old 18-03-2005, 02:12 PM   #57
chelvdog
Soul baby

As far as the wheels go, you could got to a 15inch steelie off an ef and run a 225 tyre, or get it widened. Then if you really want to throw people off at the track, you could fit some of those cheesey "spinner" hubcaps!
Old 18-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #58
EFFalcon
Last warning

nah, if your going to the trouble Jack is... u go COMPLETE GL...
even ricer mods arnt worth it.
Old 18-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #59
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Go for the ultimate statement put holden hubcaps on it, I saw a light blue EA ford falcon with holden hubcaps one day, damn I need a camera phone :(

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 18-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #60
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Why settle for one type of hub cap when you have 4 wheels?
Closed Thread