It just makes me want to hit someone
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #32
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

That poor stang. The rb25 is a pretty bullet proof motor though but still why didn't they stick a nice big fat v8 in it like its meant to be.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #33
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
What a sad day for mustangs
+1 :
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #34
Tiges
Keeping Wombats Dead

It has started filming. Mate at Hoyts said it should be out by Easter holiday's. And the star of it is Lil' Bow Wow

2003 BA XR6 Turbo-White
210.4rwkw(stock)

Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:59 AM   #35
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiges
And the star of it is Lil' Bow Wow
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/
Thankfully not quite. The lead is some guy called Lucas Black. People already seem to be ripping this movie to pieces on the forums. Frankly I don't think I could even justify pirating this movie in the future.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.

Last edited by donno; 21-12-2005 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Grammar
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:59 AM   #36
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
Doesn't it just? Some little tosser who knows squat about cars and raves about how there is nothing better than a Jap turbo decides to put it in a freaking Muzzy! Arrrrrrrgh, original or not, it's a catastrophe!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 02:31 AM   #37
EL-XRAN
Xranmobile

Absolute disgrace : . If it's a Mustang and wants to have some sort of credit they why oh why didnt they do it up like Garry Meyers did his 2 up?? With a nice big blower tower obscuring most of your vision!! I agree with every other bloke on here who's said "Typhoon engine shouldve gone in"...at least that way it isn't total sacrilege!

>Monty the Customised Fairmont<
>Elektra the Lightning-strike Pursuit 250 Ute<
EL-XRAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #38
LTDHO
The one and only

Someone please tell me that is a photochop.

Why???

I just looked at the IMDB site and FATF 3 doesn't even follow on from FATF 2?? They could have at least kept it going! :evilsasmo
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #39
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

That is FN wrong, they have just wrecked the entire name Mustang by putting the RB26 in there. It should have been a Twin Turbo V8, for goodness sake keep the RB's to the Jap cars.
It's like putting a EF EL 4.0L I6 into a R33 liner and turboing it. Wrong, just wrong.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #40
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fast and the Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
In the background of the first pic you can see 3 identical black/gold cars, looks right for a F&F movie.

I think if they wanted to make an impression with that Mustang, they should have used a Typhoon engine rather than just another GTR engine, it would even sound cool naming it in the movie and they could also make a deal about it being 4L not 2.6L etc... Mind you it would cost more than a heap of Jap import rubbish.

So is that why a standard jap ''rubbish'' GTR will run the quater mile faster than a fairly modified xr6t,xr8,F6, GT and GTP??

RIIIIGHT, nissan is anything but rubbish, in my opinion australian manufacturers could learn alot from the japanese.

For example, actually build the car properly so that it doesnt fall apart like a falcon or commonwhore...Yet Dont make the car as heavy as a Rhino.

Make sure the diffs and gearboxes arnt constantly shi7ting themselves..

Learn that a Special performance car should do 0-100 in less than 6 seconds.
This comes down to how the car uses the power, aussie manufacturers arnt too good at this.

Reason i say they probably used the RB26DETT or in this case converted to single turbo is because they know what they are dealing with and there is a massive aftermarket parts scene for them, the RB and SR series engines are two of some of the most impressive series of engines ever and i dont think we should rubbish them :P
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #41
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I agree with mitch, if they were ever going to put a jap motor in a classic, I'm glad it was at least an RB26DETT to T as opposed to a L20 out of a series 1 bluebird.
They are good motor, and obviously the producers wanted to think outside the square, and do something different because they could.
Same applies with the other thread about a 68(ish) mustang being grafted onto a 2003 chassis, it was weird, but good because they could do it.
I have reservations about the handling, maybe graft the mustang body onto the gtr chassis for 4wd and all the modern stuff. But then again, I'm pretty sure that they don't need to turn the car in the movie, they just drive in a straight line and change up 23 gears over a Quarter Mile at a Time.
I think an F6 or something should be brought in by the producers with me piloting and acting. I'll be the token hot aussie who gets all the chicks.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:28 AM   #42
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Zachery Ty Bryan .... Clay

He's one of the kids from Home Improvement isn't he? The middle child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #43
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gees ,you lot are funny sometimes,you answered your questions in first few posts where someone stated they have a few exact looking cars of each in making the movie.they probably found 3 or 4 same shape and it had that engine in already,as you see its already been through the panel shop in second shot.but even if that's not the case that turbo is friggin huge,would be neck snapping stuff and you jhave to remember car will almost certainly go over some 20ft jump in movie ,so whats the problem it will be scrap in the next few months if it isn't already.now that is sacrilige destroying machines like this who cares about the engine swaps when they destroy the car for ever.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #44
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
So is that why a standard jap ''rubbish'' GTR will run the quater mile faster than a fairly modified xr6t,xr8,F6, GT and GTP??

