Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #31
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I used to take this particular tram home every day that passed through Southbank. There was this one intersection that was exactly under the Kings Way overpass bridge and the sensor had a problem detecting trams. It had a dedicated light just for the tram to cross and sometimes it would take in excess of 5 minutes to work. Once it took over 10 mins, or 15 mins I swear! The atmosphere in the tram was ridiculous. The driver would get out from his ИИИИpit and go to the rear, move the tram back and re-approach the stop. But he had to run back down the isle to the forward ИИИИpit real quick because the light was quick, being a tram-only light. He wouldn't make it, so he had to try again. Getting out and pressing the pedestrian light to cycle the lights didn't work. Although it used to be annoying and frustrating (I just wanted to get home after work), I also found it hilarious and it became an almost daily occurance. Sometimes he would just run the red light, realising it was hopeless. Sometimes other trams got banked up behind him and he had to get out and ask them to move back so he could.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #32
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

There are no STRIPS under the road, , and they are NOT magnetic.

It is a loop of standard building wire, , that is fed a small current.....

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
Scott

^^^^^^ - correct.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post