Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #31
Stevexr6

The Lowndes green eyed monster started my love affair with the AU XR. Bought myself one a year ago and wouldn't swap for anything. You can't mistake it for anything else on the road and nowadays thats a rare thing!
Stevexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 AM   #32
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

As above as StverXr6 said ..... ;)
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #33
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevexr6
You can't mistake it for anything else on the road and nowadays thats a rare thing!
very true :sm_headba
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #34
BJMXR

I love how if an XR is heading towards you, its just so unique when compared to almost any other car on the road. The lights and grill just look great... i do prefer the revised front on AUII onwards i must say... but they all look great...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #35
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
I love how if an XR is heading towards you, its just so unique when compared to almost any other car on the road. The lights and grill just look great... i do prefer the revised front on AUII onwards i must say... but they all look great...
Or if one follows you in the rear view mirror. There's just something about that look.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #36
stiddy
Banned

ahh i love driving something so unique looking..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #37
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats why I love the FPV/Tickford Owners Club cruises over here. People see these mean looking AU XR's heading down their road and you can honestly see the "what the fruit are those" looks on their faces.

We drove down along a beach one day and EVERYONE on the footpath turned their heads :P It's a good feeling
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #38
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

They have had their styling called many things but GENERIC has never been one of them.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #39
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Yea, AU rules, no doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Dropped an STI the other day, was laughing.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #40
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

All that being said above by everyone , and every bit of it true ! - I think its gonna take a long time before ford come up with such a killer shaped car again, specially the shaping of the front end. Yeah the BA is nice and so forth , few extra kw and extras , but for what you can get a secondhand XR AU series 1,2 or 3 - and what your getting for what your paying just kills buying a new BA imo -The BA too imo (and forgive me for saying this..lol) allmost looks like a newer holden crummydore from the front end ( the lights ), if you removed the ford badge from the centre grill it would really bad ! - or vise versa the newer crummydore looks like the BA ..anyways.. Still nice cars the BA, but ill stick with the AU series XR's for a long time before upgrading again i think.

oh , and is it just me ? , or do these GT strips on the new FPV's just dont suit and make the car look cheap ? ..... maybe im getting old .lol , i loved the stripes on the old XY gt's and Cobras etc etc , but the new GT stripes on these newer fords just dont suit the car imo , the stripes look cheap and dodgy all rounded up and come to an abrupt end just behind the back wheels ( the lower side double thick stipes ) - I saw thick Orange 1's the other day on a lightish blue FPV , imo it looked really 'cheap' - declassed the car imo .......lol , i dunno , maybe as i said its just me , im getting old , still love the old cars too much ..lol
Old 13-02-2006, 01:54 AM   #41
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Always owned XR8's, EB2 to AU. When time came to upgrade the AU XR8 to the newer BA XR8.. I was very disappointed. To put it bluntly, the BA was just crap! No where near the AU XR8.. except it had more go. But every other aspect of the BA was disappointing.

Stuck in limbo land as to what my next car would be.. I looked at a T3 TS50. But was too much of a look at me car.. didn't like the big rear spoiler too much, but the power and handling was awesome. Although the body kit has grown on me since, it's still not me.. if you can understand what I'm trying to say. I almost bought a 02 WRX. Sorry but they are a very good car. The deal was almost done when at the 11th hour, spotted a AU1 TS50 in black. Thought to myself.. now THIS is my type of car. Power luxury and doesn't have that please look at me factor. Remebered the AU1 TE50 at the MMS and how much I drooled over it. Just wish it had the 5.6 250kw motor in it, that would make it the perfect TS50 for me.

Summary.. have had XR8's since the return of the V8's, BA XR8 was nothing special and a big let down, looked to stray, bought back in line, stuck with the AU's, and have not regretted one minute!! The AU is absolutely freaking AUesome!

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #42
Cam
Stroking it...

Hmmm, interesting thread...
I must admit when the AU i came out i was not overly impressed, until (as said above) they started coming with nice kits/grills to make them look semi decent..

In saying that i was tossing up between my AU (347ci, 250rwkw ish) and a stock BA XR6T, now i drive down the road and i dont look twice at a stock XR6T, sure i liked them at first.

But being such a popular car the novelty of seeing one soon wore off, I'd much prefer (for conversations sake) to see a stock AUII Rebel with a set of nice wheels and pipes over seeing "another BA XR with wheels", sure the BA might go quicker, but i'd look twice at the AU. BA's are the new "cult car" thanks to an awesome I6 and V8 donk, holden drivers are converting left right and centre, however in my car i get 500 times more looks, and a shltload more comments and thumbs up from other (generally holden) drivers who i have just beaten who never saw it coming in a "stock with kit" AU, if it was a stock XR6T chances are they would've seen it comeing and not appreciated it for what it is, because it would be "just another boosted BA"

I might be alone in thinking this but i would never swap my GT-P munching AU GHIA Family Car for ANY BA, it just wouldn't have the same "what the..." effect...
Thats why i love my AU's
Cam
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #43
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I was going to sell my au off and get a 02-03 sti but couldn't see the point in getting a loan for a car I only drive on the weekends. Decided to get a t3 kit some big wheels and some good performance mod's and you got a car that looks great and won't break down. Iv done like 140k now and not one single thing has gone wrong besides the little tab on the sunglass holder braking. I liked the head/taill lights on the au dunno why but they just look so damn fine on the t3's

I think by far the best thing about the Au is its gonna take along time before they look old they seem so modern even now esp when all the new cars are now going a simliar style to them.
Old 13-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #44
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

"Is it the turbo mate?"

To which I reply

"Nah mate, this is actually the older model..."
Old 13-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #45
stiddy
Banned

I HATE THAT, oh my god I hate that so much..

"is it turbo?" I just say its an AU, and yeah the repeat "so is it turbo?"

drives me crazy..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 06:10 AM   #46
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

stiddy - lmao ....From what i have experienced, it seems alot of people can't seem to understand that a stock/or lightly worked I6 has the grunt it has, people think of a 6 cylinder and think of like the old holden 202 motor ...lmao ... then when they hear the numbers u pull on a quater mile its like " Man has that got a turbo ? " ...lmao...
If the 6 hadn't improved so much these days i would of being going back to a v8 prolly, but gee its nice feeling to run against a v8 and in most cases come even or only just pull up behind them -2 cylinders ! . Really aint alot of diff between the two these days imo , unless u dragging with a car full of blokes/passengers , then the 8 is gonna totally whip ya cos of its touque / which makes me wonder ( from what i have seen ) why a majority of the xr8's are utes / basically so they still go good with a heavy load on them.... i dunno though ..lol , makes sence.