RIIIIGHT, nissan is anything but rubbish, in my opinion australian manufacturers could learn alot from the japanese.

For example, actually build the car properly so that it doesnt fall apart like a falcon or commonwhore...Yet Dont make the car as heavy as a Rhino.

This comes down to how the car uses the power, aussie manufacturers arnt too good at this.

Reason i say they probably used the RB26DETT or in this case converted to single turbo is because they know what they are dealing with and there is a massive aftermarket parts scene for them, the RB and SR series engines are two of some of the most impressive series of engines ever and i dont think we should rubbish them :P

man youir living in the past, nissan dont make RB and SR engines anymore, they havent for quiet a few years now. xr6t,xr8,F6, GT and GTP that you have mentioned kill anything that nissan has to offer now and pass all the emmion laws.Nissan dont make performance cars anymore as the motors are too rubbish to meet the the emession laws, the fastest thing they have is the 350z!
fast japanesew cars are over, and have been over for about 5 years now, the only ones that have survived are the WRX and EVO. do some research, before talking about 10-15 year old cars that have no relevence to today.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #45
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Zachery Ty Bryan .... Clay

He's one of the kids from Home Improvement isn't he? The middle child?
No, he was the oldest one. Jonathon Taylor Thomas was the middle kid. Damn I miss that show...

On topic, the '67 Mustang as we know it right now will be forever forgotten as soon as this movie hits the cinemas. They've killed it.
Old 21-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #46
sisan

dont know about you guys, but i dont want a pigs valves in my heart...lets hope someone has edit the image
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx

Which GT-R are you talking about? F6 Typhoon in BAII 6spd manual form has done a 13.2 (timeslip and everything, by a forum member, turbocorty). Guess what, R33 GT-R's were a 13.3 at best, R34 a 12.9 and R32 a 12.8.

Next up, cars that don't fall apart? When I see a Skyline do 1,000,000km idling all day with a crappy out of tune LPG system in hot weather maintained in the most cost effective way so that it keeps working, then I'll believe how well built they are. Every single person I know who's owned a grey import, Skyline, 300ZX TT, Silvia etc has had more problems then I'd ever want to.

Believe me, Nissan diffs and gearbox's aren't ultra strong either.

Every performance Falcon on sale today except the XR6 N/A can do 0-100km/h in under 6 seconds. Same with every performance Commodore except the SV6.

The RB and SR are no longer in production. As for the whole aftermarket scene... the aftermarket scene for the Windsor V8 alone (which is what late 60s Mustangs featured stock) eclipses that of the RB and SR series engines put together. In fact, there's only one engine in the world with a higher level of aftermarket support and that's the Small Block Chevy. So I dunno, if they were targeting a massive aftermarket performance scene... wouldn't a nice 351W with a blower nestled on top, or two turbo's hanging off the side be a wiser choice?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #48
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

its not like its the first time the late model japanese engine-into-classic car swap has been done.....

i reckon its acceptable..... something different for a change......

at least they didnt put a rotary in it...
Old 21-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #49
Dmax
74 XB Coupe

Looks like they may be two different cars. The smashed one has the white stripes painted over the number plate bracket, and the good one does'nt.
Old 21-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #50
jspec_sti

Some things should never be done. And putting a Nissan engine into a Mustang is one of them. It's the equivalent of Dennis Lillee or Shane Warne pulling on an English cricket cap - absolute sacrilege.

As for those that continually spout the Japanese Turbo/Nissan RB/SR mantra - wait till the aftermarket gets a good hold of the Typhoon in a few years. Every Nissan Skyline and Silvia in the country will be running for cover! Quick in a straight line AND can handle.
jspec_sti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 12:31 PM   #51
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do you expect from The Play Station-Generation?
It reminds me of "Plankman" from Street Machine magazine in the '80's put a "big block Holden 202" into a GTHO Phase 3 (replica).... Now i want a Skyline to put a 350 Chevy into....?
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #52
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6

deep breaths there eb old mate ! I feel your pain too !

