Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
Have you guys worked with him? Just wondering were all the resentment has come from?
yes i have personally seen him twist the truth to paint a complete differant picture ( opposite of the situation . and he full well new it and telivise it because it made a much better story to the public and created afalse opinion on a mass scale to the public . of a situation . ) I know this because the story involves myself and many others . for me, it was the moment i learnt not to believe anything TV AND THE GOVERNMENT ,and media tells the public . ( i was very dissapointed ) sort of like when you find out that santa claus isn't real.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #32
xd5.8l
Banned

[QUOTE=gtfpv]yes i have personally seen him twist the truth to paint a complete differant picture ( opposite of the situation . and he full well new it and telivise it because it made a much better story to the public and created afalse opinion on a mass scale to the public . of a situation . ) I know this because the story involves myself and many others . for me, it was the moment i learnt not to believe anything TV AND THE GOVERNMENT ,and media tells the public . ( i was very dissapointed ) sort of like when you find out that santa claus isn't real.[/QUOTE

You can't condemn a bloke for one blue, I bet were more flawed then he ever was!
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

After been taken to hospital in January for the same reason this guy died I am happy as Larry to be here at all. Guys stop fighting.With all the goings on we could be dead in an instant...biffo..goodbye. I know,because I came very close. Be happy to be alive and have a bit of forgivefulness because our whole life can stop in an instant. Group hug now!! :lookedat:

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #34
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Keep this thread on track please.

We know why the thread was edited, that's the last thing I expected!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #35
OZFORDAU
Banned

Unhappy R.i.p

R.I.P Richard Carleton.....

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #36
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
yes i have personally seen him twist the truth to paint a complete differant picture ( opposite of the situation . and he full well new it and telivise it because it made a much better story to the public and created afalse opinion on a mass scale to the public . of a situation . ) I know this because the story involves myself and many others . for me, it was the moment i learnt not to believe anything TV AND THE GOVERNMENT ,and media tells the public . ( i was very dissapointed ) sort of like when you find out that santa claus isn't real.
Sounds to me like he was just doing his job, and doing it well. Without sensationalism, you dont have good stories or ratings for the networks. No good stories/ratings, no job. He just did what he was good at. You think we're bad, you should watch some American TV.

RIP
Old 07-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #37
gtfpv
GT

sorry . i seem to have ruined this thread. perhaps i shouldnt of posted . however the thread was a statement . ( notification) how is one supposed to REPLY . , other than R.I.P. RC. APOLIGIES . didnt mean to turn this into a slanging match.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #38
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I was watching the interview live and remember hearing the question (not knowing who asked it) and thinking that it was rather pointed and rude.

I also remember watching a whole heap of reporters dissapear from the crowd and hurry off to the left of screen and thinking "ooh... something more newsworthy has just happened"

Put two and two together when I watched the news and found out that some dude had died.

RIP Richard Carlton... whoever you are...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

R.I.P, i was on a local car cruise in beconsfield today and was standing 10metres away when he collapsed, so very sad, my thoughts are with his family.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #40
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Watching the report on 60 Minutes now, the question he asked at the press conference makes alot more sense now!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #41
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Holy damn!

I was at my grandparents' place and gramps came in & said RC had collapsed... We just figured he'd had a fainting spell or something. Didn't give it a 2nd thought until I came across this thread!

Condolences to his family and close friends. I never followed his reporting (ie, not watching 60 minutes, etc), but Australian TV has lost a big personality.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #42
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R.I.P. RC you did your job, as in your personal life as best as you saw fit...for that no one can knock you.

My condolences to his family.

To the knockers unless you knew him personally don't combine his job with his personal life just the same as there are those on this forum that I think are whatever I would never judge them lest I myself be judged.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #43
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Condolences to family and friends.
"the evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones"
Mark Antony

is that what the slinging match is about?
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #44
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
Condolences to family and friends.
"the evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones"
Mark Antony

is that what the slinging match is about?

Well said!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #45
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Rip... Condolences to family and friends...
He did ask the hard questions...
He had a job to do..
;
Fair dinkum guys there is a time and place to debate issues...
Now is not the time!!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #46
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I so don't understand this thread and threads like it. I'm not being smart or taking cheap shots at anyone here, I really don't understand.

Why do people feel the need to write "R.I.P" or "condolences to the family" on what is pretty much an anonymous forum where its doubtful that anyone who these messages will mean anything to will ever visit?