What they did to that Mustang ! ITS JUST WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #53
BlackLS

Theres no mustang I can see in 3 Fast 3 Furious:
http://www.newsandentertainment.com/...t3furious.html
Old 21-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #54
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Are you really that concerned? No-one watched the 2nd movie (compared to the first), so by the "Law-of-Diminishing-Returns", the 3rd movie will be straight to DVD.
Besides, anyone with half-a-brain will know that a "10 sec car" doesn't require 48 gear changes, 24 NOS shots and 30 secs to cover a quarter....And will therefore see the sacrilage for what it is.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #55
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Are you really that concerned? No-one watched the 2nd movie (compared to the first), so by the "Law-of-Diminishing-Returns", the 3rd movie will be straight to DVD.

"VERY" good point Des !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #56
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
man youir living in the past, nissan dont make RB and SR engines anymore, they havent for quiet a few years now. xr6t,xr8,F6, GT and GTP that you have mentioned kill anything that nissan has to offer now and pass all the emmion laws.Nissan dont make performance cars anymore as the motors are too rubbish to meet the the emession laws, the fastest thing they have is the 350z!
fast japanesew cars are over, and have been over for about 5 years now, the only ones that have survived are the WRX and EVO. do some research, before talking about 10-15 year old cars that have no relevence to today.
We're talking about a 1960s Mustang here, I think anything from then on would be relevent. EF aren't in production anymore either, you're living in the past Dave, quit living in the past. The Clevo must be crap it's old _

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Which GT-R are you talking about? F6 Typhoon in BAII 6spd manual form has done a 13.2 (timeslip and everything, by a forum member, turbocorty). Guess what, R33 GT-R's were a 13.3 at best, R34 a 12.9 and R32 a 12.8.
So the old Nissans were already faster, your point being?

Quote:
Next up, cars that don't fall apart? When I see a Skyline do 1,000,000km idling all day with a crappy out of tune LPG system in hot weather maintained in the most cost effective way so that it keeps working, then I'll believe how well built they are. Every single person I know who's owned a grey import, Skyline, 300ZX TT, Silvia etc has had more problems then I'd ever want to.

Believe me, Nissan diffs and gearbox's aren't ultra strong either.
That's like saying an AK-47 is better than a G36 because it will take more of a beating and still fire when this is clearly not the case. Longevity/durability is merely one factor. How many high powered cars have had 0 trouble? Comparing a GT-R to a taxi is just, dumb :

Quote:
Every performance Falcon on sale today except the XR6 N/A can do 0-100km/h in under 6 seconds. Same with every performance Commodore except the SV6.

The RB and SR are no longer in production. As for the whole aftermarket scene... the aftermarket scene for the Windsor V8 alone (which is what late 60s Mustangs featured stock) eclipses that of the RB and SR series engines put together. In fact, there's only one engine in the world with a higher level of aftermarket support and that's the Small Block Chevy. So I dunno, if they were targeting a massive aftermarket performance scene... wouldn't a nice 351W with a blower nestled on top, or two turbo's hanging off the side be a wiser choice?
Not doubting you but some figures/sources would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladexr8
Some things should never be done. And putting a Nissan engine into a Mustang is one of them. It's the equivalent of Dennis Lillee or Shane Warne pulling on an English cricket cap - absolute sacrilege.

As for those that continually spout the Japanese Turbo/Nissan RB/SR mantra - wait till the aftermarket gets a good hold of the Typhoon in a few years. Every Nissan Skyline and Silvia in the country will be running for cover! Quick in a straight line AND can handle.
Are you implying that the Skyline has poor handling? You'd be sadly mistaken. I don't think any serious GT-R owner be it R32/33/34 will be too concerned about the Typhoon, now or in the future. They're great cars but they are in a different class. Don't hate the Godzilla because it's an RB, hate it because it owned you from the factory.

The only problem I have with that engine conversion is it will never sound like a mustang should. Pure roaring N/A cubes, although the 5L loves a pair of turbos.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #57
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiges
It has started filming. Mate at Hoyts said it should be out by Easter holiday's. And the star of it is Lil' Bow Wow
Who?

Damn, another tosser from the hood who talks like he's being jabbed in the a## with a tent pole :hihi:
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by SpoolMan; 21-12-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #58
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
wouldn't a nice 351W with a blower nestled on top, or two turbo's hanging off the side be a wiser choice?
Not to mention educational.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #59
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
The Clevo must be crap it's old _
Yes, clearly. and mine was crapper* than any of the 5.4s** at the dyno day :P

(* By crapper I mean made more Hosspower, because clearly power is crap :P)
(** I can't bring myself to call them a Boss, the real Bosses have either Clevo heads (Boss302, Boss351) or ports that will fit a tennis ball (Boss429))
Old 21-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #60
BlackLS

Just think who the target audience for the whole Fast and Furious series are.

To them there's no better car than a Skyline GTR.