If you care then wouldn't sending a card or making a donation on his behalf be more appropriate? I don't get it...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #47
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
I so don't understand this thread and threads like it. I'm not being smart or taking cheap shots at anyone here, I really don't understand.

Why do people feel the need to write "R.I.P" or "condolences to the family" on what is pretty much an anonymous forum where its doubtful that anyone who these messages will mean anything to will ever visit?

If you care then wouldn't sending a card or making a donation on his behalf be more appropriate? I don't get it...
Amm?? You could say the same about other things on here too...
I guess we as a forum feel this way???
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #48
NXT51
not a ford

Quote:

I guess discussions of the news and the world around us - and on a smaller scale our personal opinions of little things - are what forums are for. Perhaps the messages are just an expression that won't go anywhere but i went to Buddha's birthday celebrations yesterday and it was really nice to write a wish and put it with all the other hundreds of wishes. Who'll read them? Will they make a difference? Likely not, but it feels nice People do what they want to do - and people who whole-heartedly communicate on forums such as this probably do so to resound off other like-minded souls. Some philosophies of communication say that the reason we talk/communicate/vent is to find others that are similar to us

Ok, that's the end of my philosophical kinda typing session. Who knows, maybe someone will read my post and think about some of it... But likely it will be forgotten and lost in cyber-space in the 5 seconds after it's read; just like all the other thousands of e-expressions being made around the world...

My crew: www.nxcoupe.com
NXT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #49
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:

i am giving my condolences because im showing my respect to an aussie tv legend- like him or loathe him there is no doubt about the impact he has had on TV journalism in OZ..

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 AM   #50
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

he had balls and thats why i liked him maybe he should ve interviewed that little twerp Tom cruise and put him in his box R.I.P.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:52 AM   #51
Dagabond
Lost in a Quagmire

Quote:
and locals are holding blankets to shield him from media crew gathered there to cover the mine rescue.
How ironic is that...
Dagabond is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #52
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
he had balls and thats why i liked him maybe he should ve interviewed that little twerp Tom cruise and put him in his box R.I.P.
I agree.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #53
Danny
GT4.

I liked him too, he was the one I'd cheer for when he arc'd up at people (Like Rose Porteous) who'd deserve it. He'd really rip into them and tell them off just like anyone else would off camera. I respected that, and found it entertaining.

He also had no worries walking round in warzones, while shells exploded around him, and death and destruction stared him in the face, in the end though it was his own failure to look after himself and his health that caused his sudden passing.

He'd go anywhere and do anything to succeed in bringing current affairs into our living rooms. I don't know any other current affair reporter that was like him. Robson? Grimshaw? Please. The only one who comes close was Ray Martin, and he is no longer on 60 mins either. He was one of the originals on 60 minutes and probably (love him or hate him) the best, His Flamboyant and Feistily Honest reporting style will not be forgotten as it will be missed by many who watch the show. Richard Carlton RIP.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #54
Simmo
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
richard carlton dramatised stories to get ratings . he was a very arrogant white collar reporter he was responsible for false truths just to get ratings. not a genuine person in my books . people die every day . i dont like to hear of anyones death though .
good riddance to a bad journalist. my entire family hates that man with a passion and i'll bet they're all jumping for joy as wek speak. i do feel for his family, but wont be conned into feeling sad for richard.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #55
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Very sad day yesturday for Australian Journalism.

Mr Carlton possessed a level of professionalism, strength of character and resolve to report FACTS unlike most other existing news 'professionals'

He was a tuff bugger in a pin stripe suit ! he was like the heavy weight fighter of journalism and will leave a very big void in news journalism in this country. I will always remember the interview where he wacked another fellow with his brolly....... very, very funny.

RIP Mr Carlton, and my sincere best wishes to his family and friends.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #56
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
good riddance to a bad journalist. my entire family hates that man with a passion and i'll bet they're all jumping for joy as wek speak. i do feel for his family, but wont be conned into feeling sad for richard.

SO you can do better can you?

You sir(cur) are a twit.

And this is a thread for those that wish to express their condolences...not for bitter acrimony from twits...usual story got nothing good to say then shut up!!!!!!!!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 08-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #57
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R.I.P.

He had the guts to do stories noone else would touch.
Like showing the palestinian side of things.